TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days after Christmas.........could someone lure her to a motel?
saying they bought her a 'special' present?
Secret older boyfriend? Friend of brother's???

You just described me as a mom of my 13 year old son!

LOL....soooooo thankful I missed all the FB, MS stuff with my boys. The youngest was a senior in HS when MS first got popular. Thankfully, it was just a novelty at that time...not like now.

Ok - so Mom went to work in the morning of the 28th? And then called home to have son call the sleepover friend to tell Hailey to come home??

I gotta go to bed, great job people!!!!! National media and lots of outside help!

WEBSLEUTHS ROCKS!:rocker:

Hope tomorrow when I log on, I read she's been found safe.

Better Late than Never...NewsWest 9 Midland 10:00pm news lead story. Don't know about the other ones.

Mom leaves cell at home for family to use while she's at work. She calls from work to son at home who has her cell to say to text haileys friend to get hailey home.
I think ....

The only reason I could see for this is that the Mother doesn't have the friends phone number, it is programmed into her cell phone, so she just has her son text the friend.
I don't have numbers memorized anymore either, they are all on my phone and I just hit the button. Just an opinion, I could be wrong.

If it is such a small town, it seems as though neighbors and mom would know if there was an older brother of a friend, for example, who hung around or looked at young girls or was home from college...but I do think her close girlfriends could hold the key. She may have gone to meet someone and things went bad, I don't think she ever intended to be away like this. Or she was taken very quickly and quietly in a very short period of time as she walked 5 blocks.
The key to me is if she really told BF she was spending the night with her friend; if she did, I think she had some sort of plans that afternoon and wasn't sure how late she would be getting back, so she wanted to be covered at home. I did this (stupidly and lucky for me, here I still am) at about the same age. I would tell my mom I was staying at my best friends's house, knowing she would not call there unless there was an emergency, as we did it all the time. (And knowing I could get into their house late at night thru the downstairs.)

Ok - so Mom went to work in the morning of the 28th? And then called home to have son call the sleepover friend to tell Hailey to come home??

I'm thinking she was already on the phone with the son and just asked him to call Hailey, since she was at work and might need to get back to doing something. JMHO...

Just want to say that Hailey is only 13------ so young! If I was in same situation with either one of my 2 daughters -(been there and have done that) I would have called her asap when I got home after learning she had left to spend the night with a friend - just to touch base and be sympatico with what was going on.

What time did Mom get home from work that night and find out Hailey was sleeping over at friends?

I live in a small town also - slightly under 7k. Everyone knows your business here......

Drag them all in and polygraph them. Including the brothers friends that come around the house.

An iTouch can do anything an iPhone can do except make calls. An iTouch requires a wi-fi signal to connect to the internet and/or post on Facebook or Myspace. On Facebook, the posts look like they are posted from an iPhone.

You can "chat" with people on Facebook from your iTouch or iPhone.

If they have AT&T, you can easily sign up online and view almost up to the minute on calls and text messages. You would not have to wait on a print out from the carrier. I do not know about other carriers online policies.

iTouch information would not show up on an AT&T billing statement.

With an IPOD you have to be in a WIFI zone. If not you can not access FB or MS or any site where the internet is required. When you post to your FB with an IPOD it shows the tag as posted via iphone.

BF doesn't live with mom? Yet, he get's "home" early that day...and, picks mom up from work that night, they come home and go to bed. Where does he live when he's not living with Billie?

...(snipped)...
The key to me is if she really told BF she was spending the night with her friend; if she did, I think she had some sort of plans that afternoon and wasn't sure how late she would be getting back, so she wanted to be covered at home. I did this (stupidly and lucky for me, here I still am) at about the same age. I would tell my mom I was staying at my best friends's house, knowing she would not call there unless there was an emergency, as we did it all the time. (And knowing I could get into their house late at night thru the downstairs.)

(You just jogged a forgotten memory... I did a similar (stupid) thing: met a guy at a ballgame, two weeks later I went to his neighboring town (45 minutes away) for a date. He asked me to bring a friend and he set her up with a friend of his (blind date). Told our parents we were going to a church lock-in. We did make it back unharmed and alive, obviously, but now - 25 years later - you just brought this to my mind when I haven't thought about it in as many years.

Wow. Yes, young girls do stupid things... :doh:)

Honestly? I don't believe this is what has happened to Hailey, though. I thought it was interesting, however, on NG that her mom said she had a FB account but didn't mention the MS account. I wonder if she knows about it?

This is making me want to go outside and beat my trashcan with a baseball bat out of frustration.
I am finally understanding what people like us who know what's really happening out there have to do. Parents are not paying attention to these cases we read about. This is a 13 year old, a baby. Parents need to be gathered in the schools auditoriums and shown the horrifying photos we see of dead children, told the stories of the horrors. Parents have to be shocked into reality or kids are just going to keep losing their lives to predators.
This is so frustrating.

Maybe, the recent Jonathan Foster case could be shown.

The only reason I could see for this is that the Mother doesn't have the friends phone number, it is programmed into her cell phone, so she just has her son text the friend.
I don't have numbers memorized anymore either, they are all on my phone and I just hit the button. Just an opinion, I could be wrong.

My opinion on this was so different. I have just assumed that Mom figured both kids should be home by the time she made a routine call home. When son said Hailey wasnt home she told him to text friend and get her home. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304