GUILTY OK - Jaymie Adams, 25, Blanchard, 9 Dec 2011

I agree with Pat Brown and Sheryl McCollum who appeared on NG's Show.

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST, DIR. OF COLD CASE SQUAD AT PINE LAKE P.D.: Her telephone and her computer are going to blow this story out of the water. The problem I`m having with him is he claims she sent a text message saying I`m going to meet a client at an all-night McDonald`s. Then she sent him another text saying hey, dude didn`t show up.

Is her husband her pimp? Because that`s what it sounds like to me. He knows she`s meeting people for money. He knows she`s on Craigslist as a -- as a prostitute of three months while she`s pregnant? Yes, I don`t know why this guy is not a person of interest.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/12/ng.01.html

BBM. We don't have all the phone details, but keep in mind Justin and Jaymie's phones were pinging off the same tower. If you believe Justins story about being at home and Jaymie meeting a friend at the McDonalds, their phones should not have been pinging off the same tower.

Imo it sounds like Sheryl is being sarcastic and not buying that Justin was letting his pregnant wife sell her body and that's why he should be a person of interest.

If she was a prostitute that should be easy enough for police to verify through electronic records and cell phone records. My feeling is-it would be extremely bizarre for a husband to make up prostitution if it wasn't true, especially knowing it should be easy enough to check through electronic records.

Wait-has it been confirmed she was working as a prostitute?

Considering everything that was said on NG last night, it certainly sounds like she was a prostitute so LE will have to investigate this further to find out if it’s true or not.

NG’s producers looked for Jaymie’s ad on Craigslist before Jaymie’s body was recovered and they couldn't find it so maybe the reason they couldn’t find it is because the staff pulled it as soon as they heard on national television that Jaymie was missing and foul play was suspected to avoid the publicity. Penny Douglas Furr said LE might be able to retrieve the ad from Craigslist with a subpoena.

Justin Adams’ attorney, Irvin Box, said the couple was living this swinging lifestyle and financial need motivated Jaymie Adams to prostitute herself on Craigslist as a way to support her family. Box added that Jaymie was absolutely on Craiglist and she had been doing it for about three months so Box wouldn’t lie and say this if it wasn’t true would he?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/12/ng.01.html

This statement doesn't confirm prostitution just that it isn't surprising.

http://newsok.com/pregnant-blanchar...omicide-investigation/article/3635684/?page=2

(snip)
the father of Jaymie Adams' third child, said her husband's claim that she is involved in prostitution isn't surprising to him.

Read more: http://newsok.com/pregnant-blanchar...e-investigation/article/3635684#ixzz1jNL0x0sx

Yikes, well if she was wasn't, one would hope it WOULD be very surprising to have it said about her...

BBM. We don't have all the phone details, but keep in mind Justin and Jaymie's phones were pinging off the same tower. If you believe Justins story about being at home and Jaymie meeting a friend at the McDonalds, their phones should not have been pinging off the same tower.

Imo it sounds like Sheryl is being sarcastic and not buying that Justin was letting his pregnant wife sell her body and that's why he should be a person of interest.

But I can call my husband and say I am in Chicago... and really be 90 miles from there...
He could be in the same area I am and not even be aware that he is in the same area.

Jaymie could have just not told Justin where she really was... that was my first thought if he isn't involved.

But I can call my husband and say I am in Chicago... and really be 90 miles from there...
He could be in the same area I am and not even be aware that he is in the same area.
Jaymie could have just not told Justin where she really was... that was my first thought if he isn't involved.

Except the car did end up at the McDonalds that Jaymie supposedly said she was at. Which is how Justin knew to find her van there. IMO, Wherever the phones pinged off the same tower was Justin holding his phone in one hand and her phone in another sending texts back and forth. JMO of course!

Since we don't know where the phones pinged, I think that would be a viable theory if they both pinged near the home where Justin said he was during that time. So if she was still in the neighborhood, making false reports about where she was at that time, it seems he could very well be innocent.

If both phones pinged near the McDonalds where her car was later found, then I don't see any way he's not involved.

I wonder where her phone is or ended up? With the body?

Both phones could have pinged at McD's when he went to the van in the morning, but if they pinged at McD's in the early morning hours (12 and 4 or so), then that's hinky.

When I checked the cell tower map on WS several days ago (in other words, I don't know where it is right now), it appeared there were no cell towers in Blanchard. Therefore isn't there a possibility both phones could ping on the same towers?
Sorry, I'm clueless with 'pings'

I see it this way- there are only 2 reasons to say your missing wife is a prostitute- she really is, and you're trying to be helpful to find her, or she isn't, and you're setting up a story to cover actions you were somehow involved in.

Since we don't know where the phones pinged, I think that would be a viable theory if they both pinged near the home where Justin said he was during that time. So if she was still in the neighborhood, making false reports about where she was at that time, it seems he could very well be innocent.

If both phones pinged near the McDonalds where her car was later found, then I don't see any way he's not involved.

BBM. ITA. And I would love to know whether the prostitution claim is true. That would also tell us whether he was involved or not.

I believe I was only looking at Sprint or whatever the one someone on this forum (can't recall who) felt she/he would be using. I have no idea how these towers work.
Thanks for the info.

Your welcome. I ran into the same problem the first couple of sites I tried. They made you pick a carrier.

BBM. ITA. And I would love to know whether the prostitution claim is true. That would also tell us whether he was involved or not.

I don't know if her allegedly being a prostitute would necessarily tell us if he was involved or not. If she in fact was a prostitute was that something he was happy about? Apparently he knew all about the alleged prostitution, as she was telling him when she was supposedly meeting clients (or that is what he says).
But is that something he approved of?

Except the car did end up at the McDonalds that Jaymie supposedly said she was at. Which is how Justin knew to find her van there. IMO, Wherever the phones pinged off the same tower was Justin holding his phone in one hand and her phone in another sending texts back and forth. JMO of course!

Hypothetical:

I call my husband tell him I am 90 miles away around 10pm.
I tell him I'm leaving a family function at the time, going to stop at Walmart near our house and will be home after that.

I then meet up with somebody near our home, where I was the whole time... and spend time with them for a couple of hours instead.

Then I drive to the Walmart near my house, to cover for the story I gave my husband... gotta buy something.
After I get out of my vehicle... something happens to me at that location.

-------------------------------------------

So my vehicle is found where I told my husband I was going.
Our phones were pinging off the same tower, though he says we were 90 miles apart when we talked... because I lied to him.

If her previous husband is correct that she was not faithful... then I don't see why this isn't an equally likely scenario.
In this situation there is definitely no shortage of suspects... current husband, ex husbands... there's a lot of possibilities. :twocents:

I see it this way- there are only 2 reasons to say your missing wife is a prostitute- she really is, and you're trying to be helpful to find her, or she isn't, and you're setting up a story to cover actions you were somehow involved in.

I think it would be a very bizarre story to set up, considering it should be easy enough to check for the police (due to electronic trail). What kind of relationship are the husband and wife having if wife is an alleged prostitute (especially considering she is pregnant). Certainly if she is sleeping around as the husband alleges, there is a potential that the child she is expecting is not the husband's. There are all kind of possibilities in this case.

I believe I was only looking at Sprint or whatever the one someone on this forum (can't recall who) felt she/he would be using. I have no idea how these towers work.
Thanks for the info.

There's a copy of the search warrant/affidavit for the phone information somewhere on this thread. It states the carrier, and IIRC it is Sprint. But I'd have to verify to be 100% sure.

I don't know if her allegedly being a prostitute would necessarily tell us if he was involved or not. If she in fact was a prostitute was that something he was happy about? Apparently he knew all about the alleged prostitution, as she was telling him when she was supposedly meeting clients (or that is what he says).
But is that something he approved of?

If she wasn't a prostitute then that tells me the husband made it all up to point the suspect pool away from him.

I think it would be a very bizarre story to set up, considering it should be easy enough to check for the police (due to electronic trail). What kind of relationship are the husband and wife having if wife is an alleged prostitute (especially considering she is pregnant). Certainly if she is sleeping around as the husband alleges, there is a potential that the child she is expecting is not the husband's. There are all kind of possibilities in this case.

I'll have to go back and review, but I seem to recall in one of the police reports or something official that it was said she took her laptop with her that night. I wonder if the laptop was recovered by LE? Was it still in the van? I still wonder where her phone and purse are/were.

If her laptop was never located, that would certainly curtail the investigation into her online activities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back