GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you bet it's interesting!! Thanks! My take on it:

The guy pulling in first is a friend. The red car is JE's Blazer. They are following one another. The door got stuck on the rug when it opened and JE is attempting to fix it. The guy from the first car to pull in obviously is waiting for JE and BS so they can all leave together.

Now the questions: 1. Is the front car TS's...I can only see that it is small and possibly grey...not silver... unless it is the video color. 2. Do I actually see JE laughing?!?!? while talking to his friend in blue?:furious: 3. What are they all pointing at up in the corner? 4. If, in fact, he did call someone while at checkout in WM could this be the person..."We are leaving WM now."? 5. Is this when the Blazer was taken to Roanoke and did the guy in blue bring them back to Salem? 6. For those in the Salem area - where is this store in relation to TS's house, the WM and where the Blazer was discovered?

TS's house is less than a mile from Apple Mart and Walmart is about 1.8 miles from TS's house. Sorry I am just not doing a good job at trying to post these maps.

Apple Mart Convenience Store is at 2723 West Main Street, Salem, VA

Walmart is at 1851 West Main Street, Salem, VA

Based on the video, I think this may have been before Tina was killed. I don't think they would fill up that SUV with gas if they knew they were going to ditch it. Unless the decision to ditch it in favor of the silver Dodge Neon was made later - such as red standing out and silver being the most common car color.

2nd question.... the guy with the hat and dark jacket. he is with them. they come into the store together. the guy pays for the gas.You can see them talking in line and Easley goes to look out the door to see what pump they're at. the guy pays and then waits for Easley and Brittany at the door. Easley buys something from behind the counter (looks round to me...maybe Skoal?) and then the 3 of them leave

I agree. He did look at first like he was keeping his distance from them initially. Watch him by the door, as soon as they leave he goes with them. It does not look to be coincidence either. That guy waited for them at the door for awhile. Is it possible when they left Walmart this was the person JE called and JE went to pick him up? Very suspicious looking.

TS's house: 3341 Fort Lewis Circle, Salem, Va

Walmart: 1851 West Main Street, Salem, VA

Apple Mart Convenience Store: 2723 W Main St Salem VA

If there is anyone out there that is good with maps, this is very, very interesting with regards to the location of these three "points" of interest but for the life of me I cannot get a map posted. TIA

I agree. He did look at first like he was keeping his distance from them initially. Watch him by the door, as soon as they leave he goes with them. It does not look to be coincidence either. That guy waited for them at the door for awhile. Is it possible when they left Walmart this was the person JE called and JE went to pick him up? Very suspicious looking.

The guy may have been helping unknowingly.
We know JE did not get cash at Walmart, even though he tried.
This transaction was paid in cash, I think this guy brought him money.
But we don't know that he knew what he was getting involved with.

Hey tlcox---

You're totally right, and I read a\nother post that made me realize that too. I'll hold judgement on that matter until further details are given.

Tina could have confronted him about the suspicious behavior and he decided to "end" her suspicion.

I'm still annoyed that she missed his criminal record. I'll let her off the hook for now for the red flags with Brittany.

Sorry bout that!

or appears to. Again, if this was a nonphonecall it may have been calculated to appear busy and oblivious to those around him while in actuality he was probably paying very close attention to everything and everyone around him, particulary BS.

What follows is not in response to Gizmorose but just thoughts that have ocurred to me while reading the last few pages of posts.

I cannot begin to speculate on whether BS had opportunities to run or not. What I will say is that a much physically larger adult male had her in his control and custody.

We have no idea if BS witnessed the murder of her mother. We have no idea if threats against other family members were made in order to terrify her. We have no idea of really anything that took place while they were MIA. I just know that to a petit 12 year old who lost her brother not long ago and now may have witnessed the murder of her mother, I can imagine threats of harm towards other family members could go a long way in keeping a child passive and compliant. Particularly if that child was led to believe that this was done because of her.

Children need no help in finding ways to blame themselves for the bad behavior of adults around them. If encouraged to think none of this would have happened but for the love of her, what a horrible and frightening burden to bear.

I was 14 years old when I was kidnapped from my home. I was missing and repeatedly raped for a period of almost 24 hours. I am 33 years old now. Although no one was killed in my presence, my life was threatened over and over during that time period. No gun, no knife, only the fact that here I was begging for my life while this 24 year old man held me. His strength was his only weapon. I spent years of my life questioning what if I had done this or what if I had not done that. What if I didn't answer the door, what if I had stayed on the phone with my friend when I answered the door. What if, what if, what if.......it took many years for me to realize that none of those what ifs would ever change the facts of what did actually happen and I did what I had to do in that situation to survive and stay alive. I would have told my attacker ANYTHING he wanted to hear and did ANYTHING he wanted me to do to stay alive. In fact, that is what kept me alive. I had many police officers, counselors, etc. all tell me that in my situation it is the one thing that kept me alive.

When I look at Brittany, I see myself, I see a LITTLE GIRL who is just trying to keep herself alive and in fact that is what she did. She LIVED and for that I applaud her.

2nd question.... the guy with the hat and dark jacket. he is with them. they come into the store together. the guy pays for the gas.You can see them talking in line and Easley goes to look out the door to see what pump they're at. the guy pays and then waits for Easley and Brittany at the door. Easley buys something from behind the counter (looks round to me...maybe Skoal?) and then the 3 of them leave

lynnb, I watched that video twice and didn't pick up on the other man until I read your post. Wonder who he is? And thanks for being so observant!!!!!

Salvarenga... (((hug)))... and thanks for sharing. Wonderful information and insight...

Okay - here's the original post from Japandaaa where she saw a red Chevy Blazer - I added it to tlcox's map (hope it works - oops, it didn't!):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...02515&sspn=0.029501,0.054846&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

Something just sparked my memory. I wonder if they will release a time of death for the mother ? Also, does anyone know where his vehicle was located ?

Why I'm wondering is because I went to the store on Friday night around 7pm and on the way back home ( I live up in North Beverly Heights ) I had noticed an older red Chevrolet Blazer in front of me turning off Jackson Dr ( in Beverly Heights ) on Texas Hollow Rd. The reason I noticed it was because it cut me off and I had to slow down for it. As soon as I was slowing down to make the turn on Creekwood Dr ( in North Beverly Heights ) I noticed it was all over the road swerving, but kept going straight on Texas Hollow Rd. I assumed it was a drunk driver.

It makes me wonder if it could have been his vehicle ?

This is what I thought !

As soon as I saw this, I was like that guy has to be with them. The thing is it looks like he gets out of the passenger seat of the car in front of JSE's SUV at the beginning. This makes me think that maybe two people were helping JSE because one would be driving the car in front of JSE's SUV, then maybe JSE took the SUV back to wherever TS's car was, left it for one of the guys to pick up, while the other guy stayed in the car. I am thinking all over the place here, but is there a possibility that TS and BS were out and about, when JSE and this guy followed them and abducted both of them ? Maybe TS was still alive at this point ? For all we know, she could have been in the car being held hostage. Maybe that's why JSE went back outside the door. I noticed he looked suspicious and like he was on something because he keeps playing with the money in his hands. Plus, he seems to be on the "lookout" constantly.

Seeing this video just opened another door of theories in my mind.

:waitasec:

This store is located right on W Main St at the entrance of Beverly Heights. It's literally a minute down the road from their house. Around this time, this store usually isn't busy because if I am correct, they close at 10pm on the weekends.

The guy may have been helping unknowingly.
We know JE did not get cash at Walmart, even though he tried.
This transaction was paid in cash, I think this guy brought him money.
But we don't know that he knew what he was getting involved with.

Speculation only here but I'm wondering if JE might have sold him the car at a cheap price to get quick cash the the California trip. Then maybe the guy saw the news break on the murder/abduction and connection to that red SUV and decided to ditch it. Of course that theory doesn't explain why the guy didn't contact LE unless he thought he'd be implicated in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam