The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

The video taken was a pool feed. Which means anyone can stream it.
A pool feed is distributed to members of the broadcast pool who are free to edit it or use it as they see fit.

I didn't realized it was a pool. I'm sure HLN and every other news organization that's been covering this would have been part of that pool.

The copyright would be held on the film itself, not the event. And since it was a public event and could be filmed by anyone who wanted, copyrighting any individual film would be pretty useless.

So, in other words, NG would not have any reason to pay to use the video.

So, in other words, NG would not have any reason to pay to use the video.

No. In fact, I'll bet the state AP was part of that pool as well and that means any member station/network/publication anywhere in the world could use it or parts of it.

Wouldn't it be better for the kids to have a a nice, safe playground to go to, than that swampy, trash filled lot, right next to their school? The way that lot looked when LE started would be enough to keep kids talking about the creepy place, even before KC used it as her own personal family plot. I can only imagine what the bigger kids say to the younger ones since Caylee was found there.

If it was cleared, filled with new dirt and and maybe a small garden along with some nice playground equipment; it wouldn't be the same place KC used. It would be a place of laughing children and happy voices. Someplace Caylee would have loved to go and play. Wouldn't that help the children who have to go past it everyday to heal and stop remembering the creepy place the bad lady left her baby?

While I understand some adults would have misgivings about using it, those are grown up feelings, children are so much more in the moment. It would take something bad and replace it with something good.

(bold by me)
I thought I'd get through the day without crying over this case again... but then I read this post and the waterworks are here again.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/19090460/detail.html . . . "Conway, who represents Cindy and George Anthony, said someone sympathetic to the Anthony family is working on a deal to buy the land where the Anthony's granddaughter was discovered and use it for something other than a Caylee memorial."

""They would rather have something that is a living memorial, something that children can play at," Conway said." ...
Bolded and underlined emphasis added by me, Chezhire.

I was almost tempted to break in the 'Thanks' button and use it for the first time, but this deserves so much more than just the click of a convenient button. :blowkiss:
I'm beginning to doubt the property is even sold, it seems Conway has learned the art of backwards talking from his clients.
:blowkiss:
whiteangora, you're so welcome. I'm pleased to see that the Anthonys also like the idea of a playground.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19115776/detail.html

'George Anthony also commented on the plans to turn the land where Caylee's remains were found into a memorial.

"I don't want her memorialized down the end of our street," George Anthony said. "It's hard for me to talk about that now. I haven't even been down there."

He said the family hopes to build a park where they and others can pay their respects to Caylee.'

No. In fact, I'll bet the state AP was part of that pool as well and that means any member station/network/publication anywhere in the world could use it or parts of it.

I'm curious though when the Nancy Grace shows the clip of Caylee that was shown at the public memorial, the song "Gone Too Soon" by Michael Jackson is also played. Does HLN or her show have to pay him royalties to air his music?

Keeping to the topic of this thread if the land is zoned residential but it's a wetland (frankly it looked like a ravine or a swampy area in the photos) would the land really be suitable for building any homes?

I looked at the housing prices of the neighborhoods around Hopespring DR on zillow.com so I could also look at the bird's eye view and street view of Hopespring traveling up the street to Suburban where Caylee's body was found and I was surprised at the housing prices there - what a steep decline in the prices of housing there so I wonder if the guy who owns the land on Suburban was glad to sell it and would he even get what the asking price was given the economy?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19115776/detail.html

'George Anthony also commented on the plans to turn the land where Caylee's remains were found into a memorial.

"I don't want her memorialized down the end of our street," George Anthony said. "It's hard for me to talk about that now. I haven't even been down there."
He said the family hopes to build a park where they and others can pay their respects to Caylee.'

Bolded part of quote by me...
Some how this statement from GA does not suprise me in the least as he and his wife didn't even walk around the block to search for Caylee in the begining of all of this. Hard to talk about? It's all he and CA did for 7 months on TV. I hope the property is turned into a park for the kids and neighborhood. All the folks around there have suffered and could use a nice refuge to just go with their families. JMO.

I'm curious though when the Nancy Grace shows the clip of Caylee that was shown at the public memorial, the song "Gone Too Soon" by Michael Jackson is also played. Does HLN or her show have to pay him royalties to air his music?

Keeping to the topic of this thread if the land is zoned residential but it's a wetland (frankly it looked like a ravine or a swampy area in the photos) would the land really be suitable for building any homes?

I looked at the housing prices of the neighborhoods around Hopespring DR on zillow.com so I could also look at the bird's eye view and street view of Hopespring traveling up the street to Suburban where Caylee's body was found and I was surprised at the housing prices there - what a steep decline in the prices of housing there so I wonder if the guy who owns the land on Suburban was glad to sell it and would he even get what the asking price was given the economy?

If you go back and read a bit, the point I've been trying to make is that the land probably isn't suitable for development, because we know it's in a floodplain and because it probably contains wetlands. I've also speculated that the owners were probably taking advantage of the publicity over this case to get rid of a piece of land that wasn't very salable.

There are zoning restrictions on what can be built in a floodplain. Beyond that, there are also federal regulations prohibiting damaging or removing a wetland.

If they want to put a park or botanical garden there, it looks to me like that is allowed by right. I don't know what could be done with the rest of the land since all of it isn't in a floodplain. I would imagine they could resubdivide it, carve out the floodplain area and create a park, sell off the rest for development as a new subdivision.

And of course none of us know what kind of restrictions might be included in the existing subdivision's homeowners association. If it can be resubdivided, those wouldn't apply unless there would be some provision for that land being included forever in those restrictions.

We also don't know if the parcel includes any easements or rights of way that would restrict uses.

I rode by this property/memorial last Thursday and my opinion is if there were ever wetlands, this is certainly that. I doubt seriously if anybody would be allowed to build on this property.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19199891/detail.html

"Meanwhile, the for-sale signs are down on a lot where a makeshift memorial has been set up in Caylee Anthony's honor. The Realtor listing the land will not comment."

So, either the sale is final or the seller has decided not to sell?

http://www.wesh.com/news/19199891/detail.html

"Meanwhile, the for-sale signs are down on a lot where a makeshift memorial has been set up in Caylee Anthony's honor. The Realtor listing the land will not comment."

So, either the sale is final or the seller has decided not to sell?

:waitasec: I wonder who this so called sympathetic person could be? They were against Padilla purchasing the land and someone else came in and purchased it. What I can't wait to see is the property Deed once filed. If that person paid the same or less than Padilla's offer I see a conflict here, unless that person bid on the house first. We then shall find out who this Anthony supporter is, they can't seal this record forever. Or can they?

:waitasec: I wonder who this so called sympathetic person could be? They were against Padilla purchasing the land and someone else came in and purchased it. What I can't wait to see is the property Deed once filed. If that person paid the same or less than Padilla's offer I see a conflict here, unless that person bid on the house first. We then shall find out who this Anthony supporter is, they can't seal this record forever. Or can they?

No, I don't think they can seal the record forever, but I wonder if the buyer or buyers bought the land under a corporation or LLC? I think we'll know who bought it as soon as deed is filed. It's usually visable online within 30 days after closing.

I figured when BC said it was sold it was just more BS .. :rolleyes:

Bolded part of quote by me...
Some how this statement from GA does not suprise me in the least as he and his wife didn't even walk around the block to search for Caylee in the begining of all of this. Hard to talk about? It's all he and CA did for 7 months on TV. I hope the property is turned into a park for the kids and neighborhood. All the folks around there have suffered and could use a nice refuge to just go with their families. JMO.

***bolded by moi***
So, true...that would have been the very first thing I would have been doing if I were the A's...searching EVERYTHING starting with the closest areas to me and working my way out of the neighborhood...but, that's just me.:rolleyes:

If I were able to toss a cool $90,000 or so...I'd buy the lot and place a HUGE billboard on it with a picture of Caylee with a message bubble coming out of her mouth saying, "Why didn't you look for me?" directed at the A's, of course! :furious:

Does anyone have an update on this yet? I saw a post on a private myspace blog dated 4-18 saying the poster had info that William R of NLHF and Peter B (benefactor of NLHF) bought the land. I know Peter B was behind all the original reward money with NLHF contributing. We've seen ties between NLHF and KFN. This poster seems to think that not only did they buy the land but that they are floating many expenses for the family.
Anyone have a way of looking this up and seeing if a sale has been recorded yet? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back