GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

The thing is that if she was picked up by a SO, she could still be alive with him as sometimes they keep their victims a couple of days. If this were my kid, I'd start beating on every door in that small town like a mad woman.

She was marked as absent at 8:15 but an actual call to her parents was not made until 12:00PM.

Schools have to wait for an hour or so to make sure the child is not just tardy or perhaps arriving late from a dentist/doctor's appointment. They also wait to see if a parent contacts the school to tell them the child will be absent for the day. My kid's school calls by 10 am according to their published info.....I don't know if that is always accomplished, as I have only been called one time when my son was absent for a sports event and they "forgot" to cross check the pre-approved activities list that day!!!

Is there a link to watch the presser on-line?

The thing is that if she was picked up by a SO, she could still be alive with him as sometimes they keep their victims a couple of days. If this were my kid, I'd start beating on every door in that small town like a mad woman.

LE did go door to door initially. But as we all know, it's still possible to hide a child.

How many kids could this school possibly have, that they could not call home by 9am on all kids who are not in school?

Bio dad never knew about her? Is that what I just heard?

Yes, definitely! They said the mother and stepfather haven't let the biodad know that Kerra is missing because he might not even know about her. They also said a while later that mom and stepfather married for 2 years.

I wonder if the other witnesses are children, i.e. Kyron Horman case. There were kids who seemed to have seen Kyron after TH left, although that info was never really taken as fact. Perhaps these were children who say they saw her at Subway. I can't imagine a teacher seeing her go over there and not questioning it.

Media briefing scheduled for 6pm
The Nebraska State Patrol has scheduled a 6 p.m. press briefing to update reporters on the latest information concerning missing 8-year-old Karee Wilson.

KNEB will be at the press briefing and will be posting the latest information as it happens tonight.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=cxtx8xzx

Published Thursday September 22, 2011

(not sure if this was posted...still catching up)

The search for a missing 8-year-old girl expanded Thursday beyond this small town, where the girl was last seen.

Investigators canvassed the town of Mitchell a second time. They also focused on areas in and around Mitchell, Morrill and county canals and rivers.

“We know she did not enter the school,'' Bartling said.

The State Patrol did not issue an Amber Alert, in part because it had no evidence that the girl was abducted.

Bartling said authorities had not found any witnesses who saw Kerra get into a vehicle or walk away from the school.

She said family members have been interviewed and “completely cooperative.” They included her biological father and stepfather.

The State Patrol has used its airplane and helicopter. Local authorities used a search dog.

Officials are discouraging unofficial searches by citizens.

“I understand the frustration,” Scotts Bluff County Attorney Doug Warner said, saying that he knows efforts to put together search teams are well intentioned. “However, it is not preferred.”

A local citizen has put together a reward fund.

More at link:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110922/NEWS97/110929904/4

I wonder if the other witnesses are children, i.e. Kyron Horman case. There were kids who seemed to have seen Kyron after TH left, although that info was never really taken as fact. Perhaps these were children who say they saw her at Subway. I can't imagine a teacher seeing her go over there and not questioning it.

I hope it is some one very credible. If it was an adult who did not know her then it could be mistaken identity. Lots of 8 yr olds look alike. I hope this is a real and accurate sighting. Otherwise we are going to start off on the wrong track altogether.

It just seems so odd that if she only had 5 minutes before the bell was going to ring, that she would leave the campus and go across the street. It makes me wonder if she was being bullied by the kids and that is why she did not want to wait at school. imoo

On NG they did have "Waiting on presser" at the bottom and it has been gone for a while, so maybe presser is postponed?

As far as this whole thing on NG about not taking her in the door,when I was in 3rd grade albeit 30 years ago we had to stay outside til we were lined up and taken in. I am from a small town of 8600. Besides that I walked to school as I lived very close by. Today in the next town over you have to walk from 2 miles away and after 6th grade there are no buses period. They (the school) hate our town for providing buses because it makes them look cheap. anyway I have blogged this case and am glad the FBI is involved as I'm quite sure this is over NE heads. IMO

I wish we knew how confirmed this Subway bit is...NG said it as a fact, yet I have not heard LE say anything other than that her relatives were the last to see her.

How many kids could this school possibly have, that they could not call home by 9am on all kids who are not in school?

There are more students at our school than there are residents in her entire town. The secretary, school nurse, or an office volunteer calls within one hour if a student is absent and a parent hasn't called in. I'm not throwing stones by any means, just wanted to say from experience that it CAN be done. I wish it would have been done in this case, it might have made a difference...but here's hoping she'll be home safe very soon.

Is this right across the street from the subway.

Here is a view of where Subway is in relation to the school and the north parking lot.

Attachments

• View of Subway School and North parking lot.png
    View of Subway School and North parking lot.png
    608.2 KB · Views: 33

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members