Tim Miller Speaks Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the LVA was that reliable, alot more LE agencies would use it. It has serious flaws. There is no way I would trust that to tell a family their missing child is dead. And IMO anyone who does is irresponsible.

I think I would give TM a LOT more credit than merely basing his statement on the LVA. He has spent quality time with the core family and has been told things (by Ron?) that he does not want to share IMO and so is sharing his professional opinion.

While it may seem harsh the odds are against HaLeigh being alive, lets face it and that's precisely what TM is trying to do. The HaLeigh being alive thing can go on for months/years and already tearing the family up, it will destroy them and TM knows intimately the impact.

He is trying to help the family by breaking this so that they can begin to face the most likely outcome and come to terms with it. Ron is seeking closure and while it is sad he needs to continue on with his life. They all do. They cannot keep this up forever.

TM has weighed what he knows about dead versus alive and he is trying to do the right thing given the odds. Everyone wants to cling to the hope that HaLeigh will one day return home safe but if the family does not have her then the odds are very very bad.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Sorry.

Maybe so, but doesn't do anything for erasing the impact of thoughts and suffering to Haleighs family his statements have caused for now and until that time.

Most of the suffering is caused by Haleigh being gone, though. I'm sure that even if TM had never said anything, many members of the family would torment themselves with all manner of horrible scenarios that might have happened to Haleigh. I don't believe that hearing TM's statement was the first time it occurred to anyone that Haleigh might be dead.

Then we have his latest statement, "That Haleigh is dead, has been dead since the beginning and that we won't be finding an alive Haleigh". Well, I want to know why he feels this way. What evidence has he seen, received or know about this case for him to draw these conclusions and release them to the media and other outlets.

snip

I think a very big part of this is his statement that the family does not cooperate with the searchers. IMO it's very telling, considering that the family is who got Tim involved again.

I can't make a lick of sense out of the conflicting statements Tim says lately about will continue to help or won't be returning. Weird. But, IMO, Tim Miller has more than proven himself reliable over the years, and if he says his opinion is Haleigh is gone and the family doesn't cooperate, I will believe it until something more concrete than bloggers comments and spin of his words tells me different. That is what it boils down to for me: I believe in Tim Miller. period. So,I will go with what he says, not matter how odd it seems. JMO

You are right no one is perfect. I really didn't start this thread to say anything bad about Tim. What has become very apparent, is he is now a part of the case. He's not just a volunteer search organization. At the rate he's going and commenting with statements, doesn't look like that information train is slowing down anytime soon.

He's now being interviewed regularly, his word is being taken as facts in the case, and really mostly the only news on the case has involved Tim in someway. That's what has caught my eye.

Then we have his latest statement, "That Haleigh is dead, has been dead since the beginning and that we won't be finding an alive Haleigh". Well, I want to know why he feels this way. What evidence has he seen, received or know about this case for him to draw these conclusions and release them to the media and other outlets.

It's like he's taken front and center on the case, or is it just me feeling this way?
i think the caylee case really got to him ... and now this and i think tim is just not used to this and i dont think not sure thought that tim had this much publicity before the caylee case .. so he may be under alot of pressure from alot of people looking to him for answers he doesnt have .. i think he is too deeply involved in both the cases and its hurting him emotionally because he is just trying to be a good person .. i think his gut is telling him she is dead .. he didnt think caylee was alive either .. no one knows anything except the person or persons who had a hand in whatever .. i still wonder if misty/ron were trying to do a casey anthony to get donation money .. i mean that would give misty all the drugs shed want .. not so sure if ron would do it but mabey i dont know them enough to say either way .. it just i guess is a hope that she is alive

I have a question about TM. Why would he tell CS and MG that he would never stop searching on 10/17 and then the very next week, he announced he quit? I mean who cares if some people aren't co-operating, he could still conduct searches, I'm sure CS and MG would have been happy to co-operate w/ him. It's strange to me. :waitasec:

I have a question about TM. Why would he tell CS and MG that he would never stop searching on 10/17 and then the very next week, he announced he quit? I mean who cares if some people aren't co-operating, he could still conduct searches, I'm sure CS and MG would have been happy to co-operate w/ him. It's strange to me. :waitasec:
i think he doesnt know what to do .. i think he wants to search but he knows he may be wasting his time .also i dont think tim gets the full scoop before he says things then he finds them out after the fact and gets upset and angry but i agree either way finding haleigh isnt a waste of time .. i just think he doesnt want to find a dead haleigh .. because now she means something to him

Not at all, not to me. Search where? Everywhere? Commit the resources of TES to search somewhere?

1. I am confident that if TES gets a reliable lead they will be back and search.

2. While TM is willing to work with CS and MG they are not able to provide leads since they are/were not directly involved that night.

3. It is upon Misty, Ron (maybe after the fact) and, TN (maybe after the fact) to cooperate --- thus TM's statement and prime point.

Where is HaLeigh Misty?

Not at all, not to me. Search where? Everywhere? Commit the resources of TES to search somewhere?

1. I am confident that if TES gets a reliable lead they will be back and search.

2. While TM is willing to work with CS and MG they are not able to provide leads since they are/were not directly involved that night.

3. It is upon Misty, Ron (maybe after the fact) and, TN (maybe after the fact) to cooperate --- thus TM's statement and prime point.

Where is HaLeigh Misty?
I understand that, so why tell CS and MG you would search? He hasn't had any new contact w/ Misty and RC, so it's not like something new happened. Why does he need a lead? He didn't have one wen he first came there and RC begged him not to leave, He said they were coming back when the underbrush died back, why could he not still do that? Maybe he could search where ever it is everyone wants RC to search.

If I was going to search for Haleigh, then that is what I would do, not say well some people aren't co-operating so I'm gonna throw a hissy and not come back. She is an innocent little girl! She needs someone the stand up for her. If TM doesn't want to, fine, quit talking about it, move on.

I understand that, so why tell CS and MG you would search? He hasn't had any new contact w/ Misty and RC, so it's not like something new happened. Why does he need a lead? He didn't have one wen he first came there and RC begged him not to leave, He said they were coming back when the underbrush died back, why could he not still do that? Maybe he could search where ever it is everyone wants RC to search.

If I was going to search for Haleigh, then that is what I would do, not say well some people aren't co-operating so I'm gonna throw a hissy and not come back. She is an innocent little girl! She needs someone the stand up for her. If TM doesn't want to, fine, quit talking about it, move on.

So .... where are you going to search if I offer you TES resources?

TM is stating he is willing to search however he does need a lead, something to go on -- like you, he needs to know where to focus his search. You cannot just search blindly for searching sake!!!

There is a method to his madness to force the situ and breakout a lead.

The core family just need to cooperate and tell what they know and stop the distraction.

It is like talking to a kid, tell the truth and the circus will stop and you will get closure BUT if you continue to be stubborn then be it upon your own head. Get on with it.

It is as plain and simple as that. TM is not going to waste his time or resources if the core family will not cooperate but is clearly saying he is willing to search.

TM is making an offer to both sides of the family but it is contingent upon cooperation.

So .... where are you going to search if I offer you TES resources?

TM is stating he is willing to search however he does need a lead, something to go on -- like you, he needs to know where to focus his search. You cannot just search blindly for searching sake!!!

There is a method to his madness to force the situ and breakout a lead.

The core family just need to cooperate and tell what they know and stop the distraction.

It is like talking to a kid, tell the truth and the circus will stop and you will get closure BUT if you continue to be stubborn then be it upon your own head. Get on with it.

It is as plain and simple as that. TM is not going to waste his time or resources if the core family will not cooperate but is clearly saying he is willing to search.

TM is making an offer to both sides of the family but it is contingent upon cooperation.
Well, I would search the woods that people think RC should search. I would search around PDM, alot of people think that is viable. I would hope TM doesn't need people to tell him where to search. If he did he would never find anyone. They know the last place she was, take it from there. Search the places you were gonna search when the underbrush died back. Do a grid search of so many miles from the location she disappeared.

I'm sure CS or MG could give some places they would like searched. Maybe he could search the area of the faked search, there may something of interest there.

Well, I would search the woods that people think RC should search. I would search around PDM, alot of people think that is viable. I would hope TM doesn't need people to tell him where to search. If he did he would never find anyone. They know the last place she was, take it from there. Search the places you were gonna search when the underbrush died back. Do a grid search of so many miles from the location she disappeared.

I'm sure CS or MG could give some places they would like searched. Maybe he could search the area of the faked search, there may something of interest there.

The point is, TM has principles and as he clearly stated with the Anthony's -- one of his fundamental principles is that he requires family cooperation and support.

Now we can all argue that he has the cooperation and support of CS and MG but they are not the primary caregivers of HaLeigh at that time, the core family such as Ron, Misty and, TN.

I must admit that I would take the same position, if the core family was not cooperating or supporting me -- I would offer to search but would make it contingent on that cooperation and valid information. If not, I would make the same statement as TM did and leave.

It is clear that if the core family are NOT cooperating and supporting the search, only folks like CS and MG then all suspicion falls 100% on the core family that implicates them.

What does Ron, Misty and, TN have to hide and to gain by not cooperating and supporting the search?

Tim Miller Will Keep Searching for Haleigh Cummings!

Although veteran child finder Tim Miller sadly believes Haleigh Cummings won’t be found alive, he tells The Bald Truth Wednesday he still plans to return to Putnam County, Florida to search for the ever elusive missing six year old–or her body.

“We will never, EVER quit searching for Haleigh Cummings,” he tells me in an exclusive interview to clear up an apparent misunderstanding that lead volunteers and supporters to jam Texas Equusearch switchboard flabbergasted to hear Miller might not be willing to use his considerable expertise or equipment to look for Haleigh because he felt she was dead.

“We already have plans to return for another organized search when the vegetation thins out this winter,” he says. “”I don’t think Haleigh’s (body) is all that far away from Satsuma because whoever took her isn’t smart enough to carry her far.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/28/exclusive-tim-miller-will-keep-searching-for-haleigh-cummings/

thanks Twall for the link to Tim's latest statement once again changing the publics opinion on what's going on behind the scenes. Causes me to wonder if Tim really knows anything.

From TN and other family members....
Tears streaming, Haleigh’s paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, wept on The Nancy Grace show Tuesday, declaring she believed Haleigh WAS alive, had no proof, but believed in miracles and NOT Tim Miller. “He’s not God,” she said.

Other family members were also distressed law enforcement might be loosing heart, and lessen their efforts, given Miller’s public statement, and statistics supporting the likelihood a child missing for eight months won’t be coming home alive.

One confirmation Tim's words do "hurt the family" as posted yesterday. He needs to be careful, more like just be quiet if there's nothing new to report.

Tim Miller Will Keep Searching for Haleigh Cummings!

Although veteran child finder Tim Miller sadly believes Haleigh Cummings won’t be found alive, he tells The Bald Truth Wednesday he still plans to return to Putnam County, Florida to search for the ever elusive missing six year old–or her body.

“We will never, EVER quit searching for Haleigh Cummings,” he tells me in an exclusive interview to clear up an apparent misunderstanding that lead volunteers and supporters to jam Texas Equusearch switchboard flabbergasted to hear Miller might not be willing to use his considerable expertise or equipment to look for Haleigh because he felt she was dead.

“We already have plans to return for another organized search when the vegetation thins out this winter,” he says. “”I don’t think Haleigh’s (body) is all that far away from Satsuma because whoever took her isn’t smart enough to carry her far.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/28/exclusive-tim-miller-will-keep-searching-for-haleigh-cummings/
What????? I really, really don't understand all the conradictory statements made by TM. Did he not just say,
"I've worked a lot of these things...Haleigh is not going to be one of those miracles," Miller said. "I truly believe it's going to be a miracle if we find Haleigh's body some day ... and I just hate to be that blunt."
http://www.wesh.com/news/21431079/detail.html

I'm sorry, I think TM was at one time in this for the right reasons and I do think he has a good heart, but IMO he needs a break. It almost seems like he is trying to stay in the spotlight by saying whatever it is he thinks will garner him the most attention. IMO. It's bordering on bizarre.

What????? I really, really don't understand all the conradictory statements made by TM. Did he not just say, http://www.wesh.com/news/21431079/detail.html

I'm sorry, I think TM was at one time in this for the right reasons and I do think he has a good heart, but IMO opinion he needs a break. It almost seems like he is trying to stay in the spotlight by saying whatever it is he thinks will garner him the most attention. IMO. It's bordering on bizarre.

He might need a break but I don't see where the contradiction is in the two examples you quoted. He says "if we find Haleigh's body" and not "if somebody finds her body" which appears to mean that he still acknowledges the possibility of himself being part of the search. The latter quote in context refers to his belief that Haleigh isn't going to be found alive.

The Cummings' family continues to hold out hope that Haleigh will be found alive. Miller, however, is not as optimistic.

"I've worked a lot of these things...Haleigh is not going to be one of those miracles," Miller said. "I truly believe it's going to be a miracle if we find Haleigh's body some day ... and I just hate to be that blunt."

Now he did say something earlier that made me think he wouldn't come back to search for Haleigh but maybe he reconsidered due to popular demand or something. Didn't I read that there was a concert donating the proceeds to the search?

What????? I really, really don't understand all the conradictory statements made by TM. Did he not just say, http://www.wesh.com/news/21431079/detail.html

I'm sorry, I think TM was at one time in this for the right reasons and I do think he has a good heart, but IMO opinion he needs a break. It almost seems like he is trying to stay in the spotlight by saying whatever it is he thinks will garner him the most attention. IMO. It's bordering on bizarre.

I am equally as confused with this new interview of Tim Miller and his recent statements. perhaps next time he wishes to make a statement to the public he will consider doing that on his own via his own website. A few snippets that stand out to me:

snip~“This case is worked every day by multiple investigators from our department and other agencies, as we have from day one,” Deputy Hancel Woods, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department (PCSD) tells The Bald Truth. “We disagree with Mr. Miller’s statement, and there’s nothing we’ve seen that his view is correct and we do have every hope of bringing this little girl home.” ~ end snip

Below stated by Tim Miller, a veteran advocate and a man who in my opinion has incredible insight into missing person cases in general:

snip~“We already have plans to return for another organized search when the vegetation thins out this winter,” he says. “”I don’t think Haleigh’s (body) is all that far away from Satsuma because whoever took her isn’t smart enough to carry her far.” ~ end snip

The latter statement speaks volumes to me. If Tim Miller is to be believed we are dealing with a person or persons who is not smart, I happen to agree with his statement. I do not believe we are dealing with a cunning mastermind that has tied every loose end and accounted for every possible snag in a cover-up of epic proportions to the degree that the FBI, FDLE, and PCSO have been duped. I believe Law Enforcement has evidence, they have the pink shirt, they have the cinder block, they have the phone records, they have the back door from 202 Gr. Lane, they have the clothing RC and Misty were wearing the night of the disappearance, they have lie detector results, they have evidence collected from a van often used by Misty Croslin, they have DNA samples, given with cooperation I might add, from various family members connected to this case, they have physical evidence from inside the MH, they have all of this...and let us not forget, a blacked out portion of a police report by a minor in my honest opinion, of perhaps the most important detail of the evening, JR saw someone that wasn't supposed to be there. A man in black.....I hope whoever interviewed JR that night had a video and audio recorder running to catch his initial recollections and statements about that night. JMO

I am equally as confused with this new interview of Tim Miller and his recent statements. perhaps next time he wishes to make a statement to the public he will consider doing that on his own via his own website. A few snippets that stand out to me:

snip~“This case is worked every day by multiple investigators from our department and other agencies, as we have from day one,” Deputy Hancel Woods, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department (PCSD) tells The Bald Truth. “We disagree with Mr. Miller’s statement, and there’s nothing we’ve seen that his view is correct and we do have every hope of bringing this little girl home.” ~ end snip

Below stated by Tim Miller, a veteran advocate and a man who in my opinion has incredible insight into missing person cases in general:

snip~“We already have plans to return for another organized search when the vegetation thins out this winter,” he says. “”I don’t think Haleigh’s (body) is all that far away from Satsuma because whoever took her isn’t smart enough to carry her far.” ~ end snip

The latter statement speaks volumes to me. If Tim Miller is to be believed we are dealing with a person or persons who is not smart, I happen to agree with his statement. I do not believe we are dealing with a cunning mastermind that has tied every loose end and accounted for every possible snag in a cover-up of epic proportions to the degree that the FBI, FDLE, and PCSO have been duped. I believe Law Enforcement has evidence, they have the pink shirt, they have the cinder block, they have the phone records, they have the back door from 202 Gr. Lane, they have the clothing RC and Misty were wearing the night of the disappearance, they have lie detector results, they have evidence collected from a van often used by Misty Croslin, they have DNA samples, given with cooperation I might add, from various family members connected to this case, they have physical evidence from inside the MH, they have all of this...and let us not forget, a blacked out portion of a police report by a minor in my honest opinion, of perhaps the most important detail of the evening, JR saw someone that wasn't supposed to be there. A man in black.....I hope whoever interviewed JR that night had a video and audio recorder running to catch his initial recollections and statements about that night. JMO

Agreed elle! I didn't read Art's article, but it's also bizarre to me that TM and LE can be so far apart on what happened. For them to come right out and say
We disagree with Mr. Miller’s statement, and there’s nothing we’ve seen that his view is correct and we do have every hope of bringing this little girl home.
That to me speak volumes. No side-stepping, no pussyfooting around, just point blank that they disagree w/ him and have no evidence to corroborate his views. Sounds like he stepped on some toes, IMO.

Agreed elle! I didn't read Art's article, but it's also bizarre to me that TM and LE can be so far apart on what happened. For them to come right out and say That to me speak volumes. No side-stepping, no pussyfooting around, just point blank that they disagree w/ him and have no evidence to corroborate his views. Sounds like he stepped on some toes, IMO.

sounds like to me Tim has a personal vendetta going on towards one side of this family. LE couldn't be any clearer. No wondet TN, Ron and the great grandmother stll have hope, as they should as there's no evidence of a deadly crime scene left in the wake of Haleighs disappearance.

I've read all the posts in this thread and I see contradictions all over the place. You want Tim to continue searching in the woods, the tall grass, over by PDM, etc. yet you don't want him making a statement that he doesn't believe Haleigh is alive. If you want him searching out in the back forty for her, how could she be alive?

He has tried in all earnesty to gain ANY info that would lead to a successful find of Haleigh from family and friends but to no avail. He asks full cooperation from the family in order to do an effective search, yet he has not received it. So, why not go to her mother, who would be the next logical person to possibly have even one snippet of information.

Yes, he cares about Haleigh. This is how it is for him. He cares about anyone that is missing. Everyone is someone's child. This was one of the biggest obstacles when looking for Caylee, no cooperation from family. When that happens, you're looking for a needle in a haystack! You have no direction to go in. Your help is volunteer and you need to use them as effectively as possible to try to obtain a positive outcome. When you have non-cooperating families, what does that tell you?

LE have to lean in the direction of an alive Haleigh, because there's no body! They cannot claim that she's not alive without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong