TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never heard about an argument, loud or otherwise...do you know where this was stated?

fwiw...the Examiner but perhaps Mysterylover saw it somewhere else, IDK

So, after much digging, I have come across this information. Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true. This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends. One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her. Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home. He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing. About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway. He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

So, after much digging, I have come across this information. Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true. This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.
Emphasis mine.

A reminder: the Examiner is not a credible source. "Mind you"? "comes out to be true"??

And the Examiner thing doesn't make a lot of sense. An ex-boyfriend killing her is possible----but if CB saw a ex (that had threatened HB in the past ) arguing with her early in the morning I doubt he would just go back to what he was doing and not check on her for an HOUR.

I probably shouldn't even be talking about this until we get it from a credible source.

And the Examiner thing doesn't make a lot of sense. An ex-boyfriend killing her is possible----but if CB saw a ex (that had threatened HB in the past ) arguing with her early in the morning I doubt he would just go back to what he was doing and not check on her for an HOUR.

I probably shouldn't even be talking about this until we get it from a credible source.

Unless the ex boyfriend is/was a friend of the brother (??)

I know the Examiner is not a credible source and that's why I started my post with fwiw.

That said, Examiner was not the only source of this rumour early on. Sometimes I wonder if rumours do tend to have some truth to them. This is a small town and perhaps the truth lies among the small town gossip. :moo:

We do not know for certain that the dogs did not track Holly past the tree line. That premise comes from a vague comment by Mark Fuhrman on a TV show where he said he "called Tennessee" and they told him that. But if the dogs did not track into the woods it holds with my theory that the suspect had a car parked inside the tree line there. Looking at various aerial photos of the property you could have a car/truck within yards of the home and make an easy exit back to Swan Johnson Rd.I do think there is more to what happened than has been described for some unknown reason. I assume LE has chosen to keep various details quiet, and has instructed the family to do so as well. This is not entirely unusual either. It happens in lots of other cases. That would also account for some of the discrepancies in the description of what happened - dragged vs. led vs. walking, home invasion etc. But we can also work around that with the few facts available... screams, blood, neighbor calling 911 and going to the house, etc.

I have wondered that also. So Clint didn't see or hear a vehicle that was just beyond the tree line, often described as logging roads? Also I have wondered if the screams happened at home in the carport or from in a vehicle, or from the woods as she was led away. If she was in a vehicle that would seem to confirm the evidence that was found was planted to lead LE in another direction.

*On vacation and with kids is hard to keep up much less reply.

Anyone care to venture a guess of why LE refuses to release the 911 tapes?

The only possible reasons I can think of is he named who it was or maybe identified someone LE knows absolutely didn't do it. Or lastly he identified someone in LE. If Karen had the reaction as reported I would suspect she was told someone who very likely could and would have done it, such as the guy Holly had the restraining order against. To me thats too easy. If he was identified as the guy and LE knows he didn't do it, what does that leave? And where does the leave Clint? Sorry this was hastily typed and put together, I hope what I'm trying to say comes across.JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisperer

Quote:
Dajavoodoo64:
The only possible reasons I can think of is he named who it was or maybe identified someone LE knows absolutely didn't do it. Or lastly he identified someone in LE. If Karen had the reaction as reported I would suspect she was told someone who very likely could and would have done it, such as the guy Holly had the restraining order against. To me thats too easy. If he was identified as the guy and LE knows he didn't do it, what does that leave? And where does the leave Clint? Sorry this was hastily typed and put together, I hope what I'm trying to say comes across.JMO

MizStery comment:
Quote:
Names and addresses can be redacted before the 911 call transcript is released. Then entire transcript can be released. MOO

I have wondered that also. So Clint didn't see or hear a vehicle that was just beyond the tree line, often described as logging roads? Also I have wondered if the screams happened at home in the carport or from in a vehicle, or from the woods as she was led away. If she was in a vehicle that would seem to confirm the evidence that was found was planted to lead LE in another direction.

*On vacation and with kids is hard to keep up much less reply.

Initially I thought the scream(s) must have come later in the abduction when Holly was away from the house. But, it seems now they happened FIRST. Going by what Karen said, Clint did not hear them because he was asleep. Clint did not hear them although they may have contributed to his waking up I would think.

Holly most certainly had to be taken away in a vehicle as their house is remote enough I can't imagine a kidnapper walking away with her X miles to his house or where ever. Clint never mentioned hearing a vehicle but he was inside at the time getting ready to go to school or something. He had just seen Holly walking around in the back yard. There could be the chance that the suspect's car was idling or running so there wouldn't be a start up noise either. Now, whether the evidence was dropped out of the car as he drove off with her, or if he came back later or back tracked around dropping stuff out is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisperer

Quote:
Dajavoodoo64:
... If Karen had the reaction as reported I would suspect she was told someone who very likely could and would have done it, such as the guy Holly had the restraining order against. ...JMO

MizStery comment:
Quote:
Names and addresses can be redacted before the 911 call transcript is released. Then entire transcript can be released. MOO

Do we know for a fact that there is someone who she has a restraining order against? It has never been mentioned in any mainstream article or report. Apparently also public record notices have failed to turn up such an action.

Do we know for a fact that there is someone who she has a restraining order against? It has never been mentioned in any mainstream article or report. Apparently also public record notices have failed to turn up such an action.

Oh I did not know that. I was under the impression there was one. I withdraw it and thank you for correcting me. Now I have to figure out where I got that as I haven't taken notes and I'm going from memory.

*oooh, I found where I read it and remember reading it now. One is something you do with your eyes, lol. The other is one that I thought would be credible, I won't name it, but it does feature Missing Persons in America.

If this was a book of fiction I suppose the reason for the 911 calls not being made available
would be something dramatic such as the name of a person being
spoken. This would be partly supported by rumors that her mom responded
right away as if she had an idea who had taken Holly.
In a book of fiction I would expect to read that this person was someone
that LE strongly suspected and one who did not have a
satisfactory alibi to clear him from the short list of suspects.
In a book of fiction this would be supported by the statement made in MSM
by LE that they believed Holly was still in state, which would not be too likely
unless they had a good idea who did the crime.

In such a book I would expect they did not want to mess up their case against
the suspect by releasing any part of the tape/s. In a book perhaps LE
would have been loathe to have the suspect/s know just how far
along they were in their investigation from the very beginning.

If this were a book I would expect he left LE a sign of some sort
and this piece of evidence would have been held back although
some rumors would have leaked out about some exciting
but unnamed bit of evidence.

But this is not a book of fiction and the reasons things happen in this case
may be far more boring and sane for all I know.

I hope the real case is solved as soon as possible.

My guess is LE doesn't want the tape released because it is prejudicial to the family. No other scenario fits.

fwiw...the Examiner but perhaps Mysterylover saw it somewhere else, IDK

http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

To answer the question: Thanks, Yes, several places.
In an interview, I heard the Sheriff tell of the neighbor hearing loud shouting/screaming (plural) coming from the B. property.
Check the Sheriffs interviews, although it's been a year, it may still be available to hear.
Sheriff Wyatt-kidnapping
Try this link: Jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287

To answer the question: Thanks, Yes, several places.
In an interview, I heard the Sheriff tell of the neighbor hearing loud shouting/screaming (plural) coming from the B. property.
Check the Sheriffs interviews, although it's been a year, it may still be available to hear.
Sheriff Wyatt-kidnapping
Try this link: Jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287

I couldn’t get that video to load.

Anyway, it is interesting to contemplate those “flurry of calls” may have been a result of something that was playing out in person with Holly or vice a versa.

I’m having a hard time believing Holly walked off the property with someone especially after a scream or screaming by Holly. She seems like a spitfire. And I mean that in the most complimentary of ways. Instead of walking off, why didn’t she run from this person? And to top it off she was carrying all of her stuff with her. I can’t believe she would weigh herself down in that way. If you’re going to walk off with an attacker, I can’t fathom bringing “stuff” with you. Your house is right behind you. Run to it. Your car is right there. Hit the horn.

The only way I can believe Holly walked off with someone was if this person was an authority figure to her. I don’t buy it.

I don’t believe Holly walked off the property. She would have run to the house if she didn’t know her attacker. I strongly believe Holly knew her attacker well.

jmo

I couldn’t get that video to load.

Anyway, it is interesting to contemplate those “flurry of calls” may have been a result of something that was playing out in person with Holly or vice a versa.

I’m having a hard time believing Holly walked off the property with someone especially after a scream or screaming by Holly. She seems like a spitfire. And I mean that in the most complimentary of ways. Instead of walking off, why didn’t she run from this person? And to top it off she was carrying all of her stuff with her. I can’t believe she would weigh herself down in that way. If you’re going to walk off with an attacker, I can’t fathom bringing “stuff” with you. Your house is right behind you. Run to it. Your car is right there. Hit the horn.

The only way I can believe Holly walked off with someone was if this person was an authority figure to her. I don’t buy it.

I don’t believe Holly walked off the property. She would have run to the house if she didn’t know her attacker. I strongly believe Holly knew her attacker well.

jmo

I totally agree Wishuwerehere. If there was some sort of terrible accident then that would explain Karen's reaction to the phone call. First thought that comes to mind is she was accidentally shot but not enough blood and no gunshot was reported. What other accident scenarios could there be in which Holly died with just a small amount of blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine