TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using this reported address I think I've found where they're looking, one image from the road.

Google street maps show 1416 E. Brow Rd. to the right of this image. In viewing this area, this the only place I've seen to the left which would be easy access over the ridge. Will always await confirmation but I'm feeling pretty certain based on info so far.

attachment.php

View attachment 19896

I'm sure that is an old scenic overlook that isn't safe anymore so they had it blocked. Odd. But see, anyone who drove that road regularly would know that place, and the fact that another car was found - possibly an insurance scheme or another missing person - tells me that more than one person has had the idea of pushing a car over there.

You can't really tell from the pictures but this is a high mountain. I had a couple of friends who lived in that neighborhood long ago when I was in college. One of them had a swimming pool that was carved into the rock basically, and hawks and eagles flew by her living room windows.

If this had happened at night in the fog it would make sense to me, but it happened in broad daylight, so it makes us all wonder if she swerved for a kid on a bike or a squirrel? On the other hand, the route and that location really makes no sense unless she felt threatened so she was taking a circuitous route to be stealthy. I just don't know.

Sorry, I don't wAnt to sound like a dummy, but how would some one get the jeep off into the ravine? And do u think Gail was in the car?

Thank you for the info ThoughtFox. I just hope the team is safe tomorrow and that they find her. Then, maybe we find out was it an accident...or more to it. So glad they at least found the jeep.

Thank you for the info ThoughtFox. I just hope the team is safe tomorrow and that they find her. Then, maybe we find out was it an accident...or more to it. So glad they at least found the jeep.

Yeah, let's just hope they find her body and more of her stuff tomorrow. It may take time to round up everything, and David Carroll was saying on Channel Three tonight that it's too bad the days are so short now because it limits the time they have to search.

If they find her will they b able to determine how she died? Even thought its been a while? Or if a car pushed her off her road...anything foul play?

If a car pushed her off the road, I think there would probably be scrapes or paint from that car. I hope, anyway.

Interestingly, some of the widened areas to the cliff side of E. Brow Rd have those big boulders-someone mentioned them earlier. If she lost control say, looking at her cell phone, and hit one of those boulders, I could see the Jeep going airborne. Just a scary thought!
(It's 4:30am so if this is old info, please ignore).

First day I've been off line in awhile, and they found the jeep. I hope this will be the beginning of closure for her family and the children...and I pray LE gets all the answers to all we're asking. Still can't help wondering if they had this equipment in use the first week in May the jeep would have been found as well. So many questions remaining. Prayer going forward

If they find her will they b able to determine how she died? Even thought its been a while? Or if a car pushed her off her road...anything foul play?

In past cases where a murder was staged to look like an accident... the cause of death has generally been blunt force trauma.
However, it was repeated blows which were not consistent with a car accident.
So they were able to determine that the person was murdered and the vehicle staged.

It would totally depend on how she died. If she died from one blow to the head, they might not be able to determine what caused it.
Obviously if there is a gunshot, stab wound, etc then that would be easy to differentiate.

So let's hope that if she was murdered, it was done in a way that will be easy to distinguish from an accident.

I just can't see how she would swerve at that point in the road and go over the edge. To fit through that opening that was shown in the picture upthread without leaving damage to the rock wall the Jeep would have to go straight through. JMO. If the Jeep went straight through that opening there is also no room to accelerate.

You can travel East Brow and not pass another car and have no car behind you. It can be busy with walkers but it can also be a very quiet street. As the picture upthread shows this is directly across from a large home. People do pull off East Brow to look at the view so the homeowners could see cars there one minute and not the next all the time. So what I'm saying is there would be no cause for alarm if the homeowner saw a car/the Jeep there.

I just do not think this was a car accident. In that spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part. Whose I don't know.

I just can't see how she would swerve at that point in the road and go over the edge. To fit through that opening that was shown in the picture upthread without leaving damage to the rock wall the Jeep would have to go straight through. JMO. If the Jeep went straight through that opening there is also no room to accelerate.

You can travel East Brow and not pass another car and have no car behind you. It can be busy with walkers but it can also be a very quiet street. As the picture upthread shows this is directly across from a large home. People do pull off East Brow to look at the view so the homeowners could see cars there one minute and not the next all the time. So what I'm saying is there would be no cause for alarm if the homeowner saw a car/the Jeep there.

I just do not think this was a car accident. In that spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part. Whose I don't know.

BBM.. Dark Red In that exact spot, I feel it was intentional on someone's part also.. I highly suspect foul play is involved.JMHO

In reviewing the info this is only 5 minutes from her home. That does NOT jive with the timeline at all and I need to do some research.

Your timeline may still be correct. She may have been exactly where you thought she was at the exact times you have, but the Jeep ended up here later.

I wonder how long the Jeep has been there, and if that area was searched before. IIRC, there were aerial searches...but of course the foliage was in full season then.

Probably should just wait for more info...

I'm glad that Gail's thread is open again (finally)...

Prayers to the SAR folks who will be scouring the woods in very difficult terrain today.

@JonquilNewland3 Jonquil Newland
Heading back out to W Rd. where the search continues this morning.

@Derrall Derrall Stalvey
Search for #GailPalmgren resumes on Signal Mtn. Channel 3 will be there for you again today. bit.ly/vc9Epl

It's a residential area, and out of the way for anyone going off the mountain (at least by using a road and not a cliff)... which makes me curious as to why she was over there.

It's residential enough that also I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road because it's a populated area.

ADDED: If it were an accident, then MP would've been much better served to immediately notify LE the day she disappeared because if someone heard something, then it would've been much more likely for them to mentally connect the dots with a loud crash off the side of the mountain. Two days later, the whole thing could've slipped their mind.

It's a residential area, and out of the way for anyone going off the mountain (at least by using a road and not a cliff)... which makes me curious as to why she was over there.

It's residential enough that I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road.
I recall that someone saw Gail talking to someone in a pickup truck...where is that location in relation to where her Jeep was found? And ditto for the woman driving/riding in a vehicle, who said she saw Gail driving, and looking like she was asking for help...while Gail's female passenger was looking away as if trying not to be seen/recognized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth