Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

http://www.wdrb.com/story/16514465/...ing-sullivan-university-student-delayed-again

"LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- The trial for the man accused of killing a Sullivan University student has been delayed again. *Gregory O'Bryan's defense team asked a judge to push back the April trial date.

At issue is the debate over a DNA profile of the victim.

Prosecutors and the judge agree they'll delay, but have said due to how old the case is, it will have to be done this year."

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- New information and possibly crucial new evidence could change the course of a high-profile homicide case.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/30370805/detail.html#ixzz1lQP0N100

Thanks. Snipped from article:

Ferraracchio said if the evidence is a positive match to O'Bryan, it could change the entire case.

The prosecution said it’s just trying to give a family peace.

"The most important thing from our prospective is to return Andrew to his family. It's important to them. It's important to us. It's important to everybody," Van De Rostyne

Despite the surprise to the defense, the judge said everything was on track and set a preliminary trial date of Nov. 2.

Once the trial begins, it's expected to take at least two weeks.

Attorneys said picking a jury will take a week and the trial will take about the same amount of time.

Color me confused, how does this change everything? Didn't the prosecution basically believe he was at the landfill? When was this "possible flesh" found? How horrible for Andrew's family. I pray that they may be comforted during this lengthy process.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120615/NEWS02/306150002/1001/NEWS

LOUISVILLE -- A small amount of hair and human DNA was found in a Southern Indiana landfill where police searched for the body of Carmel, Ind. resident Andrew Compton, who authorities believe was murdered by a Louisville man, according to recently released court records.

Gregory O'Bryan is charged with Compton's murder, sodomy, two counts of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of abuse of a corpse. He has pleaded not guilty and could face the death penalty if convicted.

Prosecutors will ask a judge next Thursday to authorize the Kentucky State Police laboratory to test the clump of hair found in a landfill near Medora, Ind., shortly after Compton, 18, disappeared in late 2010.

But the "quantity and/or quality of human DNA" found was insufficient "to obtain a profile," according to the report of a forensic laboratory examination of a tissue-like sample taken from the landfill.

Defense wants death penalty taken off table for man accused of killing student

The defense says the death penalty against the man accused of killing a Sullivan University student and putting his body in a dumpster should be taken off the table -- not because of his guilt or innocence, but because of alleged misconduct by the commonwealth.

[snip]

The judge gave them two weeks to make their decision on whether to seek the death penalty against O'Bryan.

Lawyers are expected to meet in the first week of June with that decision.

Gregory O'Bryan gets 25 years in death of Sullivan University freshman Andrew Compton

Andrew Compton was a shy, loving 18-year-old who was slowly coming out of his shell as a freshman at Sullivan University, where he dreamed of becoming a chef, his mother told a judge in Jefferson Circuit Court.

[snip]

On Monday, O’Bryan admitted in a plea deal that he gave the teen alcohol, tied him up with electrical wires and had sex with him, causing his death. He also acknowledged that he sexually abused and disposed of the body in a trash container.

[snip]

O’Bryan, 43, was sentenced to 25 years in prison after entering a guilty plea to murder, sexual abuse of a corpse, abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence for cleaning the crime scene and disposing of Compton’s body, which has not been found. O’Bryan will be eligible for parole in 17 years.

[snip]

Angela Compton, of Carmel, Ind., said the murder has torn her family apart, causing her to go to grief support groups and her husband, John, to be unable to sleep past 3 a.m. And the teen’s grave is empty.

More: http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ersity-freshman-Andrew-Compton?nclick_check=1

I still don't understand where all of the blood came from if he just lapsed into a coma and died and was put in a box. Justice was not served. Not at all. This man shouldn't have a chance for parole. I'm very leery on the DP but this is one case that wouldn't give me a pause at all.

How is justice served? I don't believe for a minute this monster didn't do worse things to Andrew. The blood came from somewhere. He also admittedly raped Andrews corpse. How in the world is 17 years then up for parole justice? His family can't even bury him! I am so pissed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back