UK - Dead body found in chimney of law firm in Derby

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Dead body of serial burglar found in CHIMNEY of a solicitors' firm in city centre (Daily Mail)
The body of a man who was found in the chimney of a solicitors firm has been identified as 42-year-old Kevin Gough.

The remains of the man, believed to be a serial burglar, were found by pest control workers in an unused part of the Victorian building at Moody and Wooley Solicitors in Derby.

Staff called a pest control company to get rid of what they thought was a pigeon, after noticing an unpleasant smell and infestation of flies in their office.

It is believed the body had been in the chimney for several weeks.
---
more, with pictures, at link above

I should have specified, "with pictures, though absolutely none of bodies in chimneys, at the link."

It's so hard to get good chimney shots! Where is Annie Leibowitz when we need her?

I am sure that I have read a similar story to this based in the US, maybe in a bank

At least one, maybe more, such incidents received the infamous Darwin Award.

One that comes to mind was a burglar who tried to gain entry to a commercial establishment by wiggling down the air vent. He got stuck in a position where he couldn't breathe and suffocated.

And we had a thread here at WS about a doctor who tried to break into her boyfriend's house through the chimney and suffocated herself.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113231&highlight=stuck+chimney

(Actually, when searching for the link above I found several other threads on corpses stuck in chimneys.)

I blame Santa Claus. People see him doing it and figure out if Santa can do it so can I, I'm much thinner than him. But they don't know that chimneys expand from the inside at Christmas time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back