WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Dad's attorney is his divorce attorney - not someone he just recently hired since Sky went missing.

But why hide one child from Dad and not the other?

Is it because Sky is a male? Carrying on the family name, etc?

Maybe. Who knows? Mental illness is messy. I am praying with all my heart that she just had some wild idea that she could hide Sky out of the country and later join him with her DD4.

This case is a little too close to home for me. I can't look at the pictures of Sky and not want to hold and love on him. :(

I've been closely following the baby Lisa case. She looks just like my oldest daughter at that age. BUT that case is so weird that it feels like I'm reading some novel or watching CSI. I don't feel that way about Sky. If some random stranger had him, I think we would know by now.

My brother is a local prosecutor. He works DV and sexual assault. I have not heard a thing from him. I heard more than I cared to when the Lakewood 4 were killed. My brother had a pending case against Maurice Clemons. It's interesting to hear the LE side vs what gets reported in the press. If my brother has any inside knowledge, I sure haven't heard it. I think what we are hearing from LE is pretty much the truth.

I have no experience in my social/family circle with OCD. Are there different levels? Mild to extreme cases?

Surely a loaded question on my part......

I got the exact opposite feelings from you..I see a father in pain that is afraid of facing the possibility that harm could have come to his son.

I see a man that is scared and doing all he can to stay focused on finding Sky.

I do believe he is trying extremely hard to stay hopeful because he is afraid to face any possibility other than getting his son back.

I love that here on WS we can agree to disagree.

Respectfully, guys, the father is considered a victim here. I didn't want to comment on his demeanor. I saw smiles, but only after seeing him clearly blink away tears from his eyes.

Let's not forget this is a father who has been denied access to his children for at least 10-11 months. Mom recorded a history of ugly exchanges. Clearly this man has had to hold it together for a very ugly court battle and some very stressful custody exchanges. It's clear and obvious to me, he is drawing from that same 'energy' he has for the duration of his fight to have access to his children. And perhaps drawing from his faith in Christ since we know he attends church and is a Christian.

He's holding onto hope and he is getting the word out. Passing out fliers, talking about fliers, engaging the community and national media in getting the word out in order to find his child. Taking the time to answer questions. NONE of which the maternal family are doing.

What is coming from the maternal side of the family to find Sky?

Thank you both. It broke my heart to see the father speak. He had wet eyes and was choking back the tears. I saw lots of hard swallows and a very brave front in a guy that can barely hold it together. I did not see giddiness, euphoria, etc.

Early reports about this man's faith might hold a clue. He is supposedly a very committed Christian who has tried to convert people who come into his shop. I think his faith likely is driving him.

In addition, some of his answers to things asked sound like a result of counseling given to parents of missing kids - do not think about the what ifs. Do not think about things that you cannot control and that will make you insane. Keep positive, dwell on only happy moments with your kid and keep active in actual things you can do to help find your child. I have a feeling this guy is getting assistance right now in how to survive this.

In addition, this is a man whose attorney states was so exhausted from lack of sleep for days that the police felt a polygraph would not work, asked him to come back and then sent him home before he could take the second one.

I feel very sorry for this man. He was just about to be reuinted with the kids he has been kept from for a year. Now he may never see one of them again, the baby he describes as a "little dude", all boy, who likes to roll around and scream and laugh with his sister. I am devastated for him. And especially for Sky.

I have no experience in my social/family circle with OCD. Are there different levels? Mild to extreme cases?

Yes. Some people have very mild cases, some moderate, and some extreme. Also, some days you (at least in my case) you can go from mild, to more severe. Bad and good days.

I couldn't stomach the recording, but, reading the transcript: WOW

:furious: absolutely infuriating :furious:

Who does she think she is!

Wow is right! I don't have working speakers so couldn't listen.

This woman is clearly an alienator. I have no doubt. She did everything she should not have done in an exchange, including repeating whatever she said about mommy not wanting her. Who in the he77 does that to a child?

I don't know if the judge heard moms audio exchanges, but I think if he or she did, it would be clear the mother was NOT capable of coparenting and was alienating the children from dad.

In cases such as theirs, I've read about exchange centers where parents use different doors and stay in different of the building and someone handles the actual exchange so there is no contact between parents. Oh how I wish that would have been the case for Sky and his sister. :(

I have no words for this woman who bore Sky,other than she is starting to rank right up there with FCA. Any other words I'd risk banning.

On that note, I have to call it a night. Will keep Sky's daddy, his big sister and those actively searching for Sky in my prayers. Please let us find you this weekend little guy. :praying:

BBM

I couldn't stomach the recording, but, reading the transcript: WOW

:furious: absolutely infuriating :furious:

Who does she think she is!

That whole thing makes me sick!:( Those poor kids. Look, I'm divorced and my kids were older, but even when they were as young as that, they would have screamed there head off to be with me too. . . .nothing against their Dad. Kids want their mom. I think that's just natural. The mom wasn't helping the situation or trying to ease the young girl's fears at all. Soooo sad!!!! :(

That whole thing makes me sick!:( Those poor kids. Look, I'm divorced and my kids were older, but even when they were as young as that, they would have screamed there head off to be with me too. . . .nothing against their Dad. Kids want their mom. I think that's just natural. The mom wasn't helping the situation or trying to ease the young girl's fears at all. Soooo sad!!!! :(

Yeah - I gotta agree w/you. Especially if Mom is a stay at home - naturally children are more apt to gravitate towards her than Dad.

My son was 4 when his dad first saw him( well since he was newborn). He cried, but 5 minutes later he was fine and having fun with his dad.

There were times they were late for drop off because he was having fun with his dad and not ready to go home.

At 9, He still tells me he misses me when he is at his dads, or feels bad because I am home alone, but I continue to encourage him to have a great time at his dads. In fact he is at his dads this weekend and Wednesday was the first time he commented during the week, I can't wait to see my dad this weekend. I asked if they had any special fun plans. His reply, No, my dad just said he can't wait to see me.

It's not easy, but it must be done. Children deserve BOTH parents when neither is a danger. We can see whose time it was on that Sky 'disappeared' and who was clearly the danger to him in this case.

My heart is breaking.....

night all. Praying I wake to good news and Sky has been found, preferably safe, but still found.

Many degrees of OCD. Many members of my family have it to some extent, but one of my brothers is almost incapacitated by it. He doesn't even leave the house due to the inability to control his environment outside...

:( From the same...

"He was convinced his estranged wife, Julia Biryukova, had hidden the boy with a relative or friend to spite him because of their ongoing custody battle.

""She has done something with him to hurt me," he said earlier this week."

Elizabeth, Logan and Baby Gabriel all over again.

Yes. Some people have very mild cases, some moderate, and some extreme. Also, some days you (at least in my case) you can go from mild, to more severe. Bad and good days.

Yes, like Friday when somebody put blankets, dresses and leggings in the dryer together AND put the heat on high.
(I dry them separately and never use high heat.)
Some days I would be mildly annoyed... Friday it just about sent me over the edge.

If everything else is going really well then it's also easier to cope with that.
When there is all sorts of other carp going on... that gets more difficult to deal with as well.

My son was 4 when his dad first saw him( well since he was newborn). He cried, but 5 minutes later he was fine and having fun with his dad.

There were times they were late for drop off because he was having fun with his dad and not ready to go home.

At 9, He still tells me he misses me when he is at his dads, or feels bad because I am home alone, but I continue to encourage him to have a great time at his dads. In fact he is at his dads this weekend and Wednesday was the first time he commented during the week, I can't wait to see my dad this weekend. I asked if they had any special fun plans. His reply, No, my dad just said he can't wait to see me.

It's not easy, but it must be done. Children deserve BOTH parents when neither is a danger. We can see whose time it was on that Sky 'disappeared' and who was clearly the danger to him in this case.

My heart is breaking.....

night all. Praying I wake to good news and Sky has been found, preferably safe, but still found.

I totally agree.

And thanks for sharing! The thing is, when you make a baby or babies with someone, you will forever share that bond. You will both be tied forever as to the best interests of that child. Too bad some people let their egos get in the way. I don't think that is the norm.

My kids didn't really want to spend time with their Dad, but I insisted and I trusted my ex. It was only when he had a gf that was "unstable" that he was living with that I brought up that I was uncomfortable with the kids being there while she was there. And he agreed!!!! We worked out a plan that the kids would be there while she was at work or he made up excuses to her and came here to see the kids. It worked well and it was good for our kids. He and I had our problems, but we always had our kids as our best interest. I think my kids always did better when they saw their dad and he came around. There is NO way I would deny them that. And I knew, even if he and I didn't see eye to eye, we had the kids' best interest at heart.

The kids would still fuss and moan about going to see their Dad. I knew he would never hurt them, regardless of our differences. On that front, we were always united. I guess I should feel lucky.

Bring Sky home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member