GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

Just got my answer. Geesh these people are scary. :innocent:

I found the photo I was looking for! The enlarged color enhanced photo is about 1/3 down.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/eveatm.html

HTH

wm
eta

this article from 3-9-2008 gives info on the photography expert who enhanced the photo. Hold down ctrl and press +++ to keep enlarging.

http://raleigh2.com/font-facetahomaphoto-expert-second-person-seen-in-suv-in-carson-murde-p617-1.htm

Wow!!! A big :tyou: and a :cheer: for your finding and sharing these pictures. A big help and a missing piece of this puzzle for me. Many thanks!
icon12.gif
icon14.gif

Lovette is sitting there with his brow all a crunched...he does not appear happy about Ms. Love's testimony. She testified that she recognized the handgun as belonging to Lovette and saw him carrying it on several occasions. My opinion.

Morning (cigarette) break in court for 20 mins. this is tobacco road after all.......
wm

was that a coke sitting in front of him? or was that a lawyers?

Oooooo! Defense just discredited the witness about her son smoking a blunt. Ms. Love was shown a video too describe. She was smoking a blunt and holding it up to her young son's mouth. (her description, video not shown) Son was 3 yrs old, IIRC.

Jury was out during this and has now returned....defense has resumed questioning.

Wow..the contrast of how the defendants and Eve lived their lives is so remarkable!! Eve, living such a productive life of academics, friends, family, travel and giving to causes...... and these guys not working, not going to school, freeloading off of people for a place to live, heading out at night looking for someone to rob, sitting around smoking blunts with a three year old! It makes me sick.

borndem, the link is in my above post #63.

wm
Yes it is, matilda,
icon12.gif
and I am digging into it with many thanks again! I don't know how you found it, but it's a big one for me!!:great:

This defense atty is doing a good job cross examining this witness. She is whittling away at discrediting her. moo redirect from SA coming up.

wm

Yes it is, matilda,
icon12.gif
and I am digging into it with many thanks again! I don't know how you found it, but it's a big one for me!!:great:

I am glad I could help, borndem:)

Those pics haunt me, Eve's blond hair is in a pony tail, IMO. There's no doubt in my mind that she was being held by Atwater in the back seat of her SUV.

Those pics haunt me, Eve's blond hair is in a pony tail, IMO. There's no doubt in my mind that she was being held by Atwater in the back seat of her SUV.

No question she is back there. Whether the figure we see in the photo is her or the doesnt really matter. I'm 100% positive she is back there. Why else would Atwater be in the backseat? Plus, they wanted her there to make sure they could get money out. Once they knew they had the PIN and it worked, only then did they decide they didnt need her anymore. They could have just driven her to a remote place and dropped her off, and that would have given t hem sufficient time to get away. But no, I think they wanted to shoot her.

No question she is back there. Whether the figure we see in the photo is her or the doesnt really matter. I'm 100% positive she is back there. Why else would Atwater be in the backseat? Plus, they wanted her there to make sure they could get money out. Once they knew they had the PIN and it worked, only then did they decide they didnt need her anymore. They could have just driven her to a remote place and dropped her off, and that would have given t hem sufficient time to get away. But no, I think they wanted to shoot her.

I agree PrarieWind. IMO, both Atwater and lovette exited that SUV and shot her after getting her pin #. Eve was shot by both Lovett's handgun and Atwater's sawed off shot gun.

I keep looking at this pic, even blown up, and I just can't make her out.

IDK, I was laughing too hard! I am so glad that you caught that! I was wondering if anyone else is following along.

I wonder where Worm got a wig?:crazy:

ETA

I mean no disrespect towards Eve but I sure needed that Laugh!!! I hope that Eve is laughing along with us. She is the reason we are all here.

Worm always wears a white warm wig on wacky Wednesdays and weekends.

Why wouldn't we?

Is this witness Jeff AKA Philly?

He is being questioned about the route taken when the gun was disposed and I remember Ms love stating Philly was driving to the autobody shop.

Never mind, My questioned was answered in testimony. Just trying to keep all this straight.

I have to run the vacuum, spray some febreeze and scrub some things before Mr wm returns home.:D Please keep us updated on details.

wm

Yes, and I would assume he had that little .25 pointed at her the whole time. Did she think that they would kill her, or did they "reassure" her that they wouldn't if she behaved? What panic and horrible thoughts must have been going through her sweet head?

I have been wondering for a while now, as probably many of us have -- and I'm thinking that unless Atwater testifies, we will never know -- what events preceded her being dumped on Hillcrest? Did she try to make a run for it and they shot her down, or did they just pick this area because it was dark & they got paranoid or impatient?

Did she pizz one of them off & he shot her in the car for the first shot & shoved her out and they finished her there in the street, or just what? And how did her computer have a shot fired through it? Part of some mad scramble in the car?

Any ideas, anyone? Did Atwater or Lovette tell anyone what happened, & if so, was it true? Eerie, odd and awful.

That fits with what Lovette allegedly did with the Duke student. He robbed him and then shot him dead. And that was how he said he was going to make a living -- rob & kill.

Can't leave any witnesses. But Lovette's MO didn't work well or for very long. What an idiot and a cold, un-feeling &) $*#^*(*.

:furious:

That is pretty rough to read Matilda. But that report tells a lot. Shot in the bottucks. Was she trying to run away? or Did that shot come after she was already down? She certainly was alive and conscious when shot wtih the shotgun since she raised her hand into the blast. I dont know enough about this case or remember enough, but were the shots heard by anyone?

I think that when they turned into hillcrest...Eve knew she was going to get killed and tried to make a run for it. No other explanation for her being shot in her right buttocks unless she was running from them. She fought even after being shot 4 times and Atwater then shot her in the face. They are both heartless thugs.
There is a video on Youtube of a younger Atwater rapping....shows the useless life he was leading and is mostly about shooting people. It is under Demario Atwater TRU if you can stomach watching that guy.

That is pretty rough to read Matilda. But that report tells a lot. Shot in the bottucks. Was she trying to run away? or Did that shot come after she was already down? She certainly was alive and conscious when shot wtih the shotgun since she raised her hand into the blast. I dont know enough about this case or remember enough, but were the shots heard by anyone?
-

Yes, Prairie. The first witness the PT called was a woman who was wide awake before 5:00am that morning -- she was seven months pregnant so she just lay there after getting up for a bathroom run ... She heard what she thought was one shot, followed by a woman's scream, and then heard three more rapidly-fired shots.

She thought about it, woke her husband and he told her to call 911. She did, and the call was recorded as coming into them at 5:08am, IIRC. When asked what the scream sounded like, she said she thought it sounded like it came from a younger woman rather than an older one. They lived on Marilyn Lane, and she thought the shots were behind their property. And in fact the shots were on the street behind them -- Hillcrest and Hillcrest Circle.

The CHPD came, spoke with her, then started looking around. They found the body fairly quickly, and things got started.

Yes, I do wonder if Eve tried to make a run for it. If she thought they were planning to kill her, why not just try? Or did a struggle in the car start things? Or did they order her to get out and lie on the street, and they just shot her in cold blood? I surely would like to know, but unless Atwater testifies and tells the truth, or unless Lovette told someone about it & that person testifies (and Lovette told him/her the truth), we will never know.

What a horrible, horrible way to spend the last 1 -- 2 hours of your life -- in total abject fear, loneliness and helplessness. Oh, my. Grrrrrr.
icon9.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back