Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something, look at the shaving picture of him (and the shower in the background), there is a light in the ceiling of the shower stall, right? Why is there no overhead light on when the shower pics are taken? The one in the bathroom/hall is on (gets its pic accidentally taken later), but where is the shower light?

Copy this and paste it to your desktop or wherever so you can zoom and drag

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/682/footbloodlight.jpg

I see an ankle and toes

MOO
Are you talking about JA's foot in a black sock or the little blot that looks like a foreshortened foot the side of TA's right shoulder? If you're referring to the blot to the side of his shoulder, imo - it is not a foot. It looks like one; it's an optical illusion but it is blood.

moo

Also, what are the two things on the top left that look like screws in the shower pic 5:24:56? It's not glare, it's in the picture.

Not to give the knife firsters any more ammunition, but there is one thing in particular that bothers me about the gun-first theory (and, no, I'm not talking about the ME's testimony):

When the jury asked JA why she just didn't fire another shot, JA answered that she didn't know where the gun went. That seems like a strange answer to me. If the gun jammed, which is a likely event in a gun-first scenario, then why didn't JA just say that?

She might've been trying to maintain her position that, after the first shot, she entered the fog. Or she might've just been trying to be consistent with what she told Dr. Samuels. In other words, maybe she didn't want to add any details beyond what she told Dr. Samuels. Or she might've been trying to support her story that TA lunged at her after she fired the gun.

In any case, I'm a little bit surprised she didn't just answer the jury's question by saying that the gun jammed if that's really what happenned.

It's possible that she decided against firing another shot based on the noise of the gun and went to the knife instead, knowing TA was nearly incapacitated and unable to fight back at that point. If that's the reason she didn't fire another shot, I don't blame her for telling the jury that she just lost track of the gun.

Because if she said she tried to fire again and the gun jammed

1)it ruins her story that Travis knocks her to the ground and the gun goes flying

and

2)if she admits to firing a second time, that is admitting to murder

Remember, in her story, she didn't even pull the trigger.

Don't ask me how going and getting the knife after she shoots him ISN'T murder...I guess that all gets lost in the fog.

flores-report-detailed-breakdown

4:00 am June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi arrives at Travis’ house in a white rental car.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Zach Billings (Travis roommate) his day off work. Zach said he got up and returned (his) car rental he had been using. His car was being repaired after being in an accident. (Flores Page 17) NOTE: BOTH Jodi and Zach are driving car rentals during the same time to Travis’ house.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Enrique said the last time he saw Travis was on Wednesday 2008
6-4-08. He said that he remembered talking to Travis that morning and Travis told him that he had a conference call scheduled that day. Travis also told Enrique that he hadn’t slept very much, only getting about 45 minutes of sleep that night. (Flores Page 15).

Noon June 4, 2008 Weds Travis last outgoing text was to Chris Hughes about a very
important conference call for that evening.(Flores Pg 13)
1:40 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi and Travis make sexually suggestive photos
3:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach returned to Travis house 1500 hrs./3pm (Flores Page 17)
4:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach went to his girlfriend, Mandy’s house 1600 hrs/4pm (Flores Page 17)
4:19 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Last activity on Travis’ LAPTOP was at 1619 hrs./4:19 pm
This consisted of email activity. (Flores Page 11)
5:29 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the last photo of Travis alive
5:30 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the photo of Travis bleeding on floor

flores-report-detailed-breakdown

4:00 am June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi arrives at Travis’ house in a white rental car.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Zach Billings (Travis roommate) his day off work. Zach said he got up and returned (his) car rental he had been using. His car was being repaired after being in an accident. (Flores Page 17) NOTE: BOTH Jodi and Zach are driving car rentals during the same time to Travis’ house.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Enrique said the last time he saw Travis was on Wednesday 2008
6-4-08. He said that he remembered talking to Travis that morning and Travis told him that he had a conference call scheduled that day. Travis also told Enrique that he hadn’t slept very much, only getting about 45 minutes of sleep that night. (Flores Page 15).

Noon June 4, 2008 Weds Travis last outgoing text was to Chris Hughes about a very
important conference call for that evening.(Flores Pg 13)
1:40 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi and Travis make sexually suggestive photos
3:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach returned to Travis house 1500 hrs./3pm (Flores Page 17)
4:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach went to his girlfriend, Mandy’s house 1600 hrs/4pm (Flores Page 17)
4:19 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Last activity on Travis’ LAPTOP was at 1619 hrs./4:19 pm
This consisted of email activity. (Flores Page 11)
5:29 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the last photo of Travis alive
5:30 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the photo of Travis bleeding on floor

Hi Keyra, and welcome! Thanks for the run down. :)

Thanks not sure how to use the site yet,but sure I'll figure it out. That was a test run.

Not to give the knife firsters any more ammunition, but there is one thing in particular that bothers me about the gun-first theory (and, no, I'm not talking about the ME's testimony):

When the jury asked JA why she just didn't fire another shot, JA answered that she didn't know where the gun went. That seems like a strange answer to me. If the gun jammed, which is a likely event in a gun-first scenario, then why didn't JA just say that?

She might've been trying to maintain her position that, after the first shot, she entered the fog. Or she might've just been trying to be consistent with what she told Dr. Samuels. In other words, maybe she didn't want to add any details beyond what she told Dr. Samuels. Or she might've been trying to support her story that TA lunged at her after she fired the gun.

In any case, I'm a little bit surprised she didn't just answer the jury's question by saying that the gun jammed if that's really what happenned.

It's possible that she decided against firing another shot based on the noise of the gun and went to the knife instead, knowing TA was nearly incapacitated and unable to fight back at that point. If that's the reason she didn't fire another shot, I don't blame her for telling the jury that she just lost track of the gun.

I agree with Molly. If she admits to the gun jamming, its probably not going to go down well with a jury. It sounds less like an accidental discharge of a weapon and more like a deliberate attempt to shoot him dead. She knows that the state doesn't have the gun, so no one can testify as to the gun's working condition. If the state did have the gun, forensics would have found that the gun had jammed.

I still think the knifing was not her original plan. She wanted a clean kill contained in the shower with minimal evidence to worry about. She made some miscalculations in the murder plan, but she had plenty of time to think about the plan, including what evidence she would deal with to cover her tracks. Her plan unraveled with the gun wouldn't fire a second time. Someone posted earlier that .25 caliber handguns tend to jam.

I'm going to guess that when Travis was initially shot, he probably vocalized and gave little initial indication that he was as good as dead and that Jodi then had the luxury of choosing to go get the knife to keep the sound level down. I don't see her firing only once and leaving a very much alive Travis in the shower unless the gun had jammed and she was forced to improvise or switch to 'Plan B'. She told us that during the police interview when she told Flores that she didn't think she could stab Travis, but if she did want to kill Travis she would shoot him until he was dead. I think what we are getting there is a glimpse of her forethought before the murder.

Dave

I agree with Molly. If she admits to the gun jamming, its probably not going to go down well with a jury. It sounds less like an accidental discharge of a weapon and more like a deliberate attempt to shoot him dead. She knows that the state doesn't have the gun, so no one can testify as to the gun's working condition. If the state did have the gun, forensics would have found that the gun had jammed.

I still think the knifing was not her original plan. She wanted a clean kill contained in the shower with minimal evidence to worry about. She made some miscalculations in the murder plan, but she had plenty of time to think about the plan, including what evidence she would deal with to cover her tracks. Her plan unraveled with the gun wouldn't fire a second time. Someone posted earlier that .25 caliber handguns tend to jam.

I'm going to guess that when Travis was initially shot, he probably vocalized and gave little initial indication that he was as good as dead and that Jodi then had the luxury of choosing to go get the knife to keep the sound level down. I don't see her firing only once and leaving a very much alive Travis in the shower unless the gun had jammed and she was forced to improvise or switch to 'Plan B'. She told us that during the police interview when she told Flores that she didn't think she could stab Travis, but if she did want to kill Travis she would shoot him until he was dead. I think what we are getting there is a glimpse of her forethought before the murder.

Dave
*Gruesome warning* Unless she planned a gun kill in the shower and the knife was brought to dismember him in the shower to make it easier for her to dispose of him. It's not like that is unheard of. Killers do that, mainly for disposal and thinking it makes it harder for ID if found, IMO. The girl is batcrap crazy, but calculated as a fox. I really think she had initial plans to take the body and leave no evidence. .. It makes the most sense as a way for her to get away with the crime. The girl was capable of 29 stabs and near decapitation.. think about it.

*Gruesome warning* Unless she planned a gun kill in the shower and the knife was brought to dismember him in the shower to make it easier for her to dispose of him. It's not like that is unheard of. Killers do that, mainly for disposal and thinking it makes it harder for ID if found, IMO. The girl is batcrap crazy, but calculated as a fox. I really think she had initial plans to take the body and leave no evidence. .. It makes the most sense as a way for her to get away with the crime. The girl was capable of 29 stabs and near decapitation.. think about it.

But where was she going to put the body? As a whole or in parts, it's going to take up some sizeable space, and she rented a small car and already planned to fill the trunk with gas cans and a case of water bottles, where would she have initially planned to place the body for transport, the back seat?

I don't think she intended the gas for a funeral pyre (though she probably had to use some for her clothing), I still think if you hear the opposite of what she says you'll be closer to the truth, she drove east (not into the west setting sun) and disposed of the clothing, knife and gun somewhere in the Flagstaff region, then had to get more gas in Buckeye Lake to make up for the drive east and what she used to burn the clothes.

But where was she going to put the body? As a whole or in parts, it's going to take up some sizeable space, and she rented a small car and already planned to fill the trunk with gas cans and a case of water bottles, where would she have initially planned to place the body for transport, the back seat?

I don't think she intended the gas for a funeral pyre (though she probably had to use some for her clothing), I still think if you hear the opposite of what she says you'll be closer to the truth, she drove east (not into the west setting sun) and disposed of the clothing, knife and gun somewhere in the Flagstaff region, then had to get more gas in Buckeye Lake to make up for the drive east and what she used to burn the clothes.
She couldn't put the water and suitcase in the backseat?? 3 gas cans and a body stuffed into a ford focus trunk...no problem. The bottom line here is that she thought this out. She planned it. She is smart enough to know that if he is found dead, she IS going to be fingered by everyone. If he is just missing, they are still going to question her, but she wouldn't worry about that. I think she is calculated enough to know that the 'no body no crime' scenario would be the safest way to pull the murder off without getting caught. Over and over we see murders where the spouse or girlfriend or child just up and 'disappears'... no body. They dump the body somewhere. This forum is chock full of those cases! MISSING. I think more often than not, murders tend to dispose of or hide the body of their victim. Especially when they know the victim and could be on the suspect list right away. Random murders, less so, unless rape is involved.

Anyone willing to venture a guess on what this is in the upper left of the 5:24:56 pic?

52456_zps0e771f37.jpg

Isolated:

52456lupper_zps1e5b99f1.jpg

And where did the overhead shower light go?

shaving_zpsbcfbf1d6.jpg

52224top_zps1bfabe67.jpg

geevee -

The shower overhead light is simply out of the range of the picture. It's higher up than what is framed in this photograph.

Upper left of first picture - looks like a shadow.

moo

geevee -

The shower overhead light is simply out of the range of the picture. It's higher up than what is framed in this photograph.

Upper left of first picture - looks like a shadow.

moo

Look in other shower pics, that overhead light is not on - why not? And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures (you can see it in the pic I posted above, looks like it has two screws on the bottom of it).

Anyone willing to venture a guess on what this is in the upper left of the 5:24:56 pic?

And where did the overhead shower light go?

Looks like some sort of artifact similar to what we see in the upper right corner. Its tough when we don't have the original digital images to work from :(

Anybody notice that the shower door in the black and white photo appears to be opening in the opposite direction (swinging out to the right) vs. the police photos?

Dave

Does anyone know the sequence of the naked pics. The only one that is visibly time-stamped is the one of him? Was it mentioned if the pics of her were taken before or after the two of him? Also, in Flores' report he says that there are 8 pictures in this sequence but I have only ever seen 6 (4 of her and two of TA). Were they not al admitted into evidence?

I'm willing to bet whatever the metallic thing is in 5:24:56 is the same thing in the upper corner of the dragging picture (enlarged and made as clear as I can with Irfanview, maybe PS could do a better job?):

dragcorner_zpsad6f3de6.jpg

Looks like some sort of artifact similar to what we see in the upper right corner. Its tough when we don't have the original digital images to work from :(

Anybody notice that the shower door in the black and white photo appears to be opening in the opposite direction (swinging out to the right) vs. the police photos?

Dave

Yes, she took the picture of him in the mirror so everything is reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member