2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to take a lot longer than just one day. I think the judge is hoping to get one seated in a week, but I've read that is going to be difficult.

Thank you :blowkiss:

He is lugging that big rolling briefcase that is usually pretty empty...perhaps it's filled with items to amuse his client in case she gets bored.

Word on the street is it is full of RED BULL!!!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Jose Baez is asking for a continuance in light of scientific evidence rulings.
tweet thread

omg.. why in the world would he need a continuance for that? He's already presented his argument... and lost. Another delay tactic, it seems. :banghead:

Court is in session! Let's move on over to the jury selection thread. We'll open back up during the breaks and/or lunch breaks.

Closing up now.

I think what is taking so long is Judge Perry addressing those who are trying to get out of jury duty for today. He has to deal with that before he can bring the ones who are potential jurors in. I think?

"Beach! Sorry...s/b KENT!
Ya scared the dog outta me there locking the thread! What I was going to say is:
Perhaps HHJP is addressing the jury pool regarding the requirements of this case - that's what happened to me during my last service in Feb, but we were in the courtroom with the players present (but it was just a civil thing and not a national brou ha ha)

Casey appears to be scared, but I don't think it is because of the trial, I believe it is because of the change in those she is used to transporting and dealing with her for court. The new people she's dealing with this week are going to be different in so many ways.
I guess I would be skeered chitless too!

"Beach! Ya scared the dog outta me there locking the thread! What I was going to say is:
Perhaps HHJP is addressing the jury pool regarding the requirements of this case - that's what happened to me during my last service in Feb, but we were in the courtroom with the players present (but it was just a civil thing and not a national brou ha ha)

Me Too - I was all - Hey - I haven't done anything YET - what what what????

"Beach! Ya scared the dog outta me there locking the thread! What I was going to say is:

BBM.....
Me too....I'm looking around to see where everyone is......I get dizzy going up and down.........:floorlaugh:

Casey looks nervous but I have caught a few smiles so I don't think she is that terrified....JMO

Are they at a sidebar already? I swear, they should just start with sidebars everytime. Sheesh.

And of course CA and GA aren't going to be there. What's the point of looking at the non-10's that will judge their CEO daughter's fate? (In their mind. I don't think that of any juror).

MikeDeForest6 Mike DeForest

#CaseyAnthony jury pool was about to enter courtroom but judge just left courtroom with his robe off. Hmmm.

Casey appears to be scared, but I don't think it is because of the trial, I believe it is because of the change in those she is used to transporting and dealing with her for court. The new people she's dealing with this week are going to be different in so many ways.
I guess I would be skeered chitless too!

You know - that's a very good point and one I hadn't thought of - she's been in that OC jail so long the guards are now her "family" and everything here is brand new and probably pretty unfriendly....

Doesn't it just make you smile how the Prosecution is just rocking and smiling?

Caylee's Angels for sure!

In my humble and non-professional estimation, ICA looks scared and nervous in the courtroom today. I've noted quite a bit of self-grooming already, lots of lap stroking/pants smoothing...

Sorry! :hug:

My experience was the same re. jury duty! Mine wasn't a nat'l brou ha ha, either, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth