IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

Divers, helicopter searching for girl

Updated: Saturday, 24 Dec 2011, 12:55 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 24 Dec 2011, 8:26 AM EST
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) -- UPDATE: The Indiana State Police is conducting an aerial search by helicopter for the missing nine-year-old girl.

The Ft. Wayne Fire Department's Dive Team will also search nearby bodies of water at some point Saturday.

-----------------

At this point, ACSD spokesperson Jeremy Tinkel said they have no information of where girl could be, but there is no suspicion of an abduction.

“For all we know, she could have just walked out the door,” said Tinkel. “We don’t know anything.”
more: http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=&q=Clinton+Street+and+Diebold+Road+Fort+Wayne+Indiana&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=2125l7696l0l11826l18l18l0l15l0l0l512l1009l2-2.5-1l3l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl"]Clinton Street and Diebold Road Fort Wayne Indiana - Google Maps[/ame]

I asked for the other posts to be moved over. 15 RSO's in her trailer park??? Holy cow!

Oh dear Heavens, another little darling gone!:confused: Praying she'll be found soon and safe!

Missing girl
Aliahna Lemmon, 9

Aliahna_Lemmon_20111224082448_640_480.JPG

Oh goodness. That picture looks like it was taken at a funeral/wake. Flag drapped casket and flower arrangements behind her?

Oh goodness. That picture looks like it was taken at a funeral/wake. Flag drapped casket and flower arrangements behind her?

I thinik they just wanted a picture that shows her wearing the same dress. It was her special occasion dress and she was dressed to go to a birthday party when she went missing.

So far, Fries said they are not ruling any possibility of what could have happened to the girl out, including foul play. There have not been any custody, abuse or neglect issues in the past, but family members said the girl is partially blind, has hearing problems and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Activity Disorder and Oppositional Defiant with Conduct Disorder.

She is special needs, makes the situation even more heartbreaking.

eta, there is a comment from Aliahna's grandmother here under the name amber_leanne.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

If the sisters maintain their story that she put on her coat and left, saying she was going to a birthday party, I'm very inclined to believe it.

Are we allowed to mention things said in the comments? In the first article posted, Aliahna's grandma commented that her grandfather just died. It also says in the article that she is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Could that be the reason for it?

This link was originally posted by Twall. Make special note of the comment written by the next door neighbor. I think it shed much light upon the situation.[/quote]

There are 107 comments. Which one are you refering too?

Something sounds off here. Did the child fall asleep in her clothes and winter coat? Am I reading this correctly? And only 41 lbs? I could still carry my son up a flight of stairs to his bed when he was 55 lbs if he fell asleep on the couch (and I'm female). She was in the care of a male friend of moms who let her sleep on the couch in her winter coat? :waitasec:

On the other hand, I would not put it past some 9 year olds to wake up, get dressed and go out without telling a parent if they haven't been instructed to do so repeatedly.

Praying for a good outcome and she just got lost somewhere. Not even sure how familiar she is with this male friend of moms neighborhood.

ETA: I can also see a 9 yr old changing clothes and leaving what they had been wearing in a big pile on the floor.

If she was last seen in the dress, what clothes were found on the floor? and what clothing is missing?

I would just like to state that there are multiple reasons a child can have PTSD. It could be from a car accident, from witnessing an act of violence outside of her home, really any traumatic incident can cause PTSD. I'm not going to assume much from that diagnosis, especially since I know that with young children and DSM's, there are often corrections to original diagnosis as the child gets older.

Now, I'm off to read comments, and try to get a better handle on what I think and what LE thinks happened.

If the sisters maintain their story that she put on her coat and left, saying she was going to a birthday party, I'm very inclined to believe it.

I do too. My son is 9 with several neighborhood friends his age, slightly younger and slightly older. These kids make up stories about having parties or going to parties all the time. In fact to the extent my son is sometimes heartbroken he isn't/wasn't invited until I am able to point out enough information to convince him his friends are making these stories up.

If she left as her sisters say, where would she go? Did she say whose party she was going to or was she trying to find a friend and perhaps lost direction?

Still trying to catch up (and kind of running on exhaustion here.) Are many of these updates coming in written msm articles or video?

Praying Aliahna is found safely soon. Hoping she has the same luck we've seen recently from other children of special needs who got lost but were found safely.

I do too. My son is 9 with several neighborhood friends his age, slightly younger and slightly older. These kids make up stories about having parties or going to parties all the time. In fact to the extent my son is sometimes heartbroken he isn't/wasn't invited until I am able to point out enough information to convince him his friends are making these stories up.

If she left as her sisters say, where would she go? Did she say whose party she was going to or was she trying to find a friend and perhaps lost direction?

Still trying to catch up (and kind of running on exhaustion here.) Are many of these updates coming in written msm articles or video?

Praying Aliahna is found safely soon. Hoping she has the same luck we've seen recently from other children of special needs who got lost but were found safely.

According to the next door neighbor, in the comments section, there actually was a birthday party scheduled for that day. So she was apparently planning to go to one. But she never made it. And that was what the delay in reporting was about. From what I gathered.

====================================================================
Sometimes the Reply's seem to get lost in the thread. These 2 reply's helped me better understand what the family and police are dealing with. Informative I feel.

Posted from Ali’s grandmother:
I am Ali's grandmother and it is not her parents fault. Ali sleepwalks and can unlock doors in her sleep. You cannot stay awake 24 hrs a day. Please get the facts straight on that as well. And I agree about the term sex offender. There is so much more to that name.

Posted from a Next Door Neighbor:
I am this family's next door neighbor. This is the story: Alie and her 2 younger sisters were spending the night with a family friend in the trailer park. Alie woke up about 2:00 am Friday from a bad dream. The family friend comforted her, and Alie went back to sleep. Around 10:00 am, the friend awoke and not seeing Alie, asked her sisters where Alie was. The sisters told him that she put on her coat, said she was going the birthday party, and walked out the door. The neighbor assumed that Alie had just walked home (a short walk between 2 trailers, and across a street in the park) and thought no more of it. It wasn't until hours later when the mom went to get the girls for the birthday party (of which Alie was very excited to be attending) of a friend of hers and the sisters, that they realized that Alie was actually missing. Alie is a sleepwalker and it is wondered if she was dreaming that she was attending the party and out the door she went. This is not an ex or parental abduction. Please do not speculate or assume. It is possible that she was sleepwalking and when she awoke she was lost and does not know how to get home. This is a loving family whose daughter/sister has gone missing. If you are a prayer warrior, please do so. If you're not one who prays, please at least keep this family in your thoughts that Alie is returned home safely and soon. Thank you so much

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back