NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the grandmother did try. As he is the custodial parent I don't think she had many options, legally, to do anything.

Darnudes - could you please tell us where you found this piece of information relating to the grandmother - I've evidently missed a report somewhere in all the info. Thanks so much !

On JVM, Tara Servatius (local WBT talk radio host) said that on background and off the record, the word is that the only reason AB is not behind bars is because LE thinks he knows where Zahra is and they want him to help them locate her.

Also, as we've already heard, said LE is appealing to media outlets to share their footage since what players in the case say in the media is far different from what they are telling LE.

JVM reporter says "off the record" word is in the background the only reason AB is not in jail is that LE thinks he knows where she is and is hoping he leads them to the body.

I never over protected my daughter even when it was clear she was deaf.

But I do see every fever as potentially being meningitis until all the symptoms are ruled out.

amen to that one, me too.

Another thought, when the police found the ransom note and it was discovered it was not the boss's daughter - didnt anyone, especially the police, ask who lese lived in the Bakers home. I would think the police would have checked on everyone in that house. JMO

Darnudes - could you please tell us where you found this piece of information relating to the grandmother - I've evidently missed a report somewhere in all the info. Thanks so much !

I can give you a link to some comments.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=104229806311654&id=124056834314060

There have also been media reports in the Townsville Bulletin with quotes from friends and family but I don't have time to find them just now. I'll try and get them later if that's okay.

I just found this article, which gives more explanation of EB's larceny charge than I've seen anywhere else. It also indicates she *did* have a job around the beginning of this year.

http://www2.morganton.com/news/2010...igation-focuses-morganton-business-ar-453178/

"Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, was charged with obstruction of justice on Tuesday morning after she admitted to police that she wrote a ransom note found on the couple’s car Saturday. Baker is being held on that charge, along with 15 additional unrelated charges, on a total of $72,000 secured bond. One of those charges is larceny in Burke County. Courthouse records indicate Magistrate Christopher Duckworth issued a warrant for Baker’s arrest on Feb. 1 for larceny by an employee. The complainant listed is T. Campbell of the Glen Alpine Police Department. The warrant claimed Baker took a Kirby Sentra vacuum cleaner from JC and Associates, her employer at the time. Her Burke County court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1."

Thank you so much for finding this agathawannabe! It's been driving me crazy. :crazy:

Can you just picture EB in her goth attire selling vaccums door to door in her 1970 Monte Carlo? :dance:

bbm~
That disturbs me SO much..especially a child that had already almost lost her battle with life on 2 occasions. As a mother that has 'lost' 2 children, that in itself *usually* will make you super vigilant..almost to the point of obsessing about their health and well being ....

Me too. I'm a mother of a daughter of a violent crime. Along with needing to know where she is all the time.

Another thought, when the police found the ransom note and it was discovered it was not the boss's daughter - didnt anyone, especially the police, ask who lese lived in the Bakers home. I would think the police would have checked on everyone in that house. JMO

yep to both your posts on this subject. I too found that very strange. I would thinkas a matter of course during investigating and early morning suspected arson fire and finding a ransom note claiming to have a kidnapped child. It would only seem to follow that an officer would try to determine who all lived there and if everyone was safe.

That was one of my first questions when this case broke, how things went down on that intitial fire call without someone being alerted to the fact that Zahra was probably already missing.

JVM reporter says "off the record" word is in the background the only reason AB is not in jail is that LE thinks he knows where she is and is hoping he leads them to the body.

That has been my belief all along. Adam Baker doesnt seem like he would be hard to break though. What is taking them so long?? :waitasec:

On JVM, Tara Servatius (local WBT talk radio host) said that on background and off the record, the word is that the only reason AB is not behind bars is because LE thinks he knows where Zahra is and they want him to help them locate her.

Also, as we've already heard, said LE is appealing to media outlets to share their footage since what players in the case say in the media is far different from what they are telling LE.

Family and friends of EB covering for AB, perhaps - don't know why, they seem to really like this guy.

Can you direct me to the library?

Well, I listened to the 911 audio. Guy is guilty as heck, IMO. He was nonchalant but repeated their "theory" a few times, about how the fire was a likely diversion so "they" could steal his kid, who had been mistaken (yeah, in their small house, right?), for the boss' daughter.
Look, no one who discovers their kid missing is going to put all that together so quickly. They are going to be feeling white hot panic at that moment. But not Adam. He was so calm and remembered to repeat their "theory" on a few occasions. He also joked about his child who they never see who is now missing and he thinks abducted by bad guys? And he can joke and giggle? B.S. This guy is at the least, an accessory. He knows his child is dead and his only concern is for his wife and his own freedom. Sickening.

Not sure but I think she is talking about Patty G's video library.

Patty's Video Library

10 in not unusual to start puberty as I was 10 way over 50 years ago! :eek:

I agree very odd for Adam to mention it.

My almost 13 year old started getting extremely moody and emotional around that time. They actually had an opt in class during his 5th grade year about puberty and hormones and how this can affect them. I remember getting frustrated with him at times and he would tell me "It's not me mom, it's the hormones". :banghead:

agreed there is hink and stink aplenty in his behavior and statements IMO

OT although I love your avatar, how on earth am I gonna tell you apart from peliman? :)

lol pelimans avitar has better hair lol LOL im looking for a new one!

When Adam broke down in tears was this before OR after it was announced that his wife wrote the ransom note?

I think this was after the ransom note but not 100% sure. Was this after they changed her status from missing child to a homicide investigation?

I wish the reporter was more specific on which family members LE is interested in hearing the media reports since the family is not telling the truth.

Could ONE of the family members be "Ms. Brittany"?

When Z was back in Australia, wasn't there fund raisers held for her? When she was fighting cancer? Please correct me if I am wrong but I swore I read old reports linked here about fund raisers that put her in the media for her cancer.

Z's health care costs were free right. So any of that money raised would have been for her future right? Now look at the fact that Z didn't get an updated leg. She needed a free hearing aid by charity. She didn't seem to have many clothes.

It's just nagging at me that maybe one of the reasons EB was attracted to AB was the money raised. She can't keep her sticky hands off of other people's money which is why she is sitting in jail right now. I can just see that money raised for Z going straight to EB once her feet hit Australian soil and gone in 30 seconds.

Please someone sooth my thoughts and tell me I am over reacting.

Yes there were fund raisers held, also Camp Quality organised camps for her to attend and it sounds like she went to quite a few. I'm glad she went to those I bet they were some of her happiest moments.

I wish the reporter was more specific on which family members LE is interested in hearing the media reports since the family is not telling the truth.

Could the family member be "Ms. Brittany"?

Do you mean BB patty?

Yeah, kind of sounds like they checked in there as this poor child lay dying. They began concocting a story when they realized she was not going to make it. IMO.

Something in that room disturbed him from the way he says it....there's definitely a hint of disgust, and he doesn't say we checked on HER, we checked in THERE.

Something in there disgusted him, he's removing himself from her as an individual IMO, looking forward to statement analysis on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361