2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lady will just follow along with the majority actually so it may prove well for the state in the end.

Disgraceful...this woman is not up to the challenge. JP Is wrong on this. WHat's the point of a peremptory challenge if they have to back it up like that?

The State should have asked her if she knew what a Mass Spectrometer was. I think HHJP would have changed his mind. I think he's getting desperate to seat a jury, too desperate.

Well lets hope she's a Follower :maddening:

IMHO she would have to be,other jurors would have to explain info to her,she just might go along with the majority,or who ever became friends with her on the jury JMHO:waitasec:

They are planting the seed that her case will be taken up after conviction by The Innocence Project.

You know what they say......OK well just me... but....a well planned planting yields a better harvest.

And NO....I am not a farmer.

It's all in the seeds.
...oh...and she will go to her death proclaiming her innocence.

Gag, gag...

No, the judge WON'T let the state use a peremptory strike b/c the DT countered she is AA.

Oh no! I didn't hear him say peremptory. This is bad. Never seen a peremptory objected to and sustained! This lady could really screw up this case. I'm sorry. No way can she understand a case of this complexity. She's going to go off pure emotion: "Well, now. That young lady looks nice. I saw pictures of her with her baby. She could not have killed her. And her momma? Well, I can see how she feels. That makes sense. Pizza could really stink."

I am now suddenly worried about this case.

Well the sidebar is bringing something out that we can't know about. I'd say the State was kind not to hit her like a brick with something publicly if it is sensitive.

Is this sidebar about this last PJ or the next one?

Well the sidebar is bringing something out that we can't know about. I'd say the State was kind not to hit her like a brick with something publicly if it is sensitive.

If I heard correctly, this is something about the next juror.

Don't count this woman out. The fact remains that she has not heard the evidence.

I can't remember if she has children, or if she is a grandmother...or for that matter if her own mother is still living.

Trust me when I say that older people are NOT going to like hearing how Casey Anthony acted after her daughter went missing, nor will they like hearing about how she stole from her ailing grandmother!

This woman could be the very first to raise her hand for guilty!

BBM.

That's the problem. She's not going to want to judge people based of other people's accounts. She said she doesn't like to judge others from what other people say. And that's EXACTLY what jurors do, and what they're supposed to do.

We all know so much regarding forensics, mitigations and so on. However, there is a lot of the general public who really could care less about this stuff.

It is fine people do not care about forensics as part of their daily life (unlike people like us). However, when presented with forensic evidence and forensic testimony a juror should have the intelligence to understand it in order to make their fair decision.

Is this in regard to #1319 or the next pot j? tia

IMO, the state screwed up when they did not effectively question her nearly as long or indepth as they had for other pj. They decided to soon they were going to use their strike, and didnt think that HHJP would not allow it. Had they questioned longer etc...and at least gave the appearance that they were willing to listen and possibly not challenge, I think the HHJP may have allowed them to use the strike.

I had read somewhere that either side could strike for any reason if using a peremptory strike. Apparently not!

You can, but we are not there yet. The strikes happen in the final round.

Which juror's qualifications are they addressing at sidebar? The last woman or this current on waiting?

Fox News just did a report on this case....and, showed a pic of ICA with RO! Explained who RO is and she is now a part of the defense team!!!

Whoa ... they are way behind on their news coverage.

I first read the "news" about Rosalie Bolin being on the DT right here at WS 3 days ago ! :great:

By the way ... did Fox News mention that RB is married to a "serial killer" ? :loser:

I did not know they even had to voice a reason to use one of the p. strikes. Any lawyers here???

You cannot strike someone because of bad faith reasons - particularly race. It is fundamental and very sensitive law and cases are often challenged on diallowed Batson objections. JA should have thought faster on his feet or pushed her harder. It will be interesting to see what the sidebar is about.

The SA needs this woman off. I'm not sure she would feel comfortable finding someone guilty no matter what the evidence reflects. All it takes is for ONE juror to be like that and then ICA gets her hung jury and we have to do this all over again. And the DT knows this and that's what they're going for.

I couldn't help but notice the the DT did not go through their lengthy list of questions. Got her off quickly before she said something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong