TV Chimp attacks & gravely injures woman.

This woman is only suing for $50 million. In my opinion she's entitled to much more than that. The owner of the chimp claims it was one of her duties to help with the chimp and therefore is only entitled to workman's comp. This woman should be glad the victim is only asking for $50 million. If it had been my pet I would be so wracked with guilt that I would give this woman anything she asked for.

I saw a note at the Oprah site that asked if the victim should be a candidate for a face transplant. I wonder if that's been looked into?

Wow, I had not heard that the owner now claims this woman WORKED with her and should only get workman's comp! OMG. You have got to be kidding me. How disgusting.

If I remember correctly, when this took place it was originally reported that the owner called this woman to come help her because she was a friend and the chimp supposedly liked her and responded to her.

I think it was on the abcnews.com link. The owner of the chimp said that it was a workers' comp issue. She owned a tow truck company and the victim worked for that company. She said she had occasionally been asked to go over and feed the chimp when the owner was out of town. She didn't like to do it because the chimp was huge and frightened her.

I'll see if I can find the exact words.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/victim-chimp-attack-shows-destroyed-face-oprah/Story?id=9053544&page=3

The chimp's owner claims that Nash was her employee at the time of the attack and is entitled only to file a workman's compensation claim, which would greatly limit the amount of money she could receive.

Nash told Oprah that taking care of the ape was not part of her job and she was scared of even being around the animal.
"I do remember going to feed him a couple of times," she said. "He was big and scary. He was huge."

There is a story coming up on Opera in a few minutes about a chimp attack case. I believe it is this one.

This is going to be a very sad sad story, I don't know if I can watch it.

I am watching it right now... she is such a brave/strong woman. Her disfigurement is shocking, but her beautiful spirit eclipses all of it.

I am watching it right now... she is such a brave/strong woman. Her disfigurement is shocking, but her beautiful spirit eclipses all of it.

I agree,and just like Oprah,after a the initial shock,you see beyond her face and "see" the real woman. I pray to God,she can live an independent and fulfilling life.

You and Hockeymom said it all. Very powerful story, but more importantly a very powerful woman in her own right.

It's something but still not enough for what this woman has suffered. Looking at the photos, even with the face transplant, she will never be the same. No hands, a bald patch on her head, and the loss of sight.

SMH

This is such a sad story because Charla essentially lost her life that day. No, she didn't die but the life she lived before is forever gone, along with her sight, her hands and ability to touch, the ability to be independent. She now lives in a place where she is is dependent on others for help and is basically cut off from the rest of the world.

I hate to hear that she is so lonely.

'I want to do something good out of all this bad': How ground-breaking treatment of woman horrifically mauled by a chimpanzee in 2009 could hold the key to helping soldiers disfigured in battle

Charla Nash was disfigured in a 2009 attack by a rampaging chimpanzee

She was mauled by her employer's 200-pound pet in Stamford, Connecticut

The U.S. military paid for a full face transplant for the 61-year-old in 2011

It is funding follow-up treatment costing hundreds of thousands of dollars

They hope lessons learned can aid disfigured soldiers returning from war

Nash will be weaned off anti-rejection drugs taken since the transplant

The treatment is to take place at Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-learn-victim-chimp-attack.html#ixzz3TzBPdqRq

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back