GUILTY NC - Misty Carter, 22, found murdered, Buncombe County, 19 Oct 2009

What a sad story. I feel bad for the guy who reported everything--if he's telling the truth. What a shame that he was allegedly trying to do the right thing and it blows up in his face...I hope they find the person/people responsible and take a close look at the boyfriends/ex-boyfriends.

Not sure, is this her Myspace?

http://www.myspace.com/dragons_87

I believe it is, yes.

I'm still digging and I've got email alerts all over, but here's what I've learned thus far. I'll post the links as I find them.

Misty lived in the same place all her life in Mountain Home NC until two months ago when she moved in with her boyfriend of five months JG, who also lives in Mountain Home. They'd split, aparently recently, an then gotten back together when Misty found out she was pregnant. I'm guessing that's when she moved in with JG. Well as it turns out, the baby she was six weeks pregnant with didn't belong to JG. Presumably that means the baby belonged to someone else. Bothersome, yes, although I'm not entirely sure how she was so certain that it was not JG's baby. (info as per Blue Ridge News interview with JG)

Misty was with her sister all weekend according to her sister CB. CB last spoke to Misty, whether in person or by phone, at around 11 pm Sunday night. JG says that he last saw Misty Friday night.

Misty's father, BC, friends and other relatives all agree that no one had a "reason" to harm Misty. Even Misty's high school teachers are coming forward to say that she is a wonderful person.

Misty was found at approximately 6:30 am on Monday morning, naked, lying approximately six feet off of the road on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mile marker 395.1~ Glenn Gap. She was found in the turn off area pictured below. The pictures show the area from both directions of travel.

This is where she was found...

MistyCarterBodyLoc.jpg

MistyCarterCase.jpg

Ugghh, the photo!!! Looks just like the area Kristi Cornwell was abducted from!
Did you come across Misty's DOB?

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091022/NEWS01/910220317

*snipped (barely)

"FLETCHER — Billy Carter remembers his daughter as a likable, caring person with a good sense of humor.

He last spoke with her when she called to tell him she was going to have a baby.

“She called me last week to let me know she was pregnant,” an emotional Carter said Wednesday. “She was tickled to death. She really loved little kids. She would have made a real good mother.”

Misty Lynn Carter's nude body was found early Monday on the Blue Ridge Parkway by a hiker, lying in the dirt a few feet from the roadway at Milepost 395 — near Glenn Gap north of the Walnut Cove overlook. Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office said Carter's death is considered a homicide and is the county's first recorded slaying of the year.

Investigators have released little information about how the 21-year-old Mountain Home resident died or progress in the investigation, either publicly or to family members.

“They're not giving out anything,” Billy Carter said. “They're really keeping us in the dark about a lot of things. But I've got faith they'll catch who did it.”

An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday; results were not available as of press time. Jackson Funeral Home in Hendersonville is handling arrangements, but Carter said funeral plans won't be finalized until the body is returned from the autopsy, which is expected by today.

Misty Carter's boyfriend, Jermaine Glover, said Wednesday the two had been dating about five months. He said the last time he saw her was Friday night, when she left the house. Carter often spent weekends hanging out with her sister, Crystal Branson, Glover said.

Glover said Carter told him last week she was pregnant. He said he learned Tuesday night from Branson that he was not the father; she identified the father as a former boyfriend.

Glover said he was interviewed Tuesday by detectives who acted “like I knew that wasn't my baby and she was cheating on me, but I didn't know.

“It was a shocker. I don't know what to think.”

(2 of 2)

Glover said he has no idea who killed Carter or what she was doing over the weekend.

Elmetta Dickens, 69, lived next door to Carter on Spring Place Drive in Mountain Home. She said Carter lived there all her life until moving out about two months ago.

“I've known her since the day she was born,” Dickens said. “She was just a full-of-life girl.”

Dickens said Billy Carter came by her house Tuesday and broke the news, sobbing.

“He said, ‘That body on the Blue Ridge Parkway, that's Misty.' I was shocked. It hurt me so bad to know that she was used and thrown away like a piece of trash on the side of the road. It broke my heart because I have two daughters. When it's someone you've known her whole life, it really is a tragedy.”

Dickens said of Billy Carter: “He's a very broken man, and he's a fine man.”

Another neighbor, Jeff Cartwright, said he's a friend who had known Carter a long time.

Carter moved out of what had been the family home on Spring Place Drive about two months ago and in with Glover on Piney Ridge Road in Mountain Home, Cartwright said.

“She was a fun person,” he said. “She liked to ride motorcycles. She was real laid-back. All she ever wanted was a man that would treat her right and a baby.”

Staff at North Henderson High School, where Carter graduated in 2006, described her as a good student who was well-liked.

“I really enjoyed her,” teacher Mollie Lytle said. “She was very sweet and kind. She never would hurt a soul. She had a lot of friends and was very outgoing. I was just so sad when I heard it was her. I just feel for her family.”

Carter was last heard from about 11 p.m. Sunday, when she called her sister, Billy Carter said.

He said Crystal told him nothing seemed troubling about the conversation.

“My daughter talked to her at 11 Sunday night,” he said. “She just never came home Monday morning." ........

Ugghh, the photo!!! Looks just like the area Kristi Cornwell was abducted from!
Did you come across Misty's DOB?

It does resemble the area to some extent, doesn't it? And oddly enough this dump site is about 126 miles ENE (driving distance) from where Kristi Cornwell's phone was found too. Spooky, huh?

Haven't found Misty's DOB, not yet, but it's not from lack of looking for it.

Here's a picture of Misty
MistyCarter.jpg

We need to find out the BF's middle name and approximate age. If it's who I think it, he is one bad apple. RSO and numerous assault charges. Note; I said I need to confirm his identity, I may have the wrong person. Her MS is private so I can't view her pic's or other info.

Hi/New Poster

I was looking for a thread on the Blairsville, GA woman/missing for over a month now and didn't find one.

I'm in Atlanta/FWIW and I believe this may be of interest to some of you--perhaps it isn't directly related to this case but it is good FYI--if anyone was planning a visit to north GA. I never in my wildest thoughts would have imagined that something like this could go on in GA.

http://www.ajc.com/news/investigators-say-couple-tied-168662.html?imw=Y

A visit to north GA was always a treat but I guess I won't do that this year.

Well I think I eliminated the bad apple possibility, he's incarcerated in Florida.

I wonder who Misty thought the baby's father was - possibly someone who was married or the like? Not casting aspersion's on Misty here, just trying to find a motive for her death.

RIP Misty and prayers for her family.

Friends recall Misty as quiet, shy

Preliminary results from the autopsy had been released to law enforcement, Lt. Ross"We don't have any new information to release about the case today," he said. "We are still actively investigating this incident."

Dickens said when Misty was a little girl she would come over to get strawberries from her husband. "Misty was shy," she said. "But she had a smile; the one people see in the news now, that was Misty.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article.../NEWS?Title=Friends-recall-Misty-as-quiet-shy

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wlos_vid_1098.shtml

A grieving father mourns the loss of his daughter. The body of 21-year-old Misty Carter was found on a gravel turnout along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Monday.

Her father, Billy Carter, says he hopes detectives can make an arrest in the case soon. Carter says that on Thursday, detectives made the family aware of parts of the autopsy that have not been made public. He tells News 13 he can't understand how anyone could be so brutal to a young woman who was so kind.

A memorial service for Misty will be held at 12:30 pm this Saturday, October 24th. At the Chapel in the Pines of Jackson Funeral Service. The family will receive friends from 11am to Noon.

BBM (video included with Misty's Father)

To me, IMO, it sounds like this could very possibly be related to her being pregnant. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that a week after she told everyone, she ended up murdered.

Misty Lynn Carter

66578.jpg
Asheville - Misty Lynn Carter, 21, of Mountain Home, went to be with the Lord, Monday, October 19, 2009.
She was preceded in death by her paternal grandparents, Joe and Robenia Carter and her maternal grandfather, Ray Samuel Pace.
She is survived by her father, Bill Carter of Cherokee and her mother, Tammy Rene Pace of Hendersonville; her sister, Crystal Branson of Hendersonville; her brother, Joshua Pace of Inman, S.C.; two nieces, Brianna Rene Carter and Aubrey Faith Barnett; her maternal grandmother and step grandfather, Grace and Jack Williams of Rossville, Georgia.
A memorial service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, October 24, 2009, at the Chapel In The Pines of Jackson Funeral Service.
The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the chapel.
Condolence cards may be sent to the family at www.jacksonfuneralser vice.com or to P.O. Box 945, Hendersonville, NC 28793.
Published: 2009-10-23

http://obituaries.citizen-times.com...78&PHPSESSID=32457c03da64245177ef3c0bf1f81ac5

Is there some reason why you are pushing a connection to the abduction that took place in Georgia?

It does resemble the area to some extent, doesn't it? And oddly enough this dump site is about 126 miles ENE (driving distance) from where Kristi Cornwell's phone was found too. Spooky, huh?

Haven't found Misty's DOB, not yet, but it's not from lack of looking for it.

Here's a picture of Misty
MistyCarter.jpg

Is there some reason why you are pushing a connection to the abduction that took place in Georgia?

To the best of my knowledge, no one on Misty's thread is "pushing" for any connection to Kristi's abduction. More than one poster here has mentioned it because it's fresh in our minds. It too was in a rural, mountain setting, and that's the extent of it. I labeled what I said 'odd" and "spooky" and that's precisely what I meant, and that's all I meant. I think it's spooky when I've been looking at an area on the map for weeks that's been labeled by the astro's as a place to search for evidence in Kristi's abduction and then someone dumps a body in it.

What I'm more curious to know is why you chose to draw more from it than what was intended. Do you believe that the two cases are connected? If so please share with us what you're thinking!!

No, I feel strongly that they are not related, and I think it's a bit of a stretch to connect the two cases.
Furthermore, Asheville isn't exactly what one could correctly call "rural", with nearly 500,000 in the metropolitan area, a huge -for its size- art, literature, music, and dining scene, not to mention a rather large population of tourists (now is peak tourist season) who come specifically to view scenes on the Blue Ridge Parkway during Fall.
I haven't had the opportunity to visit Blair, GA, but I can only guess with a population of less than 800 it is strikingly different than Asheville.

Kristi Cornwell. Am I missing something here? Did they find her? She was, apparently, abducted. She lives closer to Atlanta, GA than Asheville. Lots of people go missing there everyday.

Misty Carter. Well, we aren't certain what happened to her, but we do know her fate. There is also a mounting pile of evidence that could point to someone local.

Perhaps I am dense, but I just don't see a connection. Could one of the astrologers please shed some light here. I'm sure both the Cornwell and Carter families would appreciate the help from above.

blackappy

To the best of my knowledge, no one on Misty's thread is "pushing" for any connection to Kristi's abduction. More than one poster here has mentioned it because it's fresh in our minds. It too was in a rural, mountain setting, and that's the extent of it. I labeled what I said 'odd" and "spooky" and that's precisely what I meant, and that's all I meant. I think it's spooky when I've been looking at an area on the map for weeks that's been labeled by the astro's as a place to search for evidence in Kristi's abduction and then someone dumps a body in it.

What I'm more curious to know is why you chose to draw more from it than what was intended. Do you believe that the two cases are connected? If so please share with us what you're thinking!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back