Wallenda Attempts Walk Across Niagara Falls on tightrope. Friday 6/15/2012

I'm going to...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This isn't commentary on religion, but I can't help but LOL every time he mentions God protecting him or he prays. Like he HAS to do this.

They're on commercial still. Liars, it wasn't three minutes. It looks like it's just about to start.

OK, do we have odds laid yet on fall/no fall? Or on the possibility that he will at the very last moment free himself from the harness and make the life-or-death attempt with no backup plan?

Steely, thank you for addicting me to this, you scamp.

He's waving to the crown as he gets ready to start the walk.

Geez, I'm ready for the hype to be over too, and I don't even live up there.

My stomach would be twisting upside down by now if I were him, LOL.

I'm not watching it on TV, but am eagerly awaiting all the updates here...just reading your minute count downs is nerve wracking! In a good way, LOL

is ABC streaming this live? anyone have a link?

OK, do we have odds laid yet on fall/no fall? Or on the possibility that he will at the very last moment free himself from the harness and make the life-or-death attempt with no backup plan?

I say he makes it.

He's on the wire and making the steps now.

Not gonna lie, now that he's actually on the wire I'm a little nervous. Even though I know nothing is going to happen.

So far he's still dragging that stupid thing behind him.

He's walking downhill on the wire now and he's over the crest of the falls.

I hope Canada refuses to let him in and he has to go back the way he came. :giggle:

You can hear him talking to his dad while he's walking.

I'm watching the TV and alternating between webcams. It's crazy to see all the camera flashes on the webcams.

He's almost over the start of the falls.

The hosts are talking to him now.

He says it's an unbelievable view. He's excited to be the only person in the world who has ever been there or will ever be there.

OK, all cynicism aside, the shot of him on the wire with the crest of the falls behind (and above) him was pretty amazing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back