Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SeaNymph and I noticed it was a tip that lead the searchers to this area where her possible remains were found. Wonder if the same person is giving LE these tips

Hi guys - know it has been a while since I have posted but I check in from time to time. Thought I would share this since it came up last year with the arrests in McClellanville, the case of the missing girl from Andrews, Crystal Soles, and the similarities to Brittanee's disappearance. They think her remains have been found. Admittedly my first thought was Brittanee, as Crystal's case hasnt ever garnered as much attention, but if it is Crystal I am glad her family can finally rest knowing.

I will go look to see if she has a thread here and update it also.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...or-missing-woman-find-skeletal-re-ar-1529160/

^BBM - lets hope with CUE involvement in the area and people talking, even about this case almost 6 yrs later, something can come of Brittanee's case. Personally, I'm still not completely convinced there is no connection, or at the very least 'friends of friends'.

thank you so much for the info, sea. very valuable.

Sea Nymph, Thanks so much for posting this info. Prayers to the Soles family while they wait for the remains to be identified. I wonder how long it will take for Identification?

As sad as this news is, it gives me hope that our Brittanee will one day be found. I am somewhat amazed that skeleton remains were still there after all the time that has passed.

Where is Brittanee? I'll never give up hope until she is found...

wm

My family and I are vacationing in Myrtle Beach this coming August. It will be our first time at this beach, we usually go to Ocean City Maryland. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking about my two teenage daughters going with us on the trip and the disappearance of Brittanee. I am going to make sure I keep good tabs on them when I let them on their own (they will be together of course) This day and age it is so scary compared to 20 years ago when I was a teenager.

I hope that by time we head to Myrtle Beach, Brittanee is found. It's been too long, the family needs answers and/or closure.

Hi guys - know it has been a while since I have posted but I check in from time to time. Thought I would share this since it came up last year with the arrests in McClellanville, the case of the missing girl from Andrews, Crystal Soles, and the similarities to Brittanee's disappearance. They think her remains have been found.

:eek::eek: I had no idea this would ever happen! Thank you for posting this.

Going to post more later... I just had to share this right away ---

Word around the watercooler is that the person who divulged the information leading to this discovery is ONE OF THE SAME PEOPLE who was arrested back in 1997 for the abduction/rape/murder of Shannon McCaughnehey... This particular person is currently incarcerated (in an unrelated case), which leads me to believe he may be providing this information in an effort to save his own butt... Oh well - whatever it takes...

It will be a beautiful day in South Carolina when the families of Crystal Soles, Shannon McCaughnehey, AND Brittanee Drexel may all find some answers, and some peace!

Talk to you all soon !

This news raises my hopes so much for Brittanee...Prayers to Crystal's family and Brittanee's as well.

I get chills when I remember going to Atlantic City with my family on summer vacations, way back when, and my sister and I used to wander the boardwalk at night, aged about 15 & 17, allegedly right in front of our hotel, but once we actually went to an apartment with some guys we met (I cringe to even think of it now.) And that was not the last insanely dangerous thing I did. It's sad to think that some girls can't get away with even one little lapse in judgement (and I don't mean Brittanee as I think she was tricked, if not out and out just kidnapped off of the street.)

I hope if she is deceased, which seems likely, she is still in a place where she is able to be found. It has to be beyond unbearable for her family and friends.

Agreed, Clu...I did some ridiculously dangerous things myself when younger and was saved more than once by someone a little older with much more common sense than myself, thank God...(different people who must have been guardian angels- and BTW I was saved once by the real Guardian Angels on a NYC subway).

Just wondering if Brittanee could be in this same area; and wondering if the same people did to both.

-- There's new hope in a six-year-old missing person case. Officials are examining remains found Wednesday in Williamsburg County, to see if they belong to a woman missing since January 2005.

The remains were discovered in a murky creek strewn with trash.

Police say there's a chance the remains could be those of Crystal Gail Soles of Andrews, who was 28 when she disappeared January 24, 2005.

New leads developed by Andrews Police Chief Jennifer Flowers brought police and an Horry County dive team to the creek off a little-used Williamsburg County road.

"For the last few weeks, things kind of came together and that location came out of some interviews with some people," Flowers said.

Flowers says she's made arrangements with an office in Charleston to identify the remains. That could take several weeks.

The police chief doesn't want to speculate on whether the remains found in the creek really are those of Crystal Gail Soles, but she says regardless of whether they are or not, her work on the case will continue.

"I just want to wait and see and get results and then we'll go from there. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop investigating or we're gonna stop searching."

Soles was last seen at Shaw's Corner Store in Andrews, about 8 miles from where the remains were found.

Flowers made solving the case a priority when she became chief last May, after a personal appeal from Crystal Soles' mother, who was at Wednesday's search.

"She's been good through this whole thing, she's never given up and she said through all the searches, she felt some kind of relief," Flowers said.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, NC aided in the search Wednesday. Center director Monica Caison says if the remains are found to be human, volunteers will go back to rework the area.

If you have any information about Crystal Soles, you're asked to call the 24-hour anonymous tip line at (910) 232-1687.

I dont know Rochstergirl, I'm eager to hear what mlatta has to say.

Now, IIRC and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, the case with Shannon McC (forgive my being unable to recall the spelling) involved a brother of the POI last year (dancing around naming names, but I think you all recall the incident) - is that correct? If - IF - this person in jail on other charges, who was possibly also associated with Shannon's case, is the one to give up this info, it certainly perks up my ears to that little crowd gallivanting up and down Hwy 17 in all directions. Friends of friends, at the very least is my suspicion. (To clarify, I am not suggesting the person who provided this information is the brother of that person last year.)

I know we dont have a firm ID but local reports here are all pointing in that direction. Amazing really if you think about it that anything would be found in that location considering the terrain, six years time, animal activity, etc. It looks pretty rural from the routes I could go on Google but it was only along Jumpin Run Rd. The only 'water' I see along that whole road is one pond tucked deep into some property, so I am assuming that could be the exact location. I did some more mapping but from the location she was supposedly last seen, Shaw's Corner Store, this was just a few miles west of that area. I would love to know exactly where she lived in regard to the store, what direction. I suspect she accepted a ride after her father could not pick her up. I understand he has struggled with that decision/incident since Day 1 - I hope a resolution to this could give the whole family some peace.

Now, IIRC and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, the case with Shannon McC (forgive my being unable to recall the spelling) involved a brother of the POI last year (dancing around naming names, but I think you all recall the incident) - is that correct? If - IF - this person in jail on other charges, who was possibly also associated with Shannon's case, is the one to give up this info, it certainly perks up my ears to that little crowd gallivanting up and down Hwy 17 in all directions. Friends of friends, at the very least is my suspicion. (To clarify, I am not suggesting the person who provided this information is the brother of that person last year.)

I know we dont have a firm ID but local reports here are all pointing in that direction. Amazing really if you think about it that anything would be found in that location considering the terrain, six years time, animal activity, etc. It looks pretty rural from the routes I could go on Google but it was only along Jumpin Run Rd. The only 'water' I see along that whole road is one pond tucked deep into some property, so I am assuming that could be the exact location. I did some more mapping but from the location she was supposedly last seen, Shaw's Corner Store, this was just a few miles west of that area. I would love to know exactly where she lived in regard to the store, what direction. I suspect she accepted a ride after her father could not pick her up. I understand he has struggled with that decision/incident since Day 1 - I hope a resolution to this could give the whole family some peace.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat to hear more from mlatta's watercooler chats!

IIRC, there is a person in Gtown county jail since last May on charges of rape or sexual assault. The person was involved in the botched Shannon M case several years ago along with ST's brother. I think the person in Gtown jail is HR but cannot remember off the top of my head if that is correct as I am recalling all this from memory.
This person HR lived close to Shannon and ran with the so called T gang. I am thinking he's the one talking.

I wish I had time to go back to the previous thread to find the correct links but am fortunately working today.:woohoo:

I will check in from time to time. Maybe someone has the links saved and can post them for a memory refresher as mine isn''t what it used to be.:innocent:

I sure hope LE is watching the rest of these POI's movements at this time!

Hang on Britt, we are one day closer to finding you!

wm

wm

No problem WM, you are backing up exactly kind of what is vaguely in my mind so I follow you and I'm not worried about chasing down links unless they are crucial or someone newer needs them to follow. I know most of us here were on the same page with all of that last year. I hope and pray all of this leads to much more.

(But wouldnt that be something? I've always had a sneaky feeling Crystal and Brittanee were connected somehow.)

CS lived on county line rd in between where she was (shaw's bar not store even tho papers say store a junk joint hang out for blks, about 50 ft down rd would be county line rd then about 6-7 miles give or take a mile is where this body/remains was found right off from my home,this body of water is man made creek/pond for farming,,odd thing i fine is ive road that dirt road many of times that creek/pond bes dried up,so im asking question is why its took 6 yrs for this body to be seen? something wrong with all this,,but just my MOO,,and CS dad has died ,he was very sick if im not wrong he had lung cancer was not able to keep running after cs ,listen this very sad,my heart goes out to GS but she knew how cs was,they tried help her but at times when you so mixed up on drugs hard control someone,,,my daughter went school with cs,we know this family real good,cs had great parents,but we cant control our kids once they leave home,,,in fact cs,dad and brother died since she went missing,,again,i truly do not feel this case has any thing to do with BD,
PS, in fact that hangout junk jointed dont even be open its just your druggis your salers hangout in front,,town of andrews knows all this,but nothing ever stops the drugs from passing,,our Cheif of police Ms Flowers is my dads niece,she was very close ties/friends with cs,its all about who u know,

Thanks, Rose. I had heard most of what you summarized about the place and her situation but not that her father had passed away.

It sounds like they may not have found a complete skeleton from one report I read. At first I wondered if there was a shallow grave or something. I know Ms. Flowers said if this turns out to be human they will go back and search more - that puzzles me to an extent.

But yeah, as far as the place itself, it's easy to be quick to say there are places like this all over the south, but truth is they are in every city/town. I didnt want to go too deep into what kind of place it was and her troubles because I didnt want it to seem like I was being disparaging about her - thats not how I feel at all. I simply see the similarities as two vulnerable young ladies, for whatever individual reasons they wound up in those positions, being taken and then aside from that the reach of this 'family' in McClellanville seems far and wide in that area, vaguely associated with girls disappearing around them left and right.

Rose, is that Shaw's store right beside the furniture store? Oh, and do you know, was it the one pond I found on Google, Ackerman's pond?

CS lived on county line rd in between where she was (shaw's bar not store even tho papers say store a junk joint hang out for blks, about 50 ft down rd would be county line rd then about 6-7 miles give or take a mile is where this body/remains was found right off from my home,this body of water is man made creek/pond for farming,,odd thing i fine is ive road that dirt road many of times that creek/pond bes dried up,so im asking question is why its took 6 yrs for this body to be seen? something wrong with all this,,but just my MOO,,and CS dad has died ,he was very sick if im not wrong he had lung cancer was not able to keep running after cs ,listen this very sad,my heart goes out to GS but she knew how cs was,they tried help her but at times when you so mixed up on drugs hard control someone,,,my daughter went school with cs,we know this family real good,cs had great parents,but we cant control our kids once they leave home,,,in fact cs,dad and brother died since she went missing,,again,i truly do not feel this case has any thing to do with BD,
PS, in fact that hangout junk jointed dont even be open its just your druggis your salers hangout in front,,town of andrews knows all this,but nothing ever stops the drugs from passing,,our Cheif of police Ms Flowers is my dads niece,she was very close ties/friends with cs,its all about who u know,

Thank you for sharing what you know with us RoseC. I feel badly for Mrs. Soles. So much loss in her life. I'll keep her in my prayers.

wm

Thanks, Rose. I had heard most of what you summarized about the place and her situation but not that her father had passed away.

It sounds like they may not have found a complete skeleton from one report I read. At first I wondered if there was a shallow grave or something. I know Ms. Flowers said if this turns out to be human they will go back and search more - that puzzles me to an extent.

But yeah, as far as the place itself, it's easy to be quick to say there are places like this all over the south, but truth is they are in every city/town. I didnt want to go too deep into what kind of place it was and her troubles because I didnt want it to seem like I was being disparaging about her - thats not how I feel at all. I simply see the similarities as two vulnerable young ladies, for whatever individual reasons they wound up in those positions, being taken and then aside from that the reach of this 'family' in McClellanville seems far and wide in that area, vaguely associated with girls disappearing around them left and right.

Rose, is that Shaw's store right beside the furniture store? Oh, and do you know, was it the one pond I found on Google, Ackerman's pond?

first let me say, in no way to i feel cs or any other person should be hurt,killed etc, and i truly feel sorry for cs, she was good person, she been to my home many of times during her high school years with my daughter ,just when they got out of high school all of these girls went sep ways, to me drugs is a health addiction as drinking etc,my heart goes out to her,she was very pretty,sweet and well like girl very smart to,just she ended up in wrong crowds etc,,,,no one no matter what life style,deserves to be raped,hurt,or killed,so i do not blame her and i do hope they find who did this,,,,,,,,now for shaw store no its not by no furniture store ,you on wrong road,,,,road shaws store /bar is on is like still in city limits of andrews but we call it west andrews (listed on maps as west andrews) ill try map it and if i can will post it,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer