NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad is Australian... death penalty is not an option there, so perhaps someone needs to remind dad that it is a HUGE AND VERY REAL option in the state of NC.

The back and forth from report to report is mind boggling.

But I'm still surprised he hasn't lawyer-ed up yet.

I wonder if that might be because he isn't a citizen- could he not know he has the right to lawyer? Could that be the reason he is outside while EB is in jail? Is it possible LE is taking advantage of what AB doesn't know about the system in order to find out what he does know about his daughter?

In Australia he would have received legal aid (probably, if low income) - what about in the states is he entitled to that if he is a resident, what would he be entitled to as an illegal alien?

I don't know how well off his parents are but I'm assuming they would help him with legal costs.

I'm jumping in here and haven't kept up at all in the last 24hours on the threads here. I'm wondering what made LE change from this being a possible abduction with amber alter to a homicide? What made LE start looking for a dead child? What is it?????? Was it the dogs hitting on the cars? What else do they know? Poor Zahra, you are heavy in my mind little girl.

You bring up something that I'm still questioning. The part I don't understand yet was why the parents even reported Zahra missing. The police had been out to their property in the early morning because of that mulch fire, but then the parents decided to report her missing in afternoon. Why? Nobody seemed to be aware of Zahra living there. The father wanting to report his daughter missing might mean he was truly concerned. Don't know enough yet. Can anybody fill me in on why they even reported her missing?

I am not really sure about why, but I am thinking that it has something to do with that "inspector" LE is asking to come forward. Not sure what kind of inspector it was, but perhaps they knew it could spell trouble.
Another poster here mentioned the upcoming holidays....even halloween, which is an occasion any 10-year-old would get excited about. Maybe they didn't know how they were going to explain Zahra not being there....

I've been wondering...with drugs, especially meth, comes paranoia. Ya think maybe they got high and started freaking out about it and decided to come up with a plan?

It does sound like someone/s was high and freaked out, so yeah.

I'm jumping in here and haven't kept up at all in the last 24hours on the threads here. I'm wondering what made LE change from this being a possible abduction with amber alter to a homicide? What made LE start looking for a dead child? What is it?????? Was it the dogs hitting on the cars? What else do they know? Poor Zahra, you are heavy in my mind little girl.

This is a huge question for me! Thanks for bringing it up. Surely LE has some clue that Zahra is dead, instead of just missing. What information led them to that conclusion?!

In Australia he would have received legal aid (probably, if low income) - what about in the states is he entitled to that if he is a resident, what would he be entitled to as an illegal alien?

I don't know how well off his parents are but I'm assuming they would help him with legal costs.

Once he is arrested he is entitled to Legal Aide. (even as a non citizen)

Well first I don't believe he is an illegal alien but his immigration status does bring some questions to the mix.
Would the US even be able to put him to death or would he be sent back to Australia?

Your children should always come first but everyone deserves to have their own life and fall in love.
(just check out the people you socialize with)

I do agree that everyone has a right to love and happiness. I also know that my kids have a right to love and happiness too. When I started dating my husband he knew my children were a package deal. after dating for several months I introduced him into my childrens lives and they fell in love with him and he fell in love with them also. We have been together 22 years now and my husband still says my children are God sends. I feel the same of his children. We niether one would have it any other way. I can honestly say if any of our children would have objected we wouldnt be together now.

Thread sure is getting longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Hint Hint.

Illegal Aliens who commit a crime in in the USA can have a court appointed attorney to represent them.

You bring up something that I'm still questioning. The part I don't understand yet was why the parents even reported Zahra missing. The police had been out to their property in the early morning because of that mulch fire, but then the parents decided to report her missing in afternoon. Why? Nobody seemed to be aware of Zahra living there. The father wanting to report his daughter missing might mean he was truly concerned. Don't know enough yet. Can anybody fill me in on why they even reported her missing?

My thoughts on this point at the moment are, that maybe EB hoped they would find the ransom note and then search the house to find Zahra missing and that it was a case of mistaken identity be the abductors.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but the house is owned by the person mentioned in the note.

If AB has no knowledge then this would present as an abduction and therefore throwing off the police about the case and also throw off implications of EB.

As this did not happen then maybe EB had to play the abduction from another angle hence she has been forced to take a different scenario.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

I mean it's just such a messed up plan that I have to believe they could have come up with something better had there not been some kind of substance involved.

I wonder if EB has been drug tested since she was arrested?:waitasec:

Well first I don't believe he is an illegal alien but his immigration status does bring some questions to the mix.
Would the US even be able to put him to death or would he be sent back to Australia?

IMO, If he is convicted of a crime and sentence to death, he would see the last light of day in the USA.

A twitter from an Aussie who's friend was Zahra's nurse over there. Says Adam was a devoted dad.

http://twitter.com/melamoogrrrl

I know the general concensus coming from Australia is that he was a devoted Dad but he did live with his parent's and I would imagine his Mom took care of Zahra most of the time while he was working. Did he just assume that EB would do the same? Did he ever really take care of her himself?

MOO

Waking up this morning to this article left me sad for the rest of the day. They state point blank that Zahra was killed. Oh, that poor girl. LE must have some good solid evidence of death, not just dog hits.

Cops: N.C. girl may have been alive in mid-Sept.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39673288/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

"Police say the girl, who used hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer, has been killed."

Thanks.

No he wouldn't be sent back to Australia. The US are entitled to charge him with whatever they see fit including making the death penalty an option. There is nothing the Australian government could or would do. I don't think he's going to be getting any advocate groups in Australia trying to help him out if that turns out to be the case.

Let's forget all the rest for a moment. If AB knew EB was dealing drugs out of their home, he had an obligation at that point to remove his daughter from that situation. So IMO, even if (and I that's a big IF) he didn't actually murder or help cover up the murder of his own daughter, he's still just as guilt as EB for leaving her in that environment. And personally I hope he's on that same Highway to Hell that EB will be on.

I did not mean for that to sound as snarky as it did...:blushing: Blame it on me being from Texas and rather errrr, ummmm "plain spoken"????????? :crazy:

Aww now you can't blame it on being from Texas. I'm Houstonian and I'm nothing at all like that. :angel:

*dodges lightening bolts*

Also, about them getting high and making a plan...I have a blind, brain damaged 5 month old kitten who thinks paper is like, the funnest toy EVER!, that could come up with a better plan.

Just sayin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member