WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, and never mind little boys in public mens restrooms before they are taught not to try and pick up the urinal cake. :gasp:

LOL!!! I went thru potty training my son and the public bathroom horrors. I taught him one simple rule when in a public bathroom "Don't touch anything but yourself". My SIL thought that was a great rule and during our big, family Thanksgiving dinner asked him to tell everyone what you should do in a public bathroom. My son (age 2) proudly replied " You should touch yourself!". We almost died laughing.:floorlaugh:

In every case, when you apply for a green card for your spouse, be advised that the permanent residency for your spouse will be conditional for two years. Within 90 days of your second wedding anniversary, you and your spouse must apply to the USCIS to have the permanent residency become permanent.

from here:
http://www.uscitizenship.info/blog/us-citizenship-and-marriage

When a person receives a green card based on a marriage that is less than 2 years old when the person becomes a permanent resident, then the resident status is Conditional for two years. At the end of the two years, the resident status expires unless a petition to remove the condition is approved by the BCIS.

The petition to remove the condition is signed by both the husband and the wife. It is possible for a divorced spouse to sign the petition alone and then have the condition removed if it is proved that the marriage was genuine and not a sham.

The BCIS will consider a petition which is signed by the conditional resident alone only if the marriage has ended (usually by divorce)...in other words, a separated couple cannot have the condition removed unless both sign the petition or they end the marriage.

So now we know why he stayed with this very strange woman despite the conditions that he says that he was forced to live under by her. Truthfully though, given that he was raised in Pakistan and still a citizen there and considering the condition of women's rights in Pakistan and the way that females are still looked down on in that country I would think that it would be far more difficult for him to live under the conditions that he claims to have been living under than he is trying to make it sound.

I just think that we still don't have the whole story here. IMO there is a reason why Sky, the male child, the traditionally more valued child in Pakistan, is missing and the girl child is right where she is supposed to be.

It's very strange to me that she has said nothing at all in her own defense.

As far as the sugar baby thing goes they don't have proof that she is the one that set it up.
Mr Wade said the page was created by someone using a Washington state Internet account, but because it was free there were no payment details or no real way to verify who it set it up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Sugar-Daddy-dating-website.html#ixzz1dneFU9Iq

I wonder how LE found out about it, if it was on her PC and if anyone else had access to her PC. The hinky meter is off the charts here but some of it seems just way too obvious and maybe too convenient.

UGH, the Shaniya Davis case comes to mind. We also had a lady in the Detroit metro area arrested not long ago for a similar thing.

Just disgusting....

Makes me want to pistol whip these egg donors and demand they surrender their uterus!

So now we know why he stayed with this very strange woman despite the conditions that he says that he was forced to live under by her. Truthfully though, given that he was raised in Pakistan and still a citizen there and considering the condition of women's rights in Pakistan and the way that females are still looked down on in that country I would think that it would be far more difficult for him to live under the conditions that he claims to have been living under than he is trying to make it sound.

I just think that we still don't have the whole story here. IMO there is a reason why Sky, the male child, the traditionally more valued child in Pakistan, is missing and the girl child is right where she is supposed to be.

It's very strange to me that she has said nothing at all in her own defense.

As far as the sugar baby thing goes they don't have proof that she is the one that set it up.

I wonder how LE found out about it, if it was on her PC and if anyone else had access to her PC. The hinky meter is off the charts here but some of it seems just way too obvious and maybe too convenient.

IIRC, LE did take her PC/laptop from the apt. for processing.

I'll do my best to transcribe, but there is a HUGE line of storms about to hit here; I don't know if my power or internet will withstand it. Eeeks!

Ugghhh!! Stay safe!

DAy 10 in Sky's disappearance. Have now recd 1100 tips. Thank everyone for that. Reminder to not assume that their evidence is not relevant.

Talking about additional resources. Thanking the FBI. Continuing to utilize their behavioral unit. Utilizing FBI CARD team. Can't talk about the info. they have given them, but it has been very helpful.

http://babyproducts.about.com/od/carseats/a/carseatcoat.htm

I found this from the above link:

Check All Winter Coats for Car Seat Safety

It's easy to check and see whether a baby's winter coat or infant snowsuit is too thick to be safe in a car seat. This test will show you how thick the coat is and how much the coat will compress during a crash.
  1. Take the car seat into the house.
  2. Put the winter coat or snowsuit on the child.
  3. Put the child in the car seat and buckle the harnesses as you normally would before car travel. Adjust the straps to the appropriate fit for your child.
  4. Take the child out of the car seat without loosening the straps at all.
  5. Take the coat off your child.
  6. Put the child back in the car seat and buckle the harnesses again, but do not tighten the straps.
  7. If you can fit more than two fingers under the harness at the child's shoulder bone, the coat is too thick and is not safe for use with the car seat.
I never had a super thick coat for my son when he was an infant or toddler. I always adjusted the straps so the coat was already compressed at the shoulder bone. But then again, we never had an accident either.

I was unaware of this and am going to make sure my sister, who has the only child in the family still in a child safety seat is aware of this info.

ETA: Whoops. I just noticed the above information is for children age 3 mo's to 12 mo's.

still reading for older children Sky's age.

ETAA: The above recommendation is only listed for children age 3 mo's to 12 mo's.

Here you go - some good sites:

www.safekids.org
www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2038785
(this last one has pictures of the space left when the jacket is removed from under the straps)

It appears they may not know exactly where she is . ..

yeah surfie... and one reporter the other day said that some of Julia's family have come forward and don't want it known they are working with police....

Wondering out loud here - we know that Julia had a love/hate relationship with her mother. Her dad and mom are likely divorced since her mom is here in the US and he is not. Could Mom also have some OCD issues? Could she have "taught" Julia how to coach her children? Could Julia deep down resent her mother and have little respect for her because of her past behavior?

Sometimes things are passed from generation to generation.

Dang it - I can't get the viedo to play it just plays the commercial then goes stupid on me!

Did detectives go to Belletown where her brother lives? He won't answer. Will jeapordize investigation.

Have they talked to transients in the area? Absolutely, yes. They have talked to a lot of people.

Reward? He remembers seeing 1000.00 reward, he thinks, from Crimestoppers. He's not sure if that's still the case.

Talking about the Sugar Daddy site. They are using all traditional investigating techniques. He will not talk about how/what/when they are doing in regard to this.

Switched from missing to criminal? No. Still have yet to cross out all viable options. All are still on the table.

Saw just a portion of the news presser, and now all I get is the circle going round and round! UGGGHHHH!! They have THE WORST feed ever!

Wondering out loud here - we know that Julia had a love/hate relationship with her mother. Her dad and mom are likely divorced since her mom is here in the US and he is not. Could Mom also have some OCD issues? Could she have "taught" Julia how to coach her children? Could Julia deep down resent her mother and have little respect for her because of her past behavior?

Sometimes things are passed from generation to generation.

Are you sure her father is not in the US?

The following link has historical weather data and has an hour by hour graph of the temperature on the day Sky went missing.

At 7:30am Sunday November 6, the temp in Bellevue was right at 30 F, -1 C. At 9am it appears to be right about 32 F, O C. At 10am 35 F and 2 C.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ellevue&req_state=WA&req_statename=Washington

And we're to believe she brought a child ill enough to be taken to the hospital at those temperatures in just a hoodie? At these temperatures?

Yes, it is a pita to adjust the straps in a car seat to accomodate a winter coat, but freezing weather calls for more than just a hoodie and a blanket that could easily fall off or be kicked off by a 2 yr old in the back seat when mom is driving.

After seeing these temperatures and what mom claimed Sky was wearing that morning, I really wonder about that being the first photo she found while looking through her hundreds of pictures for one of her son. AND if she really had a second outfit in the size he was currently wearing if she simply disposed of the outfit so it wouldn't be found on a search in her home.

JMO

OT - It is not recommended to put a child in a winter coat in a car seat. The thickness of the coat keeps the straps from staying tight and secure around the child's shoulders. It is recommended that the child is covered with something warm, like a blanket, after they have been strapped in.

http://www.car-safety.org/faq.html#Q57

That being said, I don't believe that JB had any of this in mind when she strapped him in, it's obvious that his safety was not her top priority. I just wanted to put the info out there. I also agree with you Cubby that I don't necessarily believe that was what little Sky was wearing and she easily could have just grabbed any photo. I say this because I honestly don't think she would do anything to help this investigation.

He won't disclose what they have found on social media sites. He won't talk about specifics of the social media sites.

How can all theories still be on teh table after 10 days? It comes back to evidence. They have sufficient resources. The evidence hasn't directly pointed in one specific way.

Key accomplishments from days 1-10. He will answer that later; wants to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Haven't processed all 1100 tips. Those processed haven't been really helpful in the investigation.

How long has it been since talked to Julia? Initially, it was couple of hours with an attorney on the 6th. Since then have reached out to her attorney but to no avail.

Sky's passport? He does not want to talk specifically about these things. "We know what we need to know."

Investigators are spending a lot of time hashing out the timeline. That's a big part of the investigation.

Where is the sense of urgency? "We feel it too. That is why we have spared no expense or resources."

The people closest to Julia is a very important part of this. They are working on that.

For future reference, I was able to watch the last of the presser here:
http://www.komonews.com/live

King's website never works for me! :)

Thanks Surfie for posting.

The thing I found interesting is that he has not spoken with Julia even through her attorney since the 6th. Wow!!

I wonder why they just do not arrest her now and charge her with child endangerment for admittingly leaving Sky in the car - and possibly for leaving the children alone for long periods of time. This would ensure that she would not run. And, it may possibly isolate her even more (especially from mommy dearest). ANYTHING to find out where this precious baby is!! Where is Sky??

OT - It is not recommended to put a child in a winter coat in a car seat. The thickness of the coat keeps the straps from staying tight and secure around the child's shoulders. It is recommended that the child is covered with something warm, like a blanket, after they have been strapped in.

http://www.car-safety.org/faq.html#Q57

That being said, I don't believe that JB had any of this in mind when she strapped him in, it's obvious that his safety was not her top priority. I just wanted to put the info out there. I also agree with you Cubby that I don't necessarily believe that was what little Sky was wearing and she easily could have just grabbed any photo. I say this because I honestly don't think she would do anything to help this investigation.

I should have kept reading, don't mean to beat a dead horse. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member