Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, seeing that JB is so quick to yell "Privacy Agreement" and seems so worried about what everyone could say, you'd think he would have been ok with a gag order early on. Don't ya think?

Of course not only when it applies to JB and his client does it count:crazy: If he would of went along with the gag order no Gerald and no money. Oh and there is that trying to through that reasonible doubt which worked rather well dont ya think:rolleyes:

I thought he did acknowledge that there was something "off".
He did say that. He said he knew IMMEDIATELY that something was off but when I asked if he could expand, alas, he could not...so maybe he DID see something worth testifying about...:waitasec:

I doubt it.

Gorgeous hadn't been home in a month, and she walks in the door to her adoring Fan Club and her Dear Attorney. I doubt TP spent more than a minute in a tete-a-tete with her - Cindy would have been monopolizing the conversation, George would have been basking in her mere presence, and Jose wouldn't have allowed it.

TP deals with some rough characters. Since she didn't actually spit in his face and kick him in the family jewels (yet), he probably took that as a sign of respect.

Welcome Numbers!!! ...and FUNNY post!

ZsaZsa,

When first meeting KC, do you think Tony should have known immediately that KC was a sociopath, and she was just acting or do you think when confronted with the particular question of what KC was like, he should've provided a composite of all the thoughts he was to later acquire?

Usually when LE questions someone about a particular moment in time, they're seeking exactly that person's impression of that moment in time, not some response from out in that person's future.

For Tony to characterize KC as being something other than what she revealed to him during that initial time period would technically be lying about that moment in time.

If that's the way KC presented herself, then that's the truth whether any of us like it or not.

It sounds to me like Tony came to see the real KC, so for me, I don't have a beef with that.

While I don't know that I agree with Zsa Zsa's take on this, I was one of those that heartily disagreed with TP and LP bailing her out of jail in the first place and questioned (or tried to) why, with the information in the public at that time), they had come to a completely opposite conclusion of her direct involvement in this case than most of the general public following the case.

LP, at least, felt she was innocent of any wrong doing and TP went along with him to post her bail.

Both, to me, should have been better at reading the evidence at that time and the personalities. I am sure that both have dealt with their fair share of whatever KC is (psycopath, sociopath, narsisist, all of the above, whatever). It is TPs job to be able to decide if people are worthy of bonding out and trustworthy enough to not skip on the bail. LPs job is to track down those that do skip.

It is true that a bail bonds persons job is simply to bail people out of jail and make sure that they show up to court. So TP could have bailed her out regardless of what anyone else thought about the case. Since no one else was stepping up to post her bond, he had every right to do so as long as someone else put up the 10% even if it turned out to be a bad move on his part.

LP (who I have come to really like even when I think he is FOS) put up money that could not be secured by the As and I would have expected him to do his homework more fully before putting that kind of money on the line. So to me he was hotdogging it from the first but that is LP.

Bailing her out so that they could find Caylee, turned out to be a big mistake (IMO) and added nothing to this case whatsoever. Of course, simply being the person who bailed her out would have had the same effect without the drama.

So to make a very long post short......I do think that LP and TP should have been able to see KC for what she was from the first. It is their job to be able to read people and go with their gut instincts. Short of that, then a little research on the case before putting up the money would have been advisable.

One last comment, if anyone else had put up the bail money and not had someone like LP standing over her all the time, I think that she would have fled and the As would have helped her. edited to add before someone tells me that someone else did bond her out.....I believe that by then JB had convinced her that she could win and would go free so she wasn't going anywhere.

Edited one more time to add....my gut instincts told me that she was responsible for Caylee's disappearance the first time I saw this on TV. I am not psychic or a bail bondsman or bounty hunter and I knew. I could look at her and tell. They should have better instincts than I have since this is their job. IMO of course.

Sorry so long and sorry also for rambling.

It seems that some of our fellow posters are truly offended and outraged that Tony made the observation that Casey was a nice girl. Why is that? We all know that Casey can be VERY nice when she wants to be so why the storm over Tony noting this fact? I for one, as some others have stated, believe that if she was JUST out of jail and busily preparing dinner for the man and smiling and being as charming as she possibly could that we should examine that for what it says in light of the situation.

To me, having this side of the story revealed tells me some things.
1) Casey is a VERY self-serving girl and will put on her very best face for someone who can HELP her.
2) Casey is a very shallow girl, if, having been incarcerated for over a month and her daughter, her two year old daughter, still MISSING and unaccounted for, she is flitting around to please yet ANOTHER man.
3) Casey is a serious con, and a crafty girl and CAN be very charming and gracious when it is of benefit to herself.
4.) Casey is no fool, and putting on her prettiest smile for the man who gave her freedom back at a half a million dollars bond was the ONLY choice in her mind.
5.) Casey could care less about Caylee and loves ONLY herself.

I for one am happy that Tony has honestly shared the situation with us, exactly as it happened and how he saw it at the time, because we can learn something more about Casey from this information.:woohoo:

Yes, all of the above. As I said before, TP was duped by a sociopath.
So was LP, although he was soon able to figure that out. I guess she didn't fawn all over LP the way she did over TP. No mac n cheese or flirting with Lenny...

Yes, all of the above. As I said before, TP was duped by a sociopath.
So was LP, although he was soon able to figure that out. I guess she didn't fawn all over LP the way she did over TP. No mac n cheese or flirting with Lenny...

I am not so sure he was duped as much as he was just stating the facts of the way she behaved around him. Her treatment of HIM was nice and courteous and respectful I am sure, and so he simply states this as the case. Later though, he lets us know, he believes something is seriously wrong there, but will not further explain so we can assume, although he said she was a nice girl, that he knows something more beyond that that he is simply unable to discuss currently. I wonder if his attorney has not advised him not even to come back and talk to us again after the Today Show revelations, as Jose and co. will be out for blood so to speak.

Anyhow, I am also as certain, like you, that she did not behave nearly as nicely to Leonard Padilla, as he is old enough to be her great grandfather probably and she just doesn't "roll that way"...but an attractive bondsmen who has her out on a half a million? He would be her new Best Friend...:cool:

But if their is no original then the keeper of the original is going to have heap big trouble trying to explain all of this away. The original is going to have to have the notary seal on BOTH signatures on that same page for it to be legit, so I guess we will have to see what JB comes up with.

Jose probably did that on purpose just to cause more of a stir...what are the odds of that anyway?

Actually he could scan the document in and then make a copy and cut the signature from the copy to paste into his handiwork, thereby not damaging the original in any way.:)

The motion was dated July 16th.

I dunno.. Gonzales is an awfully common name in FL, TX, AZ, and CA. Really. The odds of a notary so named are pretty good.

Maybe I'm just jaded or something (not) but I am like most people watching TV at that point who when they heard LP and TP were going to bond her out, said WHAAAAT are you serious? Remember Lenny was all over the news/Nancy Grace show saying he would get the truth out of her once she was home, he didn't believe she would harm her child, although he was at a loss to explain all her lies and deception,yadayada....
It took him a couple of hours at close quarters to see that he had been bamboozled by one of the best. She has been doing it all her life.

If she had been a 21 yr old black guy from the 'hood they would not have touched this case with a ten foot pole.

"Something off"- now that's funny - that deserves the award for understatement of the year...lol

ZsaZsa,
It goes hand in hand with folks thinking a Young, pretty Mother wouldn't do such a thing. And why such persons don't get the DP.

It takes some folks a long time to wrap the mind around the possiblity that it could happen, before they could even consider if 'this' person might do so.

Maybe I'm just jaded or something (not) but I am like most people watching TV at that point who when they heard LP and TP were going to bond her out, said WHAAAAT are you serious? Remember Lenny was all over the news/Nancy Grace show saying he would get the truth out of her once she was home, he didn't believe she would harm her child, although he was at a loss to explain all her lies and deception,yadayada....
It took him a couple of hours at close quarters to see that he had been bamboozled by one of the best. She has been doing it all her life.

If she had been a 21 yr old black guy from the 'hood they would not have touched this case with a ten foot pole.

"Something off"- now that's funny - that deserves the award for understatement of the year...lol

DUPED? So, did he invest money with KC? Nooooooo. Is he interviewing convent candidates for a living? Noooooooo.

TL is a bail bondsman. It's was his job to see that KC didn't rabbit. He did his job.

KC was well-behaved in their brief interaction. He can't say she WASN'T.

He might bond out black guys from the hood, in Sacto, every day. We have no idea.

LP thought he could find Caylee. He found out otherwise. It happens to people in any branch of LE. The ones you thought were good, turn out to be bad, and vice versa.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

DUPED? So, did he invest money with KC? Nooooooo. Is he interviewing convent candidates for a living? Noooooooo.

TL is a bail bondsman. It's was his job to see that KC didn't rabbit. He did his job.

He might bond out black guys from the hood, in Sacto, every day. We have no idea.

LP thought he could find Caylee. He found out otherwise. It happens to people in any branch of LE. The ones you thought were good, turn out to be bad, and vice versa.

Maybe the fuss is because it took some publicity hunting bailbondsmen from Cali to come all the way to FL to help the damsel in distress...because no Florida bondsmen would touch her with a ten foot pole. Only after they got here and were "duped" as they claim by JB who would not let his client sing like a canary, did they decide oops, we need a do over. Not that she would have sang anyway. IIRC, TP was on his way back to Cali right along with LP when they decided to jump ship. If he thought KC was such a great person, he could have posted the bond on his own, with out LP.

I am not trying to be snarky at all. I just truly, truly do not get TP and his high regards for all of the As and KC.

Tony's favorable remarks about Casey show a lack of ill will toward her--which, in turn, lends some further credibility to his claim that JB has not produced the document TP signed. In other words, it somewhat proves that Tony is not anti-Defense or pro-prosecution.

I'm not saying this is the reason for his favorable remarks re KC, I'm just passing along an observation.

Yep! He's a bail bondsman, not LE.

His issue was making sure KC didn't vanish. That's it.

Yep. The judge was pretty clear about this. It has not been addressed previously and IF the privacy agreement "held water" so to speak, then JB would have been kicking up his heels LONG before now...Horse is already out of the stall...is that the euphanism the judge used? And he also said something to the effect of why should HE be bound by that document, it was a matter for CIVIL COURT...

You are very pale and you have no eyelashes!:eek:

Tony, if you come back, we apologize for the bombardment...we needed to stretch our minds and you provided the equipment!:blowkiss:

My skin is that color. We are "very fair," not pale. I have GREAT eyelashes. I buy them at the beauty supply place. Individual "permanents.";-)

Maybe the fuss is because it took some publicity hunting bailbondsmen from Cali to come all the way to FL to help the damsel in distress...because no Florida bondsmen would touch her with a ten foot pole. Only after they got here and were "duped" as they claim by JB who would not let his client sing like a canary, did they decide oops, we need a do over. Not that she would have sang anyway. IIRC, TP was on his way back to Cali right along with LP when they decided to jump ship. If he thought KC was such a great person, he could have posted the bond on his own, with out LP.

I am not trying to be snarky at all. I just truly, truly do not get TP and his high regards for all of the As and KC.
bolding mine......I agree totally.

Yes, he invested a considerable amount of money on Casey. $50,000 up front IIRC and a $500,000 bond at risk if she fled.
And then of course withdrew it when they found out what she was really like.

He probably does bond out guys from the 'hood every day. that's how he makes his living.He doesn't fly across the country to do it and set up camp in their homes though, does he?
Of COURSE KC was well behaved in her interaction with TP... that is my point- she manipulates every situation to fit her needs $$$ or otherwise.
I don't see that I am "making a fuss" but I am rather incredulous that he still seems to feel warmly about her.. it's beyond me.
Even if I had believed in KC to start with, as he seems to have- once I had that "lightbulb moment" he mentions, my sentiments would irreversibly change at that point.

He didn't say she was "a great person." He discussed her behavior with him, which was very good. He also said there was "something off." He also discussed the A's behavior with him, and allowed that both were likely affected by the fact the he got her "hiney" out of jail.

If we want to discuss publicity seeking, we have to look at pretty much all the players.. the lawyers, the pro bone experts.... How about the talking heads on TV? The interviewers...

LP thought he could find the baby. He brought his nephew to bond KC out. He found out otherwise. It happens.

I'm sure both were interested in the publicity. There's a big hwy sign near my house, advertising a bail bondsman.

Here's an example. I was advised, before I took a case, that the patient was extremely hard to work with. Every nurse said so.

No job is to do my job, and not make personal judgements.

With me, she was an angel.

So, all I can say is that with me, she was an angel. I have no other experience to cite. I can't even say there was "something off."

Another terminal patient was covered with prison tats. His sons were gang members.

The big, scary sons helped me turn the patient, and asked me to teach them the workings of the medical equipment.

They were GREAT! With me.

I think, bail bondsmen are likely to be pretty neutral with their cases (I don't know the term, in that industry). Not pro or anti defense. I don't know that, for sure, but that's my guess.

Like nurses-- we are supposed to shelve our personal opinions on a case. It's not relevant to the case.

He probably does bond out guys from the 'hood every day. that's how he makes his living.He doesn't fly across the country to do it and set up camp in their homes though, does he?
Of COURSE KC was well behaved in her interaction with TP... that is my point- she manipulates every situation to fit her needs $$$ or otherwise.
I don't see that I am "making a fuss" but I am rather incredulous that he still seems to feel warmly about her.. it's beyond me.
Even if I had believed in KC to start with, as he seems to have- once I had that "lightbulb moment" he mentions, my sentiments would irreversibly change at that point.

No, he doesn't. Neither do any of the people on KC's defense team. LP thought he could find the baby. That's why they were there. He was mistaken. It happens.

I feel warmly about the house full of gangsters-- sons of the dying ex-con father. This because of their behavior with me. Period. They prolly do a ton of manipulating, in their "situations" too.

Yes, he invested a considerable amount of money on Casey. $50,000 up front IIRC and a $500,000 bond at risk if she fled.
And then of course withdrew it when they found out what she was really like.

That's what bail bondsmen do.

Not a single one of them has worked with Mother Theresa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam