2010.02.09 New motion filed by defense TES search records

In that motion Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, said the group that aided in the search for Caylee Anthony, Casey's daughter, recently made search records available to the media
http://www.wesh.com/news/22513305/detail.html

what could this mean??

It could mean that TM and MN got tired of waiting around for JB and AL to come to their office and review the records like they were told in court that they could, so they just gave them to the media. :angel:

ETA, Or maybe it's just JB's way of saying, "Yoohoo! Look over here! Pay no attention to the SA behind the curtain with the new info and materials! Look at what I've got!"

In that motion Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, said the group that aided in the search for Caylee Anthony, Casey's daughter, recently made search records available to the media.<snipped> from link above.

Does this mean TES released info to the public on their own so now Baez thinks it opened the gate for him? :waitasec:

I wish they would leave TM alone. His wife is very ill right now. :(

Does anyone have the recent video of Mr. Nejame being interviewed about the defense asking for all of the TES documents? &#8220;I don't understand the basis of this,&#8221; NeJame said. &#8220;It&#8217;s incorrect. But if that's the way they want to play it, we'll play it out in court.&#8221;

NeJame said one of his biggest concerns has been to protect the personal information of the approximately 4,000 searchers who volunteered.

He said his door was open for the defense to examine anything they wanted.

&#8220;Come by. Take a look. If you see anything, let us know and we'll bring it to the court,&#8221; NeJame said. &#8220;The motion is wrong, and they're wrong,&#8221; said Mark NeJame, the attorney for Texas EquuSearch.

Letting someone review , in one's office is a far cry from RELEASING UN-REDACTED DOCUMENTS on four thousand folks WITH ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER INFORMATION ON IT, OF COURSE.

imo, The defense is having a little fun with more nonsense motions. What is new? TES already agreed to a depo of Mr. Miller and they agreed to the defense coming to Mr. Nejame's office to review the documents. This was months ago.

What the defense wants is ALL OF the records, copied and boxed up and delivered for them to go over (or have the interns and Andrea's students go over, we could guess). ( That is contrary to what the judge ruled).

M. Nejame is a very experienced lawyer and I am sure he will make short order of this, as usual. When is the defense going to get serious?

Remember this from last year: God bless Mr. Miller and his wife [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhqKH9Z_J-U[/ame]

Here is the judge's order. I don't get what the defense does not understand in it.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20582267/detail.html

Do they charge by the frivolous motion?

Motions by this defense always sound like a seventh grader wrote them. They're sarcastic, personal, and overall poorly written. The funny thing is they are using the same argument people use against them arguing for COV. They claim KC is overexposed in the media, then act like media ahems. Maybe KC IS writing her own motions.

Even though we all know the defense are going to do this kind of thing over and over, even though it is the documented AL way of running a defense, it is still aggravating each new time they pull one of these stunts. It's their cynicism that annoys, the deliberate prevarication that has nothing to do with justice and privileges the bad faith killer of Caylee above the good faith searchers for Caylee. But this is going to go on and on, so: deep breath and a whistle.

Does anyone have the recent video of Mr. Nejame being interviewed about the defense asking for all of the TES documents? I recall he said something to the effect of if they ( the defense) want to come to my office and examine the records, come on over , have a look...but they never have. Then he said rather off the cuff (is how it seemed to me) to the reporter, he would even let them come over and take a look. IIRC

That is a far cry from RELEASING UNREDACTED DOCUMENTS WITH ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER INFORMATION ON IT, OF COURSE.

imo, The defense is having a little fun with more nonsense motions. What is new? TES already agreed to a depo of Mr. Miller and they agreed to the defense coming to Mr. Nejame's office to review the documents.

What the defense wants is the records, copied and boxed up and delivered for them to go over (or have the interns and Andrea's students go over).

M. Nejame is a very experienced lawyer and I am sure he will make short order of this, as usual.

TWA I don't have the link to the video but I do have the link to the article, it is found in part 2.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html

UPDATE
Perhaps this is the video you are looking for ( I am having trouble playing the video..I hope this is it)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...o=nejamesearch_020320100902&cat=CAC&title=Did

Let's see, they already have the names and information on the 32 volunteers who were in that area. Geeze, I guess none of them would drink the Kasey Kool-Aid!

I'm quoting the motion referenced above here:

"As a reason for this non-disclosure, TES cites primarily, in its August 20, 2009 response, an alleged "chilling effect on future volunteers" which would be triggered by having the volunteers' "ident(ies) and personal information disclosed and available for publication and broadcast across the media." (emphasis added).

Hello??? Did the media publish any of this??? No! Were they allowed to take notes??? I doubt it.

What a hunk of worthless stuff.

What just GALLS me about the entire situation is that THE DEFENCE DONT REALLY NEED THE RECORDS!!!

They are going to prove NOTHING and will not help defend the perp in anyway at all!!!

They are just looking for someone else to try and pin it on (as if what they have done to Kronk isnt bad enough - they are going for more blood on the floor) and it is all A BIG WASTE OF TIME.

They should be deposing witnesses!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. They are driving me TO CAPS-LOCKS and EXCESSIVE EXCLAIMATION POINTS!!!!!

Even though we all know the defense are going to do this kind of thing over and over, even though it is the documented AL way of running a defense, it is still aggravating each new time they pull one of these stunts. It's their cynicism that annoys, the deliberate prevarication that has nothing to do with justice and privileges the bad faith killer of Caylee above the good faith searchers for Caylee. But this is going to go on and on, so: deep breath and a whistle.

That's what else I was going to say!! What's with them filing motions that have already been argued (videotaping, TES)?? Is there anywhere I can get a transcript of some of AL's lecture? Or if worse comes to worse an audio or video which I would rather not have to listen to? I'd really like to hear or read some of these tactics for myself.

Scary that this is all they got!! :banghead: Does anyone really think they are going to depose all the searchers? Or even interview them? Such a waste of time. There is no defense for Casey and they know it......:loser:

.....Hello??? Did the media publish any of this??? No! Were they allowed to take notes??? I doubt it.

What a hunk of worthless stuff.

Right, cuz if they did, Baez et. al. could just pull it up on the ole internet for KC to see. So they must not have.

I wish they would leave TM alone. His wife is very ill right now. :(

Unfortunately the defense team has very little sympathy for anyone other than KC. They were the ones who wanted to tromp through the remains site before they had completely recovered Caylee's little bones. They were the ones who decided to release that video to the press suggesting RK could be a suspect knowing that Mr. RK had lost a partner to Cancer. You don't always get over a loss like that immediately. I just feel MN will indeed handle this for TES so TM can take care of his wife.

Makes you wonder if the media could take time out to meet with MN, what's is wrong with JB and the Sunshine Gang. If they spent less time writing motions to complain and did some work for a change.....well, you know....guess the former would make for a better book. JMO

This Motion is asking for disclosure of ALL materials in TES possession that relate in the search for Caylee. and not just the ones already ruled on which were of the 32 people who searched the woods where Caylee's remains were found. :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I just wish Judge S would say " :gavel: JB :hand: I've already ruled on this"

TWA I don't have the link to the video but I do have the link to the article, it is found in part 2.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html

UPDATE
Perhaps this is the video you are looking for ( I am having trouble playing the video..I hope this is it)
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...o=nejamesearch_020320100902&cat=CAC&title=Did

Yes, this is the statements I remember from him. Thanks for finding it so fast! Indeed it does show the reporter looking at a file that has names and numbers, but the distinction is reviewing vs. releasing.
Baez knows this. I am sure he has reviewed documents in another lawyer's office before. They were to come, review them and IF THEY FOUND ANY OF INTEREST, THE JUDGE WOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THEM AND RULE IF THEY ARE RELEVANT AND SHOULD BE RELEASED.
I promise you that reporter did not photograph, or copy or in any way shape or form memorialize what he was allowed to REVIEW. If Baez honestly doesn't know the difference, Andrea does. Shame on them for wasting the courts time with all of this bs!

Here is the judge's ruling:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20582267/detail.html

This Motion is asking for disclosure of ALL materials in TES possession that relate in the search for Caylee. and not just the ones already ruled on which were of the 32 people who searched the woods where Caylee's remains were found. :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I just wish Judge S would say " :gavel: JB :hand: I've already ruled on this"

Doesn't that seem awfully broad and vague? What materials and possesions relate to the search but were not of the 32 people? People who searched for another 3 year old? People who searched in Orlando but not for Caylee? People who use duct tape around the house? People whose names start with a C?

This motion is a waste-- a huge waste-- filed on a ****** whim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back