LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say the truck facing to the right is a GMC. GMC did make a version of the z71, but the grilles are different, and thats what i am seeing in the picture. The truck facing to the right, to me, has a rounded grille which sets it apart from the Chevy.

Thanks for that info. Does t-boned mean broadsided?

Yup, I broadsided a truck.... I was pretty young at the time and apparently not paying attention very well.

Thank you for the welcomes folks! :)

Huh. Great catch, Artis. I had to read it twice to see what you saw. But because of the sentence that follows the bold, I think it was a mistake. And an unfortunate one because of all the confusion about the trucks.

As usual, the info is not clear!

GcUIH.png

Perhaps that will help.

Please, NO the truck that is seen driving in the opposite direction is NOT the same truck.

I really think a separate thread should be open for the truck discussion for those that are questioning the ID of the truck(s) vs what LE has released. ???? Hopefully.

I really think a separate thread should be open for the truck discussion for those that are questioning the ID of the truck(s) vs what LE has released. ???? Hopefully.

Seems sensible.

Has anybody found the link to the ABC online article which stated tire tracks were found at the scene at Whiskey Bay? Could've sworn I posted it sometime earlier; but now I can't find it and fear I am "loosing" my mind, lol.

I asked the question about the people gassing up at Circle K because I never heard about a statement from them. Couldn't believe nobody asked LE about them before. I also asked a question about speed cameras that wasn't answered, the question about old people telling kids to NOT RIDE THEIR BIKES AT 2AM ALONE, I also asked if the face-eating zombie guy was a suspect. That one wasn't answered.

I'm also the one who asked "I saw a white truck today, who do I call?" I thought for sure they wouldn't answer that one but they did.

I also asked, for the ladies interested here, if Corporal Paul Mouton is as handsome in person as he appears on TV. This question was not answered.

I heart you

Actually, the questions about the other trucks, truck, whatever is a mute point now lol, they/it has been ruled out, I don't personally care if it was red, white and blue, it's not a valid question anymore. OY

A matter for the mods.

First time post, be easy on me. I have recently started noticing every white vehicle around me and noticed this one today. Sorry if you guys have ruled it out already. Of course not this exact one, but something close. What made me think about it is that it also has writing on the side like a Z71.

Did I attach it correctly?

That picture you attached is a Ford.

JMO, but no way was this an accident or drunk person. I think it's more likely if she WAS hit on accident they would have just hit and run. Why risk stopping, picking up her and the bike, somebody witnessing it in the process, or someone potentially seeing you with a bike in your truck? I don't see it. I think they would just drive off in shock and pretend it didn't happen.

I think whoever this was wanted Mickey and got her. :(

I still say the truck facing to the right is a GMC. GMC did make a version of the z71, but the grilles are different, and thats what i am seeing in the picture. The truck facing to the right, to me, has a rounded grille which sets it apart from the Chevy.

I must say that I agree with you on this one. The emblem on the front appears to be the red GMC emblem. It may be my eyes playing tricks on me. Google GMC Sierra Z-71, they look very similar.

GcUIH.png

Perhaps that will help.

With all of the technological capabilities these days, you would think a better quality picture could be put forth to work with. It's very frustrating. I can only imagine what the locals on here are going through! White trucks everywhere, conflicting info etc....

Well i just drove down coliseum road and st. landry, to see what was going on...
There was only one cop car, directly in front of a home located between henry and st. julien. Two other cops were walking the opposite way, back towards the circle k. (ive attatched a picture of the two LEOs walking away.)

I also drove to circle K and removed the flyer chicken fried made for the car. Should have printed a new one for the truck before i left. I can go by and put one after work if we have one made by then.

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics