TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two parts to the Jackson Sun article, I'm going to bring the other one forward.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...family-questions-early-handling-investigation
"A lot of people stuck their nose in law enforcement business that day, and too many people showed up there at one time," Wyatt (county sheriff) said. "We were trying to keep people away as best as we could, but when you have a few hundred people showing up, it is hard to do."
"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said. "So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints, and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined.
"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said, 'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here from walking where they had been."
"I don't believe that was the case," Mehr (TBI) said. "We have to believe what was told to us by the initial responders. . .And I have no doubt the initial responders told us the truth."
"It was so disorganized I got disgusted," Middleton (local resident) said. "With the people ripping through the woods on four-wheelers in the rain, you wouldn't be able to track anybody." "To drive in and drive out, you would to know those back roads."

How in the world did a few hundred people arrive at the scene within the first few minutes of the crime. Why didn't LE tape it off? I also want to know why the people that know those woods couldn't find the vehicle that took Holly, if there ever was one. Where was Clint's car parked when he was writing his narrative for LE? Why wasn't he driving his car to cut off the vehicle that had to leave the woods eventually? With that many people there, one of them must have been the perp....at least that's how I figure it.

Why is Dana left out of the story? Everything circles around Karen. Not one person asked Dana if he saw Holly. The male neighbor called his mom and Clint called his mom. I don't know, the entire story is false, imo.

A turkey camoed perp appears and talks to Holly at her house and brothe never engages him. The man must have harmed Holly (she screamed) and her own brother never heard anything but a neighbor 1/4 mi. away did. Holly went with a guy in a vehicle and the guy threw out her phone and lunchbag soon after It is also rumored her books were scattered on the main drag near her school. Of course the LE/pastors there won't confirm a darn thing.

Dana let the cat out of the bag about the blood in the garage belonging to Holly. He was then wisked from his seat on national TV by one of those pastor/sheriff/spokespeople type. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I honestly can't believe I'm saying this. I really, really can't. And I'm not saying I necessarily believe this, but it's a possible scenario. What if Holly did run away with someone, and Clint made all this up to cover for her? Maybe that's why nothing makes sense.

It's been mentioned over and over how odd it is that LE got to the scene relatively quickly, there was an eye witness, yet the case has gone nowhere. It seems very difficult for someone to get out of the area and to leave no trace in such a short period of time, given the description of the area, yet supposedly that's what happened. That just doesn't add up.

I really do believe this could explain a lot of things. It could either be that at this point the story got so out of control that Clint just can't bring himself to tell the truth or maybe he even has told his parents, and that's why they say we don't know the whole story and why Clint said he had a feeling we wouldn't be getting Holly back soon? Again, I'm not suggesting that the family is withholding information from LE, just throwing this out there. This could also explain that randomly placed items of Holly's that were found - it could have all been a ploy.

I might even go so far as to say that LE might know this, too, and that may be why they haven't released anymore information, but I'd think the FBI would retract its "abducted" label.

Honestly, at this point this is beginning to be the only thing that makes sense to me. I guess the one part that kind of goes against this theory is that I would assume LE has gone through Holly's computer and phone records and would have found out about any plans to meet up with someone, unless they really did this in a sneaky way. And I just can't believe that LE would know that she ran away and would not change their press release or her poster to "endangered runaway," but you never know.

I know I just threw out a theory to the contrary, but I'm just playing devil's advocate in both cases.

I wanted to address the confusion about Holly's shoes that she had on that morning and the discrepancies in the missing posters. Although this initially seems odd, it doesn't really concern me too much, and here's why...

First of all, how would anyone know what shoes she was wearing that morning for sure? Just by process of elimination regarding which shoes were missing? Or does Clint claim that he saw her shoes as she was walking into the woods?

My husband went missing a couple years ago, and I went down to the PD to file a missing person report. I HAD seen my husband when he walked out the door, but when they asked me to describe his shorts, I had to guess between basketball shorts or khakis, which are nothing alike. Then, when I got home I thought I saw the shorts I had told them he was wearing in the dirty clothes pile, so I had to call and ask them to change the information on his posters. So, alreadly, we had two batches of posters with completely different descriptions of clothing. THEN, when he was found, it turns out he was wearing an entirely different pair of shorts.

Between my not being able to recall what I last saw him in, his changing at the last minute, my not having an inventory of all of his shorts and mistaking what I saw in the closet for his "only" pair of khaki shorts when he had others, etc., it was really a complete mess and it was anyone's guess what he was wearing on the bottom.

Fortunately, in our case he was found safe and the shorts never mattered, but I just wanted to use this example because I had a clear shot of him, had a conversation with him, and still could not recall what he was wearing. I had to do it by process of elimination, ended up getting it wrong, and we produced two different copies of MP posters, so I can see how this shoe confusion would happen, and I don't make much of it. After all, the only eye witness was her brother, and what 25-yr-old brother pays much attention to his sister's shoes, especially if he only sees her for a split second while she's being abducted?

But as with most things in this case, you just never know....

I am beginning to wonder if it could be possible that Holly ran away with someone.
With LE not communicating anything from the 6th day of the incident, and CB saying that he had a feeling that they wouldn't be getting HB back for a long time (paraphrasing),
it almost sounds like he knew the person she was walking off with. We all have posted inconsistencies in EVERYONE who is reportedly involved stories.
I just wish I knew what in the world is going on here, and what truly happened....

nosyone, Bingo!
Common sense says the SILENCE since the cell phone was found speaks for itself..
the numerous changing descriptions of her disappearance and the abduction changed to just missing...
imo, she left with someone K. did not approve of, and that is the reason C. said what he said, 'she won't be found anytime soon....why else make that remark??jmo

Why is Dana left out of the story?
Everything circles around Karen.
Not one person asked Dana if he saw Holly.
The male neighbor called his mom and Clint called his mom. I don't know, the entire story is false, imo.

A turkey camoed perp appears and talks to Holly at her house and brothe never engages him. The man must have harmed Holly (she screamed) and her own brother never heard anything but a neighbor 1/4 mi. away did. Holly went with a guy in a vehicle and the guy threw out her phone and lunchbag soon after It is also rumored her books were scattered on the main drag near her school.
Of course the LE/pastors there won't confirm a darn thing.

Dana let the cat out of the bag about the blood in the garage belonging to Holly.
He was then wisked from his seat on national TV by one of those pastor/sheriff/spokespeople type.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm....

Whisperer, It comes across like 'they' don't want Dana to say much and seems that he isn't the one pulling the strings in this story.

From the very first hours, most everything/everyone involved with this case makes you go Hmmmm!
IMO, this case was Never what it seemed...Hmmmm!, is anyone wearing 'hip boots'?

How in the world did a few hundred people arrive at the scene within the first few minutes of the crime.

Why didn't LE tape it off?

I also want to know why the people that know those woods couldn't find the vehicle that took Holly, if there ever was one.

Where was Clint's car parked when he was writing his Narrative for LE?

Why wasn't he driving his car to cut off the vehicle that had to leave the woods eventually?
With that many people there, one of them must have been the perp....at lest that's how I figure it....

Whisperer, Excellent points, why?..

Clint saw the perp and said he was wearing FULL turkey gear. Clint also said he thought it was Drew.
What if it was?
Darn sure they know who would be wearing FULL turkey gear on their own property.
Turkey camo is very distinctive...and unlike regular camo.

.....where is Drew? Did he fall off the face of the earth?....

Whisperer, Per grandmother, in love and talking marriage, spending every night together for the last yr...
and not one word of concern from this guy for over a yr. for the love of his life who's missing....Hmmmmm!...
and yet, it was so urgent/important to make so many calls about turkey hunting the morning H. went missing...Hmmmm!..imo

I honestly can't believe I'm saying this. I really, really can't. And I'm not saying I necessarily believe this, but it's a possible scenario. What if Holly did run away with someone, and Clint made all this up to cover for her? Maybe that's why nothing makes sense.

It's been mentioned over and over how odd it is that LE got to the scene relatively quickly, there was an eye witness, yet the case has gone nowhere. It seems very difficult for someone to get out of the area and to leave no trace in such a short period of time, given the description of the area, yet supposedly that's what happened. That just doesn't add up.

I really do believe this could explain a lot of things. It could either be that at this point the story got so out of control that Clint just can't bring himself to tell the truth or maybe he even has told his parents, and that's why they say we don't know the whole story and why Clint said he had a feeling we wouldn't be getting Holly back soon? Again, I'm not suggesting that the family is withholding information from LE, just throwing this out there. This could also explain that randomly placed items of Holly's that were found - it could have all been a ploy.

I might even go so far as to say that LE might know this, too, and that may be why they haven't released anymore information, but I'd think the FBI would retract its "abducted" label.

Honestly, at this point this is beginning to be the only thing that makes sense to me. I guess the one part that kind of goes against this theory is that I would assume LE has gone through Holly's computer and phone records and would have found out about any plans to meet up with someone, unless they really did this in a sneaky way. And I just can't believe that LE would know that she ran away and would not change their press release or her poster to "endangered runaway," but you never know.

Regarding the FBI's choice of labeling on their site, they have little Lindsey Baum, Kyron and others under 12 as "Missing" and yet Holly as "Kidnapped." So I am not sure that they pay close attention to what they write on on the photos. JMO

How in the world did a few hundred people arrive at the scene within the first few minutes of the crime. Why didn't LE tape it off? I also want to know why the people that know those woods couldn't find the vehicle that took Holly, if there ever was one. Where was Clint's car parked when he was writing his narrative for LE? Why wasn't he driving his car to cut off the vehicle that had to leave the woods eventually? With that many people there, one of them must have been the perp....at least that's how I figure it.

To help answer this highlighted question, there was a recent interview with the Mom, where she claimed that they began calling everyone they knew, so IMO, they themselves caused all the people to come over and cause disruption to the investigation. I dont want to try and look up what interview that was in, but it was one of the more recent ones. When I saw that stated, it made me even more suspicious of things because why would someone begin to call everyone they knew when they haven't even figured out why she left. For all they knew at the time, she may have just gone off with a friend after a shouting match or something.

Also, wouldn't most people wait to talk with LE to see what LE directed them to do before calling everyone + their cousins to spread the news around town to come over and help. This just seems bizarre to me.

To help answer this highlighted question, there was a recent interview with the Mom, where she claimed that they began calling everyone they knew, so IMO, they themselves caused all the people to come over and cause disruption to the investigation. I dont want to try and look up what interview that was in, but it was one of the more recent ones. When I saw that stated, it made me even more suspicious of things because why would someone begin to call everyone they knew when they haven't even figured out why she left. For all they knew at the time, she may have just gone off with a friend after a shouting match or something.

Also, wouldn't most people wait to talk with LE to see what LE directed them to do before calling everyone + their cousins to spread the news around town to come over and help. This just seems bizarre to me.

Mom seems to have known something was going on with Holly, whether she had had a bad break-up at some point, or a stalker, or a threat. That is all that makes sense anyway, but why should anything make sense in this case...yet if so, Clint was unaware...surprise, surprise.

Mom seems to have known something was going on with Holly, whether she had had a bad break-up at some point, or a stalker, or a threat. That is all that makes sense anyway, but why should anything make sense in this case...yet if so, Clint was unaware...surprise, surprise.

I agree. The immediate falling down at the school, etc. It all points to that she almost expected something like this could happen.

I'm convinced of one thing. The public has not been told all that is known about this case, and if we were informed, then some of the confusing things would probably make more sense.

Which totally boggles my mind, because if you really want your daughter found, you would think you would share all that is known and protect NO ONE!!! Something is not making sense about this case. It leads me to think they are protecting someone they care about almost as much as their daughter. JMO of course

You raise the questions that I've wondered about on these threads as well:
The crime scene seemed to instantly have lots of LE, and agencies become involved. Ironically, with so many involved it was like they didn't know what to do first.
No road blocks, no copter in the sky...

The governor became involved in providing a reward faster than I've ever seen it done.

The plight of the family seemed to go viral somehow and lots and lots of locals showed up, but despite all the people pouring into the crime scene none report seeing HB being taken out of the area or even in the woods...

Tennessee LE in the Bobo matter: they came, they saw, they threw reward money at it, and they left.

I know this much,,,
Why didn't a cop go around, and try to head them off at the end off the logging road...?? If Clint seen them enter the woods and within minutes the police showed up as he was dialing 911...
Sorry... not buying into any story at this point... LE's or the family....
Prayers for Holly..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, the case stalled when her cellphone was allegedly found (around Easter ??). I think that is when searches stopped and we hadn't heard anything from LE since then.

There were two parts to the Jackson Sun article, I'm going to bring the other one forward.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...family-questions-early-handling-investigation
"A lot of people stuck their nose in law enforcement business that day, and too many people showed up there at one time," Wyatt (county sheriff) said. "We were trying to keep people away as best as we could, but when you have a few hundred people showing up, it is hard to do."
"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said. "So I was trying to preserve the crime scene and keep it from being disrupted because I knew the only thing we might have would be footprints, and I knew if someone stepped on them, then that's ruined.
"After I had stopped Mom and a few people and said, 'Don't walk up the trail and in the woods,' people started walking up there, so I just sat down in the car and continued writing my statement out," he said. "I wasn't going to be able to stop everyone who was coming up here from walking where they had been."
"I don't believe that was the case," Mehr (TBI) said. "We have to believe what was told to us by the initial responders. . .And I have no doubt the initial responders told us the truth."
"It was so disorganized I got disgusted," Middleton (local resident) said. "With the people ripping through the woods on four-wheelers in the rain, you wouldn't be able to track anybody." "To drive in and drive out, you would to know those back roads."

bbm

The bolded part is so ominous, imo

It can be interpreted in so many ways. It's as if he knew Holly wouldn't be coming back and he may not necessarily be referring to the "footprints" as the perp's footprints but Holly's. That would be the only thing left of her. Her footprints and if people stepped on them, it would be ruined. Almost like a memory of Holly.

bbm

The bolded part is so ominous, imo

It can be interpreted in so many ways. It's as if he knew Holly wouldn't be coming back and he may not necessarily be referring to the "footprints" as the perp's footprints but Holly's. That would be the only thing left of her. Her footprints and if people stepped on them, it would be ruined. Almost like a memory of Holly.

I agree. I interpret it as Clint believed Holly was already dead. Couple that with Karen’s level of grief at the family’s initial press conference, it seems her reaction was of a mother who believed her child not only missing, but deceased.

jmo

This is just IMO, but I think HB was abducted and i'm willing to bet that CB was to scared to intervene (like a child hiding under their bed when their parents argue, thinking it will be okay as long as they are under there). It is hard for me to reconcile the dragging suddenly morphing into forcefully led, which is countered with CB saying they casually walked into the forest.
I still think about the assumed 1st conversation KB and CB must of had (mostly based from JVM interview)-
CB- HB car is here mom, shouldn't she be gone?
KB- Yes, do you see her there still?
CB- No, but I see/saw silhouettes in the garage, should anyone else be here?
KB- Is she there or not?
CB- I don't know, but i'm going to hang up and look out this window for awhile.

I agree.

I interpret it as Clint believed Holly was already dead.

Couple that with Karen’s level of grief at the family’s initial press conference,
it seems her reaction was of a mother who believed her child not only missing, but deceased.

jmo

wishuwerehere, K's reaction at school had to be because of what was told to her by Clint on the phone....something really, really bad that took place....:please:
certainly not what we were led to believe..@ D. and H. casually walking in the yard...imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmxclearance