IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not aware of this story. Could you pass on some info about it? There are RR tracks across the street 1/2 block from 5 North Apartments. I looked around there while I was just out, but I would like to look more tomorrow, even though its reported to have been searched.

It was mentioned on HT online but I don't know if they mean the tracks off of Rogers or the ones that go over College there near the adult bookstore.

It was mentioned on HT online but I don't know if they mean the tracks off of Rogers or the ones that go over College there near the adult bookstore.

That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past. It was the first place I thought of when I heard she was missing.

I hope she didn't go that way...

I'll try to find out more about the story on the HT.

That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past.

I'll try to find out more on the HT.

That would suggest that stranger abduction theory is not out of the question at all. If she was going home alone, early ours of the morning, no keys, phone, or shoes, and met with some unsavory character, abducting her would not be hard at all.

Wow thanks for the pic. Have been wanting to put a face with his name.. My first thoughts.. Lauren is the tiniest of girls at 90lbs and 4"11.. This easily seen In all her pics as well as dEscription on Missing flyers.. With that being the case and In looking at the pic of her and Jesse.. My rough estimate of a guess would put him at about 5"3-5"4.. As there is not alotta height difference at all..

Just something I observed and am taking into consideration.. IMO he is definitely a small male.. Jmo..

Wow thanks for the pic. Have been wanting to put a face with his name.. My first thoughts.. Lauren is the tiniest of girls at 90lbs and 4"11.. This easily seen In all her pics as well as dEscription on Missing flyers.. With that being the case and In looking at the pic of her and Jesse.. My rough estimate of a guess would put him at about 5"3-5"4.. As there is not alotta height difference at all..

Just something I observed and am taking into consideration.. IMO he is definitely a small male.. Jmo..

He could maybe be closer to 6ft if she is wearing heels. I'm 5'3 but I love wearing 3-4 inch heels. My husband is 6'4. He towers over me by almost a foot when I'm in flats, but only appears 6-7 inches taller than me when I wear heels.

Regarding the altercation and whether the boyfriend would have been told that night or not:

I asked several male friends I was with this evening. We have been friends for about a decade and asked them if they would wait to tell their friend their gf's cheating on them. As soon as I asked the question one of my friends started laughing and reminded me of a night, about 4 years ago, when we were all out at a bar and he spotted a mutual friends girl getting cozy with someone other than her boyfriend. He reminded me that we headed closer to her, he caught her attention and waved his phone at her in a "gotcha *****" kind of way. She was off and running within moments. He did tell the friend on the spot and I believe most men would. These are all guys who value their friendship and see each other as family.

With that being said they would also inform a friend if they felt some guy was being hands-y with their gf and it was not appreciated. I don't believe guys who didn't think there was something going on would have let her walk out of smallwood after the confrontation. Someone is lying here and since the confrontation is caught on tape it can only be the reason behind the confrontation. He was being "aggressive" and "bothering" Lauren does not hold up when we realize the boys let her leave with said "aggressive" guy.

The likelihood of a stranger abduction is pretty nil. It would be one hell of a coincidence to be abducted by a stranger after such an interesting and dramatic evening. Lost items, fights, multiple locations. It is all just too much for a stranger abduction to have occurred on TOP of all that.

I'm amazed at how much info. has been released in this case, however; has anyone heard if any of the search dogs picked up her scent at all??

That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past. It was the first place I thought of when I heard she was missing.

I'll try to find out more about the story on the HT.

To clarify, I was speaking about the RR tracks in the area near the adult book store.

The tracks on rogers don't exist anymore. That is now a rails to trails. They removed the tracks and made a nature path for bikes an hikers. Bloomington is like that. Near the apartments, its just a concrete path. Over on Rogers its the gravel path.

Regarding the altercation and whether the boyfriend would have been told that night or not:

I asked several male friends I was with this evening. We have been friends for about a decade and asked them if they would wait to tell their friend their gf's cheating on them. As soon as I asked the question one of my friends started laughing and reminded me of a night, about 4 years ago, when we were all out at a bar and he spotted a mutual friends girl getting cozy with someone other than her boyfriend. He reminded me that we headed closer to her, he caught her attention and waved his phone at her in a "gotcha *****" kind of way. She was off and running within moments. He did tell the friend on the spot and I believe most men would. These are all guys who value their friendship and see each other as family.

With that being said they would also inform a friend if they felt some guy was being hands-y with their gf and it was not appreciated. I don't believe guys who didn't think there was something going on would have let her walk out of smallwood after the confrontation. Someone is lying here and since the confrontation is caught on tape it can only be the reason behind the confrontation. He was being "aggressive" and "bothering" Lauren does not hold up when we realize the boys let her leave with said "aggressive" guy.

The likelihood of a stranger abduction is pretty nil. It would be one hell of a coincidence to be abducted by a stranger after such an interesting and dramatic evening. Lost items, fights, multiple locations. It is all just too much for a stranger abduction to have occurred on TOP of all that.

I like your post lilcheese..I couldn't find the thanks button..hehe

totally agree, most any decent men with morals would tell their friends, and I believe most decent women would do the same thing. Anybody having a man code of not telling me thinks they like the code b/c they wouldn't want being told on if they were in the same situation.

Crazy events, something doesn't add up. I hope they check all obvious places. A girl in Ohio was recently killed by her mother's boyfriend and after searching, news crews being in their home, her body was in the basement of their house all along.

Jesse's head is cocked to the side. If he were to straighten himself she would hit about cheek level/chin level. She looks like she may be wearing shoes as well. I'd put him at about 5'7-5'9 maybe 160ish. Not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination, but substantially bigger than her. I'm basing that on the fact that I am 4'11 and have a picture with a similar pose with my ex, upon examination I hit him about lip level in most pictures and he was 5'7 and change.

Just because all kind of events were happening prior to disappearance, does not mean she couldn't have been abducted. The events would have put her out alone, early in the morning, and allegedly intoxicated. Abducting her would be pretty easy, if she did meet up with an unsavory character.

I'm amazed at how much info. has been released in this case, however; has anyone heard if any of the search dogs picked up her scent at all??

In the PC today, they mentioned that dogs had been out but had found nothing...not sure if that means no scent or just that they had not found her, did not expand on it, said "negative results."

I wonder if Lauren's parents, as well as many other parents, are getting something of an eye-opener about the amount of partying done by their kids at this or any college, when cases like this make news.

Thanks, this clears up the keys being dropped on the way toward CR's.
However, in reading this article, it raised a new question as there appears to be a conflict in statements of what the CVS witness says MB told him vs. JR.
the CVS witness says that MB said he saw LS walk down the street. If JR was just 2 doors down, MB would be lying. It is JR that said he saw her walking down the street isn't it? So how could both of them see her leaving the same building and walking down the street at least an hour apart. Something is wrong here. Also in this article CR is very adamant to point out (despite his memory loss) that HE was NOT the last person to be with her. She may never have left that building alive.

I'm not sure about the CVS guy. Several outlets have said that after she left CR's place she went to another place, JR's. And JR has confirmed last seeing her at 4:15/4:30.

IU alum might be able to answer this question. Are there a lot of NY kids who happen to end up at the school? I ask because a quick look at the people involved reveal a pretty high amount of New Yorkers.

Lauren is from Westchester
Jesse is from L.I.
Lauren's room mate, according to her Facebook profile info, is from L.I. as well. Another girl who has been named as a friend of Lauren's at school is from a town about 15 minutes away from Lauren in Westchester.
Jesse has several people who pop up with NY HS networks and Indiana as their college.

Seemed a bit odd to me, but I might be reading into nothing. Looks like these kids who were from lower NY an in Indiana formed a pretty tightly knit group.

To clarify, I was speaking about the RR tracks in the area near the adult book store.

The tracks on rogers don't exist anymore. That is now a rails to trails. They removed the tracks and made a nature path for bikes an hikers. Bloomington is like that. Near the apartments, its just a concrete path. Over on Rogers its the gravel path.

ah, cool. I knew they had taken up all of the rails near rogers/tapp/country club but didn't realize they'd taken those ones on rogers (like near the cook clinic). I try to never walk if I don't have to, lol.

I think that whole vicinity around the trestle is just creepy.

In the PC today, they mentioned that dogs had been out but had found nothing...not sure if that means no scent or just that they had not found her, did not expand on it, said "negative results."

I wonder if Lauren's parents, as well as many other parents, are getting something of an eye-opener about the amount of partying done by their kids at this or any college, when cases like this make news.

Just today I read that IU regularly makes into the top 15 "party schools." It was #1 in 2005 among "party schools."

"Indiana University's nearly 2,000-acre campus about 50 miles south of Indianapolis is a picturesque mix of tree-lined paths and limestone buildings dating to the late 19th century. The school touts top-notch academic programs, but it's also consistently ranked as a top party school by the Princeton Review, earning the top spot in 2005 and consistently making the top 15 since then."
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP35dcb92f1ca64a1f844377cbb488670f.html

Crazy events, something doesn't add up.
I wondered--given the bizarre behavior (losing shoes, keys, and phone), memory loss, changing stories, apartment hopping--if LS or CR maybe weren't looking for or selling drugs. I'm not trying to imply that we had hardcore dealing going on here but it seems obvious that these kids like to party.

Just a lot of alcohol alone could produce the same effect of memory loss, losing things, etc.

Absolutely. And given that at least a couple of the key players that we know of have police records lends credence to the idea that they probably weren't just one in a while drinkers.

That's why CR's memory loss isn't a HUGE red flag to me. I mean, Carl Salzmann is a decent enough attorney and you'd have to be Jose Baez to think that excuse would fly if CR did something to her. But if he's a heavy drinker he may well not remember what happens the night before on a regular basis.

IU alum might be able to answer this question. Are there a lot of NY kids who happen to end up at the school? I ask because a quick look at the people involved reveal a pretty high amount of New Yorkers.

Looks like these kids who were from lower NY an in Indiana formed a pretty tightly knit group.

There are a large number of students from NY and NJ at I.U.
No idea why really. Guess I assumed it was cheaper, and safer than going to school there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member