Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they would have moved her and taken the chance that someone would see them...But maybe DC could have planted something out there. It is hard for us to know what DC saw because DC admitted to going to the remains site three times, while JH only video taped/accompanied him on two occasions, IIRC. DC had plenty of opportunity to go down there.

There were several small items found near the remains that were taken into evidence, certain items we know details, certain items we don't. We'll see if LE found anything else that may have been planted as we get closer to trial.

That could also explain why JB was so insistent that he go to the crime scene while they were still investigating. He might have wanted to make sure that whatever was planted was found. After the crime scene was released, he was permitted to go to the scene and declined. LOL, if he had found some 'evidence' himself, the alleged evidence would always be in question because he found it and not the crime scene people.

The FBI lab reports have been a big issue with him, he has fussed and fussed wanting to get them. Even way too early. Was there something he was expecting to see in the reports? And did he see it?

Information about the interview with DC was sealed by the judge. That information is probably the reason for this effort by DC and the Defense to stop any deposition. Many of my friends assume it has to do with the remains. I just wonder if it has something to do with Dc discovering information on Zanny. That would explain the defenses efforts to not give up their strategy. That would also explain the judge sealing it if it would require investigation. This is total speculation on my part. This is my opinion only. It is also just theory to why they made these motions.

Thanks for posting the interview

Was it just a coincidence or carefully worded explanation about why DC was at the Suburban location poking around?

Nov. 15 was the Meet and Greet, DC decided it would be a good idea to check out Kio's statement about the teen hangout on Suburban and psychic calls him that morning also with information about the location he was going to search.....

Thanks for posting the interview

Was it just a coincidence or carefully worded explanation about why DC was at the Suburban location poking around?

Nov. 15 was the Meet and Greet, DC decided it would be a good idea to check out Kio's statement about the teen hangout on Suburban and psychic calls him that morning also with information about the location he was going to search.....

Indeed. Considering he was not being paid, chasing down where Casey hung out as a pre teen and teenager would be very very far removed from a PI's to do list! It was insulting to the intelligence of the LE who were interviewing him, and indeed the caught themselves laughing aloud at times.:furious:

Information about the interview with DC was sealed by the judge. That information is probably the reason for this effort by DC and the Defense to stop any deposition. Many of my friends assume it has to do with the remains. I just wonder if it has something to do with Dc discovering information on Zanny. That would explain the defenses efforts to not give up their strategy. That would also explain the judge sealing it if it would require investigation. This is total speculation on my part. This is my opinion only. It is also just theory to why they made these motions.

I believe that the part of the interview that was sealed had to do with important or privileged information that DC had.

Respectfully, I do not believe it had anything to do at all with discovering information on "Zanny".
IMO The only discovery is that they have all discovered Zanny never existed and that Casey lied to all of them, including Mr Baez. But I do believe Casey did finally tell Mr Baez she lied about Zanny so he could then proceed with SODDI.

The Defense strategy, as we have seen of late, is not that Zanny did it but that someone else did...does that not reveal to us they do not put credence in Casey's Zanny the Nanny story?

I believe that the part of the interview that was sealed had to do with important or privileged information that DC had.

Respectfully, I do not believe it had anything to do at all with discovering information on "Zanny".
IMO The only discovery is that they have all discovered Zanny never existed and that Casey lied to all of them, including Mr Baez. But I do believe Casey did finally tell Mr Baez she lied about Zanny so he could then proceed with SODDI.

The Defense strategy, as we have seen of late, is not that Zanny did it but that someone else did...does that not reveal to us they do not put credence in Casey's Zanny the Nanny story?[/QUOTE]

Well I agree that LE discovered that Zanny didn't exist, but clearly DC and CA continued to look for Zanny leads according to the DC emails in discovery. Where is it in discovery that Kc lied to JB?

I don't think that reveals to us that Zanny wasn't involved. I am just speculating here. I am not sure that the Zanny story is out the window just yet. Clearly DC was following the Zanny leads or at least the PI in New York was looking into those land records on Zanny's mom. So I just thought it would be a simple possibility that they are trying to keep this out of the public until trial.

The other theory that I have is: is just that it is normal protocol for a PI to protect anything and everything he has done to protect his clients. Its just theory and speculation. It is also IMO only.

I dont get why Casey would tell anyone where the body was. I am not saying she didnt - I just dont understand her motivation. Were they really going to move the body?! I just cant even imagine that. And JB told him not to call LE if they found it..so what was the grand plan here?

I dont get why Casey would tell anyone where the body was. I am not saying she didnt - I just dont understand her motivation. Were they really going to move the body?! I just cant even imagine that. And JB told him not to call LE if they found it..so what was the grand plan here?

I can't think that JB would be interested in finding Caylee - the longer he kept in circulation the fiction she could be alive, the less he might think his client would look like a Murder One defendant.

However, she may have insisted due to parental pressure and also thought that if Caylee's remains were found while she was in jail, it could create reasonable doubt (which would be hard since poor little Caylee was likely already skeletonized which would have pushed her date of death back to when she went "missing", a fact which KC may not have known or considered).

I can't think that JB would be interested in finding Caylee - the longer he kept in circulation the fiction she could be alive, the less he might think his client would look like a Murder One defendant.

However, she may have insisted due to parental pressure and also thought that if Caylee's remains were found while she was in jail, it could create reasonable doubt (which would be hard since poor little Caylee was likely already skeletonized which would have pushed her date of death back to when she went "missing", a fact which KC may not have known or considered).

I will be very interested to hear the entire, unedited version of the LE interview. The interesting thing that I learned recently about Dom is that his home was in pre foreclosure, he had only had only been a PI mere months before meeting the Anthonys, so how does one in this precarious predicament afford to work on anything for a year for free. Something has him emotionally invested and I am very leery of him. I have some very dear friends that I love more than life that I will trade favors with, but if even they expected me to work on something for a year, it would be with a warm note, and a invoice! LOL!!! The Anthonys were not old friends of his, they were strangers to him. Something keeps them tied together. Something nefarious in my opinion.

I will be very interested to hear the entire, unedited version of the LE interview. The interesting thing that I learned recently about Dom is that his home was in pre foreclosure, he had only had only been a PI mere months before meeting the Anthonys, so how does one in this precarious predicament afford to work on anything for a year for free. Something has him emotionally invested and I am very leery of him. I have some very dear friends that I love more than life that I will trade favors with, but if even they expected me to work on something for a year, it would be with a warm note, and a invoice! LOL!!! The Anthonys were not old friends of his, they were strangers to him. Something keeps them tied together. Something nefarious in my opinion.

Do you know what DC did for a living before he became a PI?

Do you know what DC did for a living before he became a PI?

He was in construction and "consulting". He brags on his website about having 20 years of applicable experience, but I don't see any specifics or any proof. I think he is full of it.

There is one person who would have been very aware that the condition of the body could show how long she had been there -- George. And George was the one who defiantly stated he would do anything to keep Casey out of jail (can't remember exactly when he said this, but may have been during his deposition with SA?). Too many people had searched in that area. IMO George believed it was just a matter of time before someone found something. I have no doubt George would have "cleaned up" the area if he knew where the body was.

There is one person who would have been very aware that the condition of the body could show how long she had been there -- George. And George was the one who defiantly stated he would do anything to keep Casey out of jail (can't remember exactly when he said this, but may have been during his deposition with SA?). Too many people had searched in that area. IMO George believed it was just a matter of time before someone found something. I have no doubt George would have "cleaned up" the area if he knew where the body was.

True, but GA was interested at times in having KC be responsible for her actions and answer to them. Calling LE about the gas cans is just one incident; I think he knew very well who took them and wanted to teach her a lesson. I think GA thought that if she copped to an accidental death (the one he and CA had already set up for LE) she would serve a few years and that would be "justice" for taking his granddaughter away. I don't think he wanted her to go down for a murder rap, even if he did say in his interview he was afraid "if I've lost Caylee, I've lost my daughter". Whenever he wanted her to answer for things CA took over and tried to erase it, and I think that's what happened here.

I want to thank "The World According" for starting this thread. The details of Dominic's involvement in this case have been gone over many times on this site, but it's been very enlightening to take a fresh look prior to his (hopefully) soon to come deposition. One never knows what will happen, but I have renewed hope that Dominic will provide the "smoking gun" and blow this case wide open. Thanks!!!!!

He was in construction and "consulting". He brags on his website about having 20 years of applicable experience, but I don't see any specifics or any proof. I think he is full of it.

In Connecticut you need to have 5 years of investigative background such as prior LE or investigator for a corporation/insurance company, or working under another PI's license doing investigations for 5 years. Very strict here. My husband had his license for 20 years after leaving LE. DC is very unprofessional and it appears he is just protecting his own interests in this. He stands to lose his license, I would imagine by getting involved with this situation. When he knew he would be searching for Caylee he should have notified and cleared it with LE just to let them know he was in the area. He did not and that fact alone I would imagine has raised some BIG RED flags.

If he is asked to give a statement by LE I believe he has to do so. Apparently he appears to have placed himself between sticking with the A's where his money is and providing correct information to LE. JMO

Just the mere fact that there is this sudden rush to keep DC from giving a deposition we know is not good for the defense. It appears he was given information from the A's and now is going into coverup mode. CA telling police after Caylee was found, "I already had MY PEOPLE search that area." Now how do they ever thing that will play out in court????

Casey could have been motivated to tell someone - JB or a family member where the body was, if she were told that it was a matter of them finding the body before LE or anyone else found it.

As to the question of "were they really going to move the body", I would guess that might have been the original intention, but if they did find the remains before RK found them, they would have discovered that it wasn't a matter of removing just a body, because by then the remains had been scattered over a wide area. I'm trying not to be too graphic here, but finding and removing all of the remains would have been a major effort and difficult to conceal.

I still don't know why they have not gotten both of his phones, and reviewed all that is on in since he got into this with the "A"s.
He should be scared, and he should not be getting any professional faiver because he is PI :furious:
I do not trust this one at all.....

Shake baby shake !!!!!

In Connecticut you need to have 5 years of investigative background such as prior LE or investigator for a corporation/insurance company, or working under another PI's license doing investigations for 5 years. Very strict here. My husband had his license for 20 years after leaving LE. DC is very unprofessional and it appears he is just protecting his own interests in this. He stands to lose his license, I would imagine by getting involved with this situation. When he knew he would be searching for Caylee he should have notified and cleared it with LE just to let them know he was in the area. He did not and that fact alone I would imagine has raised some BIG RED flags.

If he is asked to give a statement by LE I believe he has to do so. Apparently he appears to have placed himself between sticking with the A's where his money is and providing correct information to LE. JMO

Just the mere fact that there is this sudden rush to keep DC from giving a deposition we know is not good for the defense. It appears he was given information from the A's and now is going into coverup mode. CA telling police after Caylee was found, "I already had MY PEOPLE search that area." Now how do they ever thing that will play out in court????

FL is apparently not that strict. From the FL Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Licensing web page:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/investigations/C_CC_requirements.html#C

REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLASS “C” PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR LICENSE
An applicant for the Class "C" Private Investigator License must have TWO YEARS OF LAWFULLY GAINED, VERIFIABLE, FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE in order to qualify for the license. This experience can be acquired through a combination of actual investigative experience, college course work in a related field, or internship in accordance with the following three categories set forth in the statute:

(a) Private investigative work or related fields of work that provided equivalent experience or training.

(b) College course work related to criminal justice, criminology, or law enforcement administration, or successful completion of any law enforcement-related training received from any federal, state, county, or municipal agency, except that no more than 1 year may be used from this category.

(c) Work as a Class “CC” licensed intern. This internship is done at a licensed private investigative agency.

The applicant for the Class “C” license must also pass an examination. This examination will cover those parts of Florida law that deal directly with the business practices of the private investigative industry and the legal responsibilities of the individuals and agencies that work in that industry (sections 493.6100 through 493.6203, and section 493.6301(5), Florida Statutes). A copy of Chapter 493 and the Private Investigator Handbook are included with this application package to assist applicants in preparing for the exam.

(NOTE: This examination requirement, which took effect on January 1, 2008, also applies to individuals applying for the Class “M” Investigative & Security Agency Manager License, or a Class “MA” Private Investigative Agency Manager License).

IIRC, DC does have a Class C license - I looked it up.

As an aside IL's licensing requirements (where I am sure AL's PI has his license) used to be a joke (don't know if they got stricter in recent years). The main criteria was an examination and people used to say you couldn't pass it unless you handed the exam book in with a one-hundred dollar bill sticking out. It's one of those things I think should have national minimum standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam