Hoover & D. Casey Depos in Gonzales Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyphoenix1

Former Member
Reaction score
Hoover went ahead with his depo this morning, and apparently was questioned for about 3 hours, and was asked, amongst other things, whether he believed Cindy & DC were having an affair!

DC, however, did not go ahead with his, and appears to have fired BC and retained "high powered attorney" Chaney Mason.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-casey-anthony-civil-032509,0,7435592.story

Does anyone know if we are getting a video from this morning's depo and when it was that Casey got his new lawyer? And when it was decided that his depo would not go ahead today?

You really got to love John Morgan.

I sure hope we get see a video of the depo or at least read a transcript.

Interesting about DC's new high powered attorney. Makes me wonder what he is so nervous about. The article posted doesn't state if he skipped out on the depo or if it was mutually agreed upon to be postponed. Hmmmmm.

http://www.wftv.com/video/19010666/index.html

I believe at the end of this video channel 9 states they will bring the deposition, video, as soon as it's available, at about 5pm...I am waiting on pins and needles !

So am I! I believe Hoover will have answered truthfully and hope it contains some good stuff! What a shame DC will be able to watch it before he has to give his deposition, as he will now know what he will be asked and will have some time to prepare his answers.

What on earth does anything that's rumored to have happened between Cindy and DC long AFTER Caylee's disappearance have to do with the ZFG suit? I don't understand why Morgan is getting away with this.

What on earth does anything that's rumored to have happened between Cindy and DC long AFTER Caylee's disappearance have to do with the ZFG suit? I don't understand why Morgan is getting away with this.

I agree. I don't see any connection, but as I understand it he can ask just about anything he wants in a deposition.

I agree. I don't see any connection, but as I understand it he can ask just about anything he wants in a deposition.
...and until we see/hear CA's depo we may not know what the connection is...or where his thinking is leading.

I think Morgan was suggesting it might have been Cindy on the phone to DC while he was in the woods, to prove Cindy knew Caylee hadn't been kidnapped by Zaneida? In any event, it doesn't seem anyone objected to this line of questioning. Though I wonder if DC will try to take the 5th?

4:10 p.m.Private investigator Jim Hoover told an attorney this morning that the purpose of his trip to a wooded area near the Anthony home in November was to look for the dead body of Caylee Marie Anthony, according to a transcript of his interview.

Hoover said Anthony family private investigator Dominic Casey asked Hoover to accompany him in November.

"[He] asked me to go with him -- asked me to go with him to find Caylee's body," Hoover said in the interview.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-casey-anthony-civil-032509,0,7435592.story

As for asking these questions about what the PI knew about Suburban, IF JM can locate a link between Casey or the Anthony family and the PI's knowledge that there was a body on Suburban, that goes to show that Casey knew where Caylee was because she killed her and put her there. He has said before that if he can prove who killled Caylee, that exonerates his client, ZG.

I think Morgan was suggesting it might have been Cindy on the phone to DC while he was in the woods, to prove Cindy knew Caylee hadn't been kidnapped by Zaneida? In any event, it doesn't seem anyone objected to this line of questioning. Though I wonder if DC will try to take the 5th?

Who would be there to object? Hoover started this particular bit of mud slinging, why would he object to it?

4:31 p.m.ABC News allegedly paid Jose Baez upwards of $200,000 for home videos of Caylee Marie Anthony, according to a sworn statement Jim Hoover made this morning.

Attorney John Morgan asked Hoover if he knew of anyone getting paid by ABC to which Hoover answered, "Um, I had head that money had been given to the attorney [Baez] for some individual -- I don't know if it was given to the attorney or to Casey for some videos that was on ABC."

A few moments later he said Dominic Casey told him Baez was paid between $200,000 or $225,000 for the videos.

4:31 p.m.ABC News allegedly paid Jose Baez upwards of $200,000 for home videos of Caylee Marie Anthony, according to a sworn statement Jim Hoover made this morning.

Attorney John Morgan asked Hoover if he knew of anyone getting paid by ABC to which Hoover answered, "Um, I had head that money had been given to the attorney [Baez] for some individual -- I don't know if it was given to the attorney or to Casey for some videos that was on ABC."

A few moments later he said Dominic Casey told him Baez was paid between $200,000 or $225,000 for the videos.

Oops...

The only thing I can think of for that line of questioning:
Who was he on the phone with?
Personally, I think it could very well have been CindyA. So I ask myself, why would a PI take such a chance with his reputation? Why risk running afoul of an investigation of a missing child? Why possibly help in the cover-up of a deceased child, giving credence to live sightings of said child?
Dare I say it? Could it be...love?
My apologies to Rhett...

This depo seems to be coming out bit by bit on the Sentinel, maybe channel 9 will have the transcript or video out soon. I am not finding much on the other Orlando channels.

Who would be there to object? Hoover started this particular bit of mud slinging, why would he object to it?

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "Hoover started this particular bit of mud slinging". Hoover gave LE important information in this investigation, and I for one, am glad and grateful that he did.

In any event, you were saying you weren't happy with the line of questioning, I was simply pointing out it wasn't objected to, so really there is nothing to argue there, it is now a moot point.

I didn't see that JH even had an attorney with him today at the deposition, if he did I missed it.

The only thing I can think of for that line of questioning:
Who was he on the phone with?
Personally, I think it could very well have been CindyA. So I ask myself, why would a PI take such a chance with his reputation? Why risk running afoul of an investigation of a missing child? Why possibly help in the cover-up of a deceased child, giving credence to live sightings of said child?
Dare I say it? Could it be...love?
My apologies to Rhett...

Wasn't Cindy at the 'Meet and Greet'? I've never heard that she talked on the phone during the entire event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane