GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL ... who among us has not blown the margins at least once? :) :crazy: :blushing:

LOL ... who among us has not blown the margins at least once? :) :crazy: :blushing:

:floorlaugh: CLEAN UP IN AISLE 4

Best to avoid pg 4 until the mods can fix my screw-up. I should not post when tired. ;)

Thanks, but since I'm a little desert rat I don't know much about how snow and cold weather affects the ground. I'd think it would make digging a hole difficult and therefore limit their options as far as hiding Sherry. I've only seen snow once in my life, so I don't know if it really is impossible.

One thing we have in South Dakota and surrounding states is cold and snow. :( The ground does get hard and it is impossible to dig. I know for funerals they have to use a heat machine to thaw the ground and dig the holes.

I know there's been a lot of speculation about oil workers being responsible for Sherry's disappearance, largely due to the mayor's comments, but what about someone who works at the sugar beet refinery in Sidney? Or someone who was delivering something to or picking something up from the sugar factory? It was reported that Sherry's shoe was found near the sugar factory. There might have been a shift change at the factory around the time she was jogging in that area.

Or maybe someone from the sugar factory coming on or off shift witnessed something.

If they were oil field workers they would be losing their job by running too... they were found out of state...
I do not think that LE told the mayor who the suspects are. I just don't think they told anyone. I think he is just talking.

Cleanup on aisle 4 is complete. Thank you for your patience, and please continue to enjoy your sleuthing experience.

:tyou:

Therefore, aggravated kidnapping requires the additional element beyond kidnapping that bodily harm be inflicted upon the victim kidnapped. In other words aggravated kidnapping can be defined as the commission of kidnapping while armed with a dangerous weapon.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/aggravated-kidnapping/

Based on this definition of Aggravated Kidnapping, it would seem to rule out the idea that she was killed when he/they accidentally hit her with a vehicle, right? I think it has to mean that either he/they hit her with the intent to kidnap her (the vehicle being the deadly weapon at that point), or accidentally hit her and she was still alive when they took her to cover it up....the aggravator in that scenario being whatever they did to her after.

Obviously, this is all based on the idea that she was hit with a vehicle at all....it still seems completely possible that there was no "accident", and she was just grabbed for nefarious purposes from the get-go.

Therefore, aggravated kidnapping requires the additional element beyond kidnapping that bodily harm be inflicted upon the victim kidnapped. In other words aggravated kidnapping can be defined as the commission of kidnapping while armed with a dangerous weapon.

Based on this definition of Aggravated Kidnapping, it would seem to rule out the idea that she was killed when he/they accidentally hit her with a vehicle, right? I think it has to mean that either he/they hit her with the intent to kidnap her (the vehicle being the deadly weapon at that point), or accidentally hit her and she was still alive when they took her to cover it up....the aggravator in that scenario being whatever they did to her after.

Obviously, this is all based on the idea that she was hit with a vehicle at all....it still seems completely possible that there was no "accident", and she was just grabbed for nefarious purposes from the get-go.

Or maybe she was kidnapped at gun point or knife point and lost her shoe in a struggle.

Another version of the map, with thanks to Jacie and Noway and Grandmaj!

reservation-1.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i351/websleuthmod/reservation-1.jpg

One thing we have in South Dakota and surrounding states is cold and snow. :( The ground does get hard and it is impossible to dig. I know for funerals they have to use a heat machine to thaw the ground and dig the holes.

Wow! It is so gorgeous up there, but I don't know how you all deal with that weather!

I really hope they can find Sherry and bring her home to her family. I hope the reports that it could have been an accident end up being true only because it means that she might not have had to suffer other horrible things.

Yes, that seems most believable as well. I think the one local article stating that the tip was called into the school made an error. The only consistent thing among all of the articles is stating that it was an anonymous tip.

Also from the abc article:

"We would like to thank police, FBI, people of Sidney, the people around who have turned out to help, and the role they played in bringing Sherry back home," Arnold's husband, Gary Arnold, told ABC News. "It wasn't how we wanted her to come home, but she came home to us."

It would be even more upsetting if she was alive after they hit her, again IF they hit her, because who knows if Sherry could have survived if she had been taken to a hospital.

Also from the abc article:

"We would like to thank police, FBI, people of Sidney, the people around who have turned out to help, and the role they played in bringing Sherry back home," Arnold's husband, Gary Arnold, told ABC News. "It wasn't how we wanted her to come home, but she came home to us."

So...she has been found??
This makes it sound like they have her back?
I know I couldn't say those words if I only had verbal confirmation that my loved one was dead. JMO

It sure sounds like she has been found. I agree that I wouldn't be able to use those exact words without a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆