**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Kind of a busy week at the office and the weather has been so nice in the Chi that I've been reading advantage of it... Definitely most enjoyable.

While the news of the Ron Jeremy failed 2011 sting operation was interesting, it's nice to know Magnotta had sense enough not to go meet with the Mario Brothers look-a-like.... guess Luka and his hot pink camera didn't believe his own hype and knew a C list celebrity wouldn't know who he was... Well that and Jeremy backed out.

Back to the important topic, I'm curious to learn everyone's educated opinion, based on both their own and our collective investigation, about: How Lin Jun and Magnotta met.
- Is there any evidence the two knew each other prior to the night of the filming? If so, what is the evidence?

- If no evidence of prior interactions, might the victim have responded to the Craigslist film project ad previously noted? Did the victim have an interest in the film industry that would make this plausible?

- What was Magnotta's "type" (age range, preferred races, build)?

- Did the victim and the accused share any similar sexual interests?

In my opinion the more facts we can uncover to answer the above questions, the easier it will be to most accurately answer the many questions about the video and the crime itself.

Looking forward to reading all of the educated theories built on facts you all may care to share.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Other than why let some random tie you naked to his bed in some seedy low-rent flophouse? (I understand it happens), there are four specific things that make me wonder whether they'd known each other a while. First, the victim's apparent loneliness and sense of disconnection may have made him more inclined to get involved with someone who was a little (or a lot) off and rationalize it -- especially if that person was a "local;" second, third and fourth, there have been some reports that (1) they were "together" and that LJ found a new bf thereby p*ssing lm off; (2) that lm had previously lived in an apt. closer to LJ's apt. and the store where he worked and may have met him that way; and (3) also one report (totally unsubstantiated afaik) that LJ lived in the same apt as lm. In my mind, the last report may have been an erroneous statement based on LJ coming and going frequently rather than actually living there. Oh, and maybe a 5th thing. The head in the park. Maybe they had been there together before for certain purposes or in different circumstances. I don't truly believe this last thing myself, but anything is possible.

So, jmo, I think they knew each other for a period of time. I'd guess 6-8 weeks.

The problem is that we can only guess right now about such things. But here are my opinions:

1. I haven't heard of any evidence linking the two prior to the murder, though the media released stories stating that the two were lovers. I never believed that they were lovers in any serious sense of the term. But if they were then I suspect that LM reacted to Jun wanting to hide their homosexual relationship. LM made a few posts online about a relationship in which his (middle eastern?) boyfriend hid him from his family and friends, not wanting them to know that he was gay. This was a sensitive point for Luka. I do believe those posts expressed genuine feeling.

2. It makes a lot of sense to me that Jun might have responded to a craigslist ad about making a film, if he was desperate for money, which according to the media he was since his foreign education cost so much. He wouldn't have needed an interest in film in order to take part in the making of one (besides, don't most humans have at least a slight interest in being filmed?). There's the chance that Jun was into exhibitionism since he posted so many shirtless photos of himself online but that might have just been an attempt to attract male partners. He also might have been responding to a personal ad by which Luka drew him in online and over the phone so that by the time he was brought back to the flat he already felt he trusted and liked him enough to not be disturbed by the environment of the seedy apartment.

3. I tend to think LM really is a white supremacist and targeted men/women of other races. The types he is seen romantically linked with in photos often do look "ethnic" but one has to wonder if those people are alive and well/why Luka was dating them. It's also possible that Luka is attracted to an "ethnic" look (darker skin, etc) but after being burnt by some lover began to target that sort or at the very least to go through white supremacist phases in which he vented his rage. ...Considering build, his partners seem to have typically had a bigger bone structure and a manlier "look" all-around (even the she-men look manlier which isn't saying much). The partners appear to be close to his age. This is all based solely off of pictures I've seen online since the case opened.

4. It's difficult to extrapolate from the sparse data as to whether they would have shared sexual interests. You do know that there's a media hush about the case due to Canadian law? That's why we're all tossing up theories like headless chickens.

Thanks. Kind of a busy week at the office and the weather has been so nice in the Chi that I've been reading advantage of it... Definitely most enjoyable.

While the news of the Ron Jeremy failed 2011 sting operation was interesting, it's nice to know Magnotta had sense enough not to go meet with the Mario Brothers look-a-like.... guess Luka and his hot pink camera didn't believe his own hype and knew a C list celebrity wouldn't know who he was... Well that and Jeremy backed out.

Back to the important topic, I'm curious to learn everyone's educated opinion, based on both their own and our collective investigation, about: How Lin Jun and Magnotta met.
- Is there any evidence the two knew each other prior to the night of the filming? If so, what is the evidence?

- If no evidence of prior interactions, might the victim have responded to the Craigslist film project ad previously noted? Did the victim have an interest in the film industry that would make this plausible?

In my opinion the more facts we can uncover to answer the above questions, the easier it will be to most accurately answer the many questions about the video and the crime itself.

Looking forward to reading all of the educated theories built on facts you all may care to share.

one other crazy idea,do you think there is any small posibility that LM may have offered JL money for sex,therefore sparking some small excitment in Jun Lin's mind.
I really think Luka wanted to hurt JL all along because Jun seemed to have a happy personality {the human equalivalent to his kitten victums}..and LM may have been jealous of Jun's ability to negotiate thru cultures/imigrate/thrive
JL seemed to be about as "out" in some ways ,Luka falling back on the " Bi" designation
a little too much

I read somewhere that Luka made bad postings about a gym/trainer who is beautiful and ethnic,might Luka and Jun Lin both have been facinated with this trainer? {sorry I don't remember the trainers name,I'll look} but Jun at one point looked like he spent regular time in a gym ...and we know Luka had obsession about his own lack of muscles..{this also speaks to the notion that Jun Lin would seek to build muscle and Luka would only think to surgicaly paste them on } you rarely saw Luka post about another man ,except his "secret manager"
so I thought it was wierd that he would mention this trainer {who is middle eastern in appearence/and stunning btw}
**could Luka have suggested to Jun Lin that they make a sex tape to TRADE for services with this closeted gym trainer,since they were seemily like-obsessed with their physical bodies ??? thus Luka would have his victum and get back at some past mis-deed he saw with Nader involved?

EDIT:: you've all seen this but here it is again for refrence/it seems it was posted near the date of JL killing{nader eid has since taken down his website/s,all that is refrencable{sp} is this ripoff report }Luka had to know that this was the one thing that Nader would not be able to remove from the web himself right?? {because Luka was not able to remove his own bad reviews,working as Jimmy on the sex-trade report boards}
http://www.ripoffreport.com/franchisors/nader-eid-fitness-tr/nader-eid-fitness-trainer-aja-cf970.htm

<snippy-snippy>

Too bad we can't sleuth the victim, it could have shed some more light in this case.

Are we yet 100% sure that the craiglist movie add was really from LM? It seems so plausible since the given event what took place, but still, there are some other loonies out there with even worse ideas and fantasies....

We still don't know what JL was really like, other than the statements made by his family and friends. I'm 100% sure that he was a real sweet guy, but every person has their own little secrets. To have the oppertunity to live an openly gay life, may have led to a more "kinkier" business. One could imagine that he wouldn't tell his parents about all his sexual activity.

I know the follwing is a huge speculation though, but still i want to share it with you. JL loved to photograph right? Does anyone happen to know, if he took a course in photography, given by the uni or some other place? Knowing that LM was a camerawhore it could be possible that he voluntered for modeling for hobby photographers? That way you meet "casually" and one thing let to another....

Baudi found out that he had 1 ex lover in Montreal, maybe she can tell us what type of person he/she was, physicly.

Sorry if i sound incoherent, but i hope you understand my train of thought...

1. How they met. Seems to me the two primary theories are that their meeting was either through Craigslist or LM running into JL at the store he worked in. Given the store is run by Asians, and how some believe LM was a white supremicist I doubt he'd frequent such a store if this is true...and trolling for a victim in such a store doesn't seem as likely either. I'm more inclined to believe it was Craigslist...whether it was a hookup post or the video request post I am not clear on. I don't think they knew each well, if they had met prior to the night of the murder I don't think it was too much earlier then the actual murder. I don't know of any "proven" evidence of how they met. There have been posts with references to a video/film request, specifying no sex...which does fit with LM. Still I am not aware that has been proven.

2. Similiar sex interests? The only clear similarity that can be said definitively is that they both had sex with men. Going more specifically then that would be hard. LM has various posts describing various fetishes and all, but I am not aware of posted/documented information from JL describing his sexual proclivities.

3. LM's type? Well, we know he likes men who pay. I suspect he likes men who create their own avatar. Afterall, LM was/is an avatar...he certainly wasn't the online footprint he portrayed online, and IMO was an actor who tried to pull together various components as to simulate a human and ultimately disguise the empty and vaccuous true interior. I think this is what made him more comfortable with transgendered types. I'm not equating them as pathological equals to LM, but they do create an avatar type existence in many ways. I believe this resonated with LM and he felt more comfortable around it.

Personally, I do believe that LM and JL had met before, and there was some sort of relationship. I tend to believe that LM may have selected JL specifically to be a victim and possibly groomed him to trust him enough to end up at the apartment that horrible night. From the limited information we have seen about JL, he seemed like someone with a good heart, who was struggling with difficult issues in life (money, being in a foreign country trying to get an education, etc). I just can't think of very many things that someone who was as twisted and narcissistic as LM would have had in common with JL. LM and JL seem like polar opposites, and it doesn't seem like there would have been very much common ground to build a meaningful relationship between them. Thus, I think they had met before, but JL was a victim from the very beginning. I have no idea as to where they met. :twocents:

At the very least, it was clearly focused on because he KNEW he had photos of him posing with it in the past, and it was clearly shown in the 'promo pic' for the video with the purple hoodie.

As to the history behind his choice of that poster for the wall , that's been tossed around here and there with varying opinions.

In whatever weird way he may "connected" to the film, is he posing in the photo (posted by Haunted) as "both" of the actors in the Casablanca poster? Bogart's eyebrows, her Lips?...just sort of creepy...

....since we're all just speculating my opinion is not based on anything but gut feeling as well....call me naive but I don't think Jun was in any kind of relationship with Luka before this happened.I also don't think he was answering some add where he would get paid,I don't think so at all and he definitely wouldn't have paid for Luka either....what we do know is Jun Lin was working and he was going to school and he was in a relationship....we also know Luka chatted up his neighbor ,who he never talked to before to come to his place (if we believe the neighbor) I think Luka was ready for his human killing,for his video and he met Jun Lin by chance and chatted him up.Luka seems nice enough for Jun Lin to go with him.I believe by the time he was tied up ( ...and I do think that's Jun Lin tied up) he was drugged by Luka...his movements are sluggish and odd....i think the fact that Jun Lin was cheerful and in shape made the killing easier for Luka,like someone said he was the cat equivalent .....but I don't think they knew each other prior,or maybe just knew each other superficially.....the theory that Jun Lin was seeing nader is interesting but I don't think they had any kind of connection.I do believe however the whole nader thing started luka's downfall....well,whatever happened in his childhood IMO started it but that relationship seemed to have sealed it....

1. How they met. Seems to me the two primary theories are that their meeting was either through Craigslist or LM running into JL at the store he worked in. Given the store is run by Asians, and how some believe LM was a white supremicist I doubt he'd frequent such a store if this is true...and trolling for a victim in such a store doesn't seem as likely either. I'm more inclined to believe it was Craigslist...whether it was a hookup post or the video request post I am not clear on. I don't think they knew each well, if they had met prior to the night of the murder I don't think it was too much earlier then the actual murder. I don't know of any "proven" evidence of how they met. There have been posts with references to a video/film request, specifying no sex...which does fit with LM. Still I am not aware that has been proven.

2. Similiar sex interests? The only clear similarity that can be said definitively is that they both had sex with men. Going more specifically then that would be hard. LM has various posts describing various fetishes and all, but I am not aware of posted/documented information from JL describing his sexual proclivities.

3. LM's type? Well, we know he likes men who pay. I suspect he likes men who create their own avatar. Afterall, LM was/is an avatar...he certainly wasn't the online footprint he portrayed online, and IMO was an actor who tried to pull together various components as to simulate a human and ultimately disguise the empty and vaccuous true interior. I think this is what made him more comfortable with transgendered types. I'm not equating them as pathological equals to LM, but they do create an avatar type existence in many ways. I believe this resonated with LM and he felt more comfortable around it.

Great post, Mozzmo. I agree, I have seen no evidence that there was any prior relationship between JL and LM, despite what news outlets reported in the early days when the story/crime broke.

Nor have I seen any evidence that JL and LM shared any "sexual" interests, other than their very limited sexual orientation.

As for how they came to meet, if JL was indeed lonely, as some media accounts have suggested, it would not be unusual for him to spend time on Craigslist trying to meet a partner/casual relationship, or whatever. The Craigslist ad requesting a participant in a "movie" would be a helpful way to explain how JL might have agreed to be put in a compromising position at LRM's place, without much of a struggle.

Of course, this is merely speculation; and LE probably knows much more than we do now about how these two met, if they have LRM's phone and/or laptop and/or access to any of his thousands of online accounts or emails. They would also have information from friends of JL, who could speak to any of his prior relationships or associations.

Personally, I do believe that LM and JL had met before, and there was some sort of relationship. I tend to believe that LM may have selected JL specifically to be a victim and possibly groomed him to trust him enough to end up at the apartment that horrible night. From the limited information we have seen about JL, he seemed like someone with a good heart, who was struggling with difficult issues in life (money, being in a foreign country trying to get an education, etc). I just can't think of very many things that someone who was as twisted and narcissistic as LM would have had in common with JL. LM and JL seem like polar opposites, and it doesn't seem like there would have been very much common ground to build a meaningful relationship between them. Thus, I think they had met before, but JL was a victim from the very beginning. I have no idea as to where they met. :twocents:

I think for the very reasons you point out-- I can't see how JL and LRM really shared many interests-- it is unlikely they had any kind of substantial prior relationship. I think if JL was lonely, as I said above, it would not be unusual for him to be trying to meet new people/friends/partner or just anyone, on Craigslist. It's entirely possible, their meeting was meant to be spontaneous spur of the moment and would not go behind a single night.

IMHO, LRM is too flakey, superficial, self-centred, and egotistical to spend months or even weeks "grooming" a victim, when he probably regarded himself as "so hot" he could get easily find a victim at the drop of a hat. He'd probably get bored with "grooming" someone pretty quickly too.

Also keep in mind: LRM's neighbour told reporters that on the night of May 24, 2012, the night of the murder, LRM invited him up to his room to watch some horror films. The neighbour declined.

Source: http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...life-imitating-art-victim-s-family-speaks-out

This, to me, suggests LRM was still searching for a victim as of May 24, 2012, and must have happened upon JL later that night.

I think for the very reasons you point out-- I can't see how JL and LRM really shared many interests-- it is unlikely they had any kind of substantial prior relationship. I think if JL was lonely, as I said above, it would not be unusual for him to be trying to meet new people/friends/partner or just anyone, on Craigslist. It's entirely possible, their meeting was meant to be spontaneous spur of the moment and would not go behind a single night.

IMHO, LRM is too flakey, superficial, self-centred, and egotistical to spend months or even weeks "grooming" a victim, when he probably regarded himself as "so hot" he could get easily find a victim at the drop of a hat. He'd probably get bored with "grooming" someone pretty quickly too.

Also keep in mind: LRM's neighbour told reporters that on the night of May 24, 2012, the night of the murder, LRM invited him up to his room to watch some horror films. The neighbour declined.

Source: http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...life-imitating-art-victim-s-family-speaks-out

This, to me, suggests LRM was still searching for a victim as of May 24, 2012, and must have happened upon JL later that night.

I agree, and also believe that the puppy was obtained by LM as a lure and means to disarm his victim. It provided an excuse to get someone into his death chamber, whether using the dog in public, around the apt complex, or simply telling Craigslist responders when they called/contacted him. The dog would certainly be a distraction and help another stranger feel safe once in the apt. Cute, cuddly puppy owner and human butcher aren't two thoughts that usually come together. Its the very reason why child molesters are so successful at using such ploys to lure children. LM needed a distraction as to reduce the creepy vibe he gives off. IMO, the puppy helped humanize him. Additionaly, I think LM got off on the fact the puppy could be used in the video as a huge F-you to the animal rights groups as well as helping connect him once again to the prior cat killings.

I agree and would just like to point out that LM had a huge and very negative footprint online. I find it hard to believe any stable, psychologically healthy/sane person would go out with LM once learning of his online presence. He used a different name..."Jimmy" for at least some of his escorting. I wouldn't be surprised if he used fake names when meeting others too. If JL met LM via Craigslist, I would not be surprised if JL knew him under a different name. It would have been way risky for LM to have used his real name when searching for a victim. Too many people go online and google to learn about others. People use social websites and sleuthing too. Facebook is a very commonplace to look up new people. LM's facebook/google presence was very negative and filled with controversy. Most decent souls are going to run, run, run from that kind of chaos and drama. I hope when the trial comes we get to learn of his email communications with JL and just what name he went by. It is remotely possible that he used his name, and that JL was too naive/trusting and just didn't look it up....especially if this was a one night stand or first meeting situation. IMO, that's all the more reason I believe they didn't know each other well, JL would have found out about the online footprint ....or even perhaps LM was using a false name....and then he would have ended it. JMO.

I agree and would just like to point out that LM had a huge and very negative footprint online. I find it hard to believe any stable, psychologically healthy/sane person would go out with LM once learning of his online presence. He used a different name..."Jimmy" for at least some of his escorting. I wouldn't be surprised if he used fake names when meeting others too. If JL met LM via Craigslist, I would not be surprised if JL knew him under a different name. It would have been way risky for LM to have used his real name when searching for a victim. Too many people go online and google to learn about others. People use social websites and sleuthing too. Facebook is a very commonplace to look up new people. LM's facebook/google presence was very negative and filled with controversy. Most decent souls are going to run, run, run from that kind of chaos and drama. I hope when the trial comes we get to learn of his email communications with JL and just what name he went by. It is remotely possible that he used his name, and that JL was too naive/trusting and just didn't look it up....especially if this was a one night stand or first meeting situation. IMO, that's all the more reason I believe they didn't know each other well, JL would have found out about the online footprint ....or even perhaps LM was using a false name....and then he would have ended it. JMO.
I know that multiple media sources stated that LE said that LM and JL were in a relationship so I assumed that LE had some sort of adequate evidence of that. I do think terms like "gay lover" are just the media trying to sensationalize it though. They probably did a little hanging out, but for all of the abovementioned reasons I do not believe that they were in deep enough for a stormy breakup.

Also, is there any evidence that the CL ad was actually posted by Luka? There is a chance that it could have been a total coincidence, right? I'm just curious as to what indication there is other than timing for making a film?

At first I was thinking that y'all were way off with the puppy as a lure, but you may be correct. He approached the neighbor and attempted to lure him with a similar interest, and may have done the same with JL. Perhaps he had told Luka that he loves dogs and wants to get a puppy. He may have even told him he had a gift for him. Sucks not having any solid details. I feel like we are all chasing our own tails!

At first I was thinking that y'all were way off with the puppy as a lure, but you may be correct. He approached the neighbor and attempted to lure him with a similar interest, and may have done the same with JL. Perhaps he had told Luka that he loves dogs and wants to get a puppy. He may have even told him he had a gift for him. Sucks not having any solid details. I feel like we are all chasing our own tails!

Chase your tail if you must, but I don't feel its far fetched (pun intended..). It is clear LM planned this murder....thought about this murder....for a long time as it is replete with various nods to his idols and symbols that mean something to him. His signature is all over this crime. He has a demonstrated history of animal cruelty, torture and killing. Yes, it was cats, but he has no demonstrated history to my knowledge of having a pet longterm. The puppy in the video is very young. Given LM knew of his plans to carry out his murder, I can't fathom a logical reason to adopt a pet when within the last week or two before the crime. When planning to take flight to Europe after the crime. Obviously he disposed of the dog, as no one has stepped forward to claim that LM left the dog with them to be cared for. I don't see him doing that, because it would be able to be used as evidence and hence why I believe he killed it...in addition to just being evil to animals, keeping this one could do him more harm then even the others he killed in the past. The only reason I can imagine adopting a dog within a week or so before leaving the country, is that it was just one more element to his crime that he wanted and obtained....and like I said it could have been used for multiple reasons. Its not possible to know which reason was the primary but that doesn't mean that the presence of the puppy didn't also have unintended effects on visitors, including a comforting/calming impact; LM lived in a hovel and it would have been a great ice breaker, a conversation piece, or even a gimmick to get someone to find you more endearing then you may actually be. I don't find any of this far fetched in the world of LM. What I would find far fetched is that he actually cared for this dog and found it a proper home before leaving for the prostitution streets of Paris.

I do believe that Luka kept pets,there are just so many pictures of him with dogs and he also talks about his "*****" neighbor complaining about his cats....I could imagine that he had a love/hate relationship with pets as well,probably thought they were cute and adorable but might easily feel jealous and /or betrayed by them?

I think luka had 2 motives for the puppy. To use in the video to outrage all the animal lovers who had been following his animal cruelty crimes. And two to help lure a victim inside his apartment. Perhaps even claiming he had a puppy for sale. It seems like he didn't have a victim until that day because he asked his actor neighbour to come in, but he declined.

In this interview with the CBC Jun Lin's parents indicate they believe LM took advantage of their son's kind nature to lure him into his apartment. I suppose all parents want to believe the best of their child, but JL's parents knew him better than anyone else and it's the best insight we can get into how JL and LM ended up in the same room together as of right now....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...n-lin-murder-parents-grief-china.html?cmp=rss

On a sidenote, the interview is absolutley heartbreaking. It has managed to make me loathe LM even more. No matter what happens, I don't think LM will ever experience the kind of suffering that Jun Lin's parents are going through. I wish every sicko who keeps reposting the video could hear his mother say that every time someone watches it, it's like her son is being murdered all over again.

Its not possible to know which reason was the primary but that doesn't mean that the presence of the puppy didn't also have unintended effects on visitors, including a comforting/calming impact; LM lived in a hovel and it would have been a great ice breaker, a conversation piece, or even a gimmick to get someone to find you more endearing then you may actually be. .

Hey guys! Sorry I've been mostly lurking.
Mozzmo made some great points about the dog. Jun Lin often blogged about his tabby cat called Andy. He obviously liked animals and a puppy would definitely break the ice.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/07/luka-rocco-magnotta-1-lunatic-1-ice-pick-jun-lin/

In this interview with the CBC Jun Lin's parents indicate they believe LM took advantage of their son's kind nature to lure him into his apartment. I suppose all parents want to believe the best of their child, but JL's parents knew him better than anyone else and it's the best insight we can get into how JL and LM ended up in the same room together as of right now....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...n-lin-murder-parents-grief-china.html?cmp=rss

On a sidenote, the interview is absolutley heartbreaking. It has managed to make me loathe LM even more. No matter what happens, I don't think LM will ever experience the kind of suffering that Jun Lin's parents are going through. I wish every sicko who keeps reposting the video could hear his mother say that every time someone watches it, it's like her son is being murdered all over again.

Thanks for posting this interview. Their grief is clearly palpable and overwhelming. Words don't seem to capture their suffering. As a parent, I can say I wouldn't know how to move forward knowing a video would forever remain online of my child's graphic and gruesome murder. Its a "forever trauma". Clearly JL not only came from a deeply loving family, but he..himself was the same. The juxtaposition of JL's personality/family upbringing, to that of LM's is jarring. It could not be much more divergent. For me, this highlighted difference is part of what compells me to seek to understand LM. Sure psychopathy/sociopathy can be written in the genes. I'm sure there are just genetically bad apples. Still, I also know that enviroment and other variables can also be contributory. Crimes like this should give society pause, and cause all to examine what morals and values we celebrate in culture and what, if any, ill impacts they have. We also have to examine what goes wrong in such cases as to help erradicate it as a scurge within our communities. It is through this that JL's life gets further validated and his death is not in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie