MS MS - Jarrod Johnston, 18, Yazoo City, 7 July 2007

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on whether they think it is likely that Jarrod has stayed away willingly this long.

I have a hard time believing so in 99.9% of missing persons cases. I usually believe the missing person has met with foul play or even accidental death. But of course, There are those rare cases in which the missing person simply chose never to return or make contact with their family.

Just watched this episode today. I believe that the poor fella is battling with dreadful mental health issues and is alive somewhere. I feel so bad for the father, the stepmother and the girlfriend. :(

Something about this case really moved me and I surmise that it is because I share some things in common with this kid. Like Jarrod I play guitar and have had substance abuse problems. Like Jarrod I have been to rehab and been in recovery. They were my chaotic years and there but by the grace of God go I.

I wonder if Jarrod relapsed after being last seen? It is certainly a typical addicts behavior to self medicate in times of distress. It might help if we knew what drugs Jarrod ended abusing as some drugs are so powerful they will cloud everything else. Once the relapse happened life would get very chaotic and anything is possible. Shame is a very powerful emotion and if Jarrod was unable to get clean he might deliberately hide out for years. He might tell himself that he will begin his life again as soon as he gets clean, the day that happens being the eternal tomorrow that never comes. I hope the family keep hope, it is very easy to sink into the gutter of life and lose track of time. I speak from experience.

Saw the episode just now. Wish he could be found. Do you think he may have hit his head somewhere and had amnesia or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think he is either living as a homeless person battling his mental health and addiction problems...or he took his own life.

I've just watched his episode of Disappeared too. I really feel for his family.

Unfortunately I think he probably died not long after he was last seen, possibly from suicide.

I've just watched his episode of Disappeared too. I really feel for his family.

Unfortunately I think he probably died not long after he was last seen, possibly from suicide.

Why do you think suicide?

I'm not alreetlike but to me it's pretty clear this young man obviously suffered from severe mental health issues, battled addiction...A suicide is very possible to me in his case sadly.

there was a fight between him and the grandmother ... i wonder what other family dynamics were like if there was alot of issue and he did suffer from some mental illness then maybe he just walked away thinking he was doing everyone a favor ? sometimes when you do suffer from depression its a battle and as much as you want to believe you family wants and needs you sometimes its hard to convince yourself of that... hope some info turns up soon

i cant seem to fins much online past 2010 anyone know why i looked up the fb and tw and both that i fond seen to have made the last post in 2010

Bumping.

There is such a lack of concrete evidence that a number of scenarios are entirely possible to explain his disappearance. I remain hopeful that he will be found one day and can return home to his family. After eight years, I think there's still a chance that he's alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back