Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #3

I'm hoping this family can get some answers.

Mexico makes arrest in killing of U.S. tourist on Falcon Lake

"Mexican marines over the weekend arrested a man they say masterminded some of the most horrific crimes in northern Mexico, including the killing of U.S. tourist David Michael Hartley two years ago and mass slaughters in a border state."

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...g-of-U-S-tourist-on-3928519.php#ixzz28jMfJ9vX

From your link:

Mexican officials said Martínez is a high-ranking Zeta who oversaw the gang's criminal activity in the states of Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon and Coahuila, all of which border Texas. Mexico had a 15 million peso (more than $1 million) bounty on his head.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...g-of-U-S-tourist-on-3928519.php#ixzz28lB98j2h

I'm hoping this has some actual ties to Hartley, and not some 'round up the usual suspects and close the books' due to diplomatic pressure. Everything about this case has been so odd and vague, cynical thought I know, this just crosses my mind.

I'm hoping this has some actual ties to Hartley, and not some 'round up the usual suspects and close the books' due to diplomatic pressure. Everything about this case has been so odd and vague, cynical thought I know, this just crosses my mind.
Gnaws at mine.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ar...ys-Zeta-arrest-brings-vindication-3933490.php

Hartley widow says Zeta arrest brings vindication

Hartley, who now lives in Colorado, said the announcement should satisfy her critics: “The people who thought I had something to do with it can finally go, ‘But Mexico's admitting that they had something to do with it.'”

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said early that “speculation is unwarranted” toward Tiffany Hartley.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said he was frustrated by the way the Mexican government treated her.

“She wasn't interviewed but rather interrogated,” he said.

Some months earlier, officials received reports of armed “pirates” on the lake, robbing U.S. fishermen at gunpoint.

Sheriff Gonzalez said Tuesday that Tiffany's story was, from the beginning, consistent with those reports.

“I'm sure that the Mexican military is not going to lie about this thing,” Gonzalez said. “I'm sure he was involved somehow, though not the actual killing of Hartley himself.”

Mexican officials naming Hartley as a murder victim is “very important,” he said.

Except for the FACT there was ZERO reason to hide THIS body.

Sorry there was every reason to take and hide the American body that they killed to protect their drug dealings.

Last night I watched a cnn special on it. They have witnesses that have come forth to support wife's story and photos of the pirates from surveillance that are dressed exactly as she described.

It happened just as she says it did.

It's so sad that we are so suspicious of victims anymore.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/08/world/americas/mexico-cartel-arrest/

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/23/cp.01.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry there was every reason to take and hide the American body that they killed to protect their drug dealings.

Last night I watched a cnn special on it. They have witnesses that have come forth to support wife's story and photos of the pirates from surveillance that are dressed exactly as she described.

Wow! I guess that's what the sheriff meant in October 2010 when he said there was extensive evidence to back up the wife's account of the events.

I wish I would have seen that special. I've followed this case since the beginning and never doubted her story.

Wow! I guess that's what the sheriff meant in October 2010 when he said there was extensive evidence to back up the wife's account of the events.

I wish I would have seen that special. I've followed this case since the beginning and never doubted her story.

Mexico is such a mess.

BBM:

I never doubted her story either, Kimberlyd125. It was a shame so many people (in the public) had immediately started accusing her of murdering her husband.

MOO

I wonder how many other bodies are in that lake?

A lot.
I think everybody knew it was a long shot. But I was really hoping for answers for his family when I posted that 2 years ago.

I don't think he will ever be found.

A lot.
I think everybody knew it was a long shot. But I was really hoping for answers for his family when I posted that 2 years ago.

I don't think he will ever be found.

His body is gone. The sheriff has it in good authority that he was put in a barrel and burned.

It's so sad. I had to just shake my head as the fisherman who kept insisting it was safe on the lake. Snuck quietly to the Mexican side and then took off like a bat out of heck when he showed them the chapel.

His body is gone. The sheriff has it in good authority that he was put in a barrel and burned.

It's so sad. I had to just shake my head as the fisherman who kept insisting it was safe on the lake. Snuck quietly to the Mexican side and then took off like a bat out of heck when he showed them the chapel.

I went to Mexico once a couple of years ago on a cruise. The whole time I was ashore I felt like the hair was raised on the back of my neck. Very uncomfortable feeling. I will never go back. jmo

BBM. Huh? None of this has been proven. This is her version of events. Nothing has changed, there has been no resolution to this case. Of course the sheriff has incentive to say "nothing to see here, move along, they did it, it's over…" Her story was fishy then, and is fishy now…..I know the Zetas are vicious and notorious. Likely, Mrs. Hartley was well aware of that too before their excursion. I see nothing that proves she is a victim, nothing that proves WHO perpetrated a crime.

BBM. Huh? None of this has been proven. This is her version of events. Nothing has changed, there has been no resolution to this case. Of course the sheriff has incentive to say "nothing to see here, move along, they did it, it's over…" Her story was fishy then, and is fishy now…..I know the Zetas are vicious and notorious. Likely, Mrs. Hartley was well aware of that too before their excursion. I see nothing that proves she is a victim, nothing that proves WHO perpetrated a crime.

Well then you are just not looking. Someone was arrested. The sheriff I charge of investigating has substantiated her story with witnesses and video and photographic proof.

She Is a victim and this is over. Other than getting his body back.

this is the case that brought me to WS, after researching it for other reasons.

I will go on record as saying I think Tiffany Hartley had a hand in her husband's death, sadly. The reasons that led me to take this position are too many to quickly list and I doubt his body will ever be found or identified. Regardless, this is sad for everyone. I am glad we can agree to disagree around here.

Well then you are just not looking. Someone was arrested. The sheriff I charge of investigating has substantiated her story with witnesses and video and photographic proof.

She Is a victim and this is over. Other than getting his body back.

Oh yes, "someone" was arrested. There have been "witnesses" reported. I haven't seen that there is definitive video and photographic proof although I'm sure that that has been alleged along the way as well. None of which overcomes the glaring inconsistencies in her story, as well as the completely ridiculous scenario posited for the actions of the drug cartel, who supposedly disposed of this man's body, when their whole usual MO is to display their killings like trophies, as well as somehow let her live as she raced away like a female James Bond. But you are right in that it seems to be over. No one involved with the exception of Mr. Hartley's family really has any incentive to ferret out the truth.

Oh yes, "someone" was arrested. There have been "witnesses" reported. I haven't seen that there is definitive video and photographic proof although I'm sure that that has been alleged along the way as well. None of which overcomes the glaring inconsistencies in her story, as well as the completely ridiculous scenario posited for the actions of the drug cartel, who supposedly disposed of this man's body, when their whole usual MO is to display their killings like trophies, as well as somehow let her live as she raced away like a female James Bond. But you are right in that it seems to be over. No one involved with the exception of Mr. Hartley's family really has any incentive to ferret out the truth.

It's out there. I saw it pictures of the suspects she described that day.

There IS Proof it was someone else. There is no proof it was her. there is more than one witness that verifies her story.
I follow proof and evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni