GUILTY KS - Jennifer Heckel, 27, murdered by mistake, Hutchinson, 14 June 2011

Yep, in my experience (not being a criminal, but following these cases :crazy: ), LE only says this when they suspect the husband (regardless if they have publicly stated this or not).

Yes, most times this is the equivalent of "we know who did it but can't prove it yet". If they are wrong, woe to the neighbors and the police, however...

I hope they catch who did this .
Could be an ex of hers or her husbands and even a current flame .
To do this at all is bad enough but with a child in the house ? even worse .

If it wasn't rape or robbery what's left?
Jealousy is ugly and mean and this was a VERY mean crime .
RIP

If it wasn't rape or robbery what's left?
Jealousy is ugly and mean and this was a VERY mean crime .
RIP

And, add to the fact LE said it's not random, don't be concerned. Obviously this is personal (they think).

Maybe it's someone from the husband's past too - exgirlfriend/wife/stalker. The poor child. I can't imagine having a child see something like that.

Aside from the husband, possibly a disgruntled co-worker?

Getting kind of concerned about this case. Too quiet. KBI usually solves 'em though.

That's why I was just checking back on this case
Still nothing WOW
I hope LE is just being tight lipped and has a suspect .
How sad

Who is the son's biological father? Where is he in all this? I wish they would release a little more information, if nothing else it would draw more media attention to do so. This is a terrible crime.

Police continue to investigate Hutchinson woman's death

By Darcy Gray - The Hutchinson News - dgray@hutchnews.com
A cigarette butt found outside of the home. Bullet fragments.
Video surveillance footage from Hutchinson convenience stores and businesses.
These items are among the pieces of evidence Hutchinson police have pored over as they continue to investigate the June 14 death of Jennifer R. Heckel, who was at home with her 5-year-old son when an unknown assailant shot her twice.
Police have released new information to The News on the city’s first homicide case this year, including what might help solve the case and what has led officers to a dead end.
The death of the 27-year-old mother has frustrated investigators, who were left without a clear lead and are still working to identify a suspect and motive.
Hutchinson Police Capt. Troy Hoover is optimistic forensic testing in the case could turn up a solid lead, although the Kansas Bureau of Investigation has given no timeline of when the testing will be completed.

http://hutchnews.com/News/Police-continue-to-investigate-Hutchinson-woman-s-death

Still drumming my fingers over this case; it seems so solvable. Yet between the seems and the solving lies much work and, we hope, a little luck into the bargain. It hasn't been long, but I want an arrest, like, yesterday!

Monday would have been her 28th birthday. Now friends and supporters of Jennifer Heckel, a young mother murdered in Hutchinson, want to give a huge gift to whoever helps them find her killer.

Police have said tips from the public will be crucial in helping them solve Jenny’s murder. Monday, the reward for information nearly doubled as her supporters upped the reward from $6,000 to $11,000.
---
“The longer it takes, the more difficult it is for the police, her family, her friends that loved her,” said [friend Kim] Kempkes.
---
(more, with video, at KSN link below)

Fundraising efforts nearly double reward for mom's unsolved murder

---
The Reno County Assistant District Attorney Stephen Maxwell tell us no one has been arrested for Heckel's death. However, he wouldn't say whether any arrests have been made in connection with her murder.
---
Wait. What?

It would be nice if this were explained, as it's not in the article. Perhaps someone is in jail now who might have info, I guess.

Still no arrests for death of Jennifer Heckel (kwch.com)

If it is a contract killing, I would be suspicious of the ex husband, the little boys father, as he allowed the child to live. Just wondering where her son is now? With his father, step father, grand parents? That may tell us something?

Aha! Perhaps we're getting someplace....

Three charged in Hutch lead to questions about Jennifer Heckel's murder
Three Hutchinson residents are formally charged with conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery sometime in June. That was the same month 27-year-old Jennifer Heckel was found dead inside her home. Hutchinson police and the Reno County Attorney's Office will not confirm or deny whether the two cases are connected.

Last week, several people contacted Eyewitness News about the arrests of Matthew Barnes, Kylie Hartman and Jason Casanova saying they were connected with the Heckel murder. Many thought that because the three were being held on high bonds for the specific charge. Barnes is being held on a $500,000 bond. Hartman and Casanova are each being held on a $150,000 bond.
---
the rest at kwch.com link above

But nothing was stolen from the house, right? Color me confused.

But nothing was stolen from the house, right? Color me confused.

You're right, I think. However, the charges against the trio are for conspiracy to commit, not for the act itself - I think some are working under the assumption that they chose a particular person's residence, but then went to the wrong location. When it turned
out to be occupied, someone fired the weapon, killing the occupant (why destroy the weapon if it was not used?) and then fled without stealing anything.

From the Hutchinson News:

The complaints against the three offer more details and state the “following overt acts were committed by one or more co-conspirators in furtherance of the conspiracy”:

* “One of the co-conspirators drove two others to the location where they believed the intended victim lived”;

* “One of the co-conspirators armed themselves with a handgun”;

* “One of the co-conspirators hid or destroyed the handgun after the failed aggravated robbery”;

* “One of the co-conspirators entered into the residence that they believed was occupied by the alleged victim.”

http://bit.ly/pGLeqj

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back