Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brackenwood house? I STILL think that house plays a part in this case.

I'm thinking that the Brackenwood house was nothing more than a distraction to legitimize the search. Think about the filming of it. He did searches before and didn't film them or ask anyone to go with him. That day he asked for someone to go with him, they filmed it, he went to the house and did just a cursory search. He didn't check the outbuildings or even do too much digging in the garbage. Then he went to the woods. They filmed in the area of the remains, but carefully just a little ways away from her body, with no remains showing in the pic. Then it was over. No more searching, they stopped just after that area.

This is all JMO of course.

Maybe Dominic actually found some of the missing items and does not want to testify to that. You guys are right-the angle has to be the protection of himself so what did he do that was so wrong? Did he scatter the remains? Did he find the clothes and the phone?

It was a stupid move for a lot of reasons...but anyhoo... I don't understand the hold that the anthonys seem to have over some people. It makes no sense for him to have done something illegal to begin with - why would he have? I don't get it why would he have this loyalty to cindy. I wouldn't go to jail for anyone, least of all a stranger!:waitasec:

I found it very suspect that his three letters of engagement with Baez, mom and pop and Casey had the payment pages missing when they were released. He stated he has not yet been paid, so one would infer he has a contingency clause. That was sured up in my mind when the gossip was S&S publishing house was making a book deal with....get this.......... mom, pop, Brad AND DOMINICK. My very , very first thoughts when I learned of the possible book deal, and him being part of it was that mom and pop better make that man happy, because the trial is a year or two away , loyalties change, friendships change, his fondness for Cindy going unrequited as my Gram would say, he could let his conscious get the better of him and tell the truth when pushed right up to the line in the depo. I hope he will.

Does any one have a comprehensive copy of the letters of engagement, contracts regarding Dom , et al? TIA:croc:

Maybe Dominic actually found some of the missing items and does not want to testify to that. You guys are right-the angle has to be the protection of himself so what did he do that was so wrong? Did he scatter the remains? Did he find the clothes and the phone?

IIRC Discovery photos showed 2 blankets that were found with/near Caylee's body -- the WNP blanket and a pink one. Didn't Hoover's videotape show Dominic picking up and discarding a pink blanket? Could this be the same blanket? If so, they were VERY close to the body, it not right there. My guess is that he did find the body or other items and either did or did not tell Baez.

Another poster pointed out D's adamant statement to Hoover that he KNEW where Caylee was, they were going to get her, and she was not alive. And then if you add his discomfort and reluctance at telling LE that Baez told him NOT to call 911 if he found the body. And IIRC again (someone correct me if I'm wrong), D did go out searching a few more times after his escapade with Hoover. Leads me to strongly believe that he DID find the body, but Kronk got there before they (D and Baez) could decide what to do about it.

This explains KC's strong reaction (How can this be happening?) when the body was found. My theory is that she had finally told Baez (or a family member) where the body was, and Baez (or Cindy) sent Dominic out to find and recover. Thank God they were just a little too late.

In short, based on the statements and reactions weve seen, I think Dominic knew exactly where the body was and knows that LE has a good chance of proving this. They can also show that he was not under contract with Baez at the time and therefore had no reason not to contact LE with the find. SA will pressure him about this during deposition, and there is a good chance he will have to tell the truth (not unlike when he broke down and told LE that Baez told him not to call 911). Yes, he is VERY concerned that he will be charged with a crime and has every reason to be.

IIRC Discovery photos showed 2 blankets that were found with/near Caylee's body -- the WNP blanket and a pink one. Didn't Hoover's videotape show Dominic picking up and discarding a pink blanket? Could this be the same blanket? If so, they were VERY close to the body, it not right there. My guess is that he did find the body or other items and either did or did not tell Baez.

Another poster pointed out D's adamant statement to Hoover that he KNEW where Caylee was, they were going to get her, and she was not alive. And then if you add his discomfort and reluctance at telling LE that Baez told him NOT to call 911 if he found the body. And IIRC again (someone correct me if I'm wrong), D did go out searching a few more times after his escapade with Hoover. Leads me to strongly believe that he DID find the body, but Kronk got there before they (D and Baez) could decide what to do about it.

This explains KC's strong reaction (How can this be happening?) when the body was found. My theory is that she had finally told Baez (or a family member) where the body was, and Baez (or Cindy) sent Dominic out to find and recover. Thank God they were just a little too late.

In short, based on the statements and reactions weve seen, I think Dominic knew exactly where the body was and knows that LE has a good chance of proving this. They can also show that he was not under contract with Baez at the time and therefore had no reason not to contact LE with the find. SA will pressure him about this during deposition, and there is a good chance he will have to tell the truth (not unlike when he broke down and told LE that Baez told him not to call 911). Yes, he is VERY concerned that he will be charged with a crime and has every reason to be.

I can believe this....BUT wouldnt he be looking at a misdemeanor? I mean it is a crime not to report a body perhaps, but there has to be something more he is afraid of. JMO.

Interesting. Did he remove something that linked KC directly to the body? I always thought KC told Lee or JB where the body "might" be and they went to find it, to then take it and continue to claim Caylee was alive out there somewhere, all the while knowing she was dead. However, the Larry King interview right before they found the body tells me that they went to find her body but never found it, I just don't think they would have left her there to be discovered.

I think they were told she was there and went out to search, then could not find her. I shudder to think if DC would have found her what they would have done with her remains.

I honestly don't understand the A family at all. IHMO

Personally, I think that D. Casey is a quagmire. Regardless that his contract with the defense of KC had lapsed/expired, he then signed on as HER PI, so in essence, he was still under the protection of work product for KC. In addition he signed on with her parents as well, so he is thoroughly covered. I do not believe they WILL make him testify for this very reason. He may no longer have been employed by Baez but he WAS still employed by KC. That means ANYTHING he did for HER or for the Anthonys was and is and will ever be protected under the work product rule and I doubt he can be forced to divulge it-much as we would all LOVE to see that happen-unfortunately.

I believe that it is Baez that is scared to have DCasey deposed by the State. I studied one of the documents that DTennis filed recently, and just under her signature was the words "attorney for CASEY MARIE ANTHONY" (clearly a huge OOPS, and probably paperwork done by the Baez Law Firm)
That IS a huge OOPS! You don't happen to have a link to that particular document do you? And if not could you describe to us what exactly that document IS? Thanks.

and I tend to agree with you. It also would answer why the police said "Lee knows what he's done" ...

Ok, this Cherokee is having a duh moment or I totally missed this. Link please and TYIA!! :waitasec:

Don't think he can work for CA and GA and KC, too and maintain the attorney-client priviledge information protection. CA and GA are third parties so anything he discusses with them....not priviledged....anything he discussed with JH...not priviledged. When he was on the phone anything he discussed with anyone other than JB....not priviledged. So I would think they can depose him and ask him anything he discussed with anyone other than JB. Of course DC is already on record about what JB told him if he found the remains....horse out of the barn.

Ok, this Cherokee is having a duh moment or I totally missed this. Link please and TYIA!! :waitasec:

http://www.wesh.com/news/18561060/detail.html

Anthonys: George Regains Will To Live; Police Investigate Lee
Source Says Investigators Want To Know What Lee Anthony Knew

POSTED: 7:50 pm EST January 25, 2009
UPDATED: 8:41 pm EST January 25, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Investigators credited with saving Caylee Anthony's grandfather's life last week said on Sunday that they will be going back to ask members of the family some tough questions.

The investigators said they'll be focusing on Caylee's uncle, Lee Anthony.

Anthony family attorney Brad Conway told WESH 2's Bob Kealing on Sunday that grandfather George Anthony has regained the will to live.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18561060/detail.html

Anthonys: George Regains Will To Live; Police Investigate Lee
Source Says Investigators Want To Know What Lee Anthony Knew

POSTED: 7:50 pm EST January 25, 2009
UPDATED: 8:41 pm EST January 25, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Investigators credited with saving Caylee Anthony's grandfather's life last week said on Sunday that they will be going back to ask members of the family some tough questions.

The investigators said they'll be focusing on Caylee's uncle, Lee Anthony.

Anthony family attorney Brad Conway told WESH 2's Bob Kealing on Sunday that grandfather George Anthony has regained the will to live.

Some of the same investigators credited with saving George Anthony's life after he disappeared now have to resume their investigation into the death of his granddaughter. That includes asking questions about what Lee Anthony knew about Caylee's disappearance and when he knew that information.

"We kind of treat him separately," a source close to the investigation told WESH 2 News of Lee Anthony. "He knows what he has done."

The lawyer for Lee Anthony said on Sunday that Lee is working out of town and trying to deal with his father's issues the best he can.

Investigators also said that they are still looking into possible charges against Lee Anthony. However, Conway said Lee Anthony is not asking for immunity from prosecution because the family isn't sure why he would need it.

Meanwhile, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony said the strain of waiting so long to bury Caylee was a contributing factor to George's desire to harm himself.

"In our culture, burying your loved on is one of the biggest steps towards healing, and he has not been able to do that," Conway said.

Conway said the outpouring of love and compassion is bringing George Anthony out of the woods.

"He does have that will to live and survive, and he knows he does have a lot to offer those who will go through it and are going through it," Conway said.

At Caylee's memorial, Leona Lieber said she had the same thoughts when her son died after a battle with cancer.

"When I lost my son, I just wanted to be with my son, just like George wants to be with Caylee," Lieber said.

Thank you. This part bothers me. a source close to the investigation.

But I had missed this interview so thank you again. :)

Hello WS :)

Thank you for that video link chefmom!

I had never seen that video in it's entirety. Pavers, pavers, pavers! I agree with other WSers who have said that DC was being led by someone in the Anthony family. The way DC video taped the pavers in the woods, and then two of the very same pavers were right near the flower bed at the house, screamed to me that he was told "she is near some pavers."

The way DC went to the garbage bags at the house and used his little knife to cut through the bag, he also knew that Caylee had been put in a garbage bag. And, the way DC was zoning in on that blanket that was on the ground, he also knew about the pooh blanket.

I agree that Lee knows something, something that the SA was willing to give Lee immunity for-that Casey gave him the location of Caylee. Whether someone helped her or not to dispose of Caylee, I am still trying to figure out. When all the "RK" stuff that recently happened came out, many of us were saying: what about DC? I stick to that, what DC did in that video and his changing of stories re: who he was employed by and when and hearing that JB told DC not to call 911 if Caylee's body was found...plus this new information that he never wants to be deposed...all way to hinky for me.

I am back to thinking that Casey did keep Caylee somewhere when she needed to party and no one was available to watch her, I am not stuck on this but this last week I was transcribing AH's statement to LE and she says Cindy tells her that Casey was watching Caylee the night of the "no clothes party" and Amy says she was at that party also: but it seems that Amy is surprised that Casey(per Cindy)had Caylee that night. Meaning: It seems that Amy did not see Caylee at that party. Where was Caylee that night? Was Caylee ever taken to that abandoned house? Why else would DC even go there? Maybe an alive Caylee was never there but there is some reason DC was filming and looking at garbage bags and pavers at that location.

7/23/08
Amy H interview with LE

AH: She said that she was worried. She hadn't seen Caylee. She hadn't talked to Caylee in over a month. Uhm, Casey kept saying, "she's fine, she's with the nanny." Uhm, and she pretty much you know said that she thought Casey was an unfit mother and that if this goes on much longer that she would sue for custody of Caylee if it got to that.
LE: Why did you, why did she think she was an unfit mom?
AH: Uhm, the going out, the partying. She uhm, I don't know if you guys have seen the picture of Casey and the American flag. That's from the no clothes party we went to in May. Uhm, she pretty much showed that picture, that she had printed it off from a computer, in her face and said, "You're at work? Huh?" So and that, that she had been watching Caylee and Casey had said she was at work. Uhm, it was all the going out, the partying...

Now, I had always taken this as CINDY was watching Caylee the night of the no clothes party and was upset that Casey had told her she was working. But the following makes it clear that Cindy was upset not only because Casey had lied and said she was working but also that Casey had been watching Caylee that night. From this statement from Amy, this story is being told in the context that Casey is an unfit mother. I would guess that Casey when confronted with the computer evidence she told Cindy that Caylee was with the nanny that night-but why would Cindy be so insistent to Amy, in this conversation that this was a good reason to sue for custody because Casey is an unfit mother?

LE: That was the night of the no clothes party?
AH: Yes
LE: So she was with the mom at the no clothes party?
LE: Caylee was?
AH: Oh, uh, uh yeah.
LE: Okay
AH: I did not think that, but yeah, that would imply that, yes. Uhm, but I mean I know that was the night that, that par...that picture was taken and she said that she had been watching Caylee that night. Pretty much was like, "You're at work, huh?"

DC video taped the shed, but only from the outside-granted the shed was so full of stuff it would have been impossible to get inside if he didn't clear out some of the stuff. But, I think his info went something like this from whatever Anthony family member, "Casey says the body is in the woods off suburban drive"...when he goes and sees some pavers but no Caylee he tells the Anthony on the phone, "nope, nope I'm not finding her." And the Anthony on the phone doesn't have Casey there to give more info and they are desperate to find Caylee before anyone else so they give some more info they have. "Well, there is an abandoned house where Casey put Caylee in the shed, maybe Casey got confused or whatever but you should go check it out."

I may be way off base here re: the abandoned house but now I am wondering where Caylee was the night of the no clothes party because we all know there was no nanny.

:cow:

And, after posting this I went to the "Friday's hearing..." thread and saw this motion:
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits

I am really starting to feel that Casey gave Caylee's location to her family during this visit. (Are there other visits we have not seen yet? TIA) And, she had to give the info in "code" because she and they knew they were being listened to...so that is why as I said in my other post here-DC was given the information about the abandoned house but it was vauge.

I also think this text message from Casey to Tony, hours before Casey was arrested the first time shows that Casey understood that LE not finding Caylee's body was important. A reason she would go ahead and tell, probably Lee where to look.

LE: Anything in that hour and a half conversation on the 17th with Tony that we need to know about?
AH: Uhm, he did, and he said he told me that he told you guys about a text message from her on Wednesday that said uhm, "If they never find her guess who spends eternity in jail?"

Add that to Casey's statement, "They haven't even found her clothes yet." And I feel that any jury can see that Casey was not in a frame of mind that "Zanny" had taken Caylee. I feel that DC was privy to all this information and that is why he is so "scared" to be deposed or even tell his story. Isn't it funny that the judge will rule on the "tapes being destroyed" and DC is pushing harder to not have to tell what he knows. He knows the two events, her giving code and his search will be linked. Whadda think?

...jmo...

I wonder if that property were the abondoned house is was looked at by CSI's.

Thank you for that video link chefmom!

I had never seen that video in it's entirety. Pavers, pavers, pavers! I agree with other WSers who have said that DC was being led by someone in the Anthony family. The way DC video taped the pavers in the woods, and then two of the very same pavers were right near the flower bed at the house, screamed to me that he was told "she is near some pavers."

The way DC went to the garbage bags at the house and used his little knife to cut through the bag, he also knew that Caylee had been put in a garbage bag. And, the way DC was zoning in on that blanket that was on the ground, he also knew about the pooh blanket.

I agree that Lee knows something, something that the SA was willing to give Lee immunity for-that Casey gave him the location of Caylee. Whether someone helped her or not to dispose of Caylee, I am still trying to figure out. When all the "RK" stuff that recently happened came out, many of us were saying: what about DC? I stick to that, what DC did in that video and his changing of stories re: who he was employed by and when and hearing that JB told DC not to call 911 if Caylee's body was found...plus this new information that he never wants to be deposed...all way to hinky for me.

I am back to thinking that Casey did keep Caylee somewhere when she needed to party and no one was available to watch her, I am not stuck on this but this last week I was transcribing AH's statement to LE and she says Cindy tells her that Casey was watching Caylee the night of the "no clothes party" and Amy says she was at that party also: but it seems that Amy is surprised that Casey(per Cindy)had Caylee that night. Meaning: It seems that Amy did not see Caylee at that party. Where was Caylee that night? Was Caylee ever taken to that abandoned house? Why else would DC even go there? Maybe an alive Caylee was never there but there is some reason DC was filming and looking at garbage bags and pavers at that location.

7/23/08
Amy H interview with LE

AH: She said that she was worried. She hadn't seen Caylee. She hadn't talked to Caylee in over a month. Uhm, Casey kept saying, "she's fine, she's with the nanny." Uhm, and she pretty much you know said that she thought Casey was an unfit mother and that if this goes on much longer that she would sue for custody of Caylee if it got to that.
LE: Why did you, why did she think she was an unfit mom?
AH: Uhm, the going out, the partying. She uhm, I don't know if you guys have seen the picture of Casey and the American flag. That's from the no clothes party we went to in May. Uhm, she pretty much showed that picture, that she had printed it off from a computer, in her face and said, "You're at work? Huh?" So and that, that she had been watching Caylee and Casey had said she was at work. Uhm, it was all the going out, the partying...

Now, I had always taken this as CINDY was watching Caylee the night of the no clothes party and was upset that Casey had told her she was working. But the following makes it clear that Cindy was upset not only because Casey had lied and said she was working but also that Casey had been watching Caylee that night. From this statement from Amy, this story is being told in the context that Casey is an unfit mother. I would guess that Casey when confronted with the computer evidence she told Cindy that Caylee was with the nanny that night-but why would Cindy be so insistent to Amy, in this conversation that this was a good reason to sue for custody because Casey is an unfit mother?

LE: That was the night of the no clothes party?
LE: So she was with the mom at the no clothes party?
LE: Caylee was?
AH: Oh, uh, uh yeah.
LE: Okay
AH: I did not think that, but yeah, that would imply that, yes. Uhm, but I mean I know that was the night that, that par...that picture was taken and she said that she had been watching Caylee that night. Pretty much was like, "You're at work, huh?"

DC video taped the shed, but only from the outside-granted the shed was so full of stuff it would have been impossible to get inside if he didn't clear out some of the stuff. But, I think his info went something like this from whatever Anthony family member, "Casey says the body is in the woods off suburban drive"...when he goes and sees some pavers but no Caylee he tells the Anthony on the phone, "nope, nope I'm not finding her." And the Anthony on the phone doesn't have Casey there to give more info and they are desperate to find Caylee before anyone else so they give some more info they have. "Well, there is an abandoned house where Casey put Caylee in the shed, maybe Casey got confused or whatever but you should go check it out."

I may be way off base here re: the abandoned house but now I am wondering where Caylee was the night of the no clothes party because we all know there was no nanny.

:cow:

Hi Chiquita. Now I am getting confused because I thought I heard that the no clothes party was in May and Cindy was babysitting that night, and she was mad because she (Cindy) thought Casey was at work. It was in June that Cindy hadn't see Casey for a month, and since she knew Casey was still partying by checking out Casey and Amy's facebook, she was wondering where Caylee was. I think this is clear here that Cindy knew nothing about the Zanny Nanny until Casey started feeding that story to Cindy in June. But she certainly seems to have fed the nanny story to her friends because she wanted her friends to think she was "way cool". I've been mulling over a scenario where Casey finally had to come up with an accident theory for JB, and admitted the location approx of Cayley. Jose sent DC to look for the body and just couldn't find it because he was looking for a "body" and being a bit of a dumba?? it didn't occur to him there was almost nothing left and what was left was spread all over the place. I think it was JB on the phone, and that's why the many privileged motions. Since Cindy is such a blabber, I really really doubt JB would trust her with the "real" information that they were actually looking for Caylee. Am I way off base here?

And, after posting this I went to the "Friday's hearing..." thread and saw this motion:
Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits

I am really starting to feel that Casey gave Caylee's location to her family during this visit. (Are there other visits we have not seen yet? TIA) And, she had to give the info in "code" because she and they knew they were being listened to...so that is why as I said in my other post here-DC was given the information about the abandoned house but it was vauge.

I also think this text message from Casey to Tony, hours before Casey was arrested the first time shows that Casey understood that LE not finding Caylee's body was important. A reason she would go ahead and tell, probably Lee where to look.

LE: Anything in that hour and a half conversation on the 17th with Tony that we need to know about?
AH: Uhm, he did, and he said he told me that he told you guys about a text message from her on Wednesday that said uhm, "If they ever find her guess who spends eternity in jail?"

Add that to Casey's statement, "They haven't even found her clothes yet." And I feel that any jury can see that Casey was not in a frame of mind that "Zanny" had taken Caylee. I feel that DC was privy to all this information and that is why he is so "scared" to be deposed or even tell his story. Isn't it funny that the judge will rule on the "tapes being destroyed" and DC is pushing harder to not have to tell what he knows. He knows the two events, her giving code and his search will be linked. Whadda think?

...jmo...
Did we ever see this text message?

SNipped and bolded by me:

AH: Uhm, he did, and he said he told me that he told you guys about a text message from her on Wednesday that said uhm, "If they ever find her guess who spends eternity in jail?"

...jmo...

With all due respect Chiquita, I believe what she actually said was "if they NEVER find her guess who spends eternity in jail." I remember this being gone over numerous times in the past in another thread(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member