Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a suspect or a POI and they are not asking for help to find that or find out more information from people to make that arrest...they should turn the case over to an LE agency who knows what to do! They don't have the luxury of time on their side before he possibly strikes again.

Every day on the news here they ask for information and for people to come forward with info. They have had over 2500 leads so far that they are sifting thru, so I guess I don't understand your statement:confused: .

There could be more clues that no one knows about. If the freak said certain things to the rape victim or asked her questions. If he seemed to know that she lived there where he abducted her without asking or taking her I.D. could indicate someone who is around the University watching her and/or lives in the area since the other attacks are in the same vicinity. You'd think he'd worry about a victim recognizing his voice if they know him though. He definitely doesn't want to be caught or identified by his vehicle or face yet was stupid enough to leave a baby shoe laying in the floorboard.

does anyone know if America's Most Wanted has been delayed tonight?....Cops is still on here...

nevermind...it's coming on right now

We actually do not know if they have no clue, they could have suspects, we do not know- they could have someone they are watching and can't bring in for unknown reasons, how would we know?
I was responding to your comment. If they have a POI or a Suspect and don't name them...people with pertinent information on that particular person won't know to come forward which could give them the ammo needed to bring him in or to find him.

So this is the reason our mothers always told us not to leave the house without clean underwear.

Sorry, with scientific discussion of panties going on for weeks, I couldn't resist. No disrespect to bri meant.

Panthera,
Wonderful theory that bri may have only been killed because she was the only victim who could Id the perp. I always looked at it the other way, why would he kill the one victim he had ties to? But now, I see it could go either way. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. :)

The City of Reno has teamed up with America's Most Wanted to do a video of the investigation on the Brianna Denison case. The video can be viewed online here:

http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1421

Also at the above site is an article that was posted on Thursday dispelling the rumor that there had been an arrest made. It states that many high-profile case generate rumors.

There could be more clues that no one knows about. If the freak said certain things to the rape victim or asked her questions. If he seemed to know that she lived there where he abducted her without asking or taking her I.D. could indicate someone who is around the University watching her and/or lives in the area since the other attacks are in the same vicinity. You'd think he'd worry about a victim recognizing his voice if they know him though. He definitely doesn't want to be caught or identified by his vehicle or face yet was stupid enough to leave a baby shoe laying in the floorboard.

I hope the police have other evidence found in that field where Brianna's body was found, or information from the Nov. and Dec. victims. Unfortunately, it sounds like the police don't have much to work with.

The Dec. victim made observations about the interior of the suspect's vehicle, but her description doesn't help too much without a make and model of the truck/SUV or even a color. She also gave a description of the suspect, but her description could match thousands of men. There wasn't anything in the description that's identifying, like a tattoo, scar, or birthmark. It's completely understandable that in her panicked state of mind, she couldn't be more precise. The poor girl was scared to death and beaten.

The police have the suspect's DNA, but if he doesn't have a prior criminal record or isn't a registered sex offender, the DNA isn't going to help in capturing him, only in identifying him once caught.

The suspect is street smart - he knows how to remain elusive and fly under the radar.

The details of the vehicle are of the interior, which doesn't help much unless you've been in it. That doesn't help most people. If someone had a similar interior then you would guess LE could at least narrow down a make or model. The details which have been released aren't that helpful, even to those who may know him. While it is a good idea to keep info close to the vest, there may be something about the words he uses or an item that may help others recognize him. The longer they go without an arrest the chances diminish that they will find him. They've had the evidence for weeks now.

With no one coming forward about the thong I wonder if he didn't buy it and later add DNA to it. I know that's a stretch but it would explain no one claiming it. If the arsehole is so into undies then it wouldn't be that difficult to transfer DNA from another pair he has that could be traced. Or maybe he has had it for years. If it was just regular underwear then I could see the difficulty in finding it's owner. Most women wouldn't know if a pair of UW was missing because they often buy them in packs of 3 or more. I know I don't keep close tabs on my undies. However, the thong is distinctive.

The City of Reno has teamed up with America's Most Wanted to do a video of the investigation on the Brianna Denison case. The video can be viewed online here:

http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1421

Also at the above site is an article that was posted on Thursday dispelling the rumor that there had been an arrest made. It states that many high-profile case generate rumors.
When I posted this yesterday, I noted they had made a mistake on the console. It stated in the video that it opened in the back, but on the AMW website it stated it opened in the front. So now, we don't actually know which one is correct. I wish they would have their fact checkers go over such details!! :rolleyes:

With no one coming forward, it makes me think more it is another victim.

That could be. She may be fearful that he will come back for her if she comes forward. I do know that if it was me I wouldn't risk that he wouldn't come back anyway. I'd be [SIZE=-1]singing like a canary before I flew the coop. On the other hand, if it is a previous victim LE may not say if she does (or did) come forward. Let's just hope this cooling off period is a lot longer than his pattern has been. [/SIZE]

I wonder if they've considered the vehicle was borrowed or stolen out of the area. We don't know what vehicle was used for Brianna. Is it possible from the description other victims gave that they are different vehicles? In the same respect that I think it's possible those undies were intended as an intentional farce not leading back to the suspect I just can't imagine him leaving the other victims with so much info that does lead back to him as well as alive. This guy could be scavenging dumpsters or whatever for phoney plants. I just can't see that someone who knows him especially a wife or girlfriend not putting these clues together.

In the Kelsey Smith case Edwin Hall's wife did not see the video images broadcast on tv. I'd imagine locally that info is being being widely publicized but with any kind of headline news how many people besides us really pay attention to details? If there are any children involved maybe the wife or girlfriend has only heard the headlines and is just too busy with a job, child, etc. Especially if the perp is out of area. I know LE thinks he is not but being familiar with the area of the victims could be from working there previously or living there at one time or even attending school. How could this person be from that area and someone not put two and two together? I highly doubt it.

ETA: He was taking a big chance using his own vehicle or a friends by having the tags possibly seen and led right back to him ages ago.

True, the wife or SO could be so busy with raising his child or children and taking care of his sorry @zz that she doesn't have time to watch television. He might keep her busy during the time the news is on so there isn't a chance for her to see it, too. I have no doubt that he watches and finds every single thing in the news about his acts tho.

While the truck/suv could be stolen, I wouldn't think so. He is a terrible burglar/thief after how he tried breaking into that house of Victim #2.

Borrowed maybe...but chances are it is his own vehicle. He feels secure in it and I think that he likes to replay the scenario over in his mind when he is driving his wife/SO around or going to work. He would miss all that if it were borrowed. This guy has no real fear of being caught. He wouldn't think about the license plate leading back to him or someone recognizing it. In his head, it can't happen. (IMO)

In this case I am thinking a personality like Ted Bundy or BTK..THEY WERE SO NORMAL ON THE OUTSIDE. I think our perp is the same way. He's got problems, but not that are visual in day to day contact. I still feel he has above average intelligence, above average physical skills and social skills. He isn't raping/murdering people that are close to him....his vic's are hand picked due to certain characterics that both appeal to him and the timing. This is not random...this is a combination of timing and place and character and his confidence in taking them at that specific locatiion.
He doesn't sum all that up in minutes..he stalks enough to know who, what , where and when..that is why he hasn't been caught yet.
JMHO

I think you are right about his personality DeltaDawn. I think when he is caught, people that know him will be surprised.

The point I might disagree on is the social skills. I'd guess that he "comes off pretty good" but his social skills are largely superficial. He can put on a decent show but those who know him well (which are very few) recognize that his attachments to people aren't strong. I'd guess him to be somewhat of a loner with a S.O. and a couple close acquaintances. He spends a lot of time daydreaming/fantasizing and does not accept criticism well at all. Tends to blame others for his problems and has some type of trauma in his childhood.

His social skills are what is appropo for his social strata. Bundy, BTK etc were all quite capable of putting on the show when they needed to..and no one..not even their families suspected.
JMHO

The point I might disagree on is the social skills. I'd guess that he "comes off pretty good" but his social skills are largely superficial. He can put on a decent show but those who know him well (which are very few) recognize that his attachments to people aren't strong. I'd guess him to be somewhat of a loner with a S.O. and a couple close acquaintances. He spends a lot of time daydreaming/fantasizing and does not accept criticism well at all. Tends to blame others for his problems and has some type of trauma in his childhood.

Not taking criticism well, blaming others for their problems, and some type of childhood trauma really describes the majority of Americans....mostly the younger generation. I'm not saying you are wrong. I just think the younger generation, not all but some, seem to fit this description. We seem to have become a Country that blames others for our behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge