TKS S1 E7: "Wasteland"

I disagree with the profiler's opinion regarding the bodies being too close to Montoya's house. John Wayne Gacy, Todd Kolhepp, Dorothea Puente, Anthony Sowell, Jeff Dahmer, and Ed Gein are just a few off the top of my head who killed and kept the bodies in their yards or homes. H.H. Holmes back in the eighteen hundreds kept bodies in his home I believe.

Was so glad to see this. I'm watching this episode on demand at the moment and was practically yelling at the tv. It might not be the norm but it's not unheard of.

I disagree with the profiler's opinion regarding the bodies being too close to Montoya's house. John Wayne Gacy, Todd Kolhepp, Dorothea Puente, Anthony Sowell, Jeff Dahmer, and Ed Gein are just a few off the top of my head who killed and kept the bodies in their yards or homes. H.H. Holmes back in the eighteen hundreds kept bodies in his home I believe.

OMG...yes. My husband and I were yelling at the TV......I mean DUH.

APO said they told the girls they killed those found to scare them and keep them off the streets..as a strategy..

-Nin

As a former police officer/investigator I do not buy this for one second....its ridiculous, in my opinion. If they DID use that tactic, its pretty stupid.

When "The Seeker" said "Some of the scariest people I know are LE and ex LE", I was suddenly reminded of two things: A psychiatrist who once laughed at me when I said I thought cops were probably trustworthy; and a nun I used to work with who once said that those who carry a gun for a living are often making up for insecurities about the size of their penis (yes, she said that). Overall, these two things make me think it makes sense that a LE person could be involved.

That psychiatrist and nun are correct. I wish I could explain my experiences with "bad cops", but I just can't here......trust me. One in particular makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He is retired now, but I (and others) would not be surprised if he hasn't killed for fun. Actually, two that I know of would fit in that category.

Christine Barber, who runs the non-profit organization called Street Safe New Mexico, was a guest on Tricia's Websleuths radio show tonight with Josh and Rachel. Take a look at this Bad Guy List the group has compiled. Chilling, to say the least.

Albuquerque is my hometown, born and raised. I moved away 17 years ago, and have never been more glad of it. It's a cesspool. I wish I could get my parents and sister to leave.

My parents are roughly 4 miles from the location all the bodies were found, and my sister is in the subdivision across the street from the location. She had nightmares for months about digging a hole to plant a tree and finding a body.

Albuquerque is my hometown, born and raised. I moved away 17 years ago, and have never been more glad of it. It's a cesspool. I wish I could get my parents and sister to leave.

My parents are roughly 4 miles from the location all the bodies were found, and my sister is in the subdivision across the street from the location. She had nightmares for months about digging a hole to plant a tree and finding a body.

I have never been there, but have heard enough to keep me out. My cousin moved there once when her kids were little. She was in the laundry room of her apartment complex and some guy dressed in drag grabbed her son-who was two at the time-luckily she was able to grab his other arm (her son's) quickly and after tugging on him for a second, the guy let go and ran. Crazy. Needless to say, they moved back home!

That psychiatrist and nun are correct. I wish I could explain my experiences with "bad cops", but I just can't here......trust me. One in particular makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He is retired now, but I (and others) would not be surprised if he hasn't killed for fun. Actually, two that I know of would fit in that category.
I too have had personal experiences with " bad cops "
They're out there😔

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh growing up in detroit I met more bad then good. When we moved away I saw a difference in LE. My parents had a hard time explaining that to a kid. How do you explain how different cities have different LE

Oh growing up in detroit I met more bad then good. When we moved away I saw a difference in LE. My parents had a hard time explaining that to a kid. How do you explain how different cities have different LE
I say cops are human
Humane beings lie, cheat. ..they make bad choices and good choices.
If that makes sense..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As a former police officer/investigator I do not buy this for one second....its ridiculous, in my opinion. If they DID use that tactic, its pretty stupid.
Seeker,if it's a cop or cops behind this what better why to confuse anyone looking into this then to say: "Yeah,we made that claim but it was just a tactic,nothing to see here.Just normal Vice Squad standard operating procedure"

I thought I posted this already (maybe i did in a different thread). But did everyone else literally shout FFS when APD refused to dig up a potential grave? Sod the money, that could have been a family who got closure. It was a disgrace.

I'm inclinded to believe the cartel theory. For me too many bodies at one dump site, more likely to be execution and dump. Was it ever determined if there was any sexual assault prior to death?

If they were snatched in pairs, its plausible that one was held as hostage while the other was a mule on the hope both would be set free. It'd explain the torture on some of the victims.

Peters theory on SK dump site too close to Montoya's house. Could it have been he meant if they had a dump site outside their own property, it's usually over 5 miles from where they live? I'm sure he's acutely aware of the backyard SK. Two to spring to mind straight away in the UK are Fred West and Peter Tobin, there will be several others too. I think he meant if a dump site is away from the property or kill sites.

The mistake so many make is to apply rational thinking to a serial killer. They may have above average IQs but rational thinking is not necessarily the same thing.

Albuquerque has a huge meth problem and is at a crossroad for meth smuggling out of Mexico. When they interviewed the cop that was suspected by the local women, the officer stated he believed it was 60% drugs and 40% killing. This wasn't about totals in my opinion but why the women were killed in general. The group likes killing women but more importantly the women crossed the group/cartel somehow.

A victim's mother stated that she picked her daughter up in Arizona from an arrest and on the way home the victim stated she couldn't believe they didn't find what was in the gas tank. A common mode of smuggling. If she lost that load the cartel would be pissed. It would be interesting to see if anyone else was in that car with her and if they are alive.

Was so glad to see this. I'm watching this episode on demand at the moment and was practically yelling at the tv. It might not be the norm but it's not unheard of.

Me too. And I was waiting for someone to correct this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else notice the cop they questioned said " that's what we told them but who knew that's what was going Did he just admit he knew that was going on??

He also said "who knew thats what was really happening" he kinda just admitted to knowledge of the police committing these crimes against the women.

I was so frustrated with the police wouldn't dig up the ground when there was obviously SOMETHING there. I hope the pressure is on them thanks to the show to do better!

After I watched this episode, which was very good, I started reading blogs and reading little things family members had said, and I'm almost 100% certain these women were killed by Drug Dealers. There is no Serial Killer. There is no Rogue Cop. It was probably a ruthless Mexican Cartel that wanted to send a message "Don't Mess with Us." Lots of people knew these women were dead and were buried on the West Mesa. Somebody wanted them to know. If it were a Serial Killer, probably nobody would of known. However, many people seemed know there were women getting killed and being buried there, including some women that died. Probably, Drug Dealers spread the rumors.

Also, trying to blackmail the family, would be something Drug Dealers would do. Cutting off breasts and stuff like that is what Mexican Cartels do. Yes, serial killers do this to but it's sort of drug cartels calling card. They want to people to know they mean business and that they are there. Also, these women were killed by more than one person.

Now saying it is Serial Killer helps scare women off the streets and lets cops off the hook, because one of the suspects who probably was a Serial Killer died around the time the killing stopped. It's also more salacious. Saying a Cop killed the women is just a way to hurt the cops because people don't like cops. But this is pretty obvious.

After I watched this episode, which was very good, I started reading blogs and reading little things family members had said, and I'm almost 100% certain these women were killed by Drug Dealers. There is no Serial Killer. There is no Rogue Cop. It was probably a ruthless Mexican Cartel that wanted to send a message "Don't Mess with Us." Lots of people knew these women were dead and were buried on the West Mesa. Somebody wanted them to know. If it were a Serial Killer, probably nobody would of known. However, many people seemed know there were women getting killed and being buried there, including some women that died. Probably, Drug Dealers spread the rumors.

Also, trying to blackmail the family, would be something Drug Dealers would do. Cutting off breasts and stuff like that is what Mexican Cartels do. Yes, serial killers do this to but it's sort of drug cartels calling card. They want to people to know they mean business and that they are there. Also, these women were killed by more than one person.

Now saying it is Serial Killer helps scare women off the streets and lets cops off the hook, because one of the suspects who probably was a Serial Killer died around the time the killing stopped. It's also more salacious. Saying a Cop killed the women is just a way to hurt the cops because people don't like cops. But this is pretty obvious.
I respect good cops.
I don't like corrupt cops.

You're almost 100% certain? That's very interesting.
I disagree.

I respect good cops.
I don't like corrupt cops.

You're almost 100% certain? That's very interesting.
I disagree.

Glad you find that interesting.

There so many tidbits of information:
1. When Julie Nieto was lkilled her sister called home and said "they killed her, they killed her." Both her and her sister had been threatened. They knew they were in danger and from who. Now they are both dead.
2. Michelle Valdez was smuggling drugs for people.
3. Cinnamon would go on trips to places... she was probably smuggling drugs too
4. One of the women was just flat out a drug dealer.

Bah, these women were prostitutes and drugs ruled their lives. Their involvement in selling and smuggling drugs was probably worse than suspected. They started dying when Mexico was trying to take over the drug trade in that city.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back