2011.04.26 - Day two of the trial - TOD testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the defense ask Baden about the OJ trial? What point were they making? Were they trying to discredit him? I really don't see why it was necessary to the Coleman trial. Anybody know?

I think you've nailed it. I think they are trying to say to the jury that Baden is untrustworthy because he was part of OJ's legal posse.

That's what you do when you have nothing else.

Agree-case closed...And that's w/o the mountain of circumstancial evidence that will be presented by the end of the trial...this is coming down to life in prison or death penalty debate vs a guilt or innocent debate...

Why did the defense ask Baden about the OJ trial? What point were they making? Were they trying to discredit him? I really don't see why it was necessary to the Coleman trial. Anybody know?

are you all watching this trial online?

"#Colemantrial Dr Baden says it would take 5-15 min per strangulation. Defense struggled to counter, but asked about Baden's OJ testimony."

It's great news that the defense had a hard time countering how long it would take to complete all 3 deaths... there is a time stamp of CC leaving at 5:43 a.m. on the City Camera at the neighborhood entrance/exit; and he was back at 6:50 a.m., can't remember when the neighbor policeman got on the scene, but no way was there enough time, especially to create reasonable doubt for the jurors. Not enough time for the mysterious SODDI to complete the killings, and spray paint the entire house.

Grasping at straws trying to discredit his testimony. So what! That's a almost 20 year old case and Baden has over 20,000 autopsies under his belt... OJ is a non-issue.

I just hope the jurors do not allow the defense to take this down the same road the OJ trial took. I'd think the prosecution could rest right now and he'd be found guilty because of the TOD! Imagine how much information proving Chris's guilt they will have by the end of the trial. I can't imagine they will need any time for deliberation - it's crystal clear he's guilty.

Guess the reason for the closed casket is the ligature marks on Sheri's neck and the bruises on her face. They probably couldn't make her look "serene".

I keep going back to the neighbor who heard a fight at 3 am and wonder if that was when Chris was killing Sheri.

The defense pushed the point that the doctors disagreed on their findings and that Dr. Baden said he doesn't find any fault with the inital forensic pathologist's findings.

Dr. Baden told the defense he thought he was more qualified because he has been to more than 1,000 crime scenes while working in New York. He said the other doctor does not go to the crime scenes because that is how Illinois' system is set up.

Dr. Baden said they both agreed the murders happened before 5:00 a.m.

The defense pointed out that Dr. Baden testifies for the prosecution 90 percent of time. But Baden said he has testified for defense in cases. He testified for the defense in the OJ Simpson murder case. He said "science is science" no matter what side he's testifying for.

The defense also tried to make the point that all methods used to make time of death have a degree of error. Dr. Baden agreed. The defense asked him if rigor mortis could set in right after death, if there was a struggle during death?

Dr. Baden said there are cases when someone hand is clenched when they were trying to hold onto or grab something. He said it was rare.

It was revealed during testimony that Sheri had two black eyes.

Dr. Baden said it was not from strangulation, but direct trauma.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/256341/3/Expert-Coleman-family-dead-before-Chris-went-to-gym

I just hope the jurors do not allow the defense to take this down the same road the OJ trial took. I'd think the prosecution could rest right now and he'd be found guilty because of the TOD! Imagine how much information proving Chris's guilt they will have by the end of the trial. I can't imagine they will need any time for deliberation - it's crystal clear he's guilty.

Guess the reason for the closed casket is the ligature marks on Sheri's neck and the bruises on her face. They probably couldn't make her look "serene".

I keep going back to the neighbor who heard a fight at 3 am and wonder if that was when Chris was killing Sheri.

I'm wondering about that fight too. Perhaps that neighbor will testify.

Also the timing of his "communications" that night with Tara.

I have read several comments (nothing official) that Tara testifies on Thursday.

Agree-case closed...And that's w/o the mountain of circumstancial evidence that will be presented by the end of the trial...this is coming down to life in prison or death penalty debate vs a guilt or innocent debate...

only life in prison. Pat Quinn finished what George Ryan started and Illinois will no longer have death penalty as of July 2011

I'm wondering about that fight too. Perhaps that neighbor will testify.

Also the timing of his "communications" that night with Tara.

I have read several comments (nothing official) that Tara testifies on Thursday.

It will be interesting to see what their conversations were about... Was she giving him an ultimatum? Or was he reporting the status of his "plan" - which would indicate to me that she was aware of his intentions. And if that was the case, why would she want him? (I'm thinking of Drew Peterson here!)

Perhaps violence gave Chris a high of sorts and he had to "talk" to Tara. (Sorry - that is a tad bit crude.)

Well - we will see - I am anxious to hear the timing of the calls and, hopefully, the content.

The defense pushed the point that the doctors disagreed on their findings and that Dr. Baden said he doesn't find any fault with the inital forensic pathologist's findings.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/256341/3/Expert-Coleman-family-dead-before-Chris-went-to-gym

IMO the defense can push the point they didn't agree all they want... they are splitting hairs here. The fact still remains both doctors do agree they were dead by 5 a.m., likely earlier. That still leaves 43 minutes with Chris in the home with his dead family. With the evidence of a struggle on Sherri's body, if SODDI, why didn't Chris hear the struggle? He did, because he was the one she was struggling with to save her life. They can't explain those 43 minutes.

I thought it took 24 hours for an eye to go black? :waitasec:

It depends on the circumstances -
The "black" is the ruptured capillaries and/or vessels and depending on the exact location and the strength of the punch, it can be very quickly.

Brpkelly Brian Kelly
Surveillance video at #Colemantrial shows him leaving home, no activity until pd arrives. Det. Testifies Coleman didn't ask how they died.

Interrogation video next up.

I wonder if that video of coleman's house shows him fake crying on the front lawn....
-
I found the tidbit that he never asked how they died intriguing...if your 2 child and wife were murdered, wouldn't you want to know how????

I didn't know Sheri had a black eye. Did this happen during the commission of the crime, or before? The Defense wants to say the couple was working things out, and things were better between them. Now, there's a neighbor that heard loud voices/fighting in the middle of the night.

IMO, from everything I've read and know about this case so far, this was not a sudden rage from Chris, but a planned killing of his wife and children. I think Sheri got that black eye as she struggled. Chris had scratches on his arm. Sheri struggled for her life against this selfish killing machine. It didn't stop there either. The boys had to go, too. Why, why, why?

I was wondering how long was CC bald? I see he has hair now so was wondering if that was part of his plan so none of his hair fell in crime scene area?

Finally some liver temps!

"Coroners took the temperature of Sheri Coleman's liver at 11 a.m. and recorded 90.4 degress. Then it was taken again at the funeral home at 1:17 p.m. and was recorded as 87.4 degrees.
Defense attorney Jim Stern said that was a rate of 1.5 degrees an hour, which he calculated put Sheri Coleman's time of death at 5:30 a.m., while her husband was at the gym.
Baden said Stern got it wrong, because the body does not start losing heat for three to four hours after death."

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/04/26/1684937/wheres-dr-baden-already-in-the.html#ixzz1Kf7RDyIu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker