FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I should of saved the pic!
Why would they take it down?
Everyone knows what he looks like!
FCN is now reporting he arrived at approx. 1:20 am.

Did it look like a picture you had seen before or was it a new one?

http://http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2010-02-24/story/law_disorder_white_house_boys_class_action_suit_dismissedCLAY COUNTY

Man of interest in Somer case being brought back

Jarred Mitchell Harrell could make his initial Clay County court appearance this morning after being extradited from Mississippi to face child-*advertiser censored* charges and questions in the Somer Thompson slaying.

A three-vehicle caravan of Clay investigators and federal agents left Meridian, Miss., Tuesday morning with Harrell headed to Florida. The 24-year-old former Orange Park man had been fighting extradition since his arrest in Meridian Feb. 11 in the child-*advertiser censored* case. Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour ordered him extradited last week.

"He is gone," said Sheriff Billy Sollie of Lauderdale County, Miss.

Citing safety concerns, Clay authorities said they would not publicly discuss Harrell's travel until he is booked into the local jail. The ride from Meridian to Green Cove Spring is about nine hours. The caravan was expected in Clay late Tuesday.~snipped~

Beseler hadn't discussed evidence in that case, but a Times-Union interview with Harrell's father indicates investigators are relying in part on DNA.
Scroll down 4th story on the right

The 2 calls released 2/24/10:

Call 1:
[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=003-7.flv"]Somer Thompson :: 003-7.flv video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket[/ame]

Call 2:
[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=002-7.flv"]Somer Thompson :: 002-7.flv video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=003-7.flv"][/ame]

Mod... I can't link directly without the pic on it, so if you prefer, delete the 2 above links and use this one:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer Thompson/

Call 1:

HARRELL: hey
MOM: hey honey. how are you doing?
HARRELL: holding in there i guess.
MOM: do what?
HARRELL: i said i guess i'm holding in there.
MOM: that's good that's good. if all else fails you have lots of time on your hands just work out.
HARRELL: well (indecipherable)
MOM: you have to talk a little louder i can't hear you.
HARRELL: (indecipherable)...i literally think the stress is killing me.
MOM: trust me we've, you, would not believe everything here. we're right in there with you.
HARRELL: i know i'm sorry.
MOM: no no no, it's not, no it's not all you. trust me. it's going to get a lot uglier for them before it's over with trust me.
HARRELL: i only got like a couple minutes
MOM: that's fine, ok, do you have, ok, in the morning do you have a court appearance?
HARRELL: no, i'm still in Mississippi
MOM: i understand but you're still in booking, you're still in holding?
HARRELL: yeah, still in holding. i have to be expedited. they can take as long as 60 days.
MOM: i understand but trust me that's not necessarily a bad thing
HARRELL: i've already heard them talking they're going to come get me like the third or second of next month.
MOM: people will say a lot of things. unless you hear it from me or an appointed attorney.
HARRELL: yeah well i can't get an attorney...the bail is set at like 7-million dollars
MOM: well it's one million but anyway
HARRELL: (indecipherable)
MOM: here's what you do, you requested an attorney right?
HARRELL: i requested an attorney they never gave me one
MOM: ok, ok, here's what's going to happen. you should have a court appearance in the morning because they have to officially book you. you never even went in front of the judge yet.
HARRELL: no i haven't they haven't told me anything about it
MOM: ok, it was bad weather Friday they couldn't do it they had to postpone it till Tuesday which is not a bad thing with all the press and everything.
HARRELL: i only get one phone call
MOM: listen to me
HARRELL: ok
MOM: tell them that you want an attorney, are you going to have an attorney that you requested in the morning? cause you have to have a public defender before you go to court in the morning for your appearance.
MOM: and i'm going to call the front office and just make sure that i tell them the same thing. you need to ask them where's my attorney. the other thing is you don't get just one phone call. you can call me whenever you want to.
HARRELL: well no that wasn't their instruction.&#12288;i've been in solitary <indecipherable>
MOM: yeah well&#12288;i'm telling you different. if you want to call again then you ask&#12288;them to let you make a phone call because they're supposed to let you do that and&#12288;i will follow through on that.
HARRELL:&#12288;i've already asked them
MOM: anyway,&#12288;i will be there in the morning, you need to ask them, when is my court appearance and when do&#12288;i get to talk to my attorney. those are the two things you have to keep asking them ok?
MOM: and until then, let's see what did&#12288;mitchell say? keep your chin up, keep your mouth shut, and get an attorney.
HARRELL:&#12288;i'm trying, just don't believe anything they say
MOM: honey&#12288;i don't believe anything. trust me. the thing is that&#12288;i'm your alibi. so&#12288;i have to be real careful what&#12288;i say to anybody. we're making no comments to the news the little girl's mother's making no comments. so they're trying to pull from everything else they can and it's making them look like idiots. so the longer you're there, trust me, the better it is, it's tough&#12288;i know but just hang in there ok? and trust me we've got a whole group of people here doing everything they can on that end and that's pretty far reaching so you've just go trust me.
MOM: no trust me it's all it'll have to play out it's just time. what&#12288;i said is just, if you get bored or something, just perfect time to work out just exercise and keep your head on your shoulders.&#12288;i'm&#12288;driving through and&#12288;i'll be there in the morning.&#12288;i don't know if you'll see me but&#12288;i'll be there. but you have to ask them, when you get off the phone, you ask them do&#12288;i have a court appearance in the morning, what time and where is the attorney that&#12288;i requested? you have rights to those. definite rights to those. you have to have those. anytime you go before a judge you have to have an attorney and&#12288;i'm going to be calling them asking the same thing.

Call 2:

HARRELL: Hey
MOM: Hey
MALE: Hey buddy
MOM: Hey, let me talk to him for just a second because I only have a minute
HARRELL: Um alright, did you hear what's going on now?
MOM: No I haven't heard anything
HARRELL: OK when they originally brought me in they didn't sign any of the paperwork
MOM: they forgot to sign any of the paperwork?
HARRELL: I didn't sign a single thing when I came in. This whole time I've been here I've been arrested for nothing for no one pretty much.
MOM: so what are they doing?
HARRELL: they're still holding me for the marshals
MOM: what does that mean
HARRELL: She said that they can't legally, you know, legally...
MOM: Have you go before the judge?
HARRELL: Get me an attorney
MOM: They can't get you an attorney and they can't have you go before the judge because they didn't sign the paperwork. so you're just sitting there waiting for...
HARRELL: (indecipherable)...it's just a piece of paper with the judge's signature on it that's all it is.
MOM: well who has to sign the paperwork?
HARRELL: The arresting officers...(indecipherable)
MOM: So they let you make another phone call?
HARRELL: Yeah because they screwed up so...(indecipherable)...
MOM: That's fine. that's fine. I'm leaving after this afternoon and I'm heading that way.
HARRELL: they spawned all of their search...search and seizures and everything off of this arrest...so I don't know...(indecipherable)
MOM: and it's not even been signed?
HARRELL: no it's not signed
MOM: Unfreakinbelievable
HARRELL: They did everything off of this arrest and they couldn't even do it right.
MOM: OK alright I'm going to be headed that way.
HARRELL: alright well I don't know what to do i'll just wait.
MOM: no that's all you can do baby. you're just going to have to sit there let it play out and just let me take care of it.
HARRELL: alright
MOM: alright I love you, by

Harrell made his first court appearance about 8 a.m. His bond was set at $1 million and his arraignment set for March 10, 2010.

I just got an image of Jennifer Bauer driving around in circles between MS and FL ...

I guess I'll really head to bed this time. Once again, the Great Pumpkin did not show.

LOL I think you called it when you said he was probly not in that caravan we seen yesterday morning. I think us and the media got the real "smoke and mirrors" show!

22655753_640X360.jpg

Harrell made his first court appearance via closed-circuit television about 8 a.m. After a brief hearing, Harrell's bond was set at $1 million and his arraignment set for March 10.

Harrell, 24, who is facing 29 counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*, was held in jail in Lauderdale County, Miss., since his arrest by federal agents two weeks ago. He was released to Clay County deputies on Tuesday morning and was booked into the Clay County jail early Wednesday morning.

The court appearance lasted only a few minutes and Harrell said little during the hearing. When asked if he understood the charges against him, Harrell said, "Yes, sir."

snip

During the brief hearing, Ann D of the Justice Coalition texted Somer's mother, Deana T, with updates.

LOL I think you called it when you said he was probly not in that caravan we seen yesterday morning. I think us and the media got the real "smoke and mirrors" show!

Could be - but the same truck and 2 cars that left Miss drove into the FL jail entrance last night.

ALL of the articles I've read go on about him being a POI in Somer's death. Mention of the actual charges seem to be almost an afterthought.

I really hope CCSO has their ducks in a row here...

The 2 calls released 2/24/10:

Call 1:
Somer Thompson :: 003-7.flv video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

Call 2:
Somer Thompson :: 002-7.flv video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...Somer Thompson/?action=view&current=003-7.flv

Mod... I can't link directly without the pic on it, so if you prefer, delete the 2 above links and use this one:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer Thompson/

Call 1:

HARRELL: hey
MOM: hey honey. how are you doing?
HARRELL: holding in there&#12288;i guess.
MOM: do what?
HARRELL:&#12288;i said&#12288;i guess&#12288;i'm holding in there.
MOM: that's good that's good. if all else fails you have lots of time on your hands just work out.
HARRELL: well (indecipherable)
MOM: you have to talk a little louder&#12288;i can't hear you.
HARRELL: (indecipherable)...i&#12288;literally think the stress is killing me.
MOM: trust me we've, you, would not believe everything here. we're right in there with you.
HARRELL:&#12288;i know&#12288;i'm sorry.
MOM: no&#12288;no no, it's not, no it's not all you. trust me. it's going to get&#12288;a lot uglier for them before it's over with trust me.
HARRELL:&#12288;i only got like a couple minutes
MOM: that's fine, ok, do you have, ok, in the morning do you have a court appearance?
HARRELL: no,&#12288;i'm still in Mississippi
MOM:&#12288;i understand but you're still in booking, you're still in holding?
HARRELL: yeah, still in holding.&#12288;i have to be expedited. they can take as long as 60 days.
MOM:&#12288;i understand but trust me that's not&#12288;necessarily a bad thing
HARRELL:&#12288;i've already heard them talking they're going to come get me like the third or second of next month.
MOM: people will say a lot of things. unless you hear it from me or an&#12288;appointed attorney.
HARRELL: yeah well&#12288;i can't get an attorney...the bail is set at like 7-million dollars
MOM: well it's one million but anyway
MOM: here's what you do, you requested an attorney right?
HARRELL:&#12288;i requested an attorney they never gave me one
MOM: ok, ok, here's what's going to happen. you should have a court appearance in the morning because they have to officially book you. you never even went in front of the judge yet.
HARRELL: no&#12288;i haven't they haven't told me anything about it
MOM: ok, it was bad weather&#12288;Friday they couldn't do it they had to postpone it till&#12288;Tuesday which is not a bad thing with all the press and everything.
HARRELL:&#12288;i only get one phone call
MOM: listen to me
MOM: tell them that you want an attorney, are you going to have an attorney that you requested in the morning? cause you have to have a public defender before you go to court in the morning for your appearance.
MOM: and&#12288;i'm going to call the front office and just make sure that&#12288;i tell them the same thing. you need to ask them where's my attorney. the other thing is you don't get just one phone call. you can call me whenever you want to.
HARRELL: well no that wasn't their instruction.&#12288;i've been in solitary <indecipherable>
MOM: yeah well&#12288;i'm telling you different. if you want to call again then you ask&#12288;them to let you make a phone call because they're supposed to let you do that and&#12288;i will follow through on that.
HARRELL:&#12288;i've already asked them
MOM: anyway,&#12288;i will be there in the morning, you need to ask them, when is my court appearance and when do&#12288;i get to talk to my attorney. those are the two things you have to keep asking them ok?
MOM: and until then, let's see what did&#12288;mitchell say? keep your chin up, keep your mouth shut, and get an attorney.
HARRELL:&#12288;i'm trying, just don't believe anything they say
MOM: honey&#12288;i don't believe anything. trust me. the thing is that&#12288;i'm your alibi. so&#12288;i have to be real careful what&#12288;i say to anybody. we're making no comments to the news the little girl's mother's making no comments. so they're trying to pull from everything else they can and it's making them look like idiots. so the longer you're there, trust me, the better it is, it's tough&#12288;i know but just hang in there ok? and trust me we've got a whole group of people here doing everything they can on that end and that's pretty far reaching so you've just go trust me.
MOM: no trust me it's all it'll have to play out it's just time. what&#12288;i said is just, if you get bored or something, just perfect time to work out just exercise and keep your head on your shoulders.&#12288;i'm&#12288;driving through and&#12288;i'll be there in the morning.&#12288;i don't know if you'll see me but&#12288;i'll be there. but you have to ask them, when you get off the phone, you ask them do&#12288;i have a court appearance in the morning, what time and where is the attorney that&#12288;i requested? you have rights to those. definite rights to those. you have to have those. anytime you go before a judge you have to have an attorney and&#12288;i'm going to be calling them asking the same thing.

Call 2:

HARRELL: Hey
MOM: Hey
MALE: Hey buddy
MOM: Hey, let me talk to him for just a second because I only have a minute
HARRELL: Um alright, did you hear what's going on now?
MOM: No I haven't heard anything
HARRELL: OK when they originally brought me in they didn't sign any of the paperwork
MOM: they forgot to sign any of the paperwork?
HARRELL: I didn't sign a single thing when I came in. This whole time I've been here I've been arrested for nothing for no one pretty much.
MOM: so what are they doing?
HARRELL: they're still holding me for the marshals
MOM: what does that mean
HARRELL: She said that they can't legally, you know, legally...
MOM: Have you go before the judge?
HARRELL: Get me an attorney
MOM: They can't get you an attorney and they can't have you go before the judge because they didn't sign the paperwork. so you're just sitting there waiting for...
HARRELL: (indecipherable)...it's just a piece of paper with the judge's signature on it that's all it is.
MOM: well who has to sign the paperwork?
HARRELL: The arresting officers...(indecipherable)
MOM: So they let you make another phone call?
HARRELL: Yeah because they screwed up so...(indecipherable)...
MOM: That's fine. that's fine. I'm leaving after this afternoon and I'm heading that way.
HARRELL: they spawned all of their search...search and seizures and everything off of this arrest...so I don't know...(indecipherable)
MOM: and it's not even been signed?
HARRELL: no it's not signed
MOM: Unfreakinbelievable
HARRELL: They did everything off of this arrest and they couldn't even do it right.
MOM: OK alright I'm going to be headed that way.
HARRELL: alright well I don't know what to do i'll just wait.
MOM: no that's all you can do baby. you're just going to have to sit there let it play out and just let me take care of it.
HARRELL: alright
MOM: alright I love you, by

Is it just me, or does it sound like mom and Jarrell are already looking for a loophole?

Why does Annis say "I'm your alibi."

Is she going to say Jarred lived with her THAT night? If so, then why would he have been seen at the Gano house during the same time frame. He had no job in Orange Park, or nearby. He'd been kicked out of the apartment he was sent to as a favor to his family when General and Annis decided he "needed to grow up".

Mom and General had moved to Callahan to a rented mobile home. That is about 40-50 minutes away.

Maybe she's going to come up with a story... "I sent Jarred to OP to bring back ___ or move ___ or do ___ to the house"???

This mom let a man "marry" her 8 yr old daughter, so maybe she see's no problem cooking up an alibi for her child *advertiser censored* loving son. I do not like to judge anyone without good reason, and I do feel bad for what the families of monsters like this have to go through, they may be blamed and looked down upon just as much as the criminal, even though they may have no knowledge of what the perp did, and I am sure that they go through a lot of pain and denial and heartache. However in this case, and with what we know of A.M, I have to wonder what JH was taught growing up to be acceptable behavior and limits. His sister was only 8 yrs old and his step dad was waiting on word from "God" to see if he should consummate the "marriage" .

Why does Annis say "I'm your alibi."

Is she going to say Jarred lived with her THAT night? If so, then why would he have been seen at the Gano house during the same time frame. He had no job in Orange Park, or nearby. He'd been kicked out of the apartment he was sent to as a favor to his family when General and Annis decided he "needed to grow up".

Mom and General had moved to Callahan to a rented mobile home. That is about 40-50 minutes away.

Maybe she's going to come up with a story... "I sent Jarred to OP to bring back ___ or move ___ or do ___ to the house"???
her alibi is going to pop a flat tire if her son's dna comes up on Somer's body or at the crime scene, won't it?!

I don't believe the bit about them not have signing paperwork or him not being given a lawyer when he had asked.

I don't want to anyway.

I don't believe the bit about them not have signing paperwork or him not being given a lawyer when he had asked.

I don't want to anyway.

I think they were just putting him at ease for when he made the phone call. Maybe he would slip up thinking the arrest was illegal.

It sounds like someone was giving him a lot of misinformation.

I don't want to anyway.

I was thinking along the same lines. JH had no attorney when he was talking to his mom so how would he get that information, unless he was purposely told or allowed to over hear it.

Wonder if this was a ploy by Le to make him feel a little more at ease?

I don't want to believe they made a big mistake like that in such a high profile case. Please noooo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong