trial thread: 5/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didnt Logan go after his kid and file emergency custody to keep EJ from marching all around the country with the baby? I dont understand that part of this story? What was he doing all that time?

He did take her to court. The judge granted joint custody arrangements. When it was Logan's turn to take him Elizabeth took off. TS blames Logan for this.

Eta: and then he went back like artsy says.

He did file for emergency custody once he realized that EJ was gone. That was why TPS had kept saying to EJ you have to come back for court.

The Smiths didn't tell him where EJ was. All he knew was San Antonio because of Jack giving him EJ's new phone number. He kept trying to get help from LE, only to be told it was a custody dispute. It wasn't until EJ texted him about killing Gabriel that anybody finally sat up and listened.

Why didnt Logan go after his kid and file emergency custody to keep EJ from marching all around the country with the baby? I dont understand that part of this story? What was he doing all that time?

Logan did file and do everything he possibly could do. If there were such a thing as clairvoyant filings allowed, wherein a parent can say in advance that they "know" the other parent will abscond with the child, there would be far fewer tragedies like this concerning children. But he really couldn't just go to court and say "I think she might leave" and thereby deny her rights to her child. Many parents would unjustly be stripped of their parental rights if it were that easy!

There have been way too many attempts from the lying, criminal TS camp to paint Logan as a father who "should" have ___________ (just fill in the blank, they've tried them all) and then claim that therefore he deserved to have his baby illegally stolen by a crazy criminal verse-spouting nutcase. It didn't work then, won't work now. What Logan did or didn't do really has nothing to do with TS's choice to commit criminal actions.

He did file for emergency custody once he realized that EJ was gone. That was why TPS had kept saying to EJ you have to come back for court.

So after TS realizes there is a father who wants the kid she gave up? I do hope he has grown up some cause thinking soley about the child's wellbeing I wouldnt want him to be tossed around when Logan decides to do whatever it is that led to 4 felonies again. I hope he has learned a lesson and will take care of his son which is a hard enough job with 2 parents.

This is why as kooky as TS seems I wonder if she would be better for the kid even if Logan wants him now. Just because he is the bio dad does not necessarly mean he would make the best parent. As far as I can tell too not everyday is there a family that will take another person's child to raise for life.

I was wondering what in the world is motivating the Smith's like a tax write off was one guess I had.

So after TS realizes there is a father who wants the kid she gave up? I do hope he has grown up some cause thinking soley about the child's wellbeing I wouldnt want him to be tossed around when Logan decides to do whatever it is that led to 4 felonies again. I hope he has learned a lesson and will take care of his son which is a hard enough job with 2 parents.

This is why as kooky as TS seems I wonder if she would be better for the kid even if Logan wants him now. Just because he is the bio dad does not necessarly mean he would make the best parent. As far as I can tell too not everyday is there a family that will take another person's child to raise for life.

I was wondering what in the world is motivating the Smith's like a tax write off was one guess I had.

Were you watching the trial when Logan explained his criminal history? Cause you seem to be focused on the "4 felonies" a whole lot.

BBM

Not that I particularly want to hear TPS ramble on and on, but I hope it's the lead prosecutor who cross examines her, because you just know she'll push TPS's buttons and make say something she didn't mean to say. :rocker:

I suspect that Det Ramirez has made suggestions on what to ask Tammi, as she is probably more aware of where she is lying, just guessing. Is it possible there has never been a defendant in our court systems like Tammi Smith. Is she for real??!!!

The Smiths didn't tell him where EJ was. All he knew was San Antonio because of Jack giving him EJ's new phone number. He kept trying to get help from LE, only to be told it was a custody dispute. It wasn't until EJ texted him about killing Gabriel that anybody finally sat up and listened.

I was thinking about the time she spent with her granny? how long was that and where was Logan at that time?

I suspect that Det Ramirez has made suggestions on what to ask Tammi, as she is probably more aware of where she is lying, just guessing. Is it possible there has never been a defendant in our court systems like Tammi Smith. Is she for real??!!!

Cindy Anthony has her beat 150% and she should have called her before court LOL

I was thinking about the time she spent with her granny? how long was that and where was Logan at that time?

EJ was there for about a week while Logan was on work furlough (or whatever that was called) at the jail.

And I have to give Logan a lot of credit for accepting responsibility for being involved with the crimes - even though it wasn't him that committed them.

Tammy and Jack just arrived, hand-in-hand, gazing fondly at each other and smiling happily. She's wearing a brown pantsuit and red blouse... and her cross, I believe.

Two partners in crime that seem convinced they will get away with. I hope they are wrong. jmo

I didn't get to see much before they took lunch...anything super interesting happen yet?
Thanks!

Dave and Bernie: I would be afraid to do anything w/o a lawyer maybe she was just dumb and didnt know. Did you know it is illegal to drive barefoot in Texas? I didnt know and I cant drive in heels or my crocs, so I could give lots of ppl the benefit of the doubt especially when it comes to complicated laws. Im not saying she didnt know what she was doing whatever it was was wrong im waiting to see that evidence but im not taking the state at their word cause I know how they are with their long arm LOL

She stated on the stand she had a lawyer before she met EJ and used him in this case, and that she has always had lawyers. That is suspicious to me, why would she have needed lawyers so much in her life.

EJ was there for about a week while Logan was on work furlough (or whatever that was called) at the jail.

And I have to give Logan a lot of credit for accepting responsibility for being involved with the crimes - even though it wasn't him that committed them.

And Granny lived in Boston. Granddad Robert Johnson, Sr. lives in AZ.

the funny thing about that is if the shoe were on the other foot and Logan was up before the court yall would be calling him a 4 time felon etc etc LOL

The 4 time felon part is incorrect. He has a class 5 felony, singular. That was brought up in the child custody hearing and confirmed by Det. Ramirez by answering a direct question.

She stated on the stand she had a lawyer before she met EJ and used him in this case, and that she has always had lawyers. That is suspicious to me, why would she have needed lawyers so much in her life.

BBM

And I have to ask what kind of lawyers they were, since you would think a lawyer would have told her it was illegal to run the colon cleansing business in TN at that time - which created fines against her that she still has never paid.... :what:

Were you watching the trial when Logan explained his criminal history? Cause you seem to be focused on the "4 felonies" a whole lot.

No I didnt see hardly anything about him other than he was in jail at some point. I dont understand how he can get a house and she tears it up then they get another place and she tears that up and he didnt go right then and take custody. that is what I would think any good parent would do for the fear of what she was capable of. Some are so focused on how horrible TS is for wanting to raise other people kids and so far I have only heard about rachael's and this one. that is only 2 kids and she is 40 years old. Unless ther are others I missed 2 possible adoptions is not a big deal.

IMO a kooky stable christian family far beats 2 teenagers with criminal pasts and unstable lives.I dont see how this is such a far stretch for people to see.

This is why i suspect the state charged her not for the crimes of writing wrong names on paper but to get to the location of the kid or info as to her knowledge of his whereabouts more than anything else. In other words they thought this charge would get her to reveal the babys location.

this is the part im fuzzy on and why im watching I thought I heard TS say Ej told her Logan might not be the dad and this guy and that guy so I wondered if TS and company didnt know themselves who the dad was. I think EJ convinced Tammi that Logan was worthless and just messing with her through the kid.

I dont know I havent heard that testimony yet.

Didn't EJ say that there was no other father, but that TS said to put multiple names, it was all TS's idea. I do believe that.

No I didnt see hardly anything about him other than he was in jail at some point. I dont understand how he can get a house and she tears it up then they get another place and she tears that up and he didnt go right then and take custody. that is what I would think any good parent would do for the fear of what she was capable of. Some are so focused on how horrible TS is for wanting to raise other people kids and so far I have only heard about rachael's and this one. that is only 2 kids and she is 40 years old. Unless ther are others I missed 2 possible adoptions is not a big deal.

IMO a kooky stable christian family far beats 2 teenagers with criminal pasts and unstable lives.I dont see how this is such a far stretch for people to see.

This is why i suspect the state charged her not for the crimes of writing wrong names on paper but to get to the location of the kid or info as to her knowledge of his whereabouts more than anything else. In other words they thought this charge would get her to reveal the babys location.

BBM

Tammi has her own criminal past. She's been married several times (I forget if Jack is #4 or #5) - including being married to 2 of them at the same time.

Look back at some of the older threads on this case, and look up her history yourself, and then tell me how stable she is....

True. If his criminal past was allowed in court, yes. Is Tammi's own criminal past admissible?

If been in meetings all morning and could not watch or post.

I think the defense opened the door yesterday to ALL of Tammi's past- criminal, abandoning her kids, etc. - to come in because, while past bad acts don't come unless related to an MO, in general, they can come in when the defendant herself testifies as to her good character, which she did yesterday, with all that stuff about preaching to "heathens" in Africa.

Like I said yesterday (and haven't watched yet today), if the state fails to bring this character evidence up today, I will lose all faith in them.

And as to Logan's criminal past vs. Tammi's, this trial is not to decide whether or not Logan is a good person and should have custody. He is not on trial. So, his criminal record is not as relevant as hers is.

Nevertheless, didn't he already testify as to his criminal record?

Bottom line is that Tammi acted criminally, which is why she on trial, so when she tries to claim she is peaches and cream and an upstanding citizen with pure motives, her past becomes important. Logan has a bad past as well, but HE didn't aid and abet the kidnapping of his son or the denial of custody of a child to a lawful parent. So, his past is irrelevant here.

BBM

Tammi has her own criminal past. She's been married several times (I forget if Jack is #4 or #5) - including being married to 2 of them at the same time.

Look back at some of the older threads on this case, and look up her history yourself, and then tell me how stable she is....

in weighing the two parties and assuming EJ has killed the baby in hindsight had she allowed the Smith's to adopt the child HE WOULD BE ALIVE today .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288