UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if NS mom did see Ethan in that condition if she was told it was from a peanut allergy like they were trying to claim ? just a thought......

I keep wondering if these dates somehow are mixed up because I certainly am confused over them ..... :)

Great sleuthing, laytonian. I've wondered from the beginning what on earth the prescription could be. That would reveal a whole lot. Was it for an injury? Antidepressant/mood stabilizer? Infection of some kind?

If she went to the pharmacy at 5 AM to get it, it must be relevant in a big way, I'm thinking....

Totally and completely JMO...

She talks of last seeing Ethan at 0300, and that he was asleep. IMO, he was dead long before that, and that is actually the approximate time when they buried him. I think they returned home at approximately 0500, and while she may have picked up a prescription for , the real reason for the trip to the store at that hour of the morning was to purchase cleaning supplies in an attempt to clean the apartment of all evidence. I hope LE has receipts and video.

I wonder if NS mom did see Ethan in that condition if she was told it was from a peanut allergy like they were trying to claim ? just a thought......

I keep wondering if these dates somehow are mixed up because I certainly am confused over them ..... :)

Well LE states that the first photos showing clear signs of abuse were from the 4th. She claims to have seen him on the 5th. She either didn't see him at all and was just getting carried away in the interview trying to sugarcoat her son and DiL, or she did and needs to be charged. JMO.

My thoughts on the photo in the media ***JMHOO***

-------------------------------------

1) iirc in the KSL video that first showed the picture they said it was sent to them.
-who sent it?
-it was not attributed to LE
-can we assume it was one of the battery of photos mentioned or was it a different
photo? And if so, who was it sent to/who leaked it? Who else was she sending
her pictures to?

2) In the report they said the photo was taken on 4 May, but the wording in the screen cap of the video is 5 May
-was the dating a mistake/or the reporting a mistake?
-either way, on 4 or 5 May Ethan has a HUGE contusion to his left jaw with
significant swelling and injury. This means in the least, that he was BEATEN prior
to May 4-5th AT LEAST.

3) He arrived in Utah with his 'Mother' on 28 may which was a wednesday His father, according to Media reports, called him every day.. until on "monday" (which was 3 may he last talked to him and on subsequent days was given excuses why his son could not come to the phone.
-no matter if he was abused from that very first day he left (1 may) until the day his mother started saying he was "unable to come to the phone (tuesday 4 may) obviously something horrible was going on after that last call on Monday. Whether she was just being controlling over the phone and situation or he had already been abused physically at that point we do not yet know but, according to his father, it was the last time he was able to talk to his son.
-4 may (tuesday) would fit with the day the abuse started based on the picture that was in the media and would also account for his mother saying he could not come to the phone in later on. His Father stated that he called his son every day and last talked to him on Monday, 3 may.

Sorry for the long post...

Good points. IMO by that time (the 4th), poor little Ethan could no longer speak.

after reading Stephanie's probable case statement again:
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf
-------------------

Sunday 9 May:
-3am she says she checks on Ethan and he is asleep
-5am she runs out to pick up a prescription
-530am she returns with nate sitting "calmly" and says the baby is dead
-she says he is cold and blue and she tries cpr (eta: and STIFF)

on looking back at her whole statement I can see why the SA says this statement should not be taken as fact and that there is another mountain of evidence
A dead body does not get cold and stiff in 2 hours.

I didn't put in my post that she went to sleep... (wasn't in the probable cause statement)

However, the fact that on Mother's day, 9 May 2010 she
-at 3am woke up to check her son (who has already been obviously beaten)
-at 5 am makes a trip to the pharmacy
-at 530 am when she 'gets back' according to her to find Nathan calm and awake saying her baby is dead
-and than 30 or so hours reports him missing

well, as cold hearted as all of that is.. I am sure the @#$%^ found some time in there to sleep.

And to go shopping at Best Buy.

3. I can leave the apartment and go shopping or pick up his drugs. While I'm gone, I can drive to the police station or call 911 and get help.

4. While at the court house, I tell my future groom that I have to freshen up a bit (I wanna look pretty for him). While I am there drag an officer into a room and plead for my sons life please go and check on my son (cause the wedding can wait)!

Wonder what woke her up at 3am Mother's Day morning? I really doubt Ethan was alive at that point. We have to remember the decomp odor when trying to figure out death. LE would smell that in a heartbeat when entering the apt. and that's a smell you can't get rid of short of burning the place down. moo

5:30 in the morning - you just don't walk in Walgreens and demand a refill - you call first, and unless a Dr. has called in a new script and tells the pharmacist it is for urgent, immediate use OR there is an emergency need for a refill, you get it when the pharmacy opens later in the am. You pick it up at the drive through - I mean a pharmacist isn't going to go flying around for trash bags and duct tape at 5am or any time - I think she went to a 24 hour convenient store. I have never worked in a Walgreens but have friends who do, maybe they are different in UT, idk moo

Seems we are trying to make sense of her lies - and there are plenty of them. moo

The 24 hour Walgreens here fills and refills any prescription any time, day or night, inside the store or at the drive through. There is a pharmacist on duty 24/7.

4. While at the court house, I tell my future groom that I have to freshen up a bit (I wanna look pretty for him). While I am there drag an officer into a room and plead for my sons life please go and check on my son (cause the wedding can wait)!

That's what infuriates me.

She was in the COURTHOUSE. Surrounded by LE and court officers. Adjacent to a jail. Her son (allegedly) was still alive at that point in time.

:furious::furious::furious:

Hey cubby :)

I appreciate what you're saying. just getting back to the thread this morning. A little ways down from my post that you quote here, a link was provided to Utah law that requires anyone to report suspected child abuse, not just mandated reporters. IMO, she got carried away in the interview; she was talking about how good and kind NS and SS are, and then said she'd seen the three of them on the 5th (Wednesday) and they were happy and ok... IF she really did see him on that day, he was clearly battered. I certainly want SS and NS to be held guilty for Ethan's murder, but if she truly did see him on the 5th, she needs to be charged, and there is a specific law that applies here.

I did see that as I got caught up with the thread later. There is, as I see it, still some uncertainty on whether that photo was taken on the 4th or 5th. Until we have confirmation on when it was taken, we need to remember we don't yet have verification she saw any injuries on Ethan so we need to discuss the possibilty as so.

thanks!

I did see that as I got caught up with the thread later. There is, as I see it, still some uncertainty on whether that photo was taken on the 4th or 5th. Until we have confirmation on when it was taken, we need to remember we don't yet have verification she saw any injuries on Ethan so we need to discuss the possibilty as so.

thanks!

FWIW, I wish every state had that as law, and I'd like to see it include elders and vulnerable adults, too (i.e. disabled)

Well LE states that the first photos showing clear signs of abuse were from the 4th. She claims to have seen him on the 5th. She either didn't see him at all and was just getting carried away in the interview trying to sugarcoat her son and DiL, or she did and needs to be charged. JMO.

OR....she's under duress and confused the day (?).

I'll be the first to be angrier, since she's obligated under Utah law to report abuse, if we get confirmation of a May 4th injury photo and a May 5th visit.

But...it's easy to confuse things. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt for now, as a mother myself and a person who really does want to think the best of people. (But I'm going to keep the facts/details in mind)

We had that happen in the Koecher case, regarding the Ruby Valley trip. Two mothers initially said he was some place on Dec 8th. Then they changed it to Dec 9th. Then we (WS) found info that made it impossible for him to be there on Dec 9th, so we changed the timeline to Dec 10th.

Sometimes, you've just gotta make your own decisions based on the info.

But it's Utah law that ANYONE who saw that child with injuries and did not report them, has committed a crime.

Snipped from this article: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...der-charges-in-Ethan-Stacy-case-yet.html?pg=2

"... in order to determine which of Ethan's injuries may have caused his death and which injuries were inflicted on his body after he died."

Yikes!!! I do not really know anything about the practice of a medical examiner, but this just sounds horrible. In a person with only one or two injuries, it would seem that it would be easy to determine which occurred before or after death. This statement leads me to believe that Ethan's injuries number so many that this task is incredibly difficult. :furious: I hate saying this, I hate thinking it, and I don't even want to imagine what this little boy went through. MOO

According to the Justice for Ethan Stacy FB page funeral services are set for Wednesday the 19th. Would this then mean the medical examiner is done with the autopsy and we should be seeing additional information this week?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122374551115521

It would mean that the physical examination of the remains has been completed and the entire body is no longer needed.

I'd suspect there's still going to be examination of body tissue samples (ie, the brain itself) ... as well as toxicology.

(MY favorite crime show is Dr G, Medical Examiner)

thanks!

Hi Cubby, if there is a law in the state, is the thinking that LE are not doing their job? If this woman met with an obviously beat up child, with bruised face, broken jaw, and clearly in danger, why wouldn't she have been charged as such? Seems to me this is such a high profile case, LE can't afford to overlook the one person who could have saved this child. Are we assuming LE are negligent? tia

Snipped from this article: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...der-charges-in-Ethan-Stacy-case-yet.html?pg=2

"... in order to determine which of Ethan's injuries may have caused his death and which injuries were inflicted on his body after he died."

Yikes!!! I do not really know anything about the practice of a medical examiner, but this just sounds horrible. In a person with only one or two injuries, it would seem that it would be easy to determine which occurred before or after death. This statement leads me to believe that Ethan's injuries number so many that this task is incredibly difficult. :furious: I hate saying this, I hate thinking it, and I don't even want to imagine what this little boy went through. MOO

I'd suspect that they're trying to determine if the hammer was used before or after death. They also need to determine who used the hammer. If the hammer has been recovered, it may have DNA/fingerprints from either or both.

It really makes **no sense at all** to disfigure a face; any clown who's seen CSI knows how that remains are identified in other ways.

I think it's going to get much worse, than we can imagine. MOO.

It would mean that the physical examination of the remains has been completed and the entire body is no longer needed.

I'd suspect there's still going to be examination of body tissue samples (ie, the brain itself) ... as well as toxicology.

(MY favorite crime show is Dr G, Medical Examiner)

Thanks. I haven't yet had enough coffee and again could not sleep. Didn't fall asleep until a little after 5am. Ugh! Your post makes sense, thanks.

I wonder... what are the chances that Nathanael Sloop's alleged diagnoses of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) will be used in/ as his defense? (His ex-wife Jennifer has stated that he had been diagnosed with MPD, and that he claimed to have two other personalities, one he called 'Ghost', which was very violent and filled with rage).

I also wonder if the prescription Stephanie is said to have picked up at Walgreen's at 5:00 a.m., may have been prescribed psychiatric drugs for Nathanael?

Maybe by that time, even 'Nate' realized he needed help- something to help him 'focus', as there was now so much 'work' (mutilation, burial, synchronizing stories, etc) to be done.

I wonder, too, if he received a state disability check for psychiatric reasons every month, and this is why he seemingly wasn't employed (as far as I can find).

I truly believe these two spent that week high on meth. Meth is dangerous enough all on it's own, but combined with existing mental problems, it has proven to be explosively deadly.

These are just my personal speculations at this point.

~ Links referencing Nathanael's supposed Multiple Personality Disorder:

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/a...y-feared-unstable-mother-would-steal-him.html

http://sltrib.com/news/ci-15087130?source=rss

That's what infuriates me.

She was in the COURTHOUSE. Surrounded by LE and court officers. Adjacent to a jail. Her son (allegedly) was still alive at that point in time.

:furious::furious::furious:

This is exactly why IMO Ethan was no longer alive = [

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members