Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Cold Cases

Notices

Cold Cases Discuss all cold cases here and sleuth out some new information!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM

IL - Tammy Tracey, 19, murdered in Searls Park, May 1987

Hello! I posted this in the Ask Question's sticky first, I wanted to know what else I could do. So I'm now asking if any of you may be able to get info or send me in the right direction. Thank you in advance!

Newbie here with a question! I have been trying to find info on a cold case in my hometown from the 80's, I keep hitting a dead end! What else can I do? Here's the resources I've used/tried & the info I have, Thanks in advance!

~Tammy Tracey,19F, Rockford Illinois Missing 5/27/87 from Searls Park, found 4/11/88 Sugar River Forest Preserve

~I've tried utlizing the internet, but have only found a few articles

~Searched for her name here, nada

~Visited the Winnebago County Sheriff's website, but they don't list cases

~I'm not local anylonger, so can't go into the library to view newspaper articles....the local paper website I can't get to bring up any info in archives either!!

~Family doesn't speak of her anymore, so that's been a dead end as well.

**Don't know where else to look***
Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

I did a search and there are very few articles on google or google archives. not much out there on Tammy's case at all.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
Old 07-08-2011, 04:59 AM

Here what I found:

One of the most well known cases in Rockford happened at Searls Park. On May 27, 1987 Tammy Tracey washed her car at a friends house then came to the park to wax it. Fifteen years later detectives continue to look for her killer.

For eleven months a special task force combed Searls Park several times. A reward fund was built to over $30,000. And finally on April 16, 11 months after Tammy disappeared skeletal remains found in Sugar River Forest Preserve in Winnebago County. They were positively identified to that of Tammy Tracey. Rockford Deputy Chief of Detectives Dominic Lasparro says this is a case police want to solve and know people in the community know what happened.

Source:
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/239566.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skeleton Identified As Missing Woman
April 17, 1988

A skeleton discovered in the Sugar River Forest Preserve was identified Saturday as the remains of Tammy Tracey, a 19-year-old Rockford receptionist who had been missing almost a year, authorities said. Rockford police had notified Tracey's family Friday that the remains might be those of their daughter after a hiker discovered the skeleton. At that point, they weren`t "absolutely certain" the body was Tracey's but did not want the family to learn of the discovery through the media, police said.

Her body had been in the preserve, about 15 miles northwest of Rockford, at least several months, said Lt. Jim Mays of the Rockford Police Department.

Source:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...issing-remains
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/keyword/skeleton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did she want to wax her car at the park and not at their friends place or near friends place?

Hmm.. By the way... what happened to her car?

Last edited by Vikusha; 07-08-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: adding more :)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vikusha For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 PM

I've found those artices, plus a few more, but thank you!

I have the same questions you have, and I don't know where to turn to find them.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM

ANYONE ELSE??? Any ideas or help, please? Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Dancing on a moonbeam!

Bumping for Tammy

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 AM

I am from the Rockford area and I was only ten when this happened. I remember her name still to this day. It is sad to see that this case is still unsolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to HopefulOptimistic77 For This Useful Post: