Jodi Arias recorded statements and interviews

Gosh... I have not avidly followed this trial and it seems like it's a real good one too. Trials become hyper interesting when the defendant testifies. Maybe it's good that I'm not engaed in this thing because I can become way too emotionally invested and I dont have the time to get pissed off at people whom I do not know.

From Jodi's murder testimony:

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 20 - Part 1 - YouTube

Jodi: I was taking pictures. I was probably a few feet from the shower so the water didn't get on the camera, and, um, I was showing him the photos and we were deleting some, and at one point when I went to delete the photos, as I moved the camera, it slipped out of my hand, and I went to -- it didn't fall right away, I kind of caught it, like a football, it bounced and I almost caught it, but I didn't catch it and it landed on the mat, and then it rolled onto the tile.

Nurmi: Where were you when this took place, relative to the shower?

Jodi: I was crouched by the shower, I might have been on the mat or on the edge of the mat.

N: SO what happens after you drop the camera?

J: At that point, Travis flipped out again, and he stood up and he stepped out of the shower and he picked me up - I was crouching, but he lifted me up as he was screaming that I was a stupid idiot, and he "body slammed" me again on the tile. He told me that a five-year-old can hold a camera better than I can. As he was screaming at me there was spit coming out, or maybe it was water, but I was getting wet, and when I hit the tile, I rolled over on the side and started running down the hallway.

And I don't know why I didn't run out of the room. I ran into the closet because the door was open was my thought. Last time I ran down the hallway, he caught me before I got to the door, and that was another incident in the summer, so I guess I went in the closet.

[long drawn out explanation of August 2007 incident that Jodi is mentioning for the first time ever -- not transcribed because it's boring and seems like it's made up for dramatic effect]

Nurmi: Moving back to June 4, before we continue on this story, I want to talk to you about a couple of exhibits, the first being exhibit 160 .... was that a picture that you intentionally took

Jodi: No, it wasn't intentional. It got deleted.

N: Looking at exhibit 161 (ceiling pic), was this a picture you intentionally took?

J: No, I didn't take that one.

N: Showing you exhibit number 159 (Travis' face in shower), to your recollection is that the last picture that you intentionally took of Travis Alexander?

J: I took it intentionally, I don't know what order they were in.

N: When he slammed you down onto the ground, after you dropped the camera, how do you feel?

J: I was scared. I was thinking "crap" because this - it's everything I was trying to avoid downstairs when he started getting mad. I was doing everything I could to avoid that, and I still didn't avoid it, I still screwed it up, and now he's pissed again. So he's freaking out, I'm freaking out. I rolled, like I said, I rolled off to my left and began to run down the hallway, and I could hear him following, I could hear his footsteps chasing me.

N: Were you scared when he was chasing you?

J: Yeah, I didn't want him to grab me again

N: What were you scared that he would do?

J: Who knows? At that point he had already almost killed me. I wasn't thinking when he almost killed me before that I was gonna possibly die, I was just thinking I couldnt breathe, no air, that's all I could think of before I passed out, but it was later on I realized I could have died if he had just held on to my neck a little longer, so I didn't want that to happen, obviously, so I ran into the closet, and I slammed the door, and I intended to run through the opposite end of the door because it has another exit, and as soon as I got in there and began to run, I remembered where he kept a gun, so I grabbed it. I jumped up on the shelf. He kept it on the very top. I grabbed it and then I ran out the other door as he opening the door. And he ran, chasing me, and I turned around and pointed it at him so that he would stop chasing me

N: Jodi, I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit number 70 (picture of closet), do you recognize that area?

J: Yes.

N: What is that?

J: His closet.

N: You said that you grabbed the gun from the closet. Can you point to us where the gun was?

J: It's not shown in this picture, but it's up at the very top - above that ...

N: Ok, then let me show you what's been entered as exhibit 69. Does this show the area from which you grabbed the gun?

N: Would you point to that for us, Jodi?

J: It was up there in the corner, kind of right up there

N: You told us that you knew the gun was there. How did you know that?

J: I had known he had it. I found it one day when -- he used to give me projects when I would clean. Sometimes it was the floorboards, sometimes it was light fixtures, and this day it was the closet shelves. I had to pull everything off the shelves and dust it all, so I got onto the top shelf. There was -- I don't know if it was shown in that picture, but there's also a seat, so I moved the seat around to stand on it to get up there, and it was up there.

N: Ok, so you told us that you grabbed the gun, and got out through the closet, correct?

J: Yes

N: I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit 162 (picture of Travis bleeding). Jodi, look at that picture please. How do we get to that point in time? What happened between the time that you grabbed the gun...

J: I don't know how that picture was taken

N: I'm not asking you how the picture was taken, I'm asking you what happened in between the time you grabbed the gun and what we see here - what happened?

J: When I grabbed the gun, I ran out of the closet - he was chasing me. I turned around, we were in the middle of the bathroom, I pointed it at him with both of my hands. I thought that would stop him. If someone were pointing a gun at me, I would stop, but he just kept running - he got like a linebacker, he got kind of low and grabbed my waist, but before he did that, as he was lunging at me the gun went off. I didn't mean to shoot him or anything. I didn't even think I was holding the trigger. I just was pointing it at him, and I didn't even know that I shot him. It just went off and he lunged at me and we fell really hard against the tile toward the other wall, like kind of near the scales, or whatever those things are.

So at this point, I didn't even know if he had been shot. I didn't see anything different, he was just -- we were struggling and wrestling, and he's a wrestler, he had wrestled in high school, and he was getting on top of me, and I didn't want him to get on top of me because when he had done that in the past, I can't get out of those holds that he gets -- so he's grabbing at my clothes, and I got up, and he's just screaming angry, and after I broke away from him, he said "****in' kill you *****."

N: Before he lunged at you, was he yelling at you and threatening you to your recollection?

J: Well, he was chasing me and he was pissed off

N: Ok, do you remember him yelling or saying anything

J: He was calling me names because I dropped his camera

N: Do you remember what those were?

J: Well, I remember him calling me a ****ing idiot, and I remember him telling me a five year old can hold a camera better than me

N: Do you remember saying anything to him as he lunged at you?

J: I don't think so, I was just crying and running and I pointed it at him, assuming he would get the idea to stop. He just wouldn't stop

N: What do you mean he wouldn't stop?

J: Well, after the gun went off, I thought "crap" because now he's really going to be pissed. I didn't even know that I shot him; I thought I shot a hole in the wall and I'm thinking he's really going to be pissed even more now. And he's telling me he's going to kill me, and I think that I - after he said that, he had almost killed me before, and

N: And what?

J: There's a lot of that day I don't remember. There are a lot of gaps. I don't remember the poses of the pictures. I remember them now that I've seen the pictures, but I didn't remember them until I saw them. I remember taking pictures, I just don't remember the pictures themselves, even though we looked at them, and now I see them and I remember them.

N: Let me ask you this, getting back to that moment in time, not the poses or anything else, you told us that he said, "kill you, *****" and you were underneath him trying to get away

J: He said that right after I broke away from him

N: Ok, right after you broke away from him. Once you broke away from him, what do you remember?

J: Almost nothing for a long time. There are some things that have come back over years, but I don't know if those are things I'm thinking from before or if it's that day; it's confusing, it's like a huge gap, like I don't know if I blacked out or what. There's a huge gap, and the most clear memory I have after that point is driving in the desert, but there are certain little things that have come back, like pictures in my mind that come back since then

N: Let me ask you this. Do you remember stabbing Travis Alexander?

J: I have no memory of stabbing him.

N: Do you remember, as we see here in exhibit 162, do you remember dragging him across the floor?

J: No. I just remember trying to get away from him.

N: I'm showing you exhibit 73; do you remember placing him in the shower?

J: shakes head -- Sorry, that's no.

N: You told us that after running away from him, you don't have any clear memories of what happened after that until hours later, right?

J: I have a few memories, but nothing super clear.

N: Tell us about those memories

J: I have a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher, but I've put the knife in the dishwasher before so I'm pretty sure it was that day

N: Do you know where you got the knife from?

J: It was upstairs

N: Are you assuming that or do you remember that?

J: I'm assuming that. It hadn't been moved since he cut the rope. I don't think it had been touched by either of us since he used it to cut the rope

N: What else do you remember from after the time that you crawled out from underneath him

J: I remember I was in the bathroom - I remember dropping the knife and it clanged the tile, made a big noise, and I just remember screaming. I don't remember anything after that, not immediately.

N: Do you remember where he was when you were screaming?

J: I think he was next to me on the floor, I don't know.

N: Do you know where you were?

J: I was in the bathroom.

N: What else do you remember?

J: Not much

N: Does not much mean nothing?

J: I remember more the feeling of that time, not pictures and things that I can bring back

N: Tell us about the feeling

J: It was like mortal terror. It was like he - I pissed him off the worst I've ever seen him pissed off, and then I tried to stop him and I piss him off even more and I thought "*****" I'd really, really pissed him off, and he was angry at me and he was never going to stop.

N: What do you mean he wasn't going to stop?

J: He wasn't gong to stop. He wasn't stopping.

N: When you say he wasn't going to stop, did you feel that he was going to kill you?

J: For sure, when he said "Kill you", yes. He'd almost killed me before and now he was saying he was going to

N: So when he said that to you, you believed him because of past incidents?

(objection leading, rephrase)

N: Why did you believe him when he said, "kill you, b*tch"?

J: Because he had never said that before and he had taken me almost to that point without that threat and now he was clearly making that threat

N: You told us your last memory in Travis' bathroom was sitting on the bathroom floor screaming

J: I don't know if I was sitting or what, I just remember dropping it

N: Ok, dropping the knife?

J: Yes. I remember what was going through my head. I don't remember anything else after that.

N: What was going through your head?

J: That I couldn't believe - I just couldn't believe what had happened. I couldn't take anything back what had just happened, and it was like I couldn't rewind the clock

N: Did you realize all that had happened

J: I don't know about all, but I just remember dropping the knife and being very freaked out and screaming

N: After remembering that feeling and dropping the knife in the bathroom and some of the other memories you've shared with us, what is the next point in time for which you have a memory?

J: I remember driving - I thought I was driving west because I remember the sun was in my eyes for a while

From Jodi's murder testimony:

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 20 - Part 1 - YouTube

Jodi: I was taking pictures. I was probably a few feet from the shower so the water didn't get on the camera, and, um, I was showing him the photos and we were deleting some, and at one point when I went to delete the photos, as I moved the camera, it slipped out of my hand, and I went to -- it didn't fall right away, I kind of caught it, like a football, it bounced and I almost caught it, but I didn't catch it and it landed on the mat, and then it rolled onto the tile.

Nurmi: Where were you when this took place, relative to the shower?

Jodi: I was crouched by the shower, I might have been on the mat or on the edge of the mat.

N: SO what happens after you drop the camera?

J: At that point, Travis flipped out again, and he stood up and he stepped out of the shower and he picked me up - I was crouching, but he lifted me up as he was screaming that I was a stupid idiot, and he "body slammed" me again on the tile. He told me that a five-year-old can hold a camera better than I can. As he was screaming at me there was spit coming out, or maybe it was water, but I was getting wet, and when I hit the tile, I rolled over on the side and started running down the hallway.

And I don't know why I didn't run out of the room. I ran into the closet because the door was open was my thought. Last time I ran down the hallway, he caught me before I got to the door, and that was another incident in the summer, so I guess I went in the closet.

[long drawn out explanation of August 2007 incident that Jodi is mentioning for the first time ever -- not transcribed because it's boring and seems like it's made up for dramatic effect]

Nurmi: Moving back to June 4, before we continue on this story, I want to talk to you about a couple of exhibits, the first being exhibit 160 .... was that a picture that you intentionally took

Jodi: No, it wasn't intentional. It got deleted.

N: Looking at exhibit 161 (ceiling pic), was this a picture you intentionally took?

J: No, I didn't take that one.

N: Showing you exhibit number 159 (Travis' face in shower), to your recollection is that the last picture that you intentionally took of Travis Alexander?

J: I took it intentionally, I don't know what order they were in.

N: When he slammed you down onto the ground, after you dropped the camera, how do you feel?

J: I was scared. I was thinking "crap" because this - it's everything I was trying to avoid downstairs when he started getting mad. I was doing everything I could to avoid that, and I still didn't avoid it, I still screwed it up, and now he's pissed again. So he's freaking out, I'm freaking out. I rolled, like I said, I rolled off to my left and began to run down the hallway, and I could hear him following, I could hear his footsteps chasing me.

N: Were you scared when he was chasing you?

J: Yeah, I didn't want him to grab me again

N: What were you scared that he would do?

J: Who knows? At that point he had already almost killed me. I wasn't thinking when he almost killed me before that I was gonna possibly die, I was just thinking I couldnt breathe, no air, that's all I could think of before I passed out, but it was later on I realized I could have died if he had just held on to my neck a little longer, so I didn't want that to happen, obviously, so I ran into the closet, and I slammed the door, and I intended to run through the opposite end of the door because it has another exit, and as soon as I got in there and began to run, I remembered where he kept a gun, so I grabbed it. I jumped up on the shelf. He kept it on the very top. I grabbed it and then I ran out the other door as he opening the door. And he ran, chasing me, and I turned around and pointed it at him so that he would stop chasing me

N: Jodi, I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit number 70 (picture of closet), do you recognize that area?

N: What is that?

J: His closet.

N: You said that you grabbed the gun from the closet. Can you point to us where the gun was?

J: It's not shown in this picture, but it's up at the very top - above that ...

N: Ok, then let me show you what's been entered as exhibit 69. Does this show the area from which you grabbed the gun?

N: Would you point to that for us, Jodi?

J: It was up there in the corner, kind of right up there

N: You told us that you knew the gun was there. How did you know that?

J: I had known he had it. I found it one day when -- he used to give me projects when I would clean. Sometimes it was the floorboards, sometimes it was light fixtures, and this day it was the closet shelves. I had to pull everything off the shelves and dust it all, so I got onto the top shelf. There was -- I don't know if it was shown in that picture, but there's also a seat, so I moved the seat around to stand on it to get up there, and it was up there.

N: Ok, so you told us that you grabbed the gun, and got out through the closet, correct?

J: Yes

N: I want to show you what's been marked as exhibit 162 (picture of Travis bleeding). Jodi, look at that picture please. How do we get to that point in time? What happened between the time that you grabbed the gun...

J: I don't know how that picture was taken

N: I'm not asking you how the picture was taken, I'm asking you what happened in between the time you grabbed the gun and what we see here - what happened?

J: When I grabbed the gun, I ran out of the closet - he was chasing me. I turned around, we were in the middle of the bathroom, I pointed it at him with both of my hands. I thought that would stop him. If someone were pointing a gun at me, I would stop, but he just kept running - he got like a linebacker, he got kind of low and grabbed my waist, but before he did that, as he was lunging at me the gun went off. I didn't mean to shoot him or anything. I didn't even think I was holding the trigger. I just was pointing it at him, and I didn't even know that I shot him. It just went off and he lunged at me and we fell really hard against the tile toward the other wall, like kind of near the scales, or whatever those things are.

So at this point, I didn't even know if he had been shot. I didn't see anything different, he was just -- we were struggling and wrestling, and he's a wrestler, he had wrestled in high school, and he was getting on top of me, and I didn't want him to get on top of me because when he had done that in the past, I can't get out of those holds that he gets -- so he's grabbing at my clothes, and I got up, and he's just screaming angry, and after I broke away from him, he said "****in' kill you *****."

N: Before he lunged at you, was he yelling at you and threatening you to your recollection?

J: Well, he was chasing me and he was pissed off

N: Ok, do you remember him yelling or saying anything

J: He was calling me names because I dropped his camera

N: Do you remember what those were?

J: Well, I remember him calling me a ****ing idiot, and I remember him telling me a five year old can hold a camera better than me

N: Do you remember saying anything to him as he lunged at you?

J: I don't think so, I was just crying and running and I pointed it at him, assuming he would get the idea to stop. He just wouldn't stop

N: What do you mean he wouldn't stop?

J: Well, after the gun went off, I thought "crap" because now he's really going to be pissed. I didn't even know that I shot him; I thought I shot a hole in the wall and I'm thinking he's really going to be pissed even more now. And he's telling me he's going to kill me, and I think that I - after he said that, he had almost killed me before, and

N: And what?

J: There's a lot of that day I don't remember. There are a lot of gaps. I don't remember the poses of the pictures. I remember them now that I've seen the pictures, but I didn't remember them until I saw them. I remember taking pictures, I just don't remember the pictures themselves, even though we looked at them, and now I see them and I remember them.

N: Let me ask you this, getting back to that moment in time, not the poses or anything else, you told us that he said, "kill you, *****" and you were underneath him trying to get away

J: He said that right after I broke away from him

N: Ok, right after you broke away from him. Once you broke away from him, what do you remember?

J: Almost nothing for a long time. There are some things that have come back over years, but I don't know if those are things I'm thinking from before or if it's that day; it's confusing, it's like a huge gap, like I don't know if I blacked out or what. There's a huge gap, and the most clear memory I have after that point is driving in the desert, but there are certain little things that have come back, like pictures in my mind that come back since then

N: Let me ask you this. Do you remember stabbing Travis Alexander?

J: I have no memory of stabbing him.

N: Do you remember, as we see here in exhibit 162, do you remember dragging him across the floor?

J: No. I just remember trying to get away from him.

N: I'm showing you exhibit 73; do you remember placing him in the shower?

J: shakes head -- Sorry, that's no.

N: You told us that after running away from him, you don't have any clear memories of what happened after that until hours later, right?

J: I have a few memories, but nothing super clear.

N: Tell us about those memories

J: I have a vague memory of putting the knife in the dishwasher, but I've put the knife in the dishwasher before so I'm pretty sure it was that day

N: Do you know where you got the knife from?

J: It was upstairs

N: Are you assuming that or do you remember that?

J: I'm assuming that. It hadn't been moved since he cut the rope. I don't think it had been touched by either of us since he used it to cut the rope

N: What else do you remember from after the time that you crawled out from underneath him

J: I remember I was in the bathroom - I remember dropping the knife and it clanged the tile, made a big noise, and I just remember screaming. I don't remember anything after that, not immediately.

N: Do you remember where he was when you were screaming?

J: I think he was next to me on the floor, I don't know.

N: Do you know where you were?

J: I was in the bathroom.

N: What else do you remember?

J: Not much

N: Does not much mean nothing?

J: I remember more the feeling of that time, not pictures and things that I can bring back

N: Tell us about the feeling

J: It was like mortal terror. It was like he - I pissed him off the worst I've ever seen him pissed off, and then I tried to stop him and I piss him off even more and I thought "*****" I'd really, really pissed him off, and he was angry at me and he was never going to stop.

N: What do you mean he wasn't going to stop?

J: He wasn't gong to stop. He wasn't stopping.

N: When you say he wasn't going to stop, did you feel that he was going to kill you?

J: For sure, when he said "Kill you", yes. He'd almost killed me before and now he was saying he was going to

N: So when he said that to you, you believed him because of past incidents?

(objection leading, rephrase)

N: Why did you believe him when he said, "kill you, b*tch"?

J: Because he had never said that before and he had taken me almost to that point without that threat and now he was clearly making that threat

N: You told us your last memory in Travis' bathroom was sitting on the bathroom floor screaming

J: I don't know if I was sitting or what, I just remember dropping it

N: Ok, dropping the knife?

J: Yes. I remember what was going through my head. I don't remember anything else after that.

N: What was going through your head?

J: That I couldn't believe - I just couldn't believe what had happened. I couldn't take anything back what had just happened, and it was like I couldn't rewind the clock

N: Did you realize all that had happened

J: I don't know about all, but I just remember dropping the knife and being very freaked out and screaming

N: After remembering that feeling and dropping the knife in the bathroom and some of the other memories you've shared with us, what is the next point in time for which you have a memory?

J: I remember driving - I thought I was driving west because I remember the sun was in my eyes for a while

Which is really stupid... Travis got out of the shower after each pic to look? Eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you minor 4th! There are ago many impossibilities in that and easier to see in words.ESP the part About the doors.she cannot keep them straight.

Ok guys, I am officially giving up on transcribing the "phone sex tape". If someone else wants to pick up where I left off, go for it. I finally realized that I just can't do this one anymore. I literally get nauseated just thinking that have it on my to-do list. Sorry guys.

This is the link to the recording that I was using and I noted the minutes of where I stopped at the end of this transcription.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 17. Afternoon. Part 1. The Phone Sex Tape. Complete. Graphic - YouTube

This is what I have so far. (At one point I thought it was interesting to point out what Jodi was doing at the same time certain parts of the tape were played so I was putting that in with pink.)

Council please approach
Before the jury comes in, I want to address the gallery. The parties have agreed to the admission of exhibit 428. It is an audio recording. That audio recording will be played for the jury this afternoon. It does contain some very sensitive, sexually explicit matters. It is important that those of you in the gallery have no reaction whatsoever to anything that is played for this jury. If you believe that the materials on this particular audio recording are such that you would prefer not to be present I’m going to ask that you leave the courtroom now. The prosecutor has advised me that he has met with the family of the victim. That the family of the victim has had an opportunity to listen to the audio recording it is their desire that the audio recording be played in open court and they wish to be present. If any member of the family of the victim has a different position please raise your hand now and let me know. I see no hands. Ms Arias please come forward and take the stand. Please bring in the jury. Please be seated the record will show the presence of the jury, the defendant and all council. Ms Arias you are still under oath do you understand?

Yes.

Mr Nurmi you may continue with direct examination.

Thank you your honor. Uh, in conjunction with that before we begin questioning Ms Arias and pursuant to the stipulations previously made uh we are asking to publish what’s being marked as what’s been entered excuse me as exhibit 428.

You may do so.

***beginning of audio recording starts off with Jodi***

Ok what did you say I’m sorry?

I said why don’t we just talk for a little bit about happy things and get normalized for a moment and then we’ll see where it takes us.

<<Jodi-loud laugh>>We&#8217;ll see where it takes us. I like that. Like to get ?? &#8230;get all happy and get normalized part.

Kick your shoes off, come on get happy. Yeah. Yeah. It&#8217;s going to be uh June through uh the beginning of June through like the beginning of July is going to be a busy time in Mr Alexander&#8217;s life

Yeah me too

And then the end of July too

Mmmhmm ok for me I might make a trip at the end of the month to Utah but I don&#8217;t know if I&#8217;m game for it so it&#8217;s like I don&#8217;t know if I&#8217;ll do that. I want to&#8230;

Why would you go to Utah?

For to visit and see the sights and see my friends and all that

Why would you go and if you&#8217;re going to Daniel Summit&#8217;s

Well that&#8217;s what I&#8217;m saying like it&#8217;s just right around the corner so I may not. Maybe just to Daniel Summit but, I don&#8217;t know we&#8217;ll see like&#8230;

Daniel who??

Summit. You know him well you&#8217;ve met him more times than I have. <<strange giggle>> He&#8217;s funny so but yeah June you&#8217;re going to what Cancun and coming here but let&#8217;s see what else are you doing?

<<Travis yawns>> Uh, Washington DC

Oh yeah that&#8217;s what I&#8217;m doing&#8230;tuhh&#8230;well if I can afford it, I&#8217;d like to go to WA DC but I think that&#8217;s out. What I&#8217;d like to do though is I&#8217;m going to travel around with you and um if I have the money I&#8217;m going to go to the Team Freedom event which is in June and I&#8217;ve got places to stay in Palm Desert so that&#8217;s easy. No money there.

Here&#8217;s the problem that I have with the Team thing and you know that it&#8217;s in Palm Springs right

Ok in the summer it&#8217;s a really dumb place to stay in the summer

Yeah, yeah which is like a horrible place in the summer

Yeah

Number 2, their idea of social time is to get drunk

Not everybody

Praying would be awesome. I don&#8217;t like those people. I respect them as business people but that is about it.

Really??

They don&#8217;t have a soul.

<<strange giggle>> Are you serious?

They&#8217;re Godless it&#8217;s lijke look into their eyes it&#8217;s like dark

What about people like Tara? And Mark Smith?

Ok, Tara&#8217;s nice and maybe there&#8217;s something there but like like I said I respect them um for what they&#8217;ve done in their businesses. I like them <<yawn>> as business associates but they don&#8217;t have a soul.

You&#8217;re crazy.

Look at &#8216;em all, tell me I&#8217;m trippin.

Awww I guess I&#8217;ve just gotten to know a few different people a little bit differently that&#8217;s all.

So like the people you got to know are the worst ones.

Awww Tara Postenbach (sp?)

Tara Postenbach is awesome

Ok I know you don&#8217;t like Abe

Yeah well he&#8217;s soulless he&#8217;s like the top of the list

<<strange giggle>> I wouldn&#8217;t call him soulless I would just call him like focused like business prudent

He&#8217;s not focused on business

Well I don&#8217;t know

If he&#8217;s focused on business he&#8217;d be a solid ED for starters.

He told me the other day that he hopes you get your ring

He told you the other day?

Yeah

How the hell did that come up?

Um because I went to I went to leave him a comment on his myspace because I haven&#8217;t talked to him in like four months I was just going to&#8230;he left me one out of the blue after not talking to me for four months saying it said who what where or something and I was going to say the same thing back just to just to throw it out there kind of thing and I went to add put the add comment and it said you must be this users friend in order to make comments about them and I&#8217;m like what??? He&#8217;s always been my myspace friend and so I texted him and I said &#8220;Hey&#8221; I said &#8220;I&#8217;ve got a bone to pick with you&#8221; and he wrote back &#8220;What?&#8221; and I said &#8220;You&#8217;re not my myspace friend anymore!&#8221; and then the phone rang, it was him and he&#8217;s like &#8220;Hey listen this is why&#8221; he&#8217;s like &#8220;I deleted you from my friends because I just didn&#8217;t want to be any part of your drama&#8230;your drama with you and Travis&#8221; and I was like &#8220;Uh ok&#8221; he&#8217;s like &#8220;It&#8217;s nothing against you, I think you guys are both great people I just didn&#8217;t want to be associated with that&#8221; and I &#8216;s like he&#8217;s like &#8220;I hope you can understand that it has nothing to do with you, I think you&#8217;re a great girl I think Travis is an awesome businessman in fact I really hope he gets his ring I think that&#8217;d be awesome because that&#8217;s just more stories that I can tell&#8221; and he said he just said in passing he&#8217;s like &#8220;But, I hope you understand&#8221; and I was like &#8220;Well, ok&#8221; and then he said&#8230;.

Well it was either that or just ??

What? What?

That&#8217;s ??? right there

I know, I thought it was too. I thought it was too he&#8217;s like I mean I see hedid bring that up though he&#8217;s like &#8220;I don&#8217;t understand you know I see him in the bathroom and I&#8217;m a ghost to him like he doesn&#8217;t even he looks right through me or I&#8230;he doesn&#8217;t even see me or say hi to me.&#8221; And he said &#8220;and I have no problem with that if it&#8217;s gotta be that way then fine!&#8221; and he&#8217;s like &#8220;I have nothing against him.&#8221; And that&#8217;s when he said &#8220;In fact I hope you get his he gets his ring&#8221; that&#8217;s what he said.

<<Travis chuckling>> That means I intimidate him in the bathroom.

He said nothing but nice things about you but that he didn&#8217;t want to be a part of my dramas and I was like &#8220;ok&#8221;

He&#8217;s a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say &#8220;Hey you kissed my girlfriend&#8221; wow, let&#8217;s talk about that.

<<Jodi saying something unintelligible while laughing>> That was before I was your girlfriend, you are so cute.

Uhhh, nahhh, nah.

<<JA giggle>>

It wasn&#8217;t&#8230;what am I supposed to say you know what I mean? Am I supposed to say uh Hey, I just got uh ripped a new one &#8216;cause I&#8217;m drug check frickin&#8217; felony and and now uh you&#8217;re drunk and you&#8217;re frickin&#8217; trying to hook up with my girlfriend five months later? Ya know?

When was that?

Oklahoma, remember I was going to go beat him down?

Oh, he said something not so nice. He, it was a compliment, it was meant to be a compliment to me but it was an insult to you and I should have stuck stuck up for you I was I was timid and I was still I&#8217;m like that I need to work on that I need to be&#8230;

Yeah I always notice you take so much crap over Clancy and then you didn&#8217;t stand up for me you were getting picked up&#8230;

No he was hanging all over me&#8230;

No&#8230;Hey hey&#8230;not true. Not true, we don&#8217;t need to go there, let&#8217;s not even go there

Let&#8217;s not go there then <<JA giggle>> We already said the other night that we are never going to go there again so let&#8217;s let it go. Ok back to the Team Freedom thing um yeah&#8230;

This is why I intimidate him in the bathroom

**************JA starts to put her blazer back on at this point**************

<<JA loud giggle>> You&#8217;re funny

I thought I was too &#8216;cause &#8216;cause I was right next to him and I put out the &#8216;I&#8217;ll whip your A buddy if you say one word to me&#8217;

<<<<<<<<JA low giggle>>>>>>>> I think you grabbed my *advertiser censored* right in front of him when we were walking through the casino last trip to Vegas of &#8217;07. we walked by you&#8217;re like and you grabbed my butt and you&#8217;re like &#8220;There was Abe.&#8221; And I was like &#8220;Whaaat??&#8221; like I love it when you grab my butt because it...it feels nice <<JA giggle>> but you only do it like when you&#8217;re trying to prove a point to somebody else.

That&#8217;s not true&#8230;but I always do it when I&#8217;m trying to prove a point to someone else
14:37
That&#8217;s true

You, you can not say I don&#8217;t work that booty

Oh never mind you do know how to work the booty

Your butt has gotten more attention than any woman on the face of the earth I want to add

<<JA giggle>> Well, it kind of screams for attention it sticks out

I love that butt it is the&#8230;if they had asses of the planet awards it would win

Aawww I don&#8217;t know about that but thank you

Nah it would and I&#8217;ll admit in so many categories it frickin&#8217; gets an A+

You&#8217;re an A+

For example I&#8217;m not the frickin&#8217; tossed salad type to be honest but uh I would do it I&#8217;d love doing it to you

And you have done it Eww, ew

I frickin&#8217; no I&#8217;ve more than done it I&#8217;ve frickin&#8217; done it

You&#8217;ve chomped I&#8217;d say. You&#8217;ve uh&#8230;gone to town like it was an all you can eat salad bar.

Yeah I went to town on it for like 45 minutes one night

Oh my gosh

That&#8217;s a lot

That&#8217;s the thing about you, you have the most incredible stamina that I&#8217;ve ever ever even dreamed of encountering. It&#8217;s just crazy like you &#8230;.

Yeah we&#8217;ve had two and three hour sessions many times

Yeah we have. More than that even

It&#8217;s it&#8217;s it&#8217;s it&#8217;s I think three and a half is like our tops or something

Oh yeah right <unintelligible>

It&#8217;s because I pace myself

<<<unintelligible>>> because I have that constant renewable of energy

Yeah. I uh you got renewable&#8230;you can just never stop. I am extracurricular so and I&#8217;m a giver so I don&#8217;t mind recouping while I&#8217;m doing what I need to do to you so&#8230;

I&#8217;m a giver

I know, I agree honey

But I don&#8217;t mind receiving while you&#8217;re doing the giving

And umm I&#8217;m glad and I like how you play whatever role you need to play

I like to role play, that&#8217;s fun.

You know if you need to you know handle me you&#8217;ll handle me, if you need to be handled, you&#8217;ll be handled.

Aahh I know and I know you love being handled but like if I had to put just one before the other, I like being handled <<giggle>> I like being handled but yeah I totally will handle you

Yeah, you&#8217;re uh <<unintelligible>> Mercy mercy me well we got on to this quicker than I thought we would.

Yeah I wonder how that happened.

<<unintelligible>> I&#8217;m uh I&#8217;m really into the <<unintelligible>>

Convention?

Event. Yeah

Are you coming up here before Cancun?

Yeah, that that&#8217;s my plan.

Um what is your itinerary you&#8217;re gonna are you going to do San Francisco or is that going to be another time?

No I think I&#8217;m going to do all of that stuff

Then you&#8217;ll see me and we&#8217;ll go Oregon coast and Crater Lake, Shakespeare <JA-long loud yawn> if that goes as planned and then and then I guess you&#8217;ll go up to what see your friends in Washington or something

I&#8217;m not going to do all that.

You&#8217;re the top of the list.

<giggle> In more ways than one&#8230;no just kidding <giggle> um ha ha that was funny

No, I laughed I laughed.

Um ok so then you would still drive back

Yeah. I&#8217;m going to yeah you&#8217;re the top of the list I I I&#8217;d be&#8230;that&#8217;s just too much like all that. What I&#8217;ll do is I&#8217;ll fly into Seattle and stay with my friends and uh go to British Columbia on that same trip

Ok are you going to be travelling abroad any time soon I mean other than Mexico of course?

Uh, well B.C.

That&#8217;s not abroad, I mean international.

Oh, no. I might go to Argentina in September. I&#8217;ll probably go to Argentina in September like late September

Oh cool what brings you to Argentina?

Uh just Steve Vance [***?? I&#8217;m unsure of the name**] and a bunch of guys are going down there to live and uh I might go down there for like a month

Who&#8217;s going down to live?

Steve Vance and Danny Jones and a few other guys

Oh they&#8217;re going to go down there and live? That&#8217;s crazy Danny Jones moved to Virginia

Good. He&#8217;s just a waste of potential that guy

Massive potential and he just squanders it

Yeah he&#8217;s a freakin&#8217; loss. He uh it&#8217;s like his picture on facebook like are you the dumbest *advertiser censored* on the face of the earth

I haven&#8217;t seen it recently what is it?

It&#8217;s him grabbing his crotch.

Oh yeah! I know I was thinking what are you 16 years old?

Seriously

Like it makes you wonder like are you a church member. <giggle> I mean I&#8217;m all for like the wild streak but don&#8217;t broadcast it to the whole world.

Yeah I almost made&#8230; put a frickin&#8217; interesting comment on that picture.

<JA yelp> Like what?

I almost put your mission president would be proud.

<shouting> You should! Why don&#8217;t you?

Maybe I should.

He hasn&#8217;t been back for even a year or barely a year I think he&#8217;s been back. You should Travis don&#8217;t be intimidated by him you would do that to anybody else why would you stop with him?

Why would you say I&#8217;m intimidated by Danny Jones?

I wouldn&#8217;t, I didn&#8217;t mean to imply that I&#8217;m just saying like like when Victor Ruiz when his friend apparently got a hold of his Helio and posted a bunch of stupid stuff you blasted him to Mars. You&#8230;and he&#8217;s not even a church member to be held accountable.

Well, it&#8217;s because he sent me an email and I took that as a personal insult

Oh. I thought he just sent&#8230;posted a bulletin or something.

Uh maybe he maybe he did. I blasted Mario for sending me a maybe I&#8217;m getting those mixed up. Mario sent me some joke with the F word in it.

Oh yeah yeah yeah that&#8217;s what it was

And I ripped him to shreds and I ripped Victor to shreds.

Yeah so you can put a little mark on there&#8230;don&#8217;t do it if you don&#8217;t want to I&#8217;m not trying to pressure you but I&#8230;

No I would prefer to probably do it with by emailing him rather than posting a comment because you know I don&#8217;t wanna like humiliate him

I know but&#8230;yeah I can

But then again he&#8217;s already humiliated himself though hasn&#8217;t he?

True he&#8217;s he&#8217;s begging for comments basically. He put that picture up for attention, he&#8217;s asking for comments and uh <giggle> I think you should oblige. <giggle> But yeah if you want to do it privately, you did it privately with Mario and Victor so&#8230; but none the less you gotta <<unintelligible>> that&#8217;s funny, your mission president would be proud, that is funny. <giggle> Hey did you look at my new profile?

That&#8217;s kind of a rude thing to say but, what?

Did you look at my profile picture?

Oh I totally forgot I&#8217;ll go look again at the desk.

Oh that&#8217;s ok you don&#8217;t have to do it now. It&#8217;s kind of an average picture but I&#8217;m kind of hungry for pictures.

You got great pictures I don&#8217;t know why you say that you got you&#8217;re like very photogenic

Well. I don&#8217;t know I&#8217;m I&#8217;m not photogenic I just choose them carefully <giggle>

Nah&#8230;you&#8217;re pretty.

Thank you.

You are just so attractive.

I&#8217;m getting used to myself I guess, in front of the camera.

You are just seriously now like I&#8217;ve never seen you look bad&#8230;in my life.

<giggle> yes you have. When I have puffy eyes and have cried off all my makeup.

You don&#8217;t look bad then either you just look miserable. But you look hot so&#8230;

<giggle> That is funny that you say that, thank you.

It&#8217;s true, think about it..like it&#8217;s think about this there have been many times where you are like miserable and I&#8217;ve like&#8230;raped you.

That&#8217;s true we&#8217;ve had lots of like make up time. That is true. But it&#8217;s a good way for us to de-stress.

Yeah it&#8217;s true we&#8217;ve uh we&#8217;ve done that in the uh middle of a&#8230;like when we were just pissed at each other.

Yeah we have haven&#8217;t we?

Well, like it was like my, I thought I don&#8217;t know a way out you know&#8230;

Yeah there was one time I remember I think I kind of vaguely remember I mean I don&#8217;t keep track of it about how many but there was a time where we were just&#8230;I don&#8217;t even know who initiated it, I think you did.

I did.

Yeah, other times we&#8217;ve been like so discouraged with each other that I didn&#8217;t think it like frickin&#8217; if we were injected with like aphrodisiacs it wouldn&#8217;t work.

Well, it it it kind of puts things in perspective a little more because your mind gets off of it for a little while and when you do come back to the problem <<unintelligible>>

Yeah

But certainly the best times are when we just go for a frickin&#8217; romp session&#8230;just like go forever.

You&#8217;re, you&#8217;re not joking I mean like like there are times when when we just I can&#8217;t, I&#8217;m trying to think of an example. There&#8217;s been a few times where I&#8217;ve been bold enough to just pull you onto the bed and start and&#8230;oh my gosh do you remember that time I came to visit you when I was still living in California and I fell asleep on your chair next to your bed and you just like woke me up by pulling my pants off and totally licking my pussy?

Yeah.

I was so embarrassed because I&#8217;d just like got my Brazilian on and I was like worried about what it looked like and I was like aaahhh and the lights were bright and they were on and I was all self conscious <giggle> but I remember that was hot. I was like I was totally tired and I was asleep and I would have been completely content just cuddling with you once we got into bed but <yelp> you had another agenda.

Yeah, you gotta admit though like there&#8217;s not many guys that would do that just for fun like you gotta admit that.

See that&#8217;s the thing like I don&#8217;t know what the ratio is but I get the impression that they&#8217;re I mean this is kind of an awkward subject to bring up but you know eventually we&#8217;re both going to remarry people and I just get the feeling that there aren&#8217;t a lot of Mormon guys like that and there may or may not&#8230;I&#8217;m sure that there are plenty of freaky Mormon girls but are they the marrying type. I shouldn&#8217;t say that, I&#8217;m just saying are they the type that you&#8217;d want to marry or are the guys out there the type that I&#8217;d want to marry and and I don&#8217;t know like I really would like to marry some&#8230;a return missionary but like you someone who can be freaky like I just worry about that. There are plenty of nice people out there but like&#8230;aahhh I worry that I might feel like a wilting flower is all. Who never really blossomed to her full potential at least in the sexual realm. I feel like I have with you but still I have plenty of blossom time left and I want to live all those years being that way I don&#8217;t know.

Yeah.

That&#8217;s all.

Well, I&#8217;m I&#8217;m gonna enjoy your blossoms when I come up there.

Yeah. <giggle>

I&#8217;m going to tie you to a tree and put it in your *advertiser censored* by the way.

What&#8217;s that?

I&#8217;m going to tie you to a tree and put it in your *advertiser censored* by the way.

Oh my gosh. That is so debasing. I like it <giggle>

We&#8217;ll go into the woods and zip tie your arms around a tree blindfold you and uh put the pict.. the camera on timer while recording this.

Oh my gosh! You are full of ideas.

Well, it takes creativity to top ourselves.

<giggle> It does&#8230;we&#8217;ve gotten way creative in the past. I think we almost regret it though as far as the creativity and ideas go. I&#8217;m game for like almost everything you come up with um but you really are a well spring of ideas. You are&#8230;like quite the source.

When you&#8230;just think of how how I pounded you with a full tootsie roll pop as though it was nothing.

<giggle> I know.

You and your *advertiser censored* and pussy were tasty.

<giggle> You did, you put it all over me and then licked it off.

I did it was strong&#8230;and the pop rocks&#8230;I didn&#8217;t like the pop rocks as much as I liked the tootsie roll pop though.

Yeah, yeah they were interesting.

When you were gone I could see that pop rocks got all over the place.

You know what I really liked was when we were in the bath with the candles and I had the braids.

Umhm.

And the bubbles&#8230;I was on top

Oh I loved the braids.

I know, those are hot.

<<< 30:23 &#8211; 30:33 long silent pause in the recording>>>

I know I like it I don&#8217;t know there&#8217;s just&#8230;it is fun. I want you to do that more.

I want you to do that more&#8230;

Alright we&#8217;ll both&#8230;

&#8230;to me. Like you could ride my frickin&#8217; face like a horse.

Yeah?
We need to get some 69 pics too.

69 pics?

Yeah.

How will we do that?

Set timer.

Oh yeah! You&#8217;re smart.

And uh I&#8217;ll give you some great shots of frickin&#8217; puttin&#8217; it in you. Like an actual putting it in you and like your reaction it&#8217;d be&#8230;the angles and uh&#8230;the whole bit.

Mmhmm

But you are right that in the bath ahh that was hot.

Oh when we took a bath together?

Uh huh.

That was, that was surreal like honestly and I think I mean maybe the candle light and the bubbles all had something to do with it but ahh you were amazing. You made me seriously you made me feel like a Goddess like I wasn&#8217;t saying you were like worshiping me but you were you made me feel like I was the most freaking beautiful woman on the whole planet. Like I so so felt like I was the Goddess <<giggle>> and so, aside from all those warm fuzzy feelings but like it was it was so sexy and it was so hot and ohh gosh.

Well it wasn&#8217;t hard to make you feel that way because you were you were frickin&#8217; you you were hot you are&#8230;seriously honey, I want pussy right now for that&#8230;start touching yourself.

I am already <<giggle>>

Alright. I just started.

I wish those were my hands giving you a hand job.

Honey right like now before I met you I never jacked off once I start&#8230;I started meeting you it was like once a month once every two weeks like&#8230;since you&#8217;ve left I jack off every day sometimes 2, 3 times a day.

Are you serious?!

Yeah well it&#8217;s always <<unintelligible>>

Oh my <<unintelligible>> right now. I wish you were here. If you were here and my grandparents asleep I&#8217;d put you right in my bedroom and we&#8217;d shut and lock the door and we would just have a big **** fest and we&#8217;d go at it all night.

Well, let&#8217;s do it baby come get me there right now.

I want you to come.

I want to <<unintelligible>> I want you to come right on my face I want to see you come.

<<giggle>> I meant come here. <<giggle>>

Oh <<unintelligible>>

<<unintelligible>>

Yeah well, I haven&#8217;t come but I will. I can&#8217;t wait to get pictures of jism on your face

<<yelp>> That&#8217;s gonna be cool actually.

We can probably get one <<unintelligible>> on each other on your face and then&#8230;

Yeah, definitely.

I can get the shot.

Uh huh&#8230;.you make me so horny. I seriously think about having sex with you every day. Several times a day. I think of how hot it&#8217;d feel to have your *advertiser censored* deep inside of me. I remember it and I want it again.

Is it wrong that I&#8217;m glad we started ****ing?

What?

Is it wrong that I&#8217;m glad we started ****ing?

Well, if it&#8217;s wrong then I don&#8217;t want to be right <<giggle>> &#8216;cause I&#8217;m glad too. Like seriously&#8230;

Generally I&#8217;m like ok um Jodi I&#8217;m just Jodi I&#8217;m all Jodi

Like I, like I I don&#8217;t know the&#8230;what&#8217;s wrong is that I wish we were doing it before because&#8230;

Yeah.

&#8230;that was good and it it&#8230;

Once we did it like, why not do it ya know

Exactl&#8230;uh I know what you mean.

I want to give you a cream pie too.

What&#8217;s that?

A cr&#8230;

35:49 &#8211; 36:00
<<<<long pause, recording is silent&#8230;.possibly being redacted/censored here>>>

What&#8217;s a cream pie?

When I blow my wad right&#8230;just like a quarter inch inside your pussy.

Oh yeah

It&#8217;s supposed to just <<unintelligible>>

A cream pie&#8230;

I want to get a picture of that.

Uh huh.

I&#8217;d get a lot of *advertiser censored* shots with you.

Yes, definitely.

A lot of Kodak moments.

Yes.

I mean how many&#8230;you&#8217;re gonna have some great big times you&#8217;re gonna&#8230; I mean honey&#8230;because you look like a *advertiser censored* star you&#8217;ve got that every part of you you look like that exotic or that <<unintelligible>> oh hey I had a great thought about you while I was jerking off this morning I just wanted to say&#8230;

Can you describe it for me?

Oh yeah I frickin&#8217; pounded you something ferocious in my thoughts this morning.

<<giggle>>

Um&#8230;well like I&#8217;m looking at all these great pictures with a quality camera and a setting that&#8217;s like you know perfect. I mean it could be like legitimate *advertiser censored*.

Yeah.

In every sense you know what I mean? And you can handle yourself like ahh hot.

I&#8217;m going to come soon honey.

Well I&#8217;ll tell you what I was thinking about today.

Alright but if I come, don&#8217;t come yet ok &#8216;cause then I&#8217;ll come two times and you can come a second time.

Ok like&#8230;

<<JA starts panting like a dog>>

&#8230;like like everything about like the details of your body is so hot like those big frickin&#8217; nipples they&#8217;re just like&#8230;it&#8217;s just like&#8230;just accentuate a female you are and how hot you are like like you prototype the sluttiness. Like you&#8217;re the prototype&#8230;you made the freakin&#8217; <<unintelligible>> and then most of all oh I love it is, is how much detail your pussy has and big &#8230;

<<JA starts talking over Travis mid-sentence>>

Now I ha&#8230;I like the the things because I&#8217;ve always been self conscious about those things and you make me feel like&#8230;

It, it makes you like a super&#8230;woman.

<<JA-loud exhale>>
And it it&#8217;s just like it&#8217;s all like there&#8217;s some women because they&#8217;re feminine because they have *advertiser censored* and they have a <<unintelligible>> you&#8217;re ultra feminine because you have freakin&#8217; that&#8217;s so freakin&#8217;&#8230;

<<JA starts panting like a dog and talking over Travis mid-sentence>> Uh Right now <<JA moaning over and over and over and over and over then starts panting like a dog again>>

Oh that was hot.

<<JA panting>>
**************39:14 &#8211; Jodi holds tissue to her nose**************
Actually&#8230;totally. The way you moan baby it sounds like sounds like you&#8217;re a twelve year old girl having her first orgasm.

<<JA gasps>> It sounds like, it sounds like what?!

A twelve year old girl having her first orgasm.

<<JA-giggle>>

Like <<unintelligible>> this hot little girl.

<<JA-laughing>> You&#8217;re bad, you make me feel so dirty.

You are dirty gorgeous&#8230;now finger yourself some more because I could come at any moment.

Alright
**************39:53 &#8211; Jodi holds tissue to her nose**************
<<unintelligible>> you baby I just want to have a **** fest with you. I like that term. It&#8217;s a marathon. Put my dick in every orifice in your body just&#8230;have my way with you being dirty.

Yeah.

<<unintelligible>> but seriously though like you don&#8217;t know how hot that is. That&#8217;s so hot <<unintelligible>>

How hot was it?

Your pussy lips?

<<JA sigh>> I like it when you suck on &#8216;em. And it&#8217;s like you suck on &#8216;em like they&#8217;re like they&#8217;re candy like they&#8217;re, they&#8217;re lollipops. You just lick &#8216;em.

That&#8217;s because you taste like seriously with like people that yeah I obviously don&#8217;t get&#8230;there&#8217;s other people that they taste fine. I&#8217;ve never had anyone I&#8217;ve actually enjoyed the taste of them but you doing it I like the flavor in your pussy.

That&#8217;s awesome!

And on the other side ok I&#8217;ll tell you this I love how naturally hairless you are it&#8217;s like no hair to be found I know you wax but even still it&#8217;s just so smooth, smooth <<unintelligible>>

I like being smooth, you&#8217;re smooth too. You&#8217;re smooth all over in places like I didn&#8217;t know you could get smooth.

<< 41:39 A whole bunch of unintelligible back and forth>>

I've posted this in the other major thread, but though I'd also post it here. Things I like about the cross examination, Part 1:

1) Around 20:59, JA is hemming and hawwing about the time and being "monogamous," and Martinez says, "Right around the time you killed him..." and JA seems deflated.

2) 20:00-24:00 - Martinez reveals JA's double standard

JM: Ma'am take a look at exhibit 413. You recognize that exhibit, correct?
JA: Yes
JM: And that's a picture of you, correct?
JA: yes
JM: and the other one is a picture of your dumb sister, Angela, correct?
JA: That's my sister, she's not dumb.
JM: Well, do you remember having a conversation with Travis Alexander back on May 10 of 2008?
JM: And do you remember that you tape-recorded that conversation?
JM: And during that conversation isn't it true that you said I honestly think, talking about Angela, she's a little bit dumb. You said that, right?
JA: Yes, I called her dumb and stupid
JM: Did I ask you whether or not you called her stupid ma'am?
JA: No
JM: I asked you whether or not you called her dumb, right?
JM: Now take a look at exhibit 452. Do you recognize the two people there?
JM: And this photograph was taken by your camera, correct?
JA: It looks like it.
JM: Well, when you say it looks like it, isn't it part of the same photographs that are involved in exhibit 413?
JA: Um, I think it is
JM: well exhibit number 413 that was taken on May 10 (bring it in) of 2008, right?
JM: and this photograph here, exhibit number 413, features the color of your hair doesn't it?
JA: And exhibit 452 also features the color of your hair doesn't it?
JA: Yes, a different part of my hair
JM: and this was taken sometime in May of 2008, correct
JA: this exhibit?
JM: No, exhibit 452
JA: I only remember it was the spring, I think
JM: of 2008

[Move for the admission of 452
Objection, lack of foundation. Counsel approach
452 is admitted]

JM: Ma'am take a look at the back of exhibit 452 to see the date on that. Does that date refresh your recollection as to when this photograph was taken?
JM: and what date was this photograph taken
JA: 5 days later the 15th of May, 2008
JM: And with regard to this photograph, it also features you and it also features your sister the one that you also said was stupid, correct?
JM: Now with regard to this name calling, one of the things that we heard through a text message was that you were upset at somepoint because Mr. Alexander said that you were going to turn out like your mother, or you were acting like your mother, do you remember that text message, ma'am?
JM: And in that text message there was this indication that somehow he was saying something bad about your mother
JM: And when you testified, you seemed to get pretty upset about that, right?
JA: I remember getting emotional
JM: and you indicated that you loved your mother
JA: I do love my mother, yes
JM: did you or did you not indicate that you loved your mother, I'm not asking you if you love your mother, I'm asking you if you indicated it.
JA: I don't remember
JM: Do you have problems with your memory, ma'am
JA: Sometimes
JM: So you can tell us, for example what kind coffee you bought at Starbucks back on June 3, 2008 , but you can't tell us what you said yesterday or the day before
JA: I always have the same drink at Starbucks
JM: And you can tell us, for example, what type of sex you had with Mr. Alexander many years ago, but your having trouble telling us what you said a couple days ago
JA: when I'm under stress, yeah, it effects my memory
JM: I thought you said that your relationship with Mr. Alexander was very stressful
JA: some of the sex wasn't
JM: pardon
JA: some of the sex wasn't
JM: so you did enjoy the sex then , is that what you're telling me?
JA: at times I did.
JM: but you did indicate at some point that, as part of your examination also that, Mr. Alexander at some point said something about your grandparents also. Do you remember telling us that?
JA: my grandfather
JM: right, that he made some perjorative comment, or some bad comment about him, right?
JA: yes his name
JM: Right and one of the things that seems to be coming out here is that you have a double standard with regard to making comments about people, don't you
JA: yes I do
objection, overruled
JA: I do
JM: and in fact it's okay for you to make comments about, for example, Angela to call her dumb and stupid, right
JA: no,
JM: well you said it right
JA: I did
JM: and we heard on the telephone conversation that you were laughing when you said that, right?
JA: it was sentimental, kind of
JM: you were laughing, you weren't upset when you said it, were you?
JA: no
JM: and then when Mr. Alexander says something like you're going to be like your mother, that's when you get emotional and upset, right?
JM: and you get upset when he says something about your grandfather, right?
JA: that night I was upset
JM: well you did get upset, yes or no
JA: no because I already was upset
JM: Well, you didn't get upset on the witness stand when you told us about that?

JA: oh yeah on the witness stand, certainly

JM: and it's okay to say these things unless it's Mr. Alexander that's saying them, right? You're applying a different standard to Mr. Alexander, correct, yes or no?

Peeping
JM: ma'am one of the other things that we know regarding this standard applying, yesterday in fact
you told us back in August of 2007 you went to Mr. Alexander's house, do you remember telling us that?
JM: And do you remember telling as at that time, you were broken up with Mr. Alexander
JA: Yes I had broken up with him
JM: well you had broken up with him or he had broken up with you, one or the other, correct?
JA: I broke up with him about a month before
JM: and you broke up with him on June 29, 2007, but you felt that it was okay for you to go over to his house in August 2007 didn't you?
JA: after he told me to
JM: yes or no, did you feel it was okay to go over to his house?
JA: I said yes
JM: and when you went over to his house you indicated that you knocked or you did something and that nobody came to the door right?
JA: I went over to his house a lot of times in August so it depends on the incident your refering to
JM: Ma'am we're talking about the incident you told us about yesterday related to the killing do you not remember that
JA: I did not knock
JM: And you did go over there and at some point you started to peep in to the house, didn't you?
JM: so that means that you don't know if you knocked then, right?
JA: I did not knock I know I did not
JM: So you went around the back to look, right
JA: I went around the back to get in
JM: You went around the back then, right
JM: And when you went around the back, you're telling us you went around the back to get in, right
JM: but when you got to the back to get in, you started to look at what was going on, right?
JA: I glanced in as I was walking to the sliding glass door
JM: You did walk in and you looked at what was going on,right?
JA: I did not walk in
JM: then you were outside looking in'
you never went in, right
No I ran out of the backyard
You never went in, right, yes or no?
JA: I said no
JM: and when you looked you saw something that upset you, right
JM: you saw mr alexander,right
JA: I didn't know if it was him at first, but yes
JM: yes or no, did you see him during that encounter?
Objection she's answered the question, overruled, answer the question.
JA: I did, I said no
JA: I didn't know it was him at first
JM: You didn't see him when you were there that night?
JA: I did afterward, yes
JM: That night Ma'am, that night, did you see Mr. Alexander inside that house, yes or no
JM: and inside that house there was a female
JM: What's the name of that female?
JA: He didn't tell me her name
JM: Did I ask you if he told you the name?
JM: so did you recognize her
JA: no, I did not
JM: he was there with a female, you were able to see her face
JA: yes, sort of
JM: well yes and sort of means two different thing
JA: part of it was shadowed by the tv behind her
Judge, she's not answering my questions. Judge: answer only the question you are asked.
JA: Ok
JM: could you see her face, yes or no
JA: part of it
JM: But you were able to see that they were making out, right
JA: oh yeah they were
JM: So is that a yes, they were making out, right
JA: mmm hmm,
JM: is that a yes
JM: and part of what you also saw was that her brassiere was off
JA: I didn't see that I just saw her re-hook her bra
JA: I didn't see it all the way off
JM: You indicated that you saw her hooking the brassiere back on, right
JA: she was rehooking it
JM: so you did tell us that yesterday, right
JM: So that means that at least her bra was unhooked, right?
JA: it was unhooked
JM: So you stood there and they stood up in reaction to something that you did, is that what you're telling us
JM: they didn't see you,
JA: they didn't see me
JM: so what happened is that you were actually watching what they were doing?
JA: Briefly, yes
JM: did I ask you for how long, ma'am?
JM: I asked you if you stood there and watched them, right
JM: you didn't stand there and watch them
JA: no, I didn't stand there, I saw it and then I turned and ran out of the backyard.
JM: but you saw them enough to know they were kissing, right
JA: um, yes
JM: you used the term making out, didn't you yesterday
JM: You were there long enough to see that one of the individuals was Mr. Alexander not his roommate
JM: you were able to see there was a female, right
JM: you saw the bra was unhooked, right
JM: And the lights weren't on, right
JA: there was a light
JM: Well didn't you indicate it was like a TV kind of light
JA: that light
JM: Yes, so there was no light there was a television that was on
JA: that's light
JM: ma'am was it a light or was it a television that was on,
JA: it was light from a television screen
JM: So are you saying that it was a television that was on then
JM: and from that light you were able to make all this out, correct
JM: No other light was on
JA: Not that I recall
JM: And then you decided to leave
JM: And this was the point you were living very close to Mr. Alexander, right
JM: Well, you were living within 10 miles of him weren't you?
JA: I was living between greenfield and Broadway, I don't know the length
JM: How long would it take you to drive it
JA: About 15 minutes depending on traffic
JM: And after you saw this one of the things you did was that you took off, right
JM: And then you thought about it, right
JA: Of course
JM: And you felt strongly enough about this that the next day you called your father, right?
JA: I called my parents' house, my father answered
JM: Yes or no, you spoke to your father?
JA: I did speak to him
JM: And you were crying, right
JM: And you were upset about this, right
JM: And you told him why you were upset, right?
JM: I thought you said before that you didn't discuss these issues involving you and Mr. Alexander?
JA: not typically
JM: Not typically, you said you didn't yesterday and the days before, remember telling us that?
JA: the violence, yes
JM: Oh, I see. But you did discuss the fact that you saw him kissing with somebody else with your father, right?
JM: And as a result of that you decided to go talk to Mr. Alexander about it, right?
JM: What in the world gave you the right to go talk to an ex-boyfriend with whom, according to you, you'd broken up with. What right do you have to do that?
KN: objection, Judge, argumentative. Judge: Sustained
JM: Ma'am, you knew that you could go and talk to him about that?
JA: Of course
JM: Why, weren't you broken up?

JM: You were being territorial about him weren't you?
JM: oh you weren't, then why in the world would you even care what he was doing?
JA: Because he was trying to court me back
JM: That's you telling us that he was trying to court you back, if he was trying to court you back you could have walked away at that point, couldn't you?
JA: Yeah, I could have at any time, I guess
JM: Well, at that point you could have walked away, right?
JM: You didn't need him for his paycheck, right, cause he wasn't giving you money.
JA: He was giving me money
JM: Well that was for some work, but you could have gotten other work, right
JA: I guess I could have looked
JM: You guess? You worked at other places, you know you could have gotten other work, couldn't you?
JA: not in August it's a very slow season for restaurants
JM: So you're saying that you were restricted in only getting work at restaurants, that there's no other kind of work that you could get.
JA: Restaurants is
JM: Yes or no?
JA: I guess that would be no, but I hadn't thought about it.
JM: So thenin addition to that, you were living in your own place, right?
JM: Well, you were living with Mr. Alexander?
JM: You were living elsewhere, weren't you?
JM: You were living in another place, right
JM: Where you were paying rent, right?
JM: You weren't paying any rent at all?
JA: Not with Rachell
JM: So, in other words it was even better for you, you didn't have to worry about having to pay the rent then, right
JM: And so you could have just left that situation alone, yet you decided to confront him anyway, right?
JA: Of course.
JM: and the reason that you did it is because you were jealous, right?
JM: and you did talk to hinm about this issue, correct.
JM: And he got upset with you, right?
JM: he didn't get upset and scream and run upstairs isn't that what you told us yesterday?
JA: Yes, he did
JM: So, ma'am to go back to this issue involving the text messages, one of the things that you told us was that there was a text message you sent to somebody by the name of Steve, Steve Carroll, right?
JM: And that it was a two part text message, right?
JM: And this two part text message, one part ended up going to Mr. Alexander, right?
JM: And that he got upset about it right,
JA: very yes
JM: And after he got upset about it, one of the things he wanted was to see the second part of this text message, right?
JM: And so you lied to him at that point, right?
JM: Well, you fabricated a second text message didn't you?
JA: After that point, yes.
JM: So, are you telling me that fabricating a text message is not a lie?
JA: No, I'm not saying that
JM: So you did lie to him, Mr. Alexander, right?
KN: Objection, asked and answered.
Judge: Overruled
JA: Um, Yes and no
JM: so you think that sending him that text message and telling him this is the second part of the text message that that's not a lie even though you fabricated it?
JA: That part was the lie
JM: And so then you were asked the question How did that make you feel when Mr. Alexander was
sending these text messages involving Mr. Carrol? Do you remember that line of questioning?
JM: We're applying a different standard then, right?
KN: Objection, argumentative
Judge: Sustained
JM: With regard to this issue of how you feel, isn't that the same way you felt when you were peeping in hi window in August of 2007? Isn't that the same kind of feeling you were having?
JA: the same as what
JM: As the one involving Steve Carrol
JA: I don't know
JM: you were mad at Mr. Alexander both times
JA: I wasn't mad at Alexander
JM: You weren't mad at him, but you were upset with him.
JA: what time
JM: either time
JA: Steve Carroll no, the girl from phoenix, yes.
JM: And it just seems that it's okay for you to lie to him about a guy, but when it comes to him being with some other girl, you decide to confront him, right?
JM: And one of the other things that you told us yesterday, was that you were monogamous with Mr. Alexander, right?
JA: Sexually, monogamous, yes
JM: Ma'am, you told us you were monogamous and that's what monogamous means, sexual, doesn't it?
JA: I think it means more than that, sometimes.
JM: Well, in this case monogamous means sexual doesn't it?
KN: Objection,
Judge: restate the question
JM: When you say monogamous it means sexual, doesn't it?
JA: which time
JM: The time that we're talking about right now., involving Mr. Alexander, no other time.
JA: Our relationship evolved so
JM: I'm not asking you if it evolved, at the end, right when you killed him, you indicated that you were monogamous with him, right?
JM: And at that time, you then left the killing scene if you will and you went up to Utah, right?
JA: Yes.
JM: And when you went up to Utah, you ended up with someone named Ryan Burns, right?
JM: And you ended up in his bed, right?
JA: I think it was a love sac
JM: Ok, and with regard to that, at that point, according to you Mr. Alexander still wasn't dead, was he?
JA: wasn't discussed.
JM: Well did I ask you whether or not you discussed it with Mr. Burns? I didn't, did I?
JA: I wasn't talking about Mr. Burns.
JM: I'm asking you at that time, didn't you tell us yesterday at the time that you went up to Utah, you weren't sure if he was dead, do you remember telling us that?
JA: Not in Utah from the Hoover Dam or right before the checkpoint.
JM: So, when did you konw that he was dead, tell me that.
JA: I got confimation of it on June 10, but
JM: So, okay if you got confimation on June 10th you met with Mr. Burns before June. 10th didn't you?
JM: You met him on the 5th, right?
JM: so at that point, you didn't know , according to your own story, that Mr. Alexander was dead, right?
JA: I guess I knew, I didn't Iwasn't accepting it
JM: you either knew or you didn't, which one is it ma'am? Make up your mind please.
Judge: Ask another question.
JM: Did you know he was dead when you and Mr. Burns were kissing?
JA: Um, yeah I think
JM: You think you did or you weren't sure about it
JA: I wasn't really in my own mind, I was out of my mind, sorta.
JM: so if you didn't think he was dead, that portion of you didn't think he was dead, then it's okay for you at that point, if you didn't think he was dead to sort of roll around with Mr. Alexander, with Mr.Burns and that was okay, right?
JA: I'm single.
JM: Just like he was in August 8th in August of 2007
JM: So it's okay for you, then it should be okay for him, right?
JA: It was okay.
JM: Then why did you confront him the next day if it was okay?
JA: Cause he was still courting me, I wanted to know where I stood.
JM: And because of your definition of courting you, you felt you deserved an explanation, right?
JM: Hadn't you just had intercourse with Mr. Alexander on the 4th of June?
JM: And if he was still alive, he would have deserved an explanation then for you being with Mr. Burns, right?
JM: Well, I mean that's you're applying a different standard here, aren't you?
JM: You're saying that its okay for you to confront him about the situation, but not okay for Mr. Alexander to confront you, right?
JA: if he wanted to confront me, it would have been okay.

(24:15)
JM: Ma'am with regard to the exhibit number 452, it does show you, right, correct?
JM: and it shows Angela, correct
JM: It shows something else on there, doesn't it? Doesn't it show your hand?
JM: In fact let me show you another close-up of that hand.
KN: I'm gonna object
Judge: Please approach

(25:58)
JM: Exhibit 453 is a closeup of your hand, right?
JM: and you can also see the jewelry around your sister's neck?
JA: Yes, yes
JM: And you previously have told us about exhibit 452 and when it was taken and who's in that photograph, right.
JM: I move for the admission of exhibit 453.
KM: no objections

JM: And ma'am this was also taken, according to your testimony, on May 15, let's take a look at that, or 2008. That's a picture of your left hand, isn't it?
JM: and it shows your ring finger right?
JM: Do you remember that on January 22nd of 2008 you and Mr. Alexander were involved in some sort of violent encounter. Do you remember telling us about that?
JM: And you told us that during that encounter, he threw you down. Do you remember that?
JM: And while you were down that he kicked you, right?
JM: And when he kicked you, ma'am one of the things that happened is that you put up your left hand, do you remember telling us that?
JA: Yeah, both hends.
JM: Well, you told us specifically about your left hand, right?
JM: And when you went to put up your left hand, according to you, he kicked you and he damaged the ring finger on your left hand, correct?
JM: and in fact you even held it up for us, didn't you?
JM: And it was crooked when you showed it to us, wasn't it?
JA: It's bent
JM: It's bent
JM: Show us how bent it is again ma'am.
(Jodie hold up hand 27:46)
JM: Higher, so we can see it sideways. Ma'am if he caused that damage on January 22, 2008 that would have been before this picture we have here which is exhibit number 453 it would have been about, 5 months before that?
JA: It was before that
JM: Five months, right?
JA: 4
JM: Four months, then, right?
JM: You don't have a bent finger here in exhibit 453, do you?
JA: My finger is bent there.
JM: You're saying that your finger is bent there?
JA: Yes, just the
Hold u your finger again.
When my finger is straightened
Hold up your finger again. Sideways so we can also see it.
JA: When my fingers are straightened this one stick up
JM: That's what it looks like, your finger, and your saying that happened on January 22nd 2008, right?
JM: Ma'am one of the other things involving this particular finger, it seems to have had it's run, if you will, of bad things happen to it, right?
JA: This finger?
JM: Yes, the left ring finger
JA: I don't know
JM: Well, you talked to Ryan Burns about it, didn't you
JM: and you told him that that finger, the left ring finger had been damaged, injured, didn't you?
JA: I don't know if it was the left.
JM: You don't remember telling him it was the left ring finger?

(29:12)
JM: Again, do you have a problem with your memory?
JA: Occasionaly
JM: And so some of the things that you've told us about other things in the past, you may have also had problems with your memory then, right?
JM: And so whatever you told us in the past, is somewhat suspect then, because your memory may be lacking.
JA: I only told things that I remember clearly, that are crystallized in my mind.
JM: With regard to Mr. Burns, you do remember who he was, right?
JM: and you do remember that you went over to West Jordan to meet him, right?
JM: And you do remember that you did meet him that Thursday and it was sometime around 11:00 in the morning?
JA: I think so yeah
JM: And when you met him you decided to go somewhere to a restaurant for a business meeting, right?
JM: And during that time didn't you have a bandage on your finger?
JM: And it was your left finger wasn't it?
JM: It was your right finger then, right. Is that what you're saying, it was your right finger?
JA: It was two right fingers
JM: So it was your right finger then, right? Ma'am, are you sure that it was your right finger?
JA: It was two,
JM: Pardon?
JA: two right fingers.
(30:30)

JM: Do you remember then that you had a conversation with Det. Flores about this issue regarding your finger?
JM: And do you remember that that was on July 16th of 2008?
JM: and then you remember that you told him that on June 4th you had been over at Mr. Alexander's home, right?
JM: and you told him that you were over at Mr. Alexander's home and some a guy and a girl had come in, right?
JM: And that whatever happened on June 4th, you told Det. Flores that it was your left finger that had been damaged. Do you remember that?
JM: So you did tell that to the detective that it happened on June 4th, right?
JM: Does that then refresh your recollection in any way so that we know what we're talking about
[Sidebar, close-up of Jodi's finger still on the screen]

(Orange jumpsuit Interrogation video “My finger isn't the same........ I'm pretty sure she scratches me a lot”)
(37:54)

JM: That tape, that videotape, right
JM: And that's you having a conversation discussing the left ring-finger, right?
JM: and you demonstrated to Det. Flores that left ring-finger, right?
JM: and you told him that this woman during this attack on June 4, 2008 cut you right there, didn't you?
JM: And you showed him and the finger, if we look at it there, had the same aspect, or the same angle to it that your finger does now, doesn't it?
JM: Ma'am the injury to your finger happened on June 4th, 2008 not January 22nd, 2008, didn't it?
JA: That's not correct.

JM: Ma'am with regard to the story involving this particular issue you told us that it happened on January 22nd of 2008, right?
JA: Which issue?
JM: The left ring-finger
JM: You then discussed it, there was this issue with Ryan Burns, right?
JA: which issue?
JM: The cut finger
JA: The cut finger, yes. Two fingers
JM: And then Junly 16th of 2008 you discussed it with Det. Flores, right?
JM: One of the things you told Mr. Burns was that you cut it at Margaritaville while you were working there, right?
JA: No, I did not say that
JM: You never told him that?
JA: I said at work.
JM: So you never told him Margaritaville
JA: no he said that
JM: right but you never told him that you cut it at Margaritaville, right ?
JM: you told him you cut it at work, right ?
JM: and then when you spoke to Detective Flores, you gave him a different story. You didn't say that you cut it at work you told him that it was cut some other way, right?
JM: And then you testified about it in this court, right?
JM: and you gave us another story about how this happened, right?
JM: Well, do you remember that you testified you were at Mr. Alexander's home on June 4, 2008 at the sink, do you remember telling us that?
JM: and do you remember telling us that you dropped a glass in Mr. Alexander's house?
JA: June 4th
JM: Whatever date you were there at Mr. Alexander's house
JA: I broke more than one glass at his house.
JM: Ma'am to you remember testifying yesterday about how how you suffered this injury to your finger, yes or no?
JA: Not this finger
JM: No, do you remember testifying that, involving you finger, your left ring-finger in fact, that that was cut when you dropped a glass when you were at Mr. Alexander's house on the day that you killed him?
JA: I did not indicate my left finger, I said finger
JM: So you're saying it was your right finger that you cut at Mr. Alexander's house, right?
JA: It was my right finger, yes
JM: So throughout this whole thing,, Mr. Burns, when he indicated what finger it was, he was mistaken, well not he was mistaken, you're saying that you never told Mr. Burns that it was the right finger that you cut, right?
JA: We didn't discuss which hand.
JM: OK, so you never indicated to him in any way, shape, or form that it was the right finger?
KN: Objection

(41:35) JOURNAL
JM: and this issue of the 22nd of January 22nd, when you injured, when you say that you were injured. You kept a journal, didn't you? You kept a journal didn't you?
JA: Yes, I did
JM: And you didn't write in it all the time, but you wrote in it some of the time, right?
JA: Frequently, yes
JM: Frequently. And you were writing about what was going on in your life back in January of 2008, right?
JM: And you were writing about things that were significant to you, right?
JA: Some things
JM: Right, and in fact with regard to this particular journal, you knew that you could almost right anything you wanted in it because it was going to stay private, right?
JA: NO
JM: Well, ma'am let me show you what is marked as an exhibit..

(43:35)
JM: I'm showing you exhibit 242.001. Recognize it?
JA: Yes I do
JM: And that's your journal, right
JA: Sure is
JM: Let me have that, back. Take a look at the entry, just read it to yourself, on Sunday, August 26 of 07.
JA: The whole entry?
JM: Just read the first five lines, six lines.
JM: You wrote that, write?
JM: Take a look at exhibit number 455. Is this a true and accurate copy of those lines, fivor or six lines?
JM: You wrote that back on August 26, of '07, right
JM: Let me have that back please. Move for the admission of exhibit 455.
At sidebar

(51:31)
Judge: 455 is admitted
JM: take a look at this entry from August 26, 2007 and when you're done reading it let us know
(Jodi thoroughly reading journal)
(53:44)
JA: Just this one entry
JM: Yes, just that one entry of August 26, 2007. I know you have two entries, but the first entry is the one we're talking about.
JA: Yeah it looks like I have three on that day.
JM: Have you read the first entry that involves this particular snipper?
JM: Thank you
KN: Objection...before she answeres questions.
JM: This journal, and your journals, were meant to be private, right?
JM: And that's what it says there: Well I guess it's a good thing that nobody else read this because I write right now that I love TVA so completely that I don't know anyway else to be. Correct, that's what it says?
JM: Do you remember when we started talking this morning that we talked about an incident where you went over to his house?
JM: and this was the incident that you referenced involving the killing, right. That it went through your head.
JA: Umm, are you talking about the incident in August 2007?
JM: Right, exactly.
JM: That incident in August 2007 where you went over and peeped inside o his house happened before this entry here of Sunday Aug 26, 2007.
KN: Objection,... her testimony by saying peep
Judge: what was the last thing you said
KN: by saying peep
Judge: Restate your question
JM: When you looked inside the house?
JA: yes it did happen before this entry
JM: and so really the reason why you confronted Mr. Alexander was not because he owed you an explanation or anything like that. The reason you confroted him back in August of 2007 was because you were in love with him and you didn't want to let him go.
JA: that not right..but I was in love with him.
JM: yes, you did right this didn't you
JM: Now, you kept more than one journal. You kept another one, right
JA: Umm, I kept one journal at a time.
JM: Let's take a look at another journal.
At sidebar

(58:10)
JM: Ma'am, take a look at exhibit 242.002. You recognize it,right?
JM: Why don't you open it up and look through it. (she looks) That's your writing throughout that whole journal, right?
JM: If I I could have that back. There is an entry for Thursday, January 24th, 2008, right?
JM: Why don't you just take a look at it. See that?
JM: Let me mark another exhibit for you. Take a look at exhibit 456. And with the exhibit that you have in front of you, that's the whole entry for January 24th, 2008, correct?
JA: Um, I believe it is for the single one, yes
JM: There are other entries but that is the complete entry for that one, correct?
JM: because it's written in blue ink
JM: and the others are written in black ink.
JA: yes, the one following.
JM: I move for the admission of exhibit number 456.
KN: can we approach?
Judge: Yes
(1:02:54)
JM: Ma'am we're gonna take a look at exhibit number 242.02 we talked about the entry of January 24th of 2009. Take a look at this journal and isn't true that the previous in terms of chronological time, that the prevoious entry is on January 20th of 2008, right?
JM: So there's a gap of four days between the time you wrote on January 20th and on January 24th 2008, right?
JM: Nothing in between, correct?
JA: Not in the journal
JM: I'm asking about the journal, ma'am.
JA: That's correct.
JM: Is there anything else in front of you?
KN: Asked and answered, your honor and argumentative
JM: In the journal ma'am there are no other entries between January 20th of 2008 and January 24th of 2008, right?
JM: If we then take a look at exhibit 456 let's see what you wrote on Thursday, January 24th of 2008.
You wrote: “I haven't written because there has been nothing noteworthy to report.” correct?
(also on the exhibit: I turned down 4 offers for a date this Saturday Friday night 4 separate events. That's mildly amusing. Instead I'm going to a dinner at Brother Porter's house. It's for a new ward members. I'm tempted to skip out)
JM: Didn't you tell aus involving the finger that this injury to your left finger when Mr. Alexander went to kick that that happened on January 22nd of 2008?
JA Yes, it did.
JM: Yet you write here that nothing noteworthy has happened, right?
JM: And then you also write you turned down 4 offers for a date on Friday night, right?
JM: You were free to date, so was he, right?
JM: And then you finish it out by talking about going up to the snow, right? See that?
JM: You're gonna gp up there skiing. you crossed it out and your just going up to the snow? Right?
JM: did you go skiing?
JA: No, I don't ski.
JA: No, I don't ski, I didn't go.
(1:05:25) [1/20/2008]
JM: The entry of January 20th, 2008 (take a look at exhibit number 242.02) Count the pages please.
JA: The pages between the two
JM: No, just your entry of Sunday January 20th 2008, do you want me to show you where it is
JA: I have it. Um it's 4 and a few lines
JM: And it starts on the lower left hand corner with threee lines on a seperate page indicating January 20, of 2008, right?
JA: Yes. And I'm sorry, I misspoke, it's 5 pages and a few lines
JM: And in it one of the things that you talk about is this issue involving Lonnie's baptism, right?
JA: I haven't read it, can I read it?
JM: Sure, go ahead
(1:10:13)
JM: It does talk about Lonnie's baptism, right?
JM: And, previously, when you testified you indicated that the reason that you missed Lonnie's baptism was because you and Mr. Alexander were involved in a sexual liason, right?
JM: And this was a sexual liason where the pop rocks and the tootsie pops were involved, right? That's what you said, right?
JA: I'd have to reference dates
JM: Well then let me show you a transcript then to refresh your recollection of what you told us on February 12.
JA: I would appreciate that.
JM: alright, I will
(while waiting Jodi flips to other places in the diary and reads)
JM: Starting on page five, on the bottom, read that.
JA: Would you like me to read it outloud?
JM: To yourself
JA: Just the highlighted portion?
JM: Nope, just keep reading it
JA: Starting at the bottom?
JM: Right.

(reading)
Sidebar
JM: Have you read the entire transcript that deals with the sexual encounter involving the pop rocks and tootsie pops
JA: Yes, I started where you highlighted and finished it.
JM: Well read it above it, does it have anything to do with the tootsie pops and the rock pops?
JA: (reading again)OK
JM: Does the upper portion have anything to do with it, or no
JM: Well read the other part to make sure we've covered everything regarding that particular encounter.
JA: (reading, reading, reading slowly)
Objection your honor...the entire transcript, can't hear judge
JA: There's nothing about the pop rocks on this page.
JM: There is nothing before that, correct?
KN: Judge, I'm going to object to the questions until she's read the entire transcript, I don't believe she has at this point
Judge: read the entire transcript.
JA: I've read the entire transcript
JM: Irrespective of the date that we're talking about, whether it was January 20 or January 21 or January 22, you do reference the pop rocks and tootsie pops sexual incident, by reference to Lonnie's baptism, right?
JA: Yes (opens and looks in journal)
JM: The journal entry of January 20, 2008 also references Lonnie's baptism, doesn't it? Take a look at exhibit 458.
JA: (reading)Yes
JM: And that's a true and accurate copy in front of you, the excerpt, of what's in your journal referencing Lonnie's baptism and the sexual encounter, isn't it.
JA: Yeah, let me make sure I'm refering to the same day in my journal
JM: Well let's take a look and make sure. Let me have that. (takes excerpt and journal). The first entry is identical on the first page that indicates Sunday, January 20, 2008.
JA: Yes, That's when I wrote the entry
JM: Then has we continue on, there is the entry involving the baptism, right? Do you see that? The start, that that entry is there involving Lonnie's baptism?
JA: Yes, I just don't know if I'm referencing the 20th in that part of the entry.
JM: Ma'am is there any other intervening date between the January 20th of 2008 where we started and the very end where you put J.A? Is there any other date in it?
JA: the, the, I
JM: Yes or no
JA: There might be
JM: Well, why don't we take a look. Let's take a look at the first page. The first page starts Sunday, January 20, 2008, doesn't it?
JA: When I wrote it, yes
JM: Does it start out saying Sunday January 20, 2008, yes or no?
JM: And isn't it true that it starts out in black ink, right?
JM: and then it continues on in blue ink, right?
JM: and it flows, doesn't it? The words flow from what's at the bottom there to the next page, don't they?
JM: So then we go to the bottom of it, the next page is also in blue ink, right?
JM: In the next page there is no other date reference, is there?
KN: Objection, she said she needs to review it before she can answer
JM: She's looking at it
Judge: overruled, ma'am you can look at it
JA: Thank you (turns the page)
JM: No, no ma'am, don't turn the page. I just want to reference the next page to see if you see a date.
KN: Objection your honor, she's reviewing.
Judge: that's not the question, overruled
JA: I didn't write a date
JM: No, there is no date on there, is there?
JM: Ok, Let's turn the page, and that page is also in blue ink, right?
JM: And there is no date on that next page, is there?
JA: That's correct
JM: Then let's look at the page following that. That page, where you have your left hand on, that's also in blue ink.no,no,no you turned the page, go back. That's also in blue ink, correct?
JM: and there is no date on there either, is there?
JA: that's correct
JM: Turn the page. And then, on the next page that's also in blue ink, correct?
JM: And there's no date on that, is there?
JA: That is correct.
JM: And the page after that contains the initials J.A., right?
JM: That's for Jodi Arias, isn't it?
JM: And that's also in blue ink
JM: And there's no date that, is there?
JA: There is not.
JM: And if you turn the page, go ahead, there's an entry for January 24, 2008, right?
JM: We can then go back. Turn the page once, we're looking at the entry that says J.A. on it, right?
JM: We go to the previous page, the one that you're pointing to, it does start, if I may have it back, with a word that's in quotations, right?
JM: Exhibit number 458 includes that particular portion of the entry in quotations, right?
JM: then if we go to the previous page, at the bottom of the page, it's also in blue ink, right?
JM: the entry that I'm showing you now, includes that last paragraph, right?
JA: Second to last
JM: second to last paragraph, well if you take a look at the bottom you see that there's a word that's
JA: Oh, I apologize, you're correct.
JM: So in essence what we're talking about with the word thats crossed out and travels on to the next page, and that's what's included in this entry, correct in exhibit 458, correct?
JM: along with the first page that includes the date
JM: and the entry or exhibit 458 references Lonnie's baptism, right?
JM: Move for the admission of exhibit 416.
KN: Your honor we will need additional time (paraphrased)

Afternoon Part 1
Exhibit 458 is admitted
JM: Ma'am when we left off we were talking the issue involving the Tootsie Pops and Pop Rocks and that that has a reference involving somebody named Lonnie and their baptism, correct?
JM: Regardless of whether is happened on Sunday or Thursday that's the same incident because you missed Lonnie's baptism, right?
JM: Exhibit 458 is the entry for Sunday, January 20, 2008, do you see that?
JM: (Entry on screen) And it starts out well I'm at the Institute building at Johnson and Southern with sister missionaries, rigt?
JM: and there are some two blank pages and a third page that begins: (entry on screen) “so I went to the church building and met with the sisters and gave them a ride to the institute building, where I am now.” Correct?
JM: That's part of the same entry for that January 20th 2008 date, right?
JM: There are no, in that whole body of that particular entry, there are no other dates mentioned, correct?
JA: there's another day referenced, but not a date
JM: I'm asking dates, aren't I?
JA: It's implied, it is referenced.
JM: No, I'm asking dates, do you see anywhere in those 5 or 6 pages another date?
JM: Show me where there is another D A T E date on 242.002
JA: I'm counting this as a date where it says Thursday
JM: It says Thursday night, though doesn't it?
JM: it doesn't say a date, does it?
JM: we're getting to it where it says Thursday that's in the lower right hand corner of this exhibit number 458, correct?
JA: that is correct
JM: And your testimony involving pop rocks, exhibit number 457 does indicate that you thought it was a Thursday.
JM: You indicated previously that you were having trouble remembering it. Did this exhibit refresh your recollection?
JM: and so your indicating sitting next to Sister Knight (who's totally trying to read this!) and Lonnie, who was just confirmed today, right?
JM: And that's the Lonnie we are talking about, right?
JM: He was baptized Thursday night, which is the date that is referenced in your previous testimony, right?
JA: Right
JM: Shame on me, I was “wrapped up” in other activities that pulled me away from attending the baptism. And the reason that's in quotes is because you're trying to get across something else other than being wrapped up, right?
JM: You're trying to get across that this involved a liason, or sexual liason with Travis Alexander, right?
JM: You said namely work, but then getting prepped to go to Travis' house for the night, where we explored every naughty fantasy we could conjure up in our fruitful immaginations (sic) that we haven't already fulfilled with one another. I love him, I really do. Right?
JM and the fantasy that you guys, that you're talking about, involved the Tootsie Pops and Pop Rocks, correct?
JA: part of it did, yes
JM: Part of it, well, ma'am this transcript that we talked about only talks about tootsie pops and pop rocks, doesn't it?
JA: No, it mentions bubble bath
JM: It mentions what?
JA: The bubbles
JM: And the bubble bath is part of the Tootside Pops and Pop Rocks.
JA: They were seperate the same night
JM: Same night, same, is that how this reads, ma'am, the transcript is that how it reads?
JA: I don't know if it reads that way but that's what it says
JM: Well then take a look at 459 which is partial transcript and see if that's how it reads that it's different
JA: different how?
JM: Well, the way you were trying to tell me it was different, that it features a different sequence of events
(6:34)
JA: yes, it references two different sequences
JM: Which two different
JA: events
JM: Are you talking about the issue involving the bathtub?
JM: Isn't that part of the Tootsie Pops and Pop Rocks, engagement, if you will?
JA: not in the bathtub
JM: it didn't happen on the same day, ma'am?
JA: same day, yes
JM: same encounter?
JA: mmm, yes, I guess.
JM: Well no I'm saying, did he ejaculate twice that night?
JM: so are you saying that when you were involved in the bathtub that was hours later than the tootside pops and pop rocks. Is that what you're saying?
JM: It was part of the same encounter, wasn't it?
JA: Yes, I guess
JM: Well, you keep saying I guess, you were there, though, right?
JA: Yeah, I was there?
JM: And you were enjoying it weren't you?
JM: And you enjoyed the tootsie pops and the pop rocks, correct?
JA: I enjoyed his attention.
JM: No, I want to know if you enjoyed the Tootsie Pops and the Pop Rocks. I'm not asking about his attention.
JA: I can't say enjoy would be the right word
JM: Well, what you're saying is when you talk about the Tootsie Pops and the Pop rocks, you're saying you didn't enjoy it, did not enjoy it, correct?
JA: I'm not saying that either
JM: Well there can't be a middle ground, you either enjoyed it or you didn't, right?
JA: That's not correct
JM: Oh so you can go, In your view, you can go through an act but not enjoy it, but also enjoy it. What are you trying to say?
JA: Am I allowed to tell you what I'm trying to say
JM: I want to know whether or not you enjoyed it
JA: I wouldn't characterized it that way
JM: so you're saying you did not enjoy it, just want to clarify
JA : If you're speaking only in the context of the tootsie and the pop rocks
JM: and the pop rocks sure
JA: I wouldn't call it enjoyed.
JM: You would not say you enjoyed it, right?
JA: I would not say enjoy
JM: If you then take a look at exhibit number 458 which references that encounter involving Lonnie, right
JA: um, Lonnie, no, you mean
JM: It didn't involve the batism involving Lonnie?
JA: I don't understand your question
JM: Well then let's just take a look at it, okay? Irrespective of the date, you referenced it as Lonnie's baptism. Just for point of reference. Remember we talked about that, right?
JA: That's right
JM: During this encounter that we've been calling Lonnie's baptism there were some Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops that were involved, right?
JA: No, Lonnie's baptism did not involve Tootsie Rolls and Pop Rocks
JM: Ma'am we both know what we're talking about, this journal references Lonnie's baptism, doesn't it?
JM: And you missed Lonnie's baptism, right?
JM: and the reason you missed Lonnie's baptism is because you were having a Tootsie Pop placed somewhere, right?
JA: Yes, that's one of the reasons.
JM: And this exhibit here, exhibit number 458 does say that you explored every naughty fantasy that we could conjure up in our fruitful imaginations that we haven't already fulfilled with one another, right?
JM: this doesn't say that you didn't enjoy it, does it?
JM: I does say you did enjoy it, doesn't it?
JA: I don't see the word enjoy in there
JM: No, Did I say the word enjoy was in there?
JA: Yes, you said it said I enjoyed it
JM: Did I say enjoy was in there? It says you explored every naughty fantasy we could conjure up in our fruitful imaginations. You're saying that having a fruitful imagination, that's not enjoyment is what you're saying, right?
JA: I'm not saying that.
JM: And you're saying that every naughty fantasy, that's a bad thing, right, that's what you're saying.
JA: I'm not saying that.
JM: well the pop rocks were part of this naughty fantasy, weren't they?
JA: Part of it yes.
JM: and it was part of fulfilling your imaginations, right?
JA: his imagination, yes.
JM: Oh, so it was, even though you wrote it, he didn't write this did he?
JA: I wrote it
JM: That's right and those are your words, right?
JM: and so even though you say haven't already filled with one another, these fruitful imaginations and all of that stuff, well that doesn't really mean what it says.
JA: I'm not saying that
JM: Well it doesn't distinguish between Pop Rocks and it doesn't distinguish between Tootsie Pops, does it?
JA: No it doesn't.
JM: And yet, you're saying here, they are different, right?
JA: Umm, no that's not what I'm saying
JM: What you're saying goes against what's written there, doesn't it.
JA: No, it does not go against it.
JM: Where? Show me here, point it out where it says I did not enjoy the Tootsie Pop encounter. Does it say that anywhere?
JA: I did not write anything like that in my journal.
JM: It doesn't say anything like that does it?
JA: That's correct
JM: And it does not say anywhere there that you did not enjoy the pop rocks encounter, does it?
JA: that's right
JM: Nothing prevented you from writing that in there, right?
JM: You could have written anything that you wanted. It's not like you didn't have pens, right?
JA: yeah, that's right
JM: And you had enough space to write it because we know there's an entry after that, right?
JA Yes.
JM: And, It's a situation where you considered this to be a secret kind of thing so that if you wrote whatever you wanted there, you had a reasonable expectation that it would remain private, right?
JA: Reasonable.
JM: Which means you had an expecation that it would remain private, right?
JA: More a hope.
JM: Well, you were living with another individual, I think you said Rachel, correct?
JA: Not at this date
JM: okay where were you living?
JA: I was living at 9634 East ? Avenue in Mesa
JM: Is that an apartment, or were you renting a room?
JA: I was renting a room.
JM: And in that room that you rented you kept this journal, right?
JM: So noone really had any authority to go into your room, right?
JA: That's not right
JM: Well, are you saying that people in that house went through your journal, is that what you're saying?
JM: so you did have an expectation that your journal would remain private then, right?
JA: While it was at home yes.
JM: So, you're saying that someone broke in and looked at your journal? Is that what you're saying?
JA: No, because that would be at home.
JM: Well, you kept your journal at home didn't you?
JA: I took it everywhere with me
JM: So what you're saying if that if you went somewhere that it could have fallen into the wrong hands, is that what you're talking about?
JM: You never reported to the police that your journal ever went, anybody ever looked at your journal, correct?
JA: I don't think it is a crime so no I didn't
JM: well, ma'am Did I ask you if it was a crime?
JA: No, you didn't
JM: Are you a lawyer? Do you know what I crime is and what isn't?
JA: I think I have a pretty good idea, but I'm not an attorney
JM: And so if someboyd broke into your house and read your journal you say nah, you wouldn't report it because you wouldn't think that was a crime, right?
JA: That's right, not the breaking and entering part just the reading the journal part.
JM: Oh, so now you're drawing a distinction. Isn't this where this journal was kept most of the time, with you in your home?
JA: No, I misunderstood what you said
Judge: overruled
JA: Um, my understanding was that you were talking about if someone was looking in my journal if I would have reported that and no I would not have reported someone reading my journal to the police.

(14:29)
JM: Part of this encounter involving the Tootsie Pops, also involved braids, correct?
JM: You have a definite opinion on the braids, don't you?
JA: umm, yes I have an opinion
JM: You think they're hot, don't you?
JA: Um, I guess.
JM: Well, no, you're the person that knows. We don't want you to guess. You think that the braids are hot, don't you?
JA: I think cute is more appropriate
JM: Ma'am, let's take a listen then, I'll have this marked as an exhibit, to part of the conversation that you had with Mr. Alexander back on May 10, 2010. I'll mark it, have you listen to it and you let us know if it's your voice talking about the braids. This is exhibit 460.
KN: Judge has this been admitted?
JM: It has not she's going to lay the foundation for it
KN: Then the jury can't hear it
Tape-recorded: (you know what I really liked when we were in the bath with the candles and I had braids and the bubbles)
Judge: There's an objection
(Tape-recorded Travis: Oh I love the braids. JA: I know, those are hot).
JM turned off the tape.
Sidebar
Same snippet plays again.
JM: That was your voice, right?
JM: And you're talking about braids, right?
JM: Talking about how much you like them, right?
JM: And you're saying that they're hot, right? And this encounter involving the pop rocks and tootsie pops also involved braids, right?
JM: So, you enjoyed those braids, right?
JA: I don't... it's not a yes or no answer.
JM: Well we did hear you saying that you enjoyed them, right? Do you want to hear it again?
JM: you did hear that, right?
JA: I said I liked them.
JM: When you say that you liked them, isn't it true that that means that's something that's enjoyable
JM: And you also said they were hot, right?
JM: So during your sexual encounters with Mr. Alexander, if you wore braids, you thought they were hot and you liked them, right?
JA: I liked his attention
KN: Objection to that last question he asked both hot and liked them.
Judge: Restate the question
JM: When you were with Mr. Alexander, isn't it true you wore braids, you liked them, liked them?
JM: And with regard to the braids isn't it true that when you were with Mr. Alexander, you thought the braids were hot?
JA: Okay
JM: Oh no, I'm not asking for an okay, I'm asking for you to tell me the truth. What is it that you believe?
JA: I believe that he thought it was hot, so it was hot.
JM: So what you're saying here is with regard to exhibit number 460 and that telephone call that was played during your direct examination. You're saying you lied?
JA: No.
JM: Well, let's do you want to listen here where you say that they're hot?
JA: I just heard it.
JM: Right, it doesn't say anything about you doing this for Mr. Alexander anywhere does it?
JA: No, that's implied.
JM: It's implied, let's listen to it and see where it's implied.
Replay tape-recording (you know what I really liked when we were in the bath with candles and I had the braids? TA: mm hmm JA and the bubbles? TA: oh, I love the braids JA: I know they're hot).
JM: That's your voice, right?
JA: Yes and Travis's
JM: Did I ask you about Travis's voice, Ma'am?
JA: I didn't know which voice you were talking about
JM: Did I ask you if that was Travis's voice?
JM: we're talking about your voice, that was your voice right?
JM: And you do say those braids are hot, right?
JM: and you said it because you believed it, right?

(21:20) More Journal January 22, 2008
JM: These two entries that we have here, these journal entries. Exhibit number 456 you start them out by dating them at the upper left-hand corner of that one which is exhibit number 456. And 458ou also dated on the upper left-hand corner, or the left-hand corner you see that?
JM: And you've already told us that there were no dates in between the Sunday 1/20/08 and the Thursday 1/24/08, correct?
JA Correct.
JM: And you looked at the journal, there are no entries between those to dates, right?
JA: that is correct
JM: And it's fair to say that September 22, 2008 falls in between this gap here, correct?
JA: Correct
JM: and nowhere do you mention either in this January 24th of '08 and January 20th of 08 document you don't mention anything about this physical encounter with Mr. Alexander that you told us happened on January 22nd 2008, do you?
JA: No I would have never
JM: I'm not asking you if you would ever, Do you mention it there?
JA: I said no
JM: and with regard to mentioning there, nothing stopped you from mentioning it, right?
JA: yes something did stop me
JM: So you're saying that someone held your hand and stopped you from writing that?
JM: are you saying that someone came into your house and stole your journals and said you know and took whatever was the journal there took the journal, so you couldn't write in it.
JM: You had the ability to write in it, right
JM: You had the free will to write in it, didn't you?
JM: and there is nothing there, correct?
JA: Referencing that incident?
JM: Pardon
JA: do you mean referencing that incident?
JM: I can't hear what you're saying?
JA: do you mean referencing that incident, there's nothing there regarding that?
JM: Right, there's nothing referencing that incident between those two dates, is there?
JA: There is not
JM: The reason that it's not there is because it didn't happen, right?
JA: that's not right.
JM: You could have written it, you do say in exhibit number 456, I haven't written because there has been nothing noteworthy to report, right?
JM: so to you getting this injury to the left ring-finger, that's no big deal, right?
JA: that's not what it says
JA: That's not what it says
JM: I'm not asking you what is says, I'm asking you what you think. It's no big deal to you then, right?
JA: That's not right
JM: well you came in and told us about it, right. But it's not written in your journal, right?
JM: you didn't call the police, right?
JM: you didn't get any medical care for it
JA: not professional medical care
JM: did you go to a doctor to get it looked at?
JM: Did you go to a hospital to get it looked at?
JM: Did you go to a friends house, or an acquaintance to tell them about it?
JA: Definitely not
JM: And during this conversation you had with Det. Flores back on July 16 of 2008 you didn't tell him anything about it, did you?
JA: No, definitely not.
JM: In fact you gave him a different story, didn't you
JM: You told him something about those two people and how you got that injury to that finger, right?
JM: So you're saying that what you told the detective there was a lie?
JM: So in your view do you, when do you decide to tell the truth? When you're in this court and no place else is that what I'm hearing from you?
JM: Just because you're in this court doesn't mean you have to tell the truth, I mean that's what your telling us, right?
JA: That's not what I'm telling anyone
JM: Ma'am nothing has stoped you from telling this story ever, correct?
JA: That's not correct
JM: You have freewill don't you?
JA: Yes I do
JM: Nothing the detective did stopped you from telling it, right?
JA: Flores, no
JM: Nothing stopped you, you had a car back then, didn't you?
JA: when?
JM: when this supposedly happened Jan 22nd of '08.
JM: You could have driven yourself to a hospital, right?
JM: You could have, do you remember telling us about an incident in August 2007 where you caught Mr. Alexander kissing another girl, right?
JM: And you told us that with regard to that incident I called my father, right?
JM: And you told him some things about what you have seen the day before, right?
JM: Nothing would have stopped you from calling your father to tell him that, right?
JA: Well, sorry I'm kind of hyper literal sometimes. Nothing did that day.
JM: Yes or no would anything have stopped you from calling your father?
KN: Objection, asked and answered
JA: Umm, maybe, but
JM: well ma'am you didn't have any problem calling in August of 2007 and complaining, did you?
JA: I did have a problem, he had to convince me to tell him.
JM: well you called him and told him, right?
JA: eventually, yes I did
JM: You called him and you told him, right?
JM: you could have called him and said, hey I've got this problem with my finger, you had a telephone then, right?
JA: I didn't have a problem with my finger then.
JM: Well, I thought that you told us and testified that on January 22nd 2008 was when you had this finger injured by Mr. Alexander. Do you remember telling us that?
JA: Yes, January yes
JM: And so January 22nd of 2008 or anytime after, you had a telephone, right?
JM: You could have called your father and you could have told him, right?
JA: Could have
JM: But you didn't
JA: I wouldn't have, no I did not.
JM: And noone knew about this injury or this supposed or claimed injury to the little finger until after you killed Mr. Alexander, right?

(27:47)
JM: Ma'am, that was a significant day, January 22nd of 2008, correct?
JM: It was significant for a number of reasons, including the fact that you claim that on January 21 of 2008 you caught Mr. Alexander masturbating to some images of boys, correct?
JA: I only saw one image, it was a blur.
JM: Ma'am didn't you say there were images, there were more than one?
JA: There were more than one image, I only caught a clear view of one image
JM: Was there more than one image ma'am?
JM: but you only saw one, right?
JA: One clear,
JM: According to you
JA: mm hmm
JM: is that a yes
JM: And that was the day before this supposed thing happened on where he had this violent issue with you on January 22, 2008, correct?
JM: And if we go again to that entry in here of 456 “I haven't written because there has been nothing noteworthy to report” That's what you wrote, correct?
JA: Corret
JM: the way you explain it to us here, this issue involving, this claim involving Mr. Alexander, that's pretty noteworthy isn't it?
JA: Not for my journal, but, yes, in reality I guess it's pretty noteworthy..
JM: It's noteworthy isn't it?
JA: it is today
JM: It's noteworthy to you, isn't it?
JA: I already answered your question
JM: And is the answer yes or no
JM: And it's so noteworthy to you that you waited until after you killed Mr. Alexander to tell anybody about it, didn't you?
JA: I waited years
JM: The answer is did you wait until after this prosecution had been started, until after you had been charged to tell anybody about it correct?
JA: Yes, I wated years
JM: And ma'am one of the things you made it sound like he had a problem, right?
JA: He did have a problem
JM: That's what you claim, right?
JA: That's the reality
JM: That's what you claim, correct
JA: Okay, yes
JM: When back then, there was this problem, did you call, the way you made it sound it was such a big problem, did you call, for example, child protective services?
JM: I mean you made it sound that there was such a big problem that if he spent the night somewhere, at a friend's house, and they had a child and that concerned you. Do you remember telling us that on direct examination?
JM: and yet you didn't go to that person and say hey he's got this issue, did you?
JM: You didn't go to the police department and tell them anything, right?
JM: you chose to keep that allegation until about 2 years ago, is that right?
JA: I think it's almost 3 years ago at this point, no, I think it's almost 3 ½ to 4 years ago.
JM: pick a year, what year did you
JA: 2009 is when I first
JM: And
JA: told somebody
JM: and you were arrested back in July of 2008, right?
JM: and when this detective interviewed you, you didn't tell him anything about it, did you?
JA: Definitely not
JM: And you could have, though, right?
JA: in theory, yes I could have
JM: Ma'am one of the things that happened with regard to this particular issue is that there was a hearing that was scheduled involving this well, what time did this allegation happen. When do you claim, we know the date, when do you claim that you saw this masturbatory activity?
JA: It would have been in the afternoon after my morning shift.
JM: And what time would that have been ma'am?
JA: I don't know the exact time but it was afternoon well before it was dark, it was still light out.
JM: Okay, could you be more specific. Was it noon?
JA: It was after. noon.
JM: Alright, was it 2:00?
KN: Objection, asked and answered, Judge
Judge: Restate the question.
JM: If it was so noteworthy why can't you remember the time?
JA: It was kind of traumatic
JM: So, what, just because it's, weren't your senses heightened, heightened, at that time that you saw this? Didn't you get angry or upset?
KN: Objection..question
JM: were you angry?
JA: I was sick to my stomach, I was not angry
JM: Ma'am, were you angry? Were you angry?
JA: I became angry later, but not in that moment
JM: Were you angry at that time, ma'am?
JA: I said not in that moment
JM: So the answer is no, right
JM: were you upset at that time?
JM: so if you're upset, aren't you kind of, your senses heightened at that time, to know the time?
KN: Objection, she's answered the question.
JA: Can you repeat that?
JM: Weren't your senses heightened because of the anger to at least know the time so that somebody could check it out?
JA: Well, you said because of anger, but I wasn't angry at that moment
JM: Well, then you see this, you're not angry and you're not upset.
JA: I am upset
JM: If you are upset, don't you think your senses were heightened to what you just saw?
JA: My mind doesn't work like that.
JM: So the answer is no, then, right?
KN: Objection..
JA: It kind of moved in slow motion so if that's heightened
JM: Yes or no, ma'am?
JA: It's kind of a matter of opinion. I don't know
JM: And I'm asking for your opinion.
KN: It's been asked and answered, she can't speculate
JA: whether it's heightened, my perception of things, is that your question?
JM: Right, at that time when your viewing this, the way you describe it, this bad act?
JA: Well, it's , I'm not sure, it's something that I'm never gonna forget,
JM: You're never gonna forget, right
JM: but you have forgotten the time
JA: I know it was the afternoon
JM: Ma'am, I'm asking you for the time.
KN: Objection she said she doesn't know the time.
Judge: Restate your question, sustained.
JM: you said that you'll never forget it, right?
JA: the incident
JM: and I'm asking you, isn't it true that you forgot the time
KN: Objection again, she said she never knew the time.
Judge: rephrase
JM: you said that you had just been let or out from Mimi's cafe, right
JA: for a little while, I was off work for a little while
JM: you worked at Mimi's cafe, right?
JM: you had been working there, right
JM: your shift was over
JM: what time did your shift start?
JA: it varied
JM: that day, what time did your shift start?
JA: in the morning
JM: what time?
JA: Sometime in the morning, I don't know the exact time.
JM: You don't know the exact time, yet you knew that you had to be there on that day?
JM: At a certain time? What time does Mimi's open?
JA: I've never opened Mimi's so I'm not sure, but they open early.
JM: So you don't know the time that it opens, you don't know the time that you went to work, right?
JA: not the exact time
JM: just the morning it what you can give us?
JA: Yes, the early morning
JM: So if you went at 10:00, 10-12 would only be two hours, right/
JM: Was it an 8 hour shift
JA: No, they're not 8 hours
JM: So on that day it was not an 8 hour shift, right?
JA: That' right
JM: How many hours was your shift?
JA: It depended on the flow of business.
JM: I understand that it may depend on that, how many hours did you work on January 22, 2008 on this day that this horrible thing that you claim happened?
JA: I would only be able to tell you a range.
JM: How many hours then, give me a range since you what you're telling me is you don't know.
JA: I know the range, but not the exact hours.
JM: So what you're telling me is you don't know the exact hours?
JM: and anything else that you'd give me would be a guess, right?

(36:51)
JM: and ma'am, I mean you have a lot of memory for a lot of events involving sexual instances regarding Mr. Alexander, yet you seem to be having a lot of problems with your memory here today. And you also alluded that you have problems with your memory. Is this a long-standing thing that you've had problems with your memory of is this something that happened recently?
JM: Your problems with your memory, is it a recent vintage?
JA: Define recent.
JM: I don't know, since you started testifying.
JA: no it goes back further than that
JM: How far back does it go?
JA: I don't even know if I'd call it a problem
JM: well just tell be how far back it goes, you said you were gonna tell me, so please.
JA: how far back what goes
JM: we're talking about your memory problem, right?
JA: I don't know that I'd call it a problem.
JM: Okay
JA: I don't remember every single thing that's ever happened to me in my whole life
JM: Ma'am, your memory issues, we're talking about those, right
JA: I wouldn't even call them issues, but okay, my memory?
JM: you don't want to call them problems, right?
JA: No, I don't want to
JM: You don't want to call them issues, right?
JA: I don't know, I reall don't
JM: You don't want to call them issues, you just told me that, right?
JA: I didn't say I don't want to
JM: Alright so can we call them issues then?
JA: OK
JM: with regard to these memory issues that you claim to have when did you start having them?
(38:45)
JA: It depends on the type of the memory issue
JM: It depends on the type of the memory issue? If it benefits you, do you have a memory issue?
KN: Objection, argumentative, your Honor
JM: Or if it hurts you to you have a memory issue?
KN: the same objection, your Honor
JM: Well
JA: When it hurts sometimes
JM: Ma'am, there's no question right now. You say you have memory problems but it depends on the circumstance, right?
JM: And give me the factors, I don't want to know about a specific circumstance, what factors influence you having a memory problem.
JA: Umm, usually when men like you are screaming at me and grilling me, or someone like Travis doing the same.
JM: So that affects your memory problems, right?
JA: It does, it makes my brain scramble.
JM: So, you're saying that it's, basically what your saying is it's Mr. Marinez's fault that you can't remember things that are going on?
JA: It's not your fault
JM: I'm not saying that, you're saying that, isn't it?
JA: No, I'm not saying that.
JM: Is it something about a certain decibel of the voice that creates problems?
JA: Decibel, tone, content, sort of a combination of those factors.
KN: Objection your honor, this is a stunt. May I approach.
Judge: You may.
Sidebar

Ingra - you are awesome! Thank you so much for these transcriptions.

Reading the last one and cracking up at Juan speaking barely above a whisper after Jodi said she gets nervous when men like him are yelling at her. Even Jodi laughed.

JM: so if you didn't think he was dead, that portion of you didn't think he was dead, then it's okay for you at that point, if you didn't think he was dead to sort of roll around with Mr. Alexander, with Mr.Burns and that was okay, right?
JA: I'm single.
JM: Just like he was in August 8th in August of 2007
JM: So it's okay for you, then it should be okay for him, right?
JA: It was okay.
JM: Then why did you confront him the next day if it was okay?
JA: Cause he was still courting me, I wanted to know where I stood.
JM: And because of your definition of courting you, you felt you deserved an explanation, right?
JM: Hadn't you just had intercourse with Mr. Alexander on the 4th of June?
JM: And if he was still alive, he would have deserved an explanation then for you being with Mr. Burns, right?
JM: Well, I mean that's you're applying a different standard here, aren't you?
JM: You're saying that its okay for you to confront him about the situation, but not okay for Mr. Alexander to confront you, right?
JA: if he wanted to confront me, it would have been okay.

This is just mind boggling!

(41:02)
Martinez using softer voice
JM: What time did you get off of work from Mimi's?
JA: In the afternoon
JM: Hold on, let me ask the question. What time did you get off from Mimi's on January 21 of 2008?
KN: Objection asked and answered....
JA: A time in the afternoon.
JM: Can you be more specific about the time?
JM: why not?
JA: Because I don't think I was looking at my watch or phone or any other clock.
JM: Where did you go after you left Mimi's?
JA: Um, I went to Travis's house.
JM: you went directly to Mr. Alexander's house?
JA: That's right.
JM: And what time did you getover to his house?
JA: I'm sorry?
JM: You couldn't hear me?
JA: I couldn’t hear you
JM: What time did you get over to his house?
KN: Objection, asked and answered....
JA: about 20 minutes after I left Mimi's
JM: And, when you got there, ma'am did you walk in?
JM: the front door
JM: was it open
JM: was it unlocked
JM: And, you said you walked in and you went straight up the stairwell, right
JA: Umm, yes
JM: And you didn't say a word going up the stairwell, did you?
JA: I'm sorry
JM: You didn't say a word going up the stairway, did you?
JA: Umm, I don't remember.
JM: You didn't call out his name, right?
JA: I might have, yes.
JM: And ma'am in January 21 of 2008 you and he were broken up weren't you?
JM: So it wasn't like you were boyfriend and girlfriend and you went over every day, right?
JA: we were not boyfriend/girlfriend, but I went over almost every day.
JA: We were not boyfriend/girlfriend, but I did go over almost every day
JM: You're mumbling, I didn't hear you.
JA: We were not boyfriend/girlfriend, but I did go to his house almost every day.
JM: And on this particular day, what were you there to do?
JA: He needed help putting boxes up in his attic
JM: And, had you talked to him about this previously?
JM: Qas it via text message, was it via some other manner
JA: I don't remember, it was discussed
JM: Was it by telephone?
JA: Probably
JM: Well ma’am how could it be discussed via telephone if you were working at Mimi’s?
JA: it was discussed previous to my shift.
JM: So, what time did you discuss it then?
JA: It was, it had to do with, well it wasn't that day. It was weeks ahead of time. It was about the Christmas things that were in his attic.
JM: So now it wasn't that day that you discussed it, right?
JA: Um, once I got there we were discussing it.
JM: I want to know if that day that you claim this happened there was a telephone call in the morning.
JA: I don't remember that part
JM: And if, back then, what was your number? We’ve already heard it, but?
JA: 831-402-1901
JM: And that would have been the number that you called him on, you used to call him. That would have been the telephone you used to call him, right?
JA: Usually, yes
JM: That was your telephone, right?
JA: yes, that was my cell phone.
JM: You say, well, normally I would use that to call him. Pray tell, what other circumstances would there be that you wouldn’t use your cellphone to call him?
JA: Land lines
JA: Land lines
JM: You had a land line also in your home, right?
JA: There were land-lines in the homes where I lived.
JA: There were landlines in the homes where I lived.
JM: I’m not asking about the homes where you lived, I’m asking about the homes, your home on January 21 on 2008.
JA: There was not a land-line in that home
JM: There was not, was there?
JA: No there was not.
JM: So you would have had to use your cellphone to call him, right?
JA: I probably would have used my cellphone if I called him that day, yes.
JM: And now you are saying that you aren't sure if you called him that morning, right?
JA: Um, I don't think I did cause he didn’t get up early.
JM: Ma’am so you’re saying you didn’t call him that morning, right?
JA: I don't recall if I did or not.
JM: I thought you said that there was an agreement or arrangement for you to go over there that day.
JA: There was.
JM: Okay, what was the arrangement?
JA: The arrangement was, after Christmas, when he had packed up all of his things to put them in the attic.
JM: No, no, I’m not asking about that. I’m asking about the arrangement about the time when you were going over. I don't really care about what the activity was. What was the arrangement about when you were gonna come over and how that was going to work?
JA: Just whenever it would make sense
JM: so whenever it made sense, you were going to go over that day.
JA: Yes, that day was a good day for use
JM: And you don’t know if you talked to him in the morning about if it was that day that you were going to be over?
JA: I don’t remember
JM: And if you didn’t talk to him, your coming over would have been a surprise then, after working at Mimi’s, right?
JA: No, he was expecting me the first time
JM: How was he able to expect you the first time if you didn’t call him in the morning to let him know you were going to be over that day?
JA: Because it was already discussed.
JM: When was it discussed, tell me.
JA: It was discussed multiple times in the weeks following Christmas.
JM: I understand that it was discussed multiple times in the weeks following Christmas, but in the multiple times following Christmas, did you pick a date? January 21, let’s just pick December 26th. You said to him, on January 21 of 2008, I’m going to come over and help with the Christmas decorations? Is that how it worked?
JM: No, it didn’t did it. If you had an arrangement there would have been an agreement, wouldn’t there have been?
JA: We weren’t that formal
JM: But you just told me that you talked about it, right?
JA: It was discussed multiple times, yes.
JM: Right, and so all those multiple times you discussed it, you agreed that it was going to be January 21, 2008 after you got off work from Mimi’s, is that the agreement, or is that the discussion?
JA: I don’t think it was that specific at all
JM: So what was the discussion?
JA: Just whenever we got together to do it.
JM: Then he wasn’t expecting you like you said he was when you came over that day.
JA: He was hoping I would come over to help him with those things.
JM: Ma’am you keep saying he was hoping, how do you know he was hoping, if he didn’t even know you were coming over?
JA: Based on our discussions.
JM: So in your discussions you told him I want you to hope that I come over on the 21st?
JA: I didn’t tell him that
JM: Of course you didn’t, the point is, you didn’t, you can't tell us anything about the circumstances of that day, can you
JA: That’s not true
JM: Well, you can’t tell us about the time, right?
JA: Not a precise hour or minute
JM: You can’t tell us when you worked at Mimi’s, your hours, right?
JA: Not the precise hours
JM: you can't tell us the time you got over to his house, right?
JA: not the precise minute
JM: You can't tell us if there was even a telephone call that morning, right?
JA: I don't remember if there were calls that morning.
JM: You can't tell us anything, but you can tell us that you walked in and then there was this issue and you went in to help him with the Christmas decorations, right?
JM: And after you helped him with the Christmas decorations, you left, right?
JM: You drove away, right
JM: You came back, right
JM: And according to you, that’s when you saw Mr. Alexander engaged in this masturbatory activity, right?
JM: And according to you, there were multiple photographs, but you saw one of them in particular. Correct?
JM: and you then left, right?
JM: And you left in your car, right?
JM: And you went home and started driving around, right?
JA: I went home, threw up, cried and drove around.
JM: Sure, you did all these kinds of things that afternoon, right.
JM: In your car, right?
JA: I didn’t throw up in my car.
JM: What’s that?
JA: I didn’t throw up in my car.
JM: You drove off in your car, correct?
JM: Well, isn't that problematic since you were driving Mr. Alexander's car?
JA: I wasn’t driving his car yet, we were supposed to swap cars.
JM: Well, he didn’t have a car that day, right?
JA: We were switching cars afterward.
JM: Ma’am did he have a, my question is
JA: He had a car
JM: Isn't it true, he did not have a car that day?
JA: No, he had a car
JM: Well, let's take a look at some of the text messages
JA: Okay.
JM: I’m gonna give you two sets, one with his responses and one without, okay.
JA: Okay

(51:13)
JM: Take a look at exhibit 461. Those are text messages between your telephone number and Mr. Alexander’s, correct?
JM: And the incoming means that that’s your message coming in to him, correct?
JA: wait, say that again. I’m sorry, I was reading.
JM: Do you remember previously testifying that when “incoming” was on these text messages that was you calling, or that was you leading the message?
JA: That was me sending the message
JM: Right, and the outgoing is him sending it out, right?
JM: You also talked a little bit about the timing on them, right. The times that are designated?
JM: You indicated that it was 7 hours off, right?
JM: That copy that I have given you has taken the time to right down the actual time minus seven hours, right?
JM: Go ahead and review them to make sure the times that are on there are correct
(52:41)
JA: Yes, those are correct, I believe.
JM: Well we don’t want you to believe. Take your time, subtract seven from there and make sure they are correct. Cause it’s important here and we don’t want you to believe.
JA: I'm pretty sure they're correct
JM: When you say pretty sure, it means you're not sure.
JA: No I said I’m pretty sure.
JM: And it does not include his response there, his outgoing messages, does it?
JA: Yeah, it looks like it’s blocked out
JM: take a look at exhibit 462. Same thing, right except that this one includes his responses on there, right?
JM: the times are also written in there, correct.
JM: And to the best of your knowledge those are the accurate times that are written in there those are the accurate times that that message was either outgoing or incoming, right?
JA: Umm that is right, they look like they match
JM: Ok, if I can have those back

(56:00)
KN: No objection to exhibit 461 your honor
Judge: 461 is admitted
JM: Take a look at exhibit 461 and let’s talk about the times first. Although it says 1/22/08 at 00:38:50 someone has written in 5:38 pm because of the 7 hour time difference that you talked about previously in direct examination, right?
JM: And when we talked about, it’s got your name on there, right?
JA: That’s right
JM: It’s got your telephone number on there, right?
JM: And then it has the time of January 21st at 5:38 pm, right?
JM: And then it says “I can't remember am I coming in for you on Wednesday at 10:30”. Isn’t that what it says?
JM: Then, you see the next one at 6:41 pm, right? You claim you had already left Mimi's cafe in the early afternoon, right?
JA: Um, yes. I didn’t say early, I said sometime in the afternoon.
JM: But you can’t tell us the time, right
JM: But, at 6:41 pm you are talking about trading cars before FHE, right?
JM: FHE stands for Family Home Evening, right?
JM: And family home evening starts at 7:00 in the evening, doesn’t it?
JA: I don’t remember
JM: Well, you were a practicing Mormon, right?
JA: Yes, sort of
JM: And you attended family home evenings, you were telling us about that, right?
JM: And you attended them more than once, right?
JM: And of all those times that you attended, didn't they start at 7:00?
JA: I don’t remember. They were in the evening, but I don’t remember the time.
JM: Would they have started at 10:00 at night?
JA: No, they were not too late
JM: How long, isn't it true that they lasted about an hour, Family Home Evenings?
JA: Yes, roughly and hour
JM: And then the people that were there, the singles that were there would get together and get involved in some sort of social activity, right?
JM: Bowling, that sort of thing, right?
JA: my ward never went bowling
JM: Movies, something like that
JA: My ward never went to movies
JM: Going out to dinner
JA: It was usually at the church
JM: Well it could also be at people’s houses, right?
JM: And then at 7:19 pm you are sending him a text “Nevermind. One of the stores I need to go to closes at 8 pm. I’ll just go tomorrow, right?
JM: That’s evening now, right
JM: You said that this incident involving the masturbatory conduct occurred in the afternoon, right?
JA: It did
JM: so it would have happened before 7:19 pm, right?
JM: You were already gone, you were wherever, right?
JM: And you told us that no he kept calling you and kept calling you and then you said you called him back, right?
JA: Yes I did
JM: And then you went out and got him something from, I think, it was Starbucks or something and you brought him something over, remember saying that?
JA: Not that day
JM: Well, then you went over to his house, right?
JM: You went over and you had sex with him, right?
JM: What time did you go over to his house?
JA: It was in the evening
JM: What time
JA: Don’t know the time
JM: Well, if he’s going to family home evening, he’s not going to be around, assume it starts at seven. He’s not going to be around
Judge: Restate the question
JM: If, hypothetically speaking, if Family Home Evening starts at 7:00, he's not going to be home at 7 pm is he?
JA: If he went, then he wouldn't be.
JM: I’m not asking if he went. It starts at 7:00 in the evening, he would not have been home, right?
JA: It wouldn't necessarily mean that, it doesn't mean that he went, but that night he
JM: Ma’am, I’m saying hypothetically. That means assume
JA: Ok, yes
JM: that he went to family home evening and if it started at 7, he wouldn’t have been at his house, right?
JA: that’s right
JM: And if he has become involved in this masturbatory conduct, why are you worried about trading cars with him.
JA: I think he wanted to trade the car
JM: Ma’am this isn’t him writing that out there, is it?
JA: I wanted to do it before FHE, he wanted to trade the car.
JM: Well, why don’t we take a look at this which is 462. This is the one that contained his responses, right?
JM: take a look at it and see who was worried about trading cars.

(1:02:05)
JM: It indicates the back and forth involving the car, doesn’t it
JA: Yes it does
JM: I move for the admission of exhibit number 462.

(1:02:37)
Judge: 462 is admitted
JM: Ma’am you know who Alyce LaViolette is?
JM: She’s someone that is assisting you in this case, isn’t it?
JM: Isn’t it true that you told her that the masturbatory conduct, the masturbatory conduct involving Mr. Alexander took place while he was on the computer?
JA: No, I never said that
JM: Isn’t it true that you heard a statement from her indicating that you told her that the masturbatory conduct took place while he was on the computer?
JA: No, I’ve never heard her say that.
JM: Ma’am were you here at a hearing
KN: Objection your honor, may I approach?
Judge: You may

(1:05:45)
JM: Ma’am isn’t it true that you hear Ms. LaViolette indicate that you told her that you saw Mr. Alexander masturbating to images on a computer?
JA: No, I heard you say that in the hearing.
JM: Well, ma’am do you remember that I played a snippet with her voice on it?
JA: Yes, but I couldn’t understand it
JM: Did you hear that snippet, yes or not?
JA: I heard it, but I didn’t understand it
JM: I’m not asking you if you understood it, isn’t it true that you were here when that snippet was played?
JM: That snippet involved whether or not she had ever told the prosecution that you told her that you saw Mr. Alexander masturbating to images on a computer.

JM: Let go ahead and continue with the text messages. This is now exhibit 462 and it includes the outgoing which is Mr. Alexander’s text messages, right?
JM: And we were talking about exchanging cars of going to FHE, family home evening, right?
JM: And ma’am you did indicate something about whether or not you called them, or did you say you did or did not call him that morning?
JA: I said I don’t remember
JM: So it could be true that you did not call him that morning?
JM: So it is true that you do not know if you called him that morning, well let me do this. It could be that you did not call him that morning?
JA: It could be because I don’t remember.
JM: And again is this issue with your lack of memory because of these questions, the way they’re being posed?
JM: Does it have to do with the volume of the person asking the questions?
JA: No, I think it’s the length of time
JM: Is it, is it yes or no, the volume?
JA: That would be no.

JM: So at 7:20 you send her or send her or send him a text message, Nevermind one of the stores I need to go closes and eight, I’ll just go tomorrow, so that was one minute later, it’s the same message that you sent before, correct?
JA: That’s correct
JM: And then Mr. Alexander sends you a text message at 7:24 pm right?
JM: And he says “I got a ride from some peeps in the ward now you can just go get it. Let me know when you make the exchange.” Isn’t he telling you that he went to the Family Home Evening there?
JM: So he did go to the FHE, right?
JA: I’m assuming
JM: Well, there’s nothing else indicated here, other than family home evening, right?
JM: And FHE from your experience when you were going, how long would does it last?
JA: Usually about an hour, depending on the event. Sometimes there’s special events going on there.
JM: And then there are other events that may come along afterwards, right?
JA: I don’t know, I usually went home after FHE
JM: To your knowledge did they end after the hour or were there chances that, even though you may not have attended, they would have gone on longer than that.
KN: Objection, calls for speculation
JA: I guess there was a change
JM: I’m asking from your knowledge when you were going.
JA: typically we all dispersed. It was a Monday night, we didn’t hang out later
JM: Okay. Then at 7:25 you sent him a text message that appears to be in response to that one, cause it’s one minutes later, right?
JM: and you say I'm almost asleep, we'll see, right?
JM: You’re talking about exchanging the car, right?
JM: The big concern here is exchanging the car, right?
JM: It doesn’t have anything to do with what you claim you saw, right?
JA: Umm, we’re talking about the car in this text messages.
JM: And the point is, is that you’re talking about very pedestrian issues, such as exchanging a car, you’re not talking about Travis, I saw you masturbating and things like that, right?
JA: It wasn’t a pedestrian issue with Travis.
JA: The car was not a pedestrian issue with Travis
JM: So you’re equating this issue with the car, the same as him masturbating to images of kids, is that what you’re saying?
JA: No, Not by a long shot, no that’s not what I’m saying.
JM: Then he’s talking about you obviously don't need it that bad. I got a ride so you could go get the car, now you’re going to sleep, right?
JM: He’s made or tried to make arrangements for you to pick up your car, right?
JA: I don’t know which car I was driving.
JM: Well, he didn’t have a car because he got a ride with somebody else, right?
JA: That’s not why he got a ride
JM: Well when he's riding with somebody else, his car’s not with him, right?
JM: And so he's without a car at FHE or wherever it is that he went.
JM: You have a car
JM: his car, right?
JA: I don't remember which car I was driving
JM: Well, it wouldn’t have been his car, because you wouldn’t have needed to exchange his car for his car, right?
JA: It would have been mine or his
JM: So, you’re driving his car, right?
JA: I’ve already said that I don’t remember which car I’m driving
JM: You indicated previously that after this happened, you went home and he kept trying to call you over and over, right?
JA: Um, I had voicemails from him, or missed calls
JM: That means he kept trying to call you over and over again, right?
JM: Whether he left voicemails or whatever, he kept trying to call you, right?
JA: I believe, yeah, he did.
JM: And you didn’t respond to those calls, right?
JA: Not immediately, I was at the visitation center, the Visitor’s Center
JM: Excuse me
JA: so I had my phone volume off.
JM: You were what?
JA: I was at the Visitor’s Center
JM: What visitor’s center are you talking about?
JA: The one by the Mesa temple
JM: And is that where you went after this incident happened
JA: That’s where I ended up after driving
JM: Is this where you’re almost asleep?
JA: No this is after the fact
JM: So now you’re back at home, right and in between then and, well in between what you say you saw and when you’re home, that’s when you have all these calls, right?
JA: From the time I ran out of his house he called
JM: From the time you ran out of his house til what time of night are these calls coming in?
JA: til I called him back
JM: When, what time
JA: As soon as I left the Visitor’s center, I called him.
JM: Right, so you’re sure that there’s a bunch of calls that he made to you and then they sort of piled up, whether they’re voice messages or missed calls and then you returned his call, right?
JA: That’s how I remember it, yes
JM: Actually, that’s not the way it really went on that day. Isn’t it true ma’am that there were actually 5 calls between you and him. Where he called you five times and you called him back five times. Did you know that?
JA: There were many more than five, there may be five from his cell phone
JM: I’m asking cellphone to cellphone and you’re saying that at that time you only had your cellphone. And he left you five, or he left you calls, right?
JM: Actually there were only five calls from him all day long to you on the 21st, isn’t that true?
JA: That’s not true
JM: Isn’t it true there was only 5 return calls from you on that day
JA: That might be true
JM: And in fact when you say that he’s calling you all these times, actually didn’t it go this way that you called him at 3:53 in the evening or the afternoon, didn’t you?
JA: That sounds accurate.
JM: And then you called him again at 4:09 in the evening, didn’t you?
JA: That sounds accurate
JM: And he returned your call at 4:29, right.
JA: I believe he did
JM: And then you called him back at 4:53, right?
JA: That sounds accurate
JM: Well, I thought you said that there was this issue that you were not returning his calls. It looks like you’re returning his calls and he’s calling you back.
JA: well that’s probably his cell phone
JM: Well, what difference does it make if it’s his cellphone or not? Isn’t that a telephone call?
JA: Yeah, but he has a land line he called me on frequently.
JM: Right, but I’m talking about that day, the calls that were made. What was his landline number, ma’am?
JA: I don’t have it memorized, cause it was just in my phone as Travis Alexander
JM: so, he called, you called him at 4:53 and then he returned you call to him at 4:54 pm, remember that?
JA: I don’t recall that specific, but
JM: Isn’t it true he then called you back at 5:11 pm, remember that?
JA: Not specifically
JM: How about him calling you back at 5:20 pm
JA: I don’t remember specifically.
JM: And how about him calling you back at 5:48, pm
JA: I just know he called me a lot that day
JM: And then you returned his call at 5:53 pm, do you remember any of that?
JA: The time sounds accurate
JM: Well then if we go then to 462 which is the text messages, we have these calls and then it picks up with text messages, you see that?
JM: The communication does, right?
JM: So there was never a time when, as you said previously, when you and he are not communicating. You’re either communicating by telephone or text message, aren’t you?
JA: No, there’s a gap.
JM: You said that it was right that you called him at 5:53 pm, right? You just said that that was right.
JA: It sounds about right, I don’t remember the times.
JM: Right, and then the first message after this call you said sounds right at 5:53 pm is at 6:41, right?
JM: Less than an hour later, right?
JA: the text, yes
JM: And then at 7:19, right?
JM: And if we say, hypothetically speaking that family home evening starts at seven, he’s already at family home evening by the time that he sends you this text at 7:24, right?
JA: That’s right.

(1:17:56)
JM: You then say at 7:29 pm “I fell asleep and a phone call woke me up”, right?
JA: What date is that?
JM: the 21st ma’am
JA: That’s right, okay
JM: I fell asleep and a phone call woke me up. I thought you said you at the LDS center at Dobson and Southern
JA: Not by this time
JM: Well, I thought you were asleep
JA: I went home and crashed, I’d been crying and I had a migraine.
JM: So when did you go to sleep, give us a time.
JA: I don’t have a time that I fell asleep. I went to sleep after I went, came, left the Visitor’s center
JM: Well, when do you have time to sleep if you’re calling him back and he’s calling you and then right after that you begin texting back and forth? When is it that you find the time to sleep?
JA: Well, I didn’t sleep for a long time, I just dozed off.
JM: Well, you do say at 7:25pm that you’re almost asleep, we’ll see about this car transfer thing, right?
JM: You do put the zzs on here indicating that you’re going to sleep, right
JA: I was very tire, yes
JM: So you went to sleep, you say you went to sleep.
JA: I was laying there very tired. I think I fell asleep
JM: Well then you say four minutes later “I fell asleep and a phone call woke me up. That’s when I sent you a text.” That’s what you say, right?
JA: Um, yeah
JM: Well, when is it that you’re sleeping? What’s waking you up between those four minutes? What’s going on?
JA: Um, I don’t think I’m sleeping right there. I don’t know. I fell asleep, he wanted me to get the car.
JM: But he’s at Family home evening, already and he doesn’t care because he’s already at family home evening isn’t he?
JA: He was a little upset because he got a ride because he thought I was gonna go get it.
JM: But it didn’t happen, did it?
JM: And the big point going on here is not talking about anything that may have happened, you’re not saying you’re upset about anything; you’re just talking about this car being exchanged, right?
JA: we’re talking specifically about the car being exchanged in the text
JM: And you don’t say anything like I’m upset, we need to talk, or anything like that, do you?
JM: You say you have a really bad headache and that you can barely move, right?
JM: And that’s at 7:36, right?
JM: And then there’s a gap of about 2 hours or an hour and 45 minutes which could be with an activity with family home evening, right?
JM: and he says alright, I’ll get it tomorrow, then, right?
JA: He says for me to get it tomorrow
JM: Alright, get it tomorrow, right
JM: In other words, make the exchange of cars that’s going to happen, let’s just do it tomorrow or you do it tomorrow, right?
JA: Yes, whichever
JM: Which indicates you aren’t going to get together that night, are you?
JA: At the moment, yet
JM: Not at the moment, it says ‘do it tomorrow”, right
JA: when that text was sent, yes
JM: But then you want to talk to him, right
JM: That’s at 9:16 pm you say “Can you talk right now” And he says “no not right now.”, right?
JM: Presumably if he went to family home evening, I’m not saying that he did, that’s probably what he’s doing if he did go to, right?
JA: if he did go, maybe if family home evening is still going on
JM: If he did go, right? But previously, ma’am you told us that he was the one that wanted to talk to you, right? Didn’t you tell us that he kept calling and calling and calling until you relented? And then you went over, right?
JA: He did want to talk to me, yes
JM: But it looks here like you want to talk to him doesn't it.
JA: I do now, yes
JM: And then you still aren’t together at 11:33 and you sent him a message “How long”, right?
JA: that’s right
JM: How long is he going to be out is what you’re asking him, aren’t you?
JA: No, how long til he is ready to talk
JM: well that’s part of, given what we’ve seen about this relationship, isn’t that part of your jealousy because you want to know what’s going on that night?
JM: Ma’am how long that’s you saying how long before we can talk, isn’t that what it means
JM: And then he says to you and the times aren’t there, but he does and by that I mean there weren’t written in he says did you use my phone this morning without asking?
JM: So, if you got together that evening it was after 11:33 after he got done doing whatever hw was doing, right?
JA: what was that questions
JM: If you got together that evening it was after he got done doing whatever he was doing?
JM: So, it doesn't seem like he’s in a hurry to talk to you, does it?
JA: I don’t know
JM: It doesn’t seem like he’s this upset like you portrayed him that he really wanted to talk to this issue that you say that you saw him engaged in, right?
KN: Objection, calls for speculation
JM: there are gaps here where he’s doing whatever he’s doing and you’re doing the asking ‘how long’, right?
JM: He then asks you if you used his phone in the morning without asking, right?
JM: And you tell him that you did, right?
JM: And you ask why and he says nothing, right?
JM: There’s an issue about the deposit and in fact you're asking him if he made the deposit, right?
JM: and he told you that you did, right
JM: Is he giving you money there?
JA: What’s the date?
JA: What’s the date on that one?
JM: the 22nd
JA: I think, I don't know what we were referring there
JM: well you do say, your text message does say “did you make the deposit?”
JM: And he said yes, and then you say what
JA: thank you, I'll make it up to you soon.
JM: It looks like he lent you money there doesn’t it?
JM: Any idea how much money he lent you?
JA: He lent me money in small increments, I don’t remember
JM: And he would do it if you needed it, right?
JA: If he could, he would, yes
JM: And if you needed it, right?
JM: That same day at 3:36 in the afternoon you say to him “I’m gonna need a ride at 4pm. Txt me.” Still the issue of the car, right?
For him to
JM: Where’s your car
JA: Um, probably parked at his house
JM: How’d you get to work?
JA: Sometimes he drove me and sometimes I carpooled with a co-worker
JM: So what happened on this particular day?
JA: I don’t remember.
JM: What time did you get to work?
JA: I don’t remember, I usually worked in the mornings, but sometimes I worked evenings also.
JM: So this day, you were going to get off at 4:00, right?
JA: Well, it would vary, if business permits
JM: but that’s what it says there, right
JM: And this is at 3:36, you want him to pick you up, right?
JM: How long is your shift, usually, four, six, eight hours?
JA: um depended on the flow of business, typically it was 4-6 hours
JM: And then at 4:04 you sent him a text message: “Scratch that. They’re keeping me here til 5pm! =( can you pick me up then? The lunch offer from my voicemail still stands. What are you talking about?
JA: For him to pick me up after work
JA: For him to pick me up after work
JM: No, I’m asking about the lunch offer, I’m not asking about him picking you up.
JA: I felt really bad for him after everything that happened, so I offered, I was just trying to feel better because if I were in his shoes, I’d just want to jump off a bridge
JM: So what about the lunch offer, what are you talking about?
JA: That’s what it was; I offered to get him lunch
JM: Well it’s 4:00 in the afternoon, lunch is usually at noon, isn’t it?
JA: well not for Travis
JM: Then he says Sure. I’m almost off, yay, are you eating? If so, just sit at the counter, right?
JM: Throughout this whole text message between you and him, there’s no discussion about anything that may have happened on the 21st is there?
JA: Not in text messages, definitely not.
JM: The answer is no, right
JM: And in terms of the phone calls that you claim were being made, there wasn’t this barrage of phone calls from him that you didn’t respond to. Actually it was more give and take, wasn’t it?
JA: He left a barrage of phone calls at one period of time, yes.
JA: he did. He left a barrage of phone calls
JM: well, let’s just take a look at his phone records, okay, so that we can see.
Afternoon break.

I guess I'm gonna answer me. I gather from googling "when did Jodi Arias confess to killing Travis Alexander" it happened in opening statement by her attorney. And then again on the first day she testified. So, trial bombshell indeed.

I seem to remember hearing that the story of self-defense started in 2010. I can't remember where I read that though.

I was just looking over Flores' investigation report and noticed that Flores got the pics of Jodi from Travis' camera on 6-19, 6 days before her 6-25 phone interview. It's interestIng to go back and listen to the 6-25 interview knowing Flores already knows Jodi was at Travis' house on 6-4

I was just looking over Flores' investigation report and noticed that Flores got the pics of Jodi from Travis' camera on 6-19, 6 days before her 6-25 phone interview. It's interestIng to go back and listen to the 6-25 interview knowing Flores already knows Jodi was at Travis' house on 6-4

Hello!

I am a long time lurker, first time poster here. Went back to page 1 to listen to the 6/25 interview and couldn't find it in its entirety.

So - I went out to the webz and managed to find this! : Jodi Arias - Police Phone Interviews June 10, 21 (vm) & 25, 2008 - YouTube

Apologies if it's here somewhere and I missed it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back