2011.04.12 Adam Baker Arrested

Since Adam is out of jail, media will continue to report and snoop around. Maybe a young investigative reporter will find a missing link. Of course, I am remembering Woodward and Bernstein.

Zahra Baker's father is out of jail, but what now?

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14485061

Maybe he should have stayed in jail? I know its not all that nice there, but he would have all his needs provided for, and his family would have some relief from the financial stress, maybe gather some resources from those willing to donate to his cause. He can plead guilty ASAP on his charges and get them dealt with, go home when thats done and come back if he is needed in the trial of Elisa Baker.

ITA - while I doubt jail is as comfy as home - Oh Well! he should have thought about that before he ran a car off the road, threatened people and committed financial crimes (not to mention the crimes committed against his daughter for which he has not YET been charged)...

There's more standing in his way of work than just his INS status. Lot's of people employ illegal aliens, those somehow involved in the demise of a 10 year old (even if by not acting to protect) - not so much. Then there is the pesky problem of AB being under surveillance - I have no sympathy for AB's troubles. He brought them on himself.

Just think how much money was spent on his bail, what a waste...

Maybe Mr Killian should put Adam up until he's cleared to be deported.

Zahra Baker's father is out of jail, but what now?

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14485061

Maybe he should have stayed in jail? I know its not all that nice there, but he would have all his needs provided for, and his family would have some relief from the financial stress, maybe gather some resources from those willing to donate to his cause. He can plead guilty ASAP on his charges and get them dealt with, go home when thats done and come back if he is needed in the trial of Elisa Baker.

..exactly, there's a short clip on the above WBTV link "Should Adam Baker Work?"

------ummm, NO.

The problem, according to his attorney, is how Baker will support himself.

"With his immigration status, he can't work and his family doesn't have many resources left to support him." Killian added that Baker has to "rely on the charity of others."

Killian said it could be a year of longer before Baker's charges are all resolved and he still has not heard if Baker will be needed in the trial of Elisa Baker.

That case may not get to a courtroom for years, said Killian. The attorney said he will explore all options.
"He needs to work and wants to work," Killian said.

..if he's in the U.S.A. illegally, and while out of jail isn't lawfully eligible TO work in the U.S. ------i say, too bad for adam baker.

..of course he needs $$'s and wants to work-----how boring can it be to do nothing but stare at the walls and play with the ankle monitor all day.

..oh well-----hindsight ! -----don't come into a country , and start breaking the laws of that country from practically the day you arrive.

..he does have the option, of removing the ankle monitor-----and going back to the jail , where he won't have to worry about "needing and wanting" to work-----he'll get his 3 'meals' a day---and the cot to sleep on---for Free.

..a look at adam back out of jail---looking rather 'smug' as usual.

adamonICEdetainer.jpg
....a look that may be wiped off his face as his Oz "resources" run out, along with the "charity of others"...

..i'm- not caring already.

first chance i've had to check the news on this case in over a week. And may i just say:

Woo-freakin-hooooo!

The downward spiral has begun, adam baker. And i'm going to savor every last minute of it! You can count on that!

me too!!

..exactly, there's a short clip on the above WBTV link "Should Adam Baker Work?"

------ummm, NO.

..if he's in the U.S.A. illegally, and while out of jail isn't lawfully eligible TO work in the U.S. ------i say, too bad for adam baker.

..of course he needs $$'s and wants to work-----how boring can it be to do nothing but stare at the walls and play with the ankle monitor all day.

..oh well-----hindsight ! -----don't come into a country , and start breaking the laws of that country from practically the day you arrive.

..he does have the option, of removing the ankle monitor-----and going back to the jail , where he won't have to worry about "needing and wanting" to work-----he'll get his 3 'meals' a day---and the cot to sleep on---for Free.

..a look at adam back out of jail---looking rather 'smug' as usual.

adamonICEdetainer.jpg
....a look that may be wiped off his face as his Oz "resources" run out, along with the "charity of others"...

..i'm- not caring already.

There are war veterans in our country who are homeless and this p.o.c. is worried about where he will live. Give him a cardboard box and point him in the direction of the woods.

There are war veterans in our country who are homeless and this p.o.c. is worried about where he will live. Give him a cardboard box and point him in the direction of the woods.

Amen! If he had any "charity" toward his daughter, maybe I'd have "charity" toward him.

My question is how were "they blindsided by these charges", unless AB has been less than honest with his attorney?
Another thing I wonder about is how he's going to afford an immigration attorney since we're now hearing that funds are getting low. The US does not provide attorneys for non-citizens with immigration issues.

My question is how were "they blindsided by these charges", unless AB has been less than honest with his attorney?
Another thing I wonder about is how he's going to afford an immigration attorney since we're now hearing that funds are getting low. The US does not provide attorneys for non-citizens with immigration issues.

Perhaps the Australian Embassy is helping him.

http://www.wordtravels.com/Cities/North+Carolina/Raleigh/Contacts

Will someone please check in on Adam Baker every once in awhile to make sure he is alive?

Oh wait never mind. He couldn't even do that for his daughter!

I thought it was unconscionable for Killian to put forth, what I think is a plea to charities to give money for Adam's living expenses. This plea has nothing to do with the law or Killian's job to defend Adam regarding specified charges, which are being paid for by NC citizens. To the best of my knowledge a court appointed attorney for the indigent defends the charges and said attorney is not responsible to fundraise money for the criminal. Yep, I am angry over Killian's comment!

If I was an American, I would be happy with my tax dollars helping to pay Adams room and board for a cold damp cell. As a Canadian, I would be willing to send down a contribution! He would probly get more outdoor time then his daughter did.

Will someone please check in on Adam Baker every once in awhile to make sure he is alive?

Well, we could have a guard peek in his cell once in awhile to see if the pillow is still plumped. :crazy:

I checked on him last night, Doc. Not wait...it was Wednesday. No no...it was Tuesday. It looked like he was there. SOMETHING was there...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back