NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question. I suppose the leg being in that area is in itself not a crime. It would have been dumped during/after the crime. But what you're asking about the storytelling/lying etc and she leads them there and they find it? I have no idea. Really confusing!

Not that it lead them to find it but she may have.But she still was telling lies and being obstructive while out there and there by gave them the evidence they needed to prove that she was lying right there.

She may had already lied and admitted to the note but they could have needed her to spill more bs to get her on the obstruction charges and show clear intent to obstruct.

sorry hoppy, I know I have been bad today on at least one occassion :(

I am super working on this and hope to have a clear explanation soon... but from this Explanation of the NC Judicial System, I gather that...

because EB is facing a felony charge (obstruction of justice),
her case will end up in Superior Court,
and Caldwell, Catawba and Burke felony cases all go to the 7th Div of the Superior Court,
so MAYBE they all share a grand jury???

"Criminal. The criminal jurisdiction of the district court is less complicated. Because felony cases must
be tried in the superior court, the district court has authority in those cases only to conduct preliminary
hearings to determine whether there is probable cause to bind the defendant over to the grand jury for
indictment to stand trial in superior court."

ETA: AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhggghhh!!! Ynot :runaway: from grand jury research :treadmill: and gets a :40__s:

Caldwell, Catawba and Burke do share and the Superior Court cases are held in Lenoir, Caldwell County, NC .

I think she confessed the day Lisa Dubs was assigned as her attorney. Ms. Dubs is a death penalty lawyer. The only recoverable item was Zahra's prosthetic leg.

LE didn't know where to look until EB was brought to the scene twice.

I don't know why they haven't charged her yet.

ty hoppy! wow, just saw footage of the equipment being hauled in. MOO, they found lots of evidence of drywall being either repainted and or replaced. My bet, cleaned and then repainted.

Exactly. That explains the drop cloth w/paint and paint brushes locals saw being bagged for evidence.

Ugh...I'm at the point now where I think I might not even want to know what happened to this precious child.

God I am having horrible thoughts. Fake walls, secret rooms, you name it. Anyone in construction who might help us out with why they used reciprocating saws last week and chainsaws this week?

And OT--sorry about my earlier OTs hoppy!:blushing:

^ who pays for the damage to the house here? Does the state pick up the tab? And the neighbour an Aussie too?

Not that it lead them to find it but she may have.But she still was telling lies and being obstructive while out there and there by gave them the evidence they needed to prove that she was lying right there.

She may had already lied and admitted to the note but they could have needed her to spill more bs to get her on the obstruction charges and show clear intent to obstruct.

Ah I think I understand what you're saying. Specifically the obstruction charges, and her leading them to the leg proves she was lying/obstructing justice? I think it would, but it wouldn't mean the juristiction changes. She lied in her county where she wrote the note, so that's the juristiction.

If I have what you're saying all wrong, I'm sorry!

God I am having horrible thoughts. Fake walls, secret rooms, you name it. Anyone in construction who might help us out with why they used reciprocating saws last week and chainsaws this week?

When the Mimms reported what they had discovered in the attic at the apartment, I honestly blew it off as overactive imagination. Now...not so much.

^ who pays for the damage to the house here? Does the state pick up the tab? And the neighbour an Aussie too?

ty I thought I was hearing an accent on the gentleman being interviewed but couldn't discern uk or aus

It would seem to me that EB's fieldtrips are over.... The only trips she will be taking now are to the courthouse.... Great work LE and everyone who has helped...:)

Not 100% positive...but if it was a legal search (search warrants for property recovered, by whatever means)...I think it's usually up to homeowners insurance. Any attorney's present to answer? I believe it also has to do with whether or not the property/house/vehicle whatever is left 'habitable.'

When the Mimms reported what they had discovered in the attic at the apartment, I honestly blew it off as overactive imagination. Now...not so much.

IMO, the walls they removed were walls that had evidence on them. ie; blood splatter. I don't think they were fake walls. They take portions of alot of walls as crime scene evidence, there is really nothing unusual about it. :twocents:

Maybe they broke the reciprocating saws?

I have no clue why the would use a chain saw in a house at all. Not even if they were gutting the whole thing.

Chainsaws are for trees.

BBM:

Not directed at you ynotdivein just anyone that wants to answer.... But doesnt the reciprocating saw cut just about anything? So what could they have found that wouldnt require the reciprocating saw but a chainsaw to cut?? :waitasec:

Hubby remodels houses, he has used chainsaws. It's easier if you are taking out a large portion. I've even seen them use chainsaws on HGTV.

IMO, the walls they removed were walls that had evidence on them. ie; blood splatter. I don't think they were fake walls. They take portions of alot of walls as crime scene evidence, there is really nothing unusual about it. :twocents:

I agree, but chainsaws seems to indicate more than just busting through some walls to me, though. Chainsaws = beams in my mind.

Paraphrased;

'What progress they're making this week is without the aid of the Bakers. Haven't spoken to Elisa since last week, and haven't talked to her husband since he got out of jail.'

So they've both clammed up, Adam Baker no longer co-operating with the investigation into his murdered daughter. The only reason he would stop helping is if he knows that helping will hurt him IMO.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members