The Church?

Also about the church~ just another thought provoking question (also that I sorta-semi posted on the Profile of a killer thread).....do we know if the church was accessible going out of the back of the MHP?
I tried to map it out and it appears there are yards with fences to prevent someone crossing easily from the mhp to the church via the back way.

I tried to map it out and it appears there are yards with fences to prevent someone crossing easily from the mhp to the church via the back way.

Thank you! I guess we (and I mean me) are back to focusing on the fact that Sandra had to have left the mhp via the regular one and only entrance....

quick thing on the church... I was just watching KRON live and they were answering questions that people tweeted in .... one of them was about the gloves...

They said that Shenehan would not confirm or deny that gloves were found under the church.

They also showed some video they took of the church search and it showed fbi using blue light inside

Isn't blue light used to detect blood? :mad:

Are there any Tracy locals out there who know if the Clover Road Baptist Church does outreach/ helps the migrant farm workers or RSO's???

I do hope we find out later that cadaver dogs were at the church and especially at the opening to underneath the church. At least it would tell them if there had been a body there.

I wonder if the suitcase was gone before or after Sandra went missing. If it were right before, that would make the crime even more premeditated.

Fred W, a member of the church says the luggage was to be part of a rummage sale and was stolen the day Sandra went missing.

(IIRC other posters here say Connie L has since said it was hers (?) to be donated to the rummage sale. I don't have a link for that, so maybe someone else can help me out!!)

http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html

Williams said that the mysterious black suitcase Cantu was found in was

reported stolen by another congregation member the same day Cantu disappeared.

"That suitcase was to go to the church for a rummage sale with some stuff in it and the person put it somewhere, either in the back of a car somewhere.
But anyway, when she came back out the suitcase was gone," Williams said.

chicago, I read Williams had a rummage sale the day after the child went missing, but the church did NOT!

---
This is really strange to me. Who knew that the suitcase was put into the car?
It seems to me that the murderer would have had to know about the suitcase.

IMO, the murderer would not have killed Cantu and then walked around the Mobile Home Park
looking for something to hide her in and coincidentally found a suitcase just sitting in a car waiting to be found just when a little girl needed to be hidden and disposed of in an irrigation pond.

I'm just not buying it.
Whoever took the little girl knew exactly where to find the suitcase and did not have to look very far for a way to hide Cantu....

lonetraveler, Bingo!!!

Did you hear:
It was said on the local news a few minutes ago that the KIA Suv may be involved in the crime. The owner of the vehicle is the grand daughter of the Pastor. ...Channel 2 San Francisco.

I am not in Tracy but about 30 or so miles away.
I have a close friend located about 5 Miles from the Orchard Estates mobile park. This case has REALLY shocked all of us in the S.F. bay are...
I wanted to share some facts about the church that were given to me from my friend in Tracy. I am not sure if any of this has been discussed..but here it goes :)
The Clover Road baptist Church is located Directly by 205, and is visible from the freeway. She said she has passed it several times and said you would NOT assume it was a church if it wasn't for the sign. Another interesting tidbit she shared, Fridays tends to be the worst day for traffic on 205. Stop and go if not stopped altogether. Apparently while in Traffic, if you are stopped you have a nice view of the church.. would be interesting to know if anyone did see people coming and going on the day of Sandra's disappearance.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tracy&state=CA&address=11000+West+Clover+Road

. While she was doing research on all of this (not a websleuther but should be) she found this http://svng.com/tracy/
Not sure if this website has been seen/found by anyone else on this site.

I have a close friend located about 5 Miles from the Orchard Estates mobile park. This case has REALLY shocked all of us in the S.F. bay are...
I wanted to share some facts about the church that were given to me from my friend in Tracy. I am not sure if any of this has been discussed..but here it goes :)
The Clover Road baptist Church is located Directly by 205, and is visible from the freeway. She said she has passed it several times and said you would NOT assume it was a church if it wasn't for the sign. Another interesting tidbit she shared, Fridays tends to be the worst day for traffic on 205. Stop and go if not stopped altogether. Apparently while in Traffic, if you are stopped you have a nice view of the church.. would be interesting to know if anyone did see people coming and going on the day of Sandra's disappearance.

. While she was doing research on all of this (not a websleuther but should be) she found this http://svng.com/tracy/
Welcome Bee to WS. You're probably around me...

Thanks for the information about the traffic. I don't believe it was posted before that it was stop and go with a view of the church. That is awesome news, and I pray some of those drivers call LE and report what they saw!

About the website, I've been meaning to go looking for a post from the individual who runs it so we could bring it into this thread...so thanks for giving me the push! :) It was originally posted back in the General Discussion Thread #6, before we got to "stretch our legs" here. (Thanks, mods!!!)

FWIW, she is a new WS member, this is her only post, and Admin has not verified who she claims to be. However, no one disagreed with her claim when she posted, and her post seems sincere and consistent with the tone of the website. (I read a bit on the website and they ask people to "Speak the truth in love" and they seem to be about healing the offended rather than bashing the offending.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3568392&postcount=295

Below is the content of that post (sorry, I couldn't figure out how to quote two different posts so I just copied hers):

Clover Road Baptist Church
Hi, everyone...

I'm new here. I'm the moderator of a site called www.sgmsurvivors.com, and I noticed that today we have received a number of hits from this board. A user posted information that linked Clover Road Baptist Church to the organization called Sovereign Grace Ministries that is the subject of the site that I moderate.

I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has already come up, but I just want to clarify that Clover Road Baptist Church has no connection to Sovereign Grace Ministries. Yes, Clover Road did at one point merge with another congregation that had "Sovereign Grace" in its name, but there has never been any affiliation between those churches and SGM.

I realize that this is probably old news and not a big deal, but I thought I'd post this info in case anyone was still under the impression that the issues discussed over at sgmsurvivors (our site) would have any relation to the investigation of Clover Road Baptist Church. They don't.

Thanks, and blessings to all. My heart is sad over the loss of Sandra!

Exactly! I live in Sacramento, and oftentimes drive through Tracy on my way to visit my parents in the South Bay. In fact, we just drove down here on Tuesday and satisfied my thought that yes, it is right off the freeway, you can see the church and even the side of the MHP while on 205. I about lost my lunch driving by there. And, that traffic can be horrendous at that hour, it would seem like someone would not be too afraid of being caught with so many eyes around. Maybe tomorrow when we drive home I'll see if you can see the shed from the highway.

I thought I had read here somewhere that she had to have been "stored" for a few days because the irrigation pond would not have been filled yet.
I was thinking she was put in the crawl space for awhile.
Poor baby girl this su**s to type!!! :mad: :furious:

Hi Ilovemew, I read in a post here they did have bloodhounds out the first day. We did not hear if they alerted, so have to assume they didn't. Usually that kind of info does come out even in a tight lipped case. Now they could have alerted, and I know I shouldn't assume they didn't.

BUT it leads me to believe Sandra was not anywhere on dry land for the amount of time it would take the death scent to ripen to where a sniffer dog would alert.

To me that says she was in the water within 1 1/2 to 2 hours after she died. Pat Brown said today she thinks Sandra was killed fast, like within 1 hour or so. The killer knew she could ID him and so think it had to be premeditated with disposal already thought out, bag already in his car when he enticed her into his car.

Pat said he panicked when she died as he now had to dispose of her. I think she is right and he moved with lightening speed. And IMO by the time the call went to LE that she was missing, I am feeling so strong that she was already in the water. xox

Exactly! I live in Sacramento, and oftentimes drive through Tracy on my way to visit my parents in the South Bay. In fact, we just drove down here on Tuesday and satisfied my thought that yes, it is right off the freeway, you can see the church and even the side of the MHP while on 205. I about lost my lunch driving by there. And, that traffic can be horrendous at that hour, it would seem like someone would not be too afraid of being caught with so many eyes around. Maybe tomorrow when we drive home I'll see if you can see the shed from the highway.

That was my thought exactly! Especially on a Friday between 4 and 7pm it would be pretty stop and go. Last time I made that commute it was all STOP!!!
you can VERY easily see the church from the freeway, and if your like me you would be looking at it while the traffic wasn't moving. Since all we can do is speculate as to WHAT exactly LE thinks happened there...in my mind it would be a VERY central/highly visible area to try to be "sneaking" around during daylight or commute hours!
That's my opinion...

Thanks from those of us who are not in the area.

O/T, Do you travel the same route Scott Peterson did when he drove to the Berkeley Marina? I would be thinking about Laci and Connor too! xox

Thanks from those of us who are not in the area.

O/T, Do you travel the same route Scott Peterson did when he drove to the Berkeley Marina? I would be thinking about Laci and Connor too! xox
Scandi, yes, Scott would have taken 205 from Modesto through Tracy to 580 up to 80 in Berkeley.

Scandi, yes, Scott would have taken 205 from Modesto through Tracy to 580 up to 80 in Berkeley.

Thanks Linask, I had to give you this thanks personally after all we went thru in that case. xox

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back