UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my rant.

In my opinion, SS is completely responsible. She could have prevented ALL of it. And she didn't stop it. This went on for DAYS! This wasn't one incident when she wasn't home. It went on and on. The details of what transpired are completely devastating and incomprehensible! I will be haunted for the rest of my life over what happened to poor Ethan. So yes, she should be charged with murder. In my opinion that is not even enough. There is nothing that can be done to take back what happened. NOTHING. This can never be righted. A poor man lost his beloved son. When I think of what Ethan went through... I can't even deal with the thoughts. And nothing can be done to take it all away. Nothing.

Rest in peace, little Ethan. There just aren't any words.

Agree with you 100%.

I was afraid to fall asleep last night because this case was on my mind...Not sure I can ever erase the details from my head. I cannot even begin to fathom what Joe and his family are going through.

I just keep thinking about how the DA said that we can't take what was in the pc statements as fact, I think what happened to Ethan is so much worse than what we had previously thought.

Well, I'm here for the long haul. I'll wait a year, two years, ten years to see justice served for this little boy (though I don't think it'll take that long).

Yes, a separate forum for Ethan would be great. Anything for him would be great.

I see Ethan's fund is only accepting checks right now. I'll hold out until a Paypal account is set up. They may see a huge jump in donations when they're able to accept payments online.

And for those of you with close contacts with the family...when the memorial/funeral details are established, please share what info you can. Though a lot of us couldn't be there, I'm sure some of us would still like to send flowers or other personal memorials. Thanks in advanced.

Agree with you 100%.

I was afraid to fall asleep last night because this case was on my mind...Not sure I can ever erase the details from my head. I cannot even begin to fathom what Joe and his family are going through.

I didn't sleep well either. I dreamt two of my girls had passed, and I was trying to come to terms to the fact they were gone and life would continue without them.

No doubt, this is Ethan's dad's reality right now. I hope his heart can bear the burden.

I wonder what came out of LE's reinterview with Nathan and Stephanie. Was that yesterday?

Perps usually downplay events and their involvement. I can only imagine what really happened in comparison to what is in the Probable Cause Statements.

I didn't sleep well either. I dreamt two of my girls had passed, and I was trying to come to terms to the fact they were gone and life would continue without them.

No doubt, this is Ethan's dad's reality right now. I hope his heart can bear the burden.

That's awful - not a dream but more a nightmare! This case is getting to all of us - not often we are given the details of torture and so much more to come yet. This mom is really sick and imo probably orchestrated most of this. moo

Yes, She called to see if he had one; if not she offered hers. Very touching.

Touching, yes. Rational or helpful? No. I can't imagine Joe Stacy wanting to see his child buried in Utah, a place where Ethan had only lived for a few days before being murdered.

I think we all need to remember that the more we interrupt the prosecutors, detectives and ME, the more time it takes away from their job: investigating and charging these monsters with murder.

They know what they have to do, and are going to charge these slime with the highest possible charges. They were very clear in the press conference, that they'd received many many communitions.

IMO, I think we should trust them to do their job without our "help".

Before I forget, I read somewhere that the Layton McDonalds employees left a Happy Meal for him at the memorial site. Yep, had me bawling again when I read that.

Ailina,

I just sent a couple of text messages out for and address request from the family, will post when I get it.

Touching, yes. Rational or helpful? No. I can't imagine Joe Stacy wanting to see his child buried in Utah, a place where Ethan had only lived for a few days before being murdered.

I think we all need to remember that the more we interrupt the prosecutors, detectives and ME, the more time it takes away from their job: investigating and charging these monsters with murder.

They know what they have to do, and are going to charge these slime with the highest possible charges. They were very clear in the press conference, that they'd received many many communitions.

IMO, I think we should trust them to do their job without our "help".

We own several plots in VA, I would offer one, but our place there is far north of where Joe lives, don't think it would be much of a help either.

Sounds like Little Ethan has the best of the best to bring justice to him. More children need prosecuters like this one working on their case. This guy isn't messing around.
Sweet little boy Ethan, you will have peace!!!

OMG---I somehow have not heard of this one and only read the first and last page of this thread. I'm speechless....and horrified. And as I always say in these freaking cases that make want to choke someone...at least he isn't suffering anymore..no more abuse for Ethan. That's always the best and only good thing I see out of them. What sick people we have in this world.

Before I forget, I read somewhere that the Layton McDonalds employees left a Happy Meal for him at the memorial site. Yep, had me bawling again when I read that.

I always feel like the biggest party pooper around, but I think that was some serious bad judgment.

Why? If it really was a "happy meal" with food inside, all the local stray cats, dogs, and mice would be attracted to that memorial and scavenge through it.

Then, the apartment management (who aren't very happy about all the publicity), will have an excuse to remove everything.

One thing I wanted to add…. although I am sick that Stephanie documented
the abuse using her cell phone… I also want to tell her THANK YOU! That may
just be the evidence that will bring them both to justice and prove to a jury
that he did in fact die from their abuse and may be just what a jury needs to
see to vote for their death!

PRESSER RECAP

David Cole (assisting the prosecutor) speaking now.

Offering condolences to Ethans family, and thanks to the public.

Says they're concerned for the privacy of Ethans family and memory.

Prosecutor Troy Rawlings speaking now. Says it's the intent of the Davis Co. Prosecutor office to seek the highest charges they can.

Stephanie and Nathan being held without bail while the investigation continues.

Troy Rawlings says their is evidence of Ethans abuse, and that abuse caused the death of Ethan.

There were over 50 officers from various agencies involved with this case.

The medical examiners office is a key component of this case.

Commends the Layton PD for responding quickly and acting professionally.

Prosecutor going on and on about how professional Layton PD and PD Chief acted.

Says things are being processed to determine how accurate the documents are now, but says they were accurate at the time.

Says the documents were held for a few hours before being released because the police chief wanted to tell Ethans father the information first.

Charges today were NOT formally filed. They intend to file with the second district court once the evidence they need is obtained, submitted, and processed.

Nathan and Stephanie will BOTH be charged with aggravated murder, child abuse, descreation of a corpse and obstruction of justice. Looking at 4 felonies.

Says Ethans father was appreciative that charges weren't filed today so that LE had time to get their ducks in a row.

Prosecutor says the bail status was changed this morning to be held without bail.

They are scheduled to be in court at 1pm today, and 1 or 1:30pm on May 28th.

Gathering evidence and waiting to file charges until they have enough evidence that a jury will all say guilty.

Financial records, computer records, audio and video recordings, photographs, etc. are all being looked at as evidence right now.

Medical examiners office says a complete autopsy will be available in "a couple of weeks".

Prosecutor is stressing that they are still gathering evidence, and that's why they haven't filed.

Says public outpour has been tremendous. Offering burial plots, trust funds, etc. Public greatly wants to help Ethan Stacy and his family.

Says they know that Stephanie and Nathan are still presumed as innocent.

UT has a crime victims bill of rights, and defendants may need more time for evidence, expert witnesses, etc.

Justice will not happen overnight.

Under Rule 3.6 prosecutors cannot comment about the facts of the case due to the fact that the defendants are entitled to a fair trial.

Taking time for reporters questions...

Reporter asking if they will have a hard time establishing aggravated murder charge. Prosecutor says if they can't justify it, they won't file it.

Reporter asking if they feel Stephanie is just as responsible as Nathan. Prosecutor says there is a "massive information of evidence above and beyond the statements" that Stephanie is just as responsible.

Reporter asking about motive. Prosecutor declined to comment.

Reporter asking about a fair trial in Davis County due to media attention. Prosecutor says he's not worried about it.

Reporter asking about where Ethans body is. Prosecutor said Ethans body is still at ME office.

Says it could be around the 25th-28th of May before a cause of death is released.

ME Office is "being careful and thoughtful".

Prosecution says they know a lot more than the documents.

Says bail is being changed several times due to more and more evidence coming in.

Prosecutor doesn't know whether Nathan and Stephanie have showed any remorse, or what section of the jail (ie-isolation) that they're in.

im so happy to see they are both being charged with poor Ethans murder, hell is too good for them, RIP sweet baby boy, made me sick as to what they have done to this child:furious:

I always feel like the biggest party pooper around, but I think that was some serious bad judgment.

Why? If it really was a "happy meal" with food inside, all the local stray cats, dogs, and mice would be attracted to that memorial and scavenge through it.

Then, the apartment management (who aren't very happy about all the publicity), will have an excuse to remove everything.

You're not a party pooper, laytonian. You're just being practical.

Honestly, I don't think it will be a problem if that "perishable" item is removed at the end of the day. (Hoping someone thinks to remove it when evening arrives.)

One thing I wanted to add…. although I am sick that Stephanie documented
the abuse using her cell phone… I also want to tell her THANK YOU! That may
just be the evidence that will bring them both to justice and prove to a jury
that he did in fact die from their abuse and may be just what a jury needs to
see to vote for their death!

No doubt those pics will have significant impact on a jury. Hope Stephanie got pics of the little guy after Nate smashed his teeth and face with a hammer and the lighter fluid burning. Let's not forget Steph bought that lighter fluid along with her slurpies. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie