GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably get those tags edited to remove the RSO who wasn't responsible here. Not that I particularly feel any sort of protectiveness over these dudes, but we should let the actual who murdered Hailey get all the blame. :furious:

I followed different chains of friends and families in this area on FB last night. I saw where people were telling their friends things like "There is a creepy guy who drives a gold ranger a block from you, go see if his car is there". People immediately took to the streets once the Amber Alert was out.

I really have to wonder if the Amber Alert hadn't been delayed what kind of outcome we could have had. This community was ready and willing to find her...They were just notified too late.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I followed different chains of friends and families in this area on FB last night. I saw where people were telling their friends things like "There is a creepy guy who drives a gold ranger a block from you, go see if his car is there". People immediately took to the streets once the Amber Alert was out.

I really have to wonder if the Amber Alert hadn't been delayed what kind of outcome we could have had. This community was ready and willing to find her...They were just notified too late.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Agreed. So frustrating. How often does it happen in a random abduction that we have not only a clear description of the vehicle, but a flippin plate number too?! :banghead:

Oh my god, I cannot believe with the quality of eyewitness information, and how fast they called 911, that this guy wasn't caught before something happened.

In addition to Hailey and her loved ones, I am thinking of the couple who who did everything right when they witnessed this. Quick action, with so much info given to LE.... Their hearts must be so heavy this morning too. :(

Video Interview of witness describing abduction below:

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20140219/NEWS01/302190051/

Witness to abduction said he had been there since 3:30 PM and had seen the suspect drive up and down street at least 4-5 times.

Wonder whether suspect was trolling or had seen Hailey go into her friend's home and was waiting for her to walk back to her own.

Oh no :( Grateful they caught the sick, twisted, pathetic waste of space who did this. Thoughts with Haileys family and loved ones.

RIP sweetie :rose:

My hearts and prayers go out to Hailey's family and friends and to all that loved her. May she rest in peace.

I have a young daughter. Kissed and hugged her more than my usual amount this morning. I can't imagine the pain that her parents are going through.

Well, I have been staring at this screen and reading and listening to things for hours, hoping and praying for a happy ending... it's all so frustrating and annoying and disgusting and heart-wrenching. Oh that poor little girl and her family, I just can't imagine, can't even comprehend what they are feeling, much less what compels people to do such things... If I had kids I'd hug them and tell them how much I love them, I will hug my cat instead, she's learning to accept my hugging and squeezing. I will also ensure that I call my Parents in the morning (err, it's already morning) and tell them how much I love them. Time for a nap, take care everyone.

so sad this morning. prayers going to her family and friends. these perps need harsher punishment until then they will continue to think it is okay.

Comments section
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/breaking-news-man-charged-with-murder-in-case-of-missing-springfield-girl/21048998_24555750

ETA: comments just removed.
Not sure if I can say what they were commenting on

I think I know what you're talking about. At KY3's Facebook page, if you read the comments under the article from an hour ago with his mug shot ("Breaking News: Man charged with murder in case of missing Springfield girl"), there is some interesting info (rumor at this point) about him.

Oh no. :(

I'm so sad to read this news. Rest in Peace, little Hailey. I pray that justice will be swift.

:rose:

I think I know what you're talking about. At KY3's Facebook page, if you read the comments under the article from an hour ago with his mug shot ("Breaking News: Man charged with murder in case of missing Springfield girl"), there is some interesting info (rumor at this point) about him.
Also on the SGF Police FB page comments. Gotta be true because while it isn't a small town you know people know who he is and what he does for a living

I know you all agree, this is the exact scenario for which Amber Alert was created! And it failed horribly. The whole city should have been looking for that truck immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail