FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitey night, talk to you all in the a.m. Thanks for having me. Although the circumstances suck, I enjoy talking all scenarios out with you guys and gals. I feel like we're friends although I have not seen a single one of you....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am confused. I thought the Bard's lived in Pa? If so, how did Ronald live next door to them?

I also see they or at least he is a reverend..

"Services will be Thursday at 11 a.m. at Howard L. Sipes Funeral Home in McConnellsburg, Pa. The Rev. Donald and Phyllis Bard will officiate. Burial will be at Union Cemetery in McConnellsburg."

Can someone answer a question for me?
Pictures that are submitted always from the families?
I looking for the picture with Ron and Haleigh walking home from school?
This picture remind me of a surveillance picture, the way it was taken in a side angle.

Do you think there any cameras there the bus stop?

I don't know if I ever hear a camera near school bus stop.
But I think it good idea in area with high numbers of So.

I doubt he was threatened with jail time for missed school at that age. Either Ron was exaggerating or there was more to the reports they were getting on him.
I'm betting it was missed school with some other neglect issues. I also wonder about how the kids were dressed, the food in the house, and if Hayleigh came to school tired or hygiene was an issue.
I wish somehow we could hear from other parents at the school or neighbors about some of this stuff.
(bolding mine)

This is what I was thinking as well. I don't understand what he would be in trouble for regarding not sending a 5 year old to school. Florida law does not require school attendance until the age of 6. :waitasec:

I totally agree with the rest of your post as well. I would be willing to bet that there were some other issues at the school besides just being absent a lot.

Moo

On her Myspace it says she is 19 and her astro is Gemini which would be for a March Apr birthdate .

I noticed that also. She could actually be 19 years old and legal!

Does anyone know where the information came from that stated her 17th birthday was in December? Are there legal facts backing this up?

Was her DOB listed on the original Police Report?

Did anyone ever find out if she had a valid Florida D/L?

Just throwing these questions out there.

There is also the possibility that she was not truthful on the MySpace page because she wanted to attract older guys, thus claiming to be 19 rather than 16.

Does anyone know where the information came from that stated her 17th birthday was in December? Are there legal facts backing this up?

There is also the possibility that she was not truthful on the MySpace page because she wanted to attract older guys, thus claiming to be 19 rather than 16.
yes - she is 17 DOB 12/9/91 dad's 10/29/83

They are on the police report - although the police report has bio-mom's DOB wrong.

Hmmmm.....Now you have me thinking if the B-date they had listed for Crystal that had everyone in an uproar saying she was only 19 now which would have made her 14 when she had Haleigh, It has since been proved that wasn't correct Bio-mom is actually 23, is Misty's B-date instead. ok now I'm going back to the police report.

I doubt he was threatened with jail time for missed school at that age. Either Ron was exaggerating or there was more to the reports they were getting on him.
I'm betting it was missed school with some other neglect issues. I also wonder about how the kids were dressed, the food in the house, and if Hayleigh came to school tired or hygiene was an issue.
I wish somehow we could hear from other parents at the school or neighbors about some of this stuff.

I don't think he was exaggerating. My son in law forgot to call the school when my grandson was sick.
The school called imm. after the school started and lecture him on not calling.
Without a good reason or doctor excuse and child missing lot of days child service, esp. with single parents are called to check on the family.

I believe that Misty is 17 based not only on the police report dob but IIRC one of the reporters or whatever asked about him being charged in relation to her age, and they said, they are worried about finding H first and then they will deal and figure out everything else.

I don't think he was exaggerating. My son in law forgot to call the school when my grandson was sick.
Without a good reason or doctor excuse and child missing lot of days child service, esp. with single parents are called to check on the family.

Yes, I agree, CPS could be called for this issue and sometimes schools and other "reporters" jump the gun on families, but in Florida can you threaten jail time?
CPS does not have that authority where I am from and even the police would not do that. CPS may take parent to court for neglect but even that would not result in jail time. More likely chronic neglect would at the very most lead to removal, then foster placement or placement with relatives. Charges would not be laid for this. Not sure about the laws everywhere???
I was just wondering why he made that statement or if there was more to it.

Yes, I agree, CPS could be called for this issue and sometimes schools and other "reporters" jump the gun on families, but in Florida can you threaten jail time?
CPS does not have that authority where I am from and even the police would not do that. CPS may take parent to court for neglect but even that would not result in jail time. More likely chronic neglect would at the very most lead to removal, then foster placement or placement with relatives. Charges would not be laid for this. Not sure about the laws everywhere???

I don't know about jail time. I do think in Illinois you can be fine. Our schools are great. Kody was tired one week he in Kindgarden the teacher sent home note asking if he was getting another sleep.

I am confused. I thought the Bard's lived in Pa? If so, how did Ronald live next door to them?

I also see they or at least he is a reverend..

"Services will be Thursday at 11 a.m. at Howard L. Sipes Funeral Home in McConnellsburg, Pa. The Rev. Donald and Phyllis Bard will officiate. Burial will be at Union Cemetery in McConnellsburg."

:eek::eek:

The Rev.'s ???????? And these people rent to SO's???

But wouldn't it all be a moot point considering that HC was only 5 and not even legally required to be in school?
http://www.fldoe.org/faq/default.asp?Dept=107&ID=503#Q503
"1. How is compulsory school attendance defined?
Florida Law (Section 1003.21, Florida Statutes) states that all children who are either six years of age, who will be six years old by February 1 of any school year, or who are older than six years of age but who have not attained the age of 16 years, must attend school regularly during the entire school term. A student who attains the age of 16 years during the school year is not subject to compulsory attendance beyond the date of which the student attains that age if he/she files a formal declaration of intent to terminate school enrollment with the school district."

I know here in Tn the laws are strict about school.

My sister had to go in front the judge when my nephew was 16, The were both standing in front of the judge. My nephew 6 '2 and my sister asked how can i make him go he doesn't want to go I cant drag him. this went on for almost a year. they threatened to fine her and put her in jail.

when he turned 17 he took is GED . everybody was surprised at the school when he aced his GED and almost got the highest score you can get.

he is now a licensed electrician. He went to trade school.

I think in MD your allowed to quit at 16 with parents permission.

I know here in tn. Its your choice to start them at 5 years old. My son is on the border line to start kindergarten this sept . His birthday is may. If i wanted to keep im home I could. they dont have to start here unless there 6. I dont know what the law is in fl

ok this is just my opinion

I think they should ask everybody on the lie detector test

Do you have a key to Ronald house
Did you give anybody a key the key to Ronald house

me and a friend was discussion that
I belive that should be asked to everyone

bio mom
grandmother
etc

I watched Greta tonight and she had a reporter on the phone. This reporter made the comment that Ron and Misty had only lived in the trailer for 2 weeks. I thought they'd been there for 4 months. Was this just poor reporting or what?

ok maybe this was meant to scare Ronald
it has went to far and now they don't know what to do
They didn't expect them to call the police?
maybe le should say were going to close are eyes count to 10 please put Haleigh back in the bed and we just forget this all happened. I used to that with my foster daughter when she took something and didn't have time to look for it. im going to bed now I have just been thinking too much

Was it reported somewhere that bio mom has life insurance on haleigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard